NSX-RM Wednesday Night World Championship (Champion-Jonzster!!!)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 564 comments
Looks like I'm still having problems connecting with you guys. Dekowolf I'm sorry buddy. I looked forward to this all week. I don't think I can do anything. I have 14 download and 2 upload speed. All ports forwarded. Tries wired and wireless. Cleared cache an reset router. Good luck all

I'm really sorry SICWHITT.

I hit him from behind twice on the last chicane on lap 2 then lap 5 I think. I waited the first time and let him by, but the second time I was just so frustrated at being a rubbish driver that I just drove on for half a lap and eventually quit.

There was 4 of us going for the same position on both incidents and I just late braked into into him, it just looked like the classic public room ram. So angry with myself and feel sorry for SICWHITT.

I'm sure you will see the replay Steg, you can decide whether I am to be removed. I think I might need to quit anyway as my new girlfriend seems to want to see me on a Wednesday as she starts work late on Thursday, so I've got ass on my mind while trying to race. And I get really nervous and tense up.

Race TwoSUZUKA CIRCUIT

Race 2 Suzuka by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Race two started very well and for the second week running we had all 16 drivers ready to race. Unfortunately for the second week running we had some connection issues meaning we were down three people by the end of a qualifying session dominated by GTP_Sigma

There were a few incidents to note during the race. Sicwhitt bore the brunt of driver errors and as a result he did not finish. Things did get a little heated and we certainly don't condone the actions of a few people at race 2 however we are more than confident the situation has been put to bed now.

There were lots of intense battles and plenty of passion on show during the race. A special mention has to be made to ur-the-daddy and to jackargent. Ur-the-daddy managed a superb result picking up third place. He has been fighting his NSX for a couple of weeks now but finally he has got it singing to his song sheet :)

jackargent is the second person to win our Spirit of the GTRC award. He received this for gaining most places from his qualifying position and wins a bonus point as an award. This was well deserved as Jack was solid the whole race. When others around about him gave up the ghost Jack continued and I am really happy he was this weeks point winner. R35 would of won this point had it not of been for his contact with Sicwhitt and Sebastian. Because he caused avoidable collisions it would be unfair to give him the Spirit of the GTRC award. At least the point remains within the team though!

Sigma managed p1 in qualifying but could not match Jonzsters race pace. Both these drivers adopted different race strategies which made for an exciting race. Sigma chose to pit towards the end with Jonzster staying out on track. With fresh rubber at his disposal sigma hunted jonzster down and greatly reduced the gap between them. Jonzster managed to hold on well with presumably very little gip and took the checkered flag for the second week running. Well done Jonzster for another class drive and securing maximum points for the drivers championship.

Race 2 Suzuka by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

The results:

P1- Jonzster
P2- GTP_Sigma
P3- ur-the-daddy
p4- Sebastiangurka
p5- GTP_Toffe
P6- Barn_One
p7- R35-SKYL1N3
p8- haigis
p9- MLR_carts43
p10-Steg_GT
p11-jackargent (Spirit of the GTRC award)
p12-MLR_Specter (DNF)
p13-SICWHITT (DNF)
p14-JaymzVsTheWorld (DNF)
p15-Dekowolf (DNS)
p16-Drex81 (DNS)

Driver Table
Team Table

Next race is at High Speed Ring and will be Wednesday 27th July at 9pm GMT. (Check your local time zone)

Last edited:
Looks like I'm still having problems connecting with you guys. Dekowolf I'm sorry buddy. I looked forward to this all week. I don't think I can do anything. I have 14 download and 2 upload speed. All ports forwarded. Tries wired and wireless. Cleared cache an reset router. Good luck all

I had my fingers crossed for you until the very last second Drex, gutted you couldn't make it. Next week we will try and sort it out, even if that means someone else hosting the race in their lounge.

Jaymz, I have watched the replay many times from yourself, R35 and Sicwhitt's perspective. I think you were the straw that broke his back. The two laps previous to you knocking him off at lap 4/5 he was victim to some bad racing by R35. Infact I am pretty sure he thinks it was R35 that rear ended him.

