NSX-RM Wednesday Night World Championship (Champion-Jonzster!!!)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 564 comments
My GTP pace is quicker than my race pace :lol:

Unlucky jonzster you were for sure looking at a high place finish until you were glitched.
I couldn't find those tenths in Quali to get anywhere near you!
Laguna Seca should have less places to glitch so here is hoping for a majority finish next week.

R35- That's not what I said :lol:. All I meant was you done well to prove you are not a dirty racer, you are infact a podium worthy racer :)

Website should be updated very shortly lads.

Cheers again for a good race.

Steg.

Yeah Steg Qually went well, set lap after lap in the low 1.03's and then in 2nd phase posted a 1:02.7xx but race was a different story!

Had a mega battle with Sicwhitt and Drex. Drex and I swapped places in the first 4 laps I don't know how many times untill I got clear after the 2nd corner. Oh and Drex mate I wasn't trying to break draft at first corner that is my line (not the best line as it turns out) Sicwhitt can attest to this as he ran close behind me for several qually laps ;) anyway just before the bridge I managed to pull a gap, not sure what happened there think Drex went off and Sic had to slow to avoid.

Next lap I went off at the turn just before the start/finish straight and you lot flew past, got on the back of the train and had a good battle with Steg for a lap, then lost it and got glitched. Not my best ever race but it was fun while it lasted!

I then sat in the pits for the remainder of the race, didn't quit in case it messed up the connection (as per rules, others pls note ;) )

Good race chaps, well done to everybody who managed to finish this one. Look forward to the next one :)

Good review again mate, Well played for staying in the race Jonzster when others quit.
If we had one more exit then you would of made the points.
I felt honored to battle the championship leader for a lap and was sad to look round and see you had lost it.
My game plan was to make my way through the pack and use you as a pace setter :)

Twice I spun at the last turn. On lap 1 I was leading and tried to go too hard on cold tyres to get out of slipstream distance. The last corner got me again shortly after but I managed to hold onto the back end and keep facing the right direction.

Jackargent was the man to help me through the pack the most after my spin.
I really enjoyed the battles we had.
He was ridiculously fast towards the end and it was just a small mistake that allowed me past him. The pair of us were knocking a second a sector off of the leaders time for the last 10 laps or so!

I also had a good time racing Sigma side by side for a few laps but different pit strategies soon put an end to that fun :)

Next week should be good, I'm expecting an American victory at Laguna Seca :)

You sir are a gentleman :) It was a pity I screwed up there, it was great being in the thick of the action. I was to eager to make up lost ground a bit to quickly.
A bit more thought and not going gungho was required me thinks. All the best see ya next race :cheers:

You sir are a gentleman :) It was a pity I screwed up there, it was great being in the thick of the action. I was to eager to make up lost ground a bit to quickly.
A bit more thought and not going gungho was required me thinks. All the best see ya next race :cheers:

Got to be the first time a Glaswegian has been called a gentleman :lol:

Cheers mate, See you next week :)

:lol: Your tyres will be safe, couldn't get my rambo knife through security at HSR and I've heard Laguna Seca is even tougher :)

I'm guessing that's your team mate pulled out Jonzster.

It's your call if you want to ask someone you know to replace him or we can fill his spot with one of the reserves.

Let me know bud ;)

My little race report: Throughout qualifying I was busy doing donuts and wheelspins due to not being allowed to qualify, I was a bit annoyed at myself as I had thought HSR as one of my better tracks. So I started at the back along side jaymz with my team-mate jack infront of me.

As the race started I got off to a great start and jumped 3 places to 9th, on the first corner I drafted a few people and took sigma on the inside on the second straight, at this point there was a huge flock of cars infront of me and I was dreading another incident so took extra precaution and braked earlier to avoid contact, throughout the first lap I was constantly drafting to keep up with the main pack, I noticed Toffe spin out and wondered if there had been an incident then I saw others spinning out through the race. I kept up my pace and in the first lap I had climbed to 5th place and was going strong,

By the second lap I was in 4th and trying to keep a consistent and competitive pace while not wasting my tires, I saw the front 3 pulling away and settled to 4th and kept a steady pace, being extra cautious as I had noticed many spinning out, I had a small battle with carts and jaymz in lap 5 where I made a mistake and dropped to 7th in that lap.

