Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see them utilize it more myself. The game has 3 dirt tracks that they spent time on and rarely get used. You can tell that they aren't being considered by PD due to lack of being in Sport mode, in Custom Races you can only run against one other car AND, you can't even pick what car it is, what the heck is that about? You also still can't use a single BMW in any of the dirt tracks for some reason but you can drive a Viper and jump that all over the place. They have pits but you can't add fuel consumption or tire wear.

Eiger Nordwand was a great track from GT6. I would be elated if they brought that back.

I'd actually be very happy if we get a snow coarse like Chamonix or a completely new one.
The game does in fact have snow tires. They must be there for a purpose. I wouldn't see why PD would add them in the tuning menu if they will never be used.
View attachment 803037
A snow track showing up next week is a very good guess. Also, windshield wipers might finally be used in the game because in GT5/6 you were able to choose to race when it's sunny or during a snow storm:

Would snow physics be as controversial as dirt?

I know there are zero possibilities for Sebring to be added, but that track will host two major races next month. One of them is part of FIA WEC. It's still strange for me to see that a FIA-certified game has so little relation to WEC.

I know there are zero possibilities for Sebring to be added, but that track will host two major races next month. One of them is part of FIA WEC. It's still strange for me to see that a FIA-certified game has so little relation to WEC.
Maybe that's because WEC has no relation to the game's two biggest classes of race cars: GT3 and GT4.

A rally track??
The rally concept in the game has been absolutely abandoned. I'm pretty sure they won't give us a rally track.
(Until they give us a rally track because that's just the thing this company will do)

Rally should never have been included in the game. It's never been done in GT well, and they weren't about to buck that trend in GT sport. It has been next to completely unutilised (no sport mode presence, two GT League races) while meanwhile the vast majority of the playerbase has been absolutely gagging for more road courses.

That's an inexcusable waste of resources.

Rally should never have been included in the game. It's never been done in GT well, and they weren't about to buck that trend in GT sport. It has been next to completely unutilised (no sport mode presence, two GT League races) while meanwhile the vast majority of the playerbase has been absolutely gagging for more road courses.

That's an inexcusable waste of resources.
Well, that's your opinion. In the future, we should see once GT7 comes out.

And here's where the problem seems to be with this game for some: People automatically assumed "FIA Certified" Automatically meant literally Any series that sanctioned by the FIA (Blancpain GT, FIA WEC, ETC) when in reality, that's not at all what it means. All it meant was that it would be a championship reconized by the FIA in the same way real life series are (henceforce the champion Igor Fraga being celebrated in the same place and atmosphere as the FIA Formula 1 World Champion, the FIA World Rally Champion and so on) that's it. "FIA Certified" does not mean "FIA Licensed". Big difference and a massive point so many have missed.

Explain the Porsche RSR, Gazoo Supra and M3 GT2 then. Also, don't forget the 2016 trio of LMP1s.

-The Porsche 911 RSR also races in IMSA and the ELMS, not just the WEC.
-The GR Supra Racing concept is just that: a Racing Concept. It might be built to a certain regs, but is it racing right now?
-The BMW M3 you mentioned competed in the LMES (Because there was no WEC in 2010 and 2011) and the 24 Hours Of Lemans.

Also, wrong M3:

That's the car we have in the game: the 2011 Nürburgring 24 car.

As for the 2016 LMP1s, because that's what people wanted? Basing the assumption that WEC was somehow supposed to be a thing based solely on these and the cars mentioned is abit narrow minded and once again, a perfect example of somehow assuming "FIA Certified" means "FIA licensed".

Last edited:
Hard to say, each is quite different on its own.
Previous track had nothing to do with the cars since it was basically a test track.

Can't really judge based from a MX-5 then followed by a SLR Mclaren, then a Huayra, then new Supra and the Mclaren f1 GTR (whatever it's gonna be).
Different category cars
I was just thinking about the track below.

I'm gonna bet Silverstone in this one in terms of the track.

Having a bit of fun, with reason. ;) The MX-5 is a Japanese take on British motoring, the SLR is German and British made, Lewis Hamilton(he's British/English) owned a Pagani, The McLaren F1 is British. Now, the Supra, is in the spirit of the 2000GT. The 2000GT's styling, was inspired by the E-Type Jag.

When that trailer drops, we should get a shot like this
silverstone_gp_05.jpg

Next, the MX-5 interior dash should be shown first as the camera pans outward to show it in all its glory. Headlights flip up slowly, as the camera circles the car at dusk...

Well, that's your opinion. In the future, we should see once GT7 comes out.

Objectively what is in GT sport isn't rally.

I think you are very optimistic if you think that if it is included in GT7 it isnt going to be some obstacle dodging exercise like in GT:S that neither resembles rally or rallycross.

Objectively what is in GT sport isn't rally.

I think you are very optimistic if you think that if it is included in GT7 it isnt going to be some obstacle dodging exercise like in GT:S that neither resembles rally or rallycross.
I understand the case with GT Sport; it's no doubt that there's already some controversies amongst players with regards to its content and direction since when it came out.

And yeah, I just expect GT7 to be a lot better. Who knows how it will simulate rally there? The experience could even be better. A lot may even be surprised but of course, I'm just assuming all of these. I still hope most of them will come true.

I suspect we will get both at somepoint, but this announcement and the update coming now I would put the likely hood towards the Gr4 car first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back