This was your first race Jaymz and I understand you were nervous and that mistakes happen.
Make sure you remember to adjust your braking zones in future when racing in a pack!

Because you didn't gain any points in the championship a time penalty would be of no use. For this reason we have decided to exclude you from qualifying next week at the High Speed Ring. You will start the race from the very back and your card will be marked so to speak.

I know you can drive fast and clean just by watching your replay mate but you need to make sure you avoid contact. If you are involved in an incident of this nature again we will have to remove you from the series. It is nothing personal, we just can't possibly give you the benefit of the doubt again.

R35-SKYL1N3- caused two avoidable collisions with both members of Team Massiv and for this reason he is also banned from qualifying at race 3, The Hish Speed Ring.

Any other incidents these two are involved in will be punished much more severely.

Last edited:
Well done again Steg for hosting another good race and a great championship. Looks like the stewards have been busy with this one, by the look of it it got quite heated out there at times!

Some strategy going on this time with some choosing to pit some deciding not to. Replay is another good watch. Sigma choose to pit and put in some stella laps. In the closing stages my lead was cut from about 24 secs to just under 12 secs in 3 laps!
I had decided not to pit, my tyres with 4 laps to go still looked in fairly good shape so seemed like I had made the right choice however the wear rate seemed to increase quite substantially probably because I was sliding a lot more, I had to back off the pace or risk an off into the gravel, easily done but fortunately managed to stay on the black stuff. Am I glad the race was only a 15 lapper!

Got to give props to my team mate (ur-the-daddy) who had a few issues with the car setup and changed it completely with about half an hour to go before qualy, so had literally no time to get use to it but put in a fantastic drive to bring it home in 3rd place.

Bring on HSR!

We have decided after watching all the evidence that R35-SKYL1N3 was at fault for a couple of bumps.

He will not be allowed to compete at qualifying on Wednesday at HSR and we will keep a close eye on him at future races.

Evidence provided in next post.

Last edited:
After being requested to come up with evidence to back up our punishment of R35 we discovered that it was not two collisions with Sicwhitt and was actually a crash into both members of that team.

INCIDENT ONE

R35 is in the gold Nsx and Sebastian in the white.

R35 & Sebastian 1 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

As you can see Sebastian was way infront of R35 going into this turn and had started moving to the inside.

R35 & Sebastian 2 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

In this one you can see them about an inch apart just before some contact. I believe R35 had space to go right to avoid this.

R35 & Sebastian 3 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Now you can see that Sebastian's line has been changed slightly due to the contact but this was not the end.

R35 & Sebastian 5 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

You can clearly see that R35 has had wheels on the grass due to the contact but still attacks the inside.

R35 & Sebastian 6 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Now you can see that R35 has traveled left since the last shot which he should not be doing with someone on his left hand side. This causes another impact with Seb.

R35 & Sebastian 7 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

The collision knocked Seb wide again and his car is now pointed left.

R35 & Sebastian 8 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Sebastian is still traveling left as a result of the impact.

R35 & Sebastian 10 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Seb is still struggling to get traction and has not only been passed by R35 but is now about to lose yet another place. R35 kept on racing and did not see the need to give the place back to Sebastian.

INCIDENT TWO

R35 is in the gold Nsx and Sichwitt in the white.

R35 & Sicwhitt 1 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

I don't see any need to explain this incident further than just post this picture but I will. Sicwhitt is going straight and is ahead of R35. R35 has his car pointed at Sicwhitt and contact is made. There is plenty of room to the drivers left hand side but he chooses to ignore it.

R35 & Sicwhitt 2 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

R35 has chose to rub his way up along side Sicwhitt instead of going left. They are still touching

R35 & Sicwhitt 3 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Still touching.... and now he is even pushing him wide.

R35 & Sicwhitt 4 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

He has now unfairly gained another place in the race.

R35 & Sicwhitt 5 by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

R35 now has track position over Sicwhitt and doesn't give him the place back.