Due to spins, the glitch and many people pitting I had climbed a great few positions in the following laps, lap 6: 6th Lap 10: 5th. On the following laps I saw seb and barn slowly pulling away and my team mate jack catching up so we began drafting each other and as a result, stuck together and began to gain places and set quicker laps, we went on for a number of laps and as jack pitted we were gold firm 1 & 2 taking positions 1 & 2, jack decided to pit but I stayed out and led from lap 16 or 17 to round about lap 26 or 27 which I was very pleased about, I saw sigma was in 2nd and I was maintaning a rough 9 second gap until sic overtook him and as he was on fresh tires he cut my lead by about a second a lap, which dashed my hopes of winning as he took the lead, I tried to draft and kept within distance for another Lap until he sped away, on the few last laps carts overtook me but I managed to stay right behind him to possibly close to an epic finish, but on the 3rd corner I went off track due to having no grip left in my tires, I think I put in a great performance and was greatly pleased to get on podium and a big well done to carts and SIC and Thanx for the great race

Good to see these race reports coming in lads. Keep up the good work :)

Steg - I've not contacted my team mate since the race but he his back on PSN again. I'll let you know soon what the situation is 👍

Good to see these race reports coming in lads. Keep up the good work :)

Steg - I've not contacted my team mate since the race but he his back on PSN again. I'll let you know soon what the situation is 👍

Yeah your right Jonzster hopefully more reports will come in as the series goes on but I will for sure post one every week. I always enjoy reading another drivers report and learn their view of the race, it always makes for a good read.

Your team mate will need to let us know as soon as possible so we have time to get the site updated and his replacement can get some practice in.

Cheers, Steg

Last edited:
Jackargent was the man to help me through the pack the most after my spin.
I really enjoyed the battles we had.
He was ridiculously fast towards the end and it was just a small mistake that allowed me past him. The pair of us were knocking a second a sector off of the leaders time for the last 10 laps or so!

Yeah...it was great to actually be involved in the race for once. Having experienced the damage glitch in the past my no. 1 priority in this race was not to hit anything & stay damage free, reckoning (correctly) that high speed corners and close racing would take their toll. I'd tinkered with suspension & by sheer luck seemed to hit on a set up that was pretty much rock solid. So imagine my surprise to find myself close to the front! In retrospect it was a mistake to take a pit stop as I reckon I could have made it to the end. Once I came out the pits had a great battle with Steg which sadly he won. Anyway I have to be happy with 7th place. A massive improvement.

Roll on laguna seca !

Sounds fun defenatly something i would love to be apart of but i see you are full atm

Thanks mate, I will give you a shout if space opens up but if not we should be starting more championships soon. I will give you a pm when we have more details for you on the other series.

Steg

I tried a very conservative race, the main aim was to save the tyres, I was happy to let people drive past at a faster pace, because I was sure they would have to pit. I thought saving a pit might allow me to challenge for a win. Lifting in corners I could have gone flat, coasting in the the braking zone rather than braking hard...It didn't work well enough!

Mainly thanks to my setup being very tail happy, and taking it a bit too easy the the first few cost me a fair chunk of time, at the end of the race my rear tyres were completely dead, I barely made the final corner, so 4th wasn't a bad result in the end. Congratulations to the winners they drove a much better race than I did. 👍

Thanks for the report Sigma, my tyres were losing tonnes of performance so I pitted behind you on about lap 17/18 after our wee battle.
I thought you were going to pit on the next lap or two and didn't even consider no-stopping myself.
I guess it was a good plan as 4th place is a good result and gets you some more points on the board.

See you next time at Laguna Seca bud :)

Back