Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people say GT Sport doesn't have any hyper/supercars.
MOS_6609-Edit.jpg

Besides the 918 (which I'm sure PD will add in the future) this set is complete once the Huayra is added to the game.

MOS_6609-Edit.jpg

Besides the 918 (which I'm sure PD will add in the future) this set is complete once the Huayra is added to the game.
This set is not updated with the newest hypercars. Agera RS, Regera, Chiron, Huayra BC, Senna, Centenario, FXX K etc.

Glad we're getting the Supra but I was somewhat surprised when I saw it only had 340hp. I mean, the old RZ had 335hp. Ok, technology is 20 years newer but still. Thought it would rival the new NSX but I suppose the NSX was considered more of a 'supercar' whereas the Supra a 'sports' car.

Well could be worst, as there's also a 2.0L 194 bhp, 236 lb-ft base model incoming!

Still hoping for a regular P1 to be added at some point. The GTR is nice and all, but there are no GT League events to use it in and I'd honestly rather have more Nxxx cars than Gr.X ones. Plus, if PD give us the 918 we'll have the holy trinity.

Definitely looking forward to trying out the new cars though, despite there only being 5 this month. I do wonder if that's because less than 2 weeks after the update, the Paris event is taking place and perhaps PD will reveal some new cars at that too...

Thinking out loud here... with last nights maintenance and the little update we had at the start of February one could suppose they’re doing some staging for something more than five cars. Or maybe it’s wishful thinking out loud...

That's what i was kinda thinking as well. Not too many cars but lots of new features and improvements which the game really needs right now.

I prefer Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Mid Field over than that looong monotonous circuit

Monotonous?
Apart from roadside scenery and detail I’d say ”the Sierra” was everything but...

Add a few villages and intersections - appropriately blocked off, naturally - and we’ve reached the closest we will ever get to Targa Florio, most likely.

Some variation in track width and road surface would be welcome too, but on the whole, and given the sheer scale of the thing, i’d say the Sierra is the most magnificent and rewarding drive in GT history. Let’s bring it!

(Oh. Almost forgot the mandatory clarification of IMO.)

Aston Martin Vulcan and Lamborghini Veneno don't deserve a mention? However, I wouldn't say it only needs the 918 at this point because the P1 GTR is a track focused evolution that isn't even road legal.

Thinking out loud here... with last nights maintenance and the little update we had at the start of February one could suppose they’re doing some staging for something more than five cars. Or maybe it’s wishful thinking out loud...
After the Christmas break, and now a few weeks before the Paris event, we’re in a bit of a no man’s land. We really need a sit down interview with Kaz to spell out PD’s plans for the next 12-18 months. I would imagine the rollout of DLC will be staged around live FIA events after that proved successful in boosting viewer numbers and hyping the update.

So after this update we should have 285 cars in total if i am not wrong. 5 cars is not a very high Number, but they have make great choises here i am for sure going to buy them all. Can we expect 350 cars by the end of the year.
And we could end up with 450 cars next year with most Likely the final update, i think the game will get content until then, but with Only 5 cars in this update, this must mean that the update will include some major other content or something bigger later, after all 4 of the cars in this update is premium models from gt6, takes less time to add campared to brand new models. And i don't think getting premium models back is a bad thing becouse that added more cars to each update, as long as the keep adding some new cars in the mix as well it should be fine, some premiums just deserves to come back. Slr and huayra being one of them. With just new models we could not expect more than maybe 4-5 cars per month, and that is not going to add Much to the 400-500 expected list. This franchise has a pretty large fanbase. So its expected that not everyone is happy with some of the cars they might add. I was not so happy with july update last year, but i did not complain about it, becouse i know its free content. And i am not the Only player on the game, i just wish some people would understand that everyone has their own taste in cars

Last edited:
PD pleaseeee , next bring us some classic jdm cars and hypercars , we need 3000GT , S15 , 180SX, Eclipse (i know this is not jdm), DC5, Civics EG and EK, etc etc... and some hypercars like Chiron, 918, P1 (road car), W12 Nardo, Veyron SuperSport, Mclaren Senna, GT2 RS, 488Pista, Huracan Performante, AMG GTR and some koeniggsegs like Agera and Regera. ❤️

Well could be worst, as there's also a 2.0L 194 bhp, 236 lb-ft base model incoming!

Well...
The 2.0 is a turbo after all. And, apparently, it will be offered with 258 hp as well. At least in Japan. So it’s probably not a complete waste of money, and possibly even the sportier performer after some tweaking.
It’s not entirely unthinkable a tuned base model can offer more bang for the buck.
And if Toyota does decide to offer the fourbangers with an option of three pedals...
Well i’d be hard pressed to choose any automated six over a manual four churned to 270-300 peak pony. At least in a sporty drivers car.

Last edited:
If I'm going to be truthful the only "content" that I want in this update is the old physics model back. With the old physics model I felt that GTS was a good complement to PC2 and AC, easier for sure, but cars would still bite back if you made a mistake. Now a little opposite lock will get you out of anything, and that's with cars that would put you backwards into the tire wall if you tried that in RL.

I still love the game, but it lacks challenge now.

If I'm going to be truthful the only "content" that I want in this update is the old physics model back. With the old physics model I felt that GTS was a good complement to PC2 and AC, easier for sure, but cars would still bite back if you made a mistake. Now a little opposite lock will get you out of anything, and that's with cars that would put you backwards into the tire wall if you tried that in RL.

I thought people agreed that some cars were too hard to drive and that they could do with more grip long ago, so much so that there was a dedicated thread about people whining about the tyres having no grip

TBH modern super/hypercars do nothing for me and if they were removed completely for more racecars I would not be the least bit upset.

Plus. we'll finally get to see how much faster the A90 is over the A80 at Tsukuba and Fuji. As a base, the A90 does 4.1 0-100km/h, wider tyres and more dynamic everything else.

Weight, HP, and TQ are basically identical. I’m assuming between the (lame) 8 speed auto and 20 years of advances in turbo technology the A90 will take title, but not by much.

Plus. we'll finally get to see how much faster the A90 is over the A80 at Tsukuba and Fuji. As a base, the A90 does 4.1 0-100km/h, wider tyres and more dynamic everything else.

Will gladly put those to the test and subsequently laugh my ass off if the A90 completely leaves the A80 for dead. Can't wait to ask the fanboys "Where's your god now?"

Getting a little tired of the game again. If the new track is a dud/ non-existent without other significant improvements I will likely give Dirt Rally 2 a crack.

Exactly, what's stopping you from doing that now?

Given how the GT6 supercars that were added to game retained their prices from GT6 (e.g Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren F1, etc.), you're looking at 1,350,000 million credits to buy that Huayra.

And if I'm honest, 1,350,000 isn't exactly difficult to get within a day. Hell, within a hour even.

And I am assuming you know this because of real world experience with these cars and hundreds of thousands of track miles. I don’t have much real world experience but I do have hundreds of thousands of miles logged into GT games with pushing cars and I feel the physics are finally good in this game so hopefully you won’t get your wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back