INCIDENT THREE (UNREPORTED)

R35 & Barn_One by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Sorry to say but more bad sportsmanship from R35, This incident was unreported and only came to my attention when asked to provide evidence. Barn_One was miles ahead going into this corner but lost it slightly. R35 had plenty of room to pass him cleanly but instead he goes for a line that forces Barn off road.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R35 believes that he did nothing wrong in that race and was unhappy at being punished. He asked us to present our evidence which we have done.
I would say that with all the evidence collected R35 was very lucky to only receive a ban from the next qualifying and keep his race points. All these incidents happened before the 5th lap! I know for certain that others would be harsher than our steward has been. R35, you must consider this a stern warning for future races, any other collisions you cause will be dealt with severely.

Last edited:
I did mention it but until i watched the replay to take pictures i hadn't realized just how much he liked my green car.
I figured you'd see it, (you did) and go from there.
But not to put a bad shadow on the series so far i'll say good job Jonzster.
Think maybe you could add 200 kg's and 50% engine restriction for the next race?
A few of us would appreciate it thanks.

I did mention it but until i watched the replay to take pictures i hadn't realized just how much he liked my green car.
I figured you'd see it, (you did) and go from there.
But not to put a bad shadow on the series so far i'll say good job Jonzster.
Think maybe you could add 200 kg's and 50% engine restriction for the next race?
A few of us would appreciate it thanks.

That would help, Jonzster is on fire at the moment and it will be hard for anyone to catch up!

I am going to put the mistakes made in the last race down to nerves as R35 improved his race craft massive amounts once he had settled in and there was space on track. Hopefully he will be more cautious when overtaking in future and this will be the end of it.

Good to see you here Barn and look forward to racing you soon. :)

I will speak to you shortly to hook up a practice session before HSR and we can plan how to stop Jonzster... If only you could let virtual tires down :lol:

Maybe switch his tires to comfort hards and limit fuel usage.
Then i'd just have to find a way to "help" you other teams, so me and my partners team could take the win. :P
Not that i'd ever do that...maybe.

Ok If every bit of "unavoidable" contact counts then I would like to report sicwhitt for hitting me on 130R on lap 4 and causing me to slow down and nearly spin

Last edited:
If every piece of avoidable contact is punishable then I'm sure there are alot more incidents to look at than mine

If every piece of avoidable contact is punishable then I'm sure there are alot more incidents to look at than mine

I'm sure you are correct but there were no other complaints made. If you want us to look into the incident you feel Sicwhitt was at fault for then that is no problem.
In future races can you let us know about incidents a bit earlier than two days before the next race mate.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Lol Barn One & Steg, great humor lads :lol:

Got a feeling HSR will be much closer what with that massive long straight, you don't need me to tell you what's going to happen there. Should make for some exciting racing :)

Good luck all:cheers:

jonzster
Lol Barn One & Steg, great humor lads :lol:

Got a feeling HSR will be much closer what with that massive long straight, you don't need me to tell you what's going to happen there. Should make for some exciting racing :)

Good luck all:cheers:

Fantastic racing, well done the 2 races

Ok If every bit of "unavoidable" contact counts then I would like to report sicwhitt for hitting me on 130R on lap 4 and causing me to slow down and nearly spin

We have looked at the incident and feel you were both as bad as each other.
We will not penalize either of you for the series of events that happened on lap 4 as you both know what is expected of you from now on.

Let's just end this R35 vs Sicwhitt issue at this please and not let hostility drag on throughout the season. 👍

Cheers, Steg

Should be a good one tonight.
Hopefully I can claw my way back up the leaderboard after a shocking Suzuka performance:)

Saw this on another site and thought it could be of use to the guys having connection issues.

DNS Fix

If you get the message 'cannot connect to server' or are getting disconnected frequently, then it may be a DNS problem. A possible fix for this is to tell your PS3 to use a different DNS server. To try this, do the following:

1) Start your PS3 and go to Network Settings => Internet Connection Settings.
2) Select 'Custom' and enter the required information until you reach the DNS settings.
3) For the Primary DNS, enter 8.8.8.8
4) For the Secondary DNS, enter 8.8.4.4
5) Job done. You PS3 will now use those DNS servers.
6) Once in GT5, go into Options => Network and click 'Clear System Cache'.

