Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was Special Stage Route X, which itself is an original track that was first introduced to GT5. Whatever real world track or original circuit we get for next month's update is a matter of chance.
It debuted in GT5 as a DLC track which became available in spec 2.0 onwards.

Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway and Autumn Ring got a bit of a upgrade in GT6...I hope thoes could return?

Same deal with High Speed Ring, which was upgraded back on GT5 Prologue, being way different from the PS2 era HSR. I find it curious that the only 3 classic tracks carried from PS2 to 3 still without any visual upgrades are the same and only ones which were featured in every main GT until GT6: Trial Mountain, Grand Valley and Deep Forest. In other words, you know, the Holy Trinity.

Weight, HP, and TQ are basically identical. I’m assuming between the (lame) 8 speed auto and 20 years of advances in turbo technology the A90 will take title, but not by much.
Oh ho, ONE around here, would have you believe the A80 is superior.

If the top in the silhouette was dark, I'd say very possible.

The car to come this week is definitely the C199, but I'm still wondering other versions of SLR would come to this franchise, as SLR is under both Mercedes and McLaren's brand.

As much as I love that era of JZA80 R32-4 FD3S etc. ... I feel that on the avg. race track that's not dependent on power, the new A90 would be superior everywhere and... true to the PD ethos... it would be easier for the avg. driver to perform better. Given same modern generation tyres and fairly stock A80 supra.

STILL... screw this BMW in a kimono eating sushi...

That era from say 1989 to 2002 is the golden age and everyone wants an A80 Skyline R etc.

Will gladly put those to the test and subsequently laugh my ass off if the A90 completely leaves the A80 for dead. Can't wait to ask the fanboys "Where's your god now?"

Knowing the A80 fanboys, most of them would probably just denounce it with "yeah but the BMW engine can't make 1000-2000hp like the 2JZ which is totally the best engine in the world because I watched the first three Fast and Furious movies every waking second of my life".

F&F fanboys are funny, aren't they?

I swear I was told once:

"All Real Car Guy Love Fast & Furious"

I laughed a good bit

Did this

Then proceeded to tell them

Real Car Guys have been Real Car Guys before Fast & Furious, we do Real Car Things. F&F was a cute movie n all, I liked the fist one despite all its cliches and errors & then the series went into right field and its just an action series.

I have respect for Paul Walker as a Person for his off movie screen life. I enjoyed the movies, but lets be Real. Real Car Guys do Real Car Things.

Like I said tho, I like the movie & respect Paul Walker, I've been to a few Paul Walker Memorial Cruise

FB_IMG_1544220906714.jpg

FB_IMG_1544220917492.jpg

FB_IMG_1544220932443.jpg

End of Day tho

Real Car Guys do Real Car Things

The problem with that association the Supra has with the FnF movies is that Supra had already long established what it was capable of well before 2001... in fact I think the Supra was in its last years of life by 2001.

I also feel that the FnF movies tend to show the Supra in a very LHD centric view (which is expected from Hollywood) but I feel that the RHD world these Japanese imports had their own life.

I owned and driven these cars and that stylised Calfornia world that FnF depicts and its totally alien to me. I had a mate who had several Supras. There's guys with collections of the r32 33 34 gtr.. wasnt a big deal at the time as they were under $100k for all three.

At one time you could buy automatic n/a models for a few grand so its not like they were a big deal.

I know to Americans the JZA80 FD3S R32 etc were big deals and they only made a limited number of LHD models so the price wa always going up.

That wasnt the case in RHD countries where you could buy these by the containers so that rarity thing wasnt there.

But now 20yrs later this isnt the case.

TBH modern super/hypercars do nothing for me and if they were removed completely for more racecars I would not be the least bit upset.
I would say the otherway around i would not be sorry for more super/HyperCars for the space of race cars

Looks like GTS is focusing more on super and hypercars....we’re still waiting for 488 , hope one day we’ll se this beast.

Attachments

• B3FF21F4-547A-49F6-9D56-C4D2A993B0CF.jpeg
    B3FF21F4-547A-49F6-9D56-C4D2A993B0CF.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: J.D
Really important for me are the tracks. The tracklist of gt sport now is ok, a good mix of original tracks and real world tracks.

The perfect track roster would be, if they add the following tracks:

Spa
Isle of Man TT-Circuit
Pikes Peak
Road America
Laguna Seca
... and perhaps the good old Cote d'Azur-Circuit

So I hope, on the 5th Polyphony add one of these circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back