NSX-RM Wednesday Night World Championship (Champion-Jonzster!!!)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 564 comments
I've given the car a drive, and I feel it would a fair bit more fun to drive if it was restricted to Racing hard tyres, for some reason they only last as long as the softs, but the car doesn't feel like its on rails, yet still maintains the feel of a race car.

Just my thoughts. đź‘Ť

Just to confirm that JEMcG and steviosov will make up the last of our 8 teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool I'm looking forward to it all.

Oh and I agree on making the tyres racing hard instead of racing soft.

Ok I will ask the rest of the racers if they want to switch to racing hard and let you two know as soon as possible.

I think with 16 people on track softs will help prevent alot of incidents. As I said I will need to ask all the others involved and get back to you.

Are we allowed to have a fresh car for each race? With the engine broke in for more power?

Season OpenerTOKYO R246

P1 Finish - Jonzster by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

The season got off to a good start with all 16 drivers turning up. We unfortunately lost three people to connection problems but hopefully that will be sorted for next week. Some people had to deal with the notorious Nsx Rm glitch, this however did not spoil what was a great race. With plenty of run off areas at the next track, Suzuka, we expect the glitch should not be a factor.

There were lots of close battles and plenty of overtakes during the race. Jonzster managed p1 in qualifying and from the start of the race he was just setting lap times as the rest of the pack struggled to match his pace. Congratulations on a dominant first performance Jonzster đź‘Ť

Also a big well done to Drex for a solid performance, gaining eight places from his starting position and picking up great points for himself and his team in the process.

Specter must get credit for an almost perfect drive. Starting last on the grid he made it all the way up to second. Unfortunately when he put his car into the wall at turn two his race was over.

I must also say I was very impressed with how few collisions there were involving two cars. Drivers however have to be reminded that they must stay inside the white line when exiting the pits during the race and qualifying . If you are on an out lap in qualifying always give way to someone on a fast lap. With almost a full house at the race all the boys did really well to be wary of other drivers and as a result our steward has the week off :)

The results:

P1- Jonzster
P2- SICWHITT
P3- Steg_GT
p4- Drex81 (Bonus point for gaining most places in the race, 8)
p5- GTP_Toffe
P6- Barn_One
p7- Sebastiangurka
p8- MLR_Carts43
p9- Dekowolf
p10- ur-the-daddy
p11- Haigis
p12- jackargent
p13- MLR_Specter (DNF)
p14- JaymzVsTheWorld (DNS)
p15- GTP_Sigma (DNS)
p16- R35-SYKL1N3 (DNS)

Driver Table
Team Table

Next race is at Suzuka and will be Wednesday 20th July at 9pm GMT. (Check your local time zone)

Race 2 Suzuka by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great racing guys! It seems when I switched from wired connection to wireless all my problems went away. Weird but I'm glad it worked! I just wanted to stay clean and glitch free! Was trying to run down steg but podium will have to wait. Y'all r fast!!!

You did very well Drex, I enjoyed watching you work your way through the field. Really glad you got in, even if you did have me worried on those last few laps. :)

See you at Suzuka!

Steg

Disconnected right before the race :-( And my team mate got disconnected a while before the race. Sucks.

I know James you two were missed. I am trying my best to find out if there is anything I can do to stop this happening again. Fingers crossed for you next week bud.

Great race just a pity we were short a few drivers due to connection problems, had they been in play it could have turned out quite differently.

Sigma was blisteringly fast in qualy before he was disconnected, I certainly could not match his pace.

Grats to everyone who took part, watched the replay and threre were some great battles.

Well done Steg and SICWHITT on your podiums! honorable mention goes out to Specter (IIRC) for fastest lap.

Can not wait for Suzuka!

Thanks jonzster, there was no way I was getting close to you but I am happy with a distant third :). The replay does make for a good watch and it along with some race photos will be up online soon.

Hey Steg your times were good what with being stuck in the thick of the action and all. As we all know It is much easier leading from the front.

I'll be sure to check out the website later đź‘Ť

I found this in another thread and thought it might be useful to those having connection problems.

REMEMBER TO CLEAR THE ONLINE CACHE BEFORE ENTER THE PRIVATE LOUNGE

In order to have GT5 working flawlessly on-line besides clear your cache from the in-game options/network menu it's better to open, for the PS3 IP, the following ports on your firewall (from GT5 manual inside the game):

TCP 80
TCP 443
TCP 5223
UDP 3478
UDP 3479
UDP 3658
UDP 5658

and also, if it's possible in your router, to put the PS3 IP in the DMZ function.
This two operations will make possible to have less lag and room connection problems.

Nice one Jonzster, I will Pm this message to the three that had problems.
Thanks for going out and finding this :)

I've given the car a drive, and I feel it would a fair bit more fun to drive if it was restricted to Racing hard tyres, for some reason they only last as long as the softs, but the car doesn't feel like its on rails, yet still maintains the feel of a race car.

Just my thoughts. đź‘Ť

The reason they only last as long as the softs, is that most people drive them just as hard as the softs. Meaning: these tires have less grip and therefore break loose more often and wear down easier/faster, while the softs break loose less and therefore wear correctly.

To make racing Meds and Hards last longer than softs, you have to drive easier and more accurately... most people (including me) have a real hard time doing it, especially in short competitive races like these (at least race one) are... and I hardly consider myself a noob (or a le mans prototype, lol)

I have set my router and did all the port forwarding. So far online has been better. Thanks guys

Good to hear! Hopefully with everyone doing this we should get all 16 on grid tomorrow.

Carts, I am also part of the guilty party that drives as hard on mediums as I would on soft. It now makes alot of sense to me, thanks! :)

Last edited:
The reason they only last as long as the softs, is that most people drive them just as hard as the softs. Meaning: these tires have less grip and therefore break loose more often and wear down easier/faster, while the softs break loose less and therefore wear correctly.

To make racing Meds and Hards last longer than softs, you have to drive easier and more accurately... most people (including me) have a real hard time doing it, especially in short competitive races like these (at least race one) are... and I hardly consider myself a noob (or a le mans prototype, lol)

I know the hards can wear at lower rate than the softs, I think its as much to do with my setup as it is with my driving style. I tend to set my car up for significant oversteer, this never bodes well for the rear tyres. That said, I can conserve my tyres when I want to, its an element you just don't have to worry about with the soft tyres as they seldom brake traction. This is another reason why I think hard tyres would be better for this series. Aside from the increased difficulty aspect, I prefer that the car doesn't handle like its on rails, and has to be looked after also.

I get where you are coming from Sigma, I really do, but not everyone will be as competent on the harder compound and I fear that this would result in more collisions when making your way through the pack. We aim to please all but that is impossible.

You have the opportunity tonight not to use softs as I don't think many people could run 15 laps of Suzuka without wrecking them. I know I certainly can't, but that may just be me :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back