Note: The addresses above are Googles public DNS servers. You could try other DNS servers if you like, though Googles have solved the issue for many people.

Full page can be found here.

Hope you all have a good one and I will catch you lot in a few hours ;)

Last edited:
Race ThreeHIGH SPEED RING

Start by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

Race three wasn't even underway and we had drama. One of the racers accidentally started the race half way through Quali:)
Needless to say when Quali re-opened with ten minutes untill the race everyone was in a rush to get on track.
There was tonnes of traffic for all drivers to deal with yet everyone managed to post their time successfully.
Jonzster was dominating Qualifying before the "false start" and nothing changed in round two so to speak.
It looked like we were going to see a repeat of the last two races and see Jonzster pull further away at the top of our table.

This was not the case!

With little run-off areas and 13 drivers on track we saw the return of the glitch :(
The pest of an issue managed to end the day for several of our racers including the championship leader himself.

For those who had a glitch free evening/afternoon the race was a tightly run contest with several people in with a shout.

Sebastian, out of everyone to get the glitch deserves his points most. He continued to race as best he could and did not quit the race. Massiv props go to him for having the patience, determination and skill to cross the line in a car in such difficult condition to drive
Can't begin to explain how much respect I have for that performance Seb 👍

R35 done an awesome job after starting at the back (due to penalty) he made his way all the way up to 3rd place and held on to a well deserved podium. I was very proud of him after the bad press he got last week that he pulled out a top performance and surely silenced his critics.

Carts had another of the days top drives as he started in 12th and made it all the way up to 2nd place :) He had no practice this week and to just turn up and take a podium takes a great driver.

Sicwhitt today was the man! He was fast in qualifying and that fully showed in his race pace. He was solid from start to finish and never really looked like he would finish outside the top 3. Towards the end he managed the gap well and held on to a well deserved first win of the championship.
Good points for Team Massiv and just goes to show that number 2 drivers can win races aswell :)

The results:

P1- Sicwhitt
P2- MLR_Carts (Spirit of the GTRC award)
P3- R35-SKYL1N3 (Spirit of the GTRC award)
p4- GTP_Sigma
p5- Barn_One
P6- Steg_GT
p7- jackargent
p8- Sebastiangurka
p9- Haigis (DNF)
p10-GTP_Toffe(DNF)
p11-Jonzster (DNF)
p12-Drex81(DNF)
p13-JaymzVsTheWorld (DNF)
p14-MLR_Specter (DNS)
p15-Dekowolf (DNS)
p16-ur-the-daddy (DNS)

Driver Table

Team Table

1st Lap by GTRacingCircuit, on Flickr

To some up the drivers of the day were surely Sicwhitt, R35 and Carts. They all deserve to be on the podium and each one did a superb job.👍
Unlucky to those who were caught out by the glitch, hopefully the run-off areas at Laguna Seca will removed the glitch as a factor next week.
I really enjoyed this race and look forward to seeing you all next week:)

Next race is at Laguna Seca Raceway and will be on Wednesday 3rd August at 9pm GMT(BST). (Check your local time zone)

Last edited:
Best race I've done, SO HAPPY :D GO GOLD FIRM

Well done mate, proud of ye :)

You really did an awesome job to put last week in the past and more than proved you belong with us.

Great points for the Gold Firm this week.

Last edited:
STEG-13
Well done mate, proud of ye :)

You really did an awesome job to put last week in the past and more than proved you belong with us.

Great points for the Gold Firm this week.

Tryna say i didn't belong?? xD

Crikey you're quick getting this up tonight Steg, well done mate!

Not had time to check the replay yet! Glad to see SICWHITT take the win after what happened to him last week.

Carts and R35 done amazing to get there podiums from where they started.

Yeah I got the glitch but hitting the wall does not help lol :grumpy:

Back