No Seasonal Event Races in GT6...it's pissing me off (and it's over 9000~!!!!!!)

• Thread starter Jayson619
  • 87 comments
Well, I mean he means that the car is provided solely for use in the event and not for keeps, then I don't see an issue. If one expects to be given one to use and keep it afterwards, like any of the update cars (e.g. the new Corvette Stingray or the second AMG Vision GT), then that is asking for too much. Anyway, I don't wish to argue. If it bothers you that much that I quoted you, then I apologise.
This is what I mean.

And I tend to sell/get rid of any car I don't want cluttering my garage (the G37 f ex), either for the cr. or just because I don't like it. I hate when I recieve a prize car that is worthless in all manner of ways - no sale cr., ugly, crappy drive etc.

Also, shouldn't TT's be about equal terms? If the car is provided, and untunable, that would be equality.

I am personally more "offended" by the fact that some races pretty much require you to upgrade the car for thousands of credits, to get the gold credits. I know some seasonals had me spend some precious time and credits only to be left with a paint chip and minus some thousand credits because the payout is too low. And that is while i had the car needed. Would be worse if i had to purchase the car too :/

I am personally more "offended" by the fact that some races pretty much require you to upgrade the car for thousands of credits, to get the gold credits. I know some seasonals had me spend some precious time and credits only to be left with a paint chip and minus some thousand credits because the payout is too low. And that is while i had the car needed. Would be worse if i had to purchase the car too :/
Same thought here. You have to do the math before doing these seasonals. Most of the time it's not worth the time and effort!

I am personally more "offended" by the fact that some races pretty much require you to upgrade the car for thousands of credits, to get the gold credits.

Huh!!!!

I have been able to Gold every TT @ stock so far except for the Lancia Delta, 86-GT & Rocket, but even then I only needed to pay out less than 5% of the Gold prize credit amount on each car for an upgrade or two that would get me the Gold time.

Huh!!!!

I have been able to Gold every TT @ stock so far except for the Lancia Delta, 86-GT & Rocket, but even then I only needed to pay out less than 5% of the Gold prize credit amount on each car for an upgrade or two that would get me the Gold time.

:bowdown:

I agree that it's frustrating that there are no seasonal race events. I currently play both GT6 and gT5 as I got a bit bored with 6. Recently, I have been doing the Nascar Seasonal race at monza where, if you have the PP low enough, you can earn more in 7 laps (15 minutes including loading times) than you can with the 25 minutes (estimate including loading times) doing RB Standard championship...3M credits vs 2.something..and it's a lot easier, though more tedious.

I wonder if PD, rather than just carrying on from where GT5 left off, have just reset their formula for GT6 because, correct me if I'm wrong, but GT5 didn't even have seasonals for the first few months after release? They may be using the same formula but just giving the time trials to keep people coming back until they do whatever they are going to do as they realised people would leave the game if there was nothing new given how easy the career mode was to complete and the poorness of the online portion. That's my impression of it anyway...but, of course, the only ones who know is PD and, as usual, they seem to forget one of the most important principles to running a business: Communication with users

finished all 3 new "seasonals" in less than 20 min..woohoo..that includes purchasing the 2 cars I had sold.Hated the Diablo and not a fan of the Plymouth even though I am an avid Mopar man
Once again no racing only gold n done tt junk again

Just out; GT5 has Seasonal Races; currently as of this post it's a Super GT 600pp race. But GT6 Seasonal Events has always been (and to some, annoying impossible) Time Attacks. Yeah events are nice and grateful but I seriously prefer there be an event like what GT5 is having now; races against the AI with bigger rewards we can farm for every time we win so as to upgrade and buy our cars in the game.

Time Attack? No thanks for me. Yeah I know they are for the serious player but spare a thought for the casual, those without space and budget for a steering wheel and those who can't handle without aids!

They don´t want you to get bigger rewards. They are still hoping the microtransaction thing will work out. So far GT6 is all about moneymaking and not the promised or wished for game they should have made.... you can start playing GT6 again in 1 or 2 years, when the whole game might be finished... :boggled:

No seasonal races is bad. I really enjoyed the majority of them in GT5. In particular the NASCAR Nurburgring race from early on in the GT5 seasonal event life cycle.

Huh!!!!

Not everyone is as skilled of a driver as you are therefore they need all the advantages they can get....tuning, additional power parts, ect.

Three more TT's. It's past the point of being funny. I don't care about the low payouts, I want to RACE. I pulled GT-5 out of storage and ran their seasonals. How hard would it be to give the same content to GT-6?

Last edited:
I wish there were actual races as well. I don't mind doing the time trials, but I'm not fond of spending 150 grand or more than the actual prize money every time I do a race. This is quite the expensive collection of paint chips.

Three more TT's. It's past the point of being funny. I don't care about the low payouts, I want to RACE. I pulled GT-5 out of storage and ran their seasonals. How hard would it be to give the same content to GT-6?

Pssssst....quiet as it be kept, but I heard that if you go online there are some actual races there.....some even involve humans. :lol:

Just messing with you friend. :) I know what you're saying though, it would be cool to have some Seasonal races come our way just as a change of pace.

How hard could it actally be to make a seasonal race? Or is it impossible due to the crappy AI? Everytime they try one setup, you are in first place after the first turn... probably thats why no seasonals... I have the strange feeling they do this on purpose to make us unhappy with GT6 and than come out at xmas with GT7 for PS4 with all the features they promised for GT6 .... and bang. everybody buys GT7 and a PS4.... I think that might be the reason for doing nothing constructive in GT6, not even simple seasonal races...:irked:

Time Attack? No thanks for me. Yeah I know they are for the serious player but spare a thought for the casual, those without space and budget for a steering wheel and those who can't handle without aids!
You don't have to have an expensive setup to do TT's. Adding extra cars to a track won't suddenly make you a better driver.

You don't have to have an expensive setup to do TT's. Adding extra cars to a track won't suddenly make you a better driver.

Exactly, its not as if the AI is any competition anyway, having roadblocks in the way does nothing for my blood pressure.

At the end of the day even WITH other cars you are surely trying to go quick, do a "HOTLAP"/string of.

You don't need a wheel either, crank proved that! And those ultra quick guys use assists...

Two more weeks and all we get are more lame TT's. I was going to dust off my wheel and play last night. Thought I would re-run one a difficult GT6 race, but there are no difficult races. GT6 is such a disappointing sequel.

I wish there were actual races as well. I don't mind doing the time trials, but I'm not fond of spending 150 grand or more than the actual prize money every time I do a race. This is quite the expensive collection of paint chips.
I only got the game maybe four weeks ago (so yeah aren't EYE mad to see it go half-price WITH in-game credits right now?!?) but for the time I've been doing the seasonal TTs I've maybe had to buy one car. Everything else has been a prize for something I've done before. Why are you having to buy cars?

Earth to Polyphony... hello... you listening? Where are RACE seasonals, and events that pay more than a measly 40,000-60,000 credits? Variety is what makes this game special and right now variety is sorely missing!!! I've gotten bored enough to purchase Assetto Corsa early access and that thought never crossed my mind with GT5!

Please give us RACE seasonals with significant payouts and bring back variety... that's what we need.

I don't see why everybody is so angry with time trials as seasonal events... For me they are the best they can do, race against yourself and the crono, if you are so desperated to race then come on!!!!!!! What's the point on racing against a computer AI who brakes a thousand miles before the braking point, crashes into your car whenever it has the chance to do so, or doesn't defend its position? Go to the online mode and race other real drivers!!!! That's the key of racing! Challeging others who actually at least care about not being defeated!moreover online races are renewed every second with tpdifferent circuits, conditions, cars and rules, so you don't need to wait until the next 2 fridays to have fun again.
You have all the races against the AI from the licenses stuff on the individual game mode
Time trails serve at least to keep me driving the same track for hours/days and seeking for corners where i can go faster or improving my driving skills

So as you can see, unlikely to everybody here I'm pleased that seasonals are not filled with stupid races with the stupid rolling obstacles that you can overtake even if you're driving a car with 40hp less.

I strongly encourage the people who doesn't like time trials to go and select the upper square for online races and find out how different and much more fun is to race with people than with the machine (I know that some of you do both things but considering that time trials are only set in seasonals and you can drive against the computer in the single player mode... You know, I'm just trying to protect my favorite part of the game)

By the way it is true that either the prices should be higher, able to be earned more than one or the gifts were cars instead of every single color in the rainbow, it would be better.

By the way it is true that either the prizes should be higher, able to be earned more than once or the gifts were cars instead of every single color in the rainbow, it would be better.
What you said right there is why people are complaining. And considering the WEAK career content, we have every right to complain. But, oh yeah, there's no direct pipeline to PD TO complain. I keep seeing folks referring to "when GT7 comes out....." and I can ONLY assume these poor folks have already bought a PS4 and HAVE to hope eventually for a playable game. But you only get to rip ME off once, and this one was it. No more GT money for Kazoo, no more PS money for SCE.

What you said right there is why people are complaining. And considering the WEAK career content, we have every right to complain. But, oh yeah, there's no direct pipeline to PD TO complain. I keep seeing folks referring to "when GT7 comes out....." and I can ONLY assume these poor folks have already bought a PS4 and HAVE to hope eventually for a playable game. But you only get to rip ME off once, and this one was it. No more GT money for Kazoo, no more PS money for SCE.

I'm refering to those who complain not about the quantity of the gold pay but those who rather races against AIs when they have the possibility to race real people in the online mode, anyway it's just my opinion...

@bluecharger the way I've found out to recover money after seasonals and that stuff is racing the redbull events again and again, I'm sorry to PD but as everbody here we are used to games which:
1. When they are released, they are COMPLETE and you don't have to spend money to have it complete (thing which annoyed me in GT5
2. We don't like the fact that players are practically forces to purchase credits if they don't have time enough to spend the night playing.

So don't get me wrong dude, I'm talking to those who complain about not having AI races any more and suggesting a way better alternative.

I'm refering to those who complain not about the quantity of the gold pay but those who rather races against AIs when they have the possibility to race real people in the online mode, anyway it's just my opinion...

1.) Not everyone has internet at home.
2.) Sometimes I just don't feel like going online, especially in public lobbies with the bs that often goes with them. I'm sure that there are others that also feel this way.
3.) The old seasonals were a pressure-free (relaxing?) way of grinding decent credits with different cars on different tracks.

Just my 2 cents...

1.) Not everyone has internet at home.
2.) Sometimes I just don't feel like going online, especially in public lobbies with the bs that often goes with them. I'm sure that there are others that also feel this way.
3.) The old seasonals were a pressure-free (relaxing?) way of grinding decent credits with different cars on different tracks.

Just my 2 cents...

1.) if they don't have internet how do they get the actualizations and new seasonals?

2.) this one i agree with you

3.) then you have either the career races or the single player mode... I'm just trying to protect my beloved time trials... Hahaha

Back