Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

lol Diego man... I was being perfectly honest then thats all, and besides if you are new to editing movie files...then thats just how it is I guess, dont you think thats the reason why I helped him??? Harda**....well ok if you say so...:confused:
I was straight up in the first place thats all, I read it then i responded to the somewhat a lil confusing post. But its COOL now ok...Iam not a harda**, I just a have an apreciation of honesty. All I could see for the first 4 posts of Brians was dodging the Replay. Maybe he woul;d not have even worried bout it if I had not have re-brought it up. But I dont mind now if that if he doesnt share my same enthusiasm of Video editing. thats perfectly ay ok.
If you have anymore issues you want to discuss about this....feel free to PM ok.
No worries.;)

Sure James, no worries, Did you want me to post on filefront.com, my original recording?(It does not include any unnecessary laps, just the 7'57.xxx lap.) That way you can have that better quality? or just the one I edited on moviemaker?

Rusty and Diego.
Stop Your bitching, I'll admit it. My posts did seem a little bit like I was trying to dodge the situation(which was what I was afraid of) but it is all over now. so it doesnt matter anymore.
I personally dont care how offensive/upfront/rude/aggressive a post is because its just the internet, I couldnt care less.
I just figured that if Rusty wanted to see the video so badly trhat he would be 'honest' like in that post, well then he must take the time to help me(which he did) and now the problem is resolved.

Lets get back to posting some quick times, eh?

Brian.

Back from the weekend with sore legs (10-hour MTB race:crazy:) and what do I see?!
The thread has grown nicely again. Yummie yummie! Lots of work to do!:D

Let's start with this one:
7'59.892 - AusBoyRacer - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02 - N2 - Sticking up for the Japanese monsters against German take over of the Sports B Class!
I personally don't care at all what country cars are coming from... as long as they don't understeer everything's fine! :D :lol: And to prove that:

7'56.019 - Mr. Apex - Honda NSX Type R '02 - N2

System: PAL
Device: DFP
Aids: OFF, of course
MAXdrive Ghost Replay File attached.

Won't really have time to battle this week... :grumpy: ...sucks...

P.S.: It would be really nice if some more forum members here would start posting MAXdrive ghost replay files...
it's a whole lot more fun if you can chase down someone's ghost. AND no one can question your clean laps!
So get your grannies to buy you one of these:

http://eu.mod-chip.com/ps2_max_drive.php

Attachments

• NSX Type R '02 07'56.019.max
    46.7 KB · Views: 9
Back from the weekend with sore legs (10-hour MTB race:crazy:) and what do I see?!
The thread has grown nicely again. Yummie yummie! Lots of work to do!:D

Let's start with this one:

I personally don't care at all what country cars are coming from... as long as they don't understeer everything's fine! :D :lol: And to prove that:

7'56.019 - Mr. Apex - Honda NSX Type R '02 - N2

System: PAL
Device: DFP
Aids: OFF, of course
MAXdrive Ghost Replay File attached.

Won't really have time to battle this week... :grumpy: ...sucks...

P.S.: It would be really nice if some more forum members here would start posting MAXdrive ghost replay files...
it's a whole lot more fun if you can chase down someone's ghost. AND no one can question your clean laps!
So get your grannies to buy you one of these:

http://eu.mod-chip.com/ps2_max_drive.php

Good to see your back live and well, How was the race?

Hahaha. I was thinking about using the type R, but wanted to see how Godzilla would fare..
Looks like I will have to try and find a car that is capable of 7'55.xxx's or better...
Oh and Thanks for the challenge :D

As for the maxdrive thing.. If I can get it as a 'present' no worries but soon the prices of PS3 will come down so I dont really wnat to be spending much more money to do with the second platform :D

Good to see your back live and well, How was the race?
Exhausting, but great. Tried to apply my GT knowledge in the downhill sections! :D

Looks like I will have to try and find a car that is capable of 7'55.xxx's or better...
Oh and Thanks for the challenge :D
IMHO the Type R is capable of a 7'50. MR rules.

As for the maxdrive thing.. If I can get it as a 'present' no worries but soon the prices of PS3 will come down so I dont really wnat to be spending much more money to do with the second platform :D
IMHO there's still at least a couple of months until GT5 comes out, and the
PS3 prices are not going to drop for at least a year.
And the MAXdrive can be used as USB memory stick with the PS3 as well! 👍
So be nice to your aunties and grandpas... ;)

Exhausting, but great. Tried to apply my GT knowledge in the downhill sections! :D

Hahaha I do that when I ride my BMX around with my mates! Its surprising how much slipstreaming and the like actually works!

IMHO the Type R is capable of a 7'50. MR rules.

Amen to that! MR is awesome!

IMHO there's still at least a couple of months until GT5 comes out, and the
PS3 prices are not going to drop for at least a year.
And the MAXdrive can be used as USB memory stick with the PS3 as well! 👍
So be nice to your aunties and grandpas... ;)

I hope GT5 isn't too far away!
Since they can be used for PS3, maybe it would be an invaluable investment!
I will look into getting one for sure! 👍

are you serious?

try a couple of years :lol:

Diego, you old pessimist! :lol:
Well, I think it's gonna be out summer 2008 or something... even with all the typical PD delayment and everything.

I will look into getting one for sure!
You will not regret it if you do 👍

AusBoyRacer
Hahaha I do that when I ride my BMX around with my mates! Its surprising how much slipstreaming and the like actually works!
Ah, the golden BMX days... :D
Yeah, the stuff really works, and when understeer occurs it sucks even more than in GT4... :D
This is what happens... more or less... ;)

Ah, the golden BMX days... :D
Yeah, the stuff really works, and when understeer occurs it sucks even more than in GT4... :D
This is what happens... more or less... ;)

YEH! I've seen that on a Tv Show agesss ago!
Wow. Unlucky aye.. and the guy lived!

crazyily fast though.. He must be psycho.. I mean I like riding flat out on my bmx.. as fast as my legs will pedal hahaha but that its just nucking futs!

Its a good watch everytime I see it though, hahaha

and I think if you road bikers didnt have such skinny tyres that would make you afraid of slipping out with them, then you wouldnt undertseer so much to avoid it(well thats from a BMX rider's point of view anyway haha :P), mind you undertseering around a corner when your on the inside can have quite the fun to watch domino effect..
Yep Ive watched bike races on tv :D

AusBoyRacer
Sure James, no worries, Did you want me to post on filefront.com, my original recording?(It does not include any unnecessary laps, just the 7'57.xxx lap.) That way you can have that better quality? or just the one I edited on moviemaker?

The full one if you could, and you can use any site you feel is good.
I use filefront alot to store my replays and such. Alot of adds but
a good site if you want to store replays, videos and even pictures.

Mr. Apex
Ah, the golden BMX days...
Yeah, the stuff really works, and when understeer occurs it sucks even more than in GT4...
This is what happens... more or less...

A cool yet scary video.

Mr. Apex
The thread has grown nicely again. Yummie yummie! Lots of work to do!

Yes, over 4,200 views:eek:.

Edit:
I have Mr. Apex's time, but I will wait to update the leaderboard so I can add some times from me;).

Edit:
And here they are, some lap times from me:).

17'36.984 - AngelCreator - Subaru SUBARU 360 '58 - N2
8'01.126 - AngelCreator - Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 - N2

7'33.159 - AngelCreator - Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 - S2

And here are the ghost replays;).

Suzuki on S2 tires
Suzuki on N2 tires
Subaru 360 on N2 tires

The full one if you could, and you can use any site you feel is good.
I use filefront alot to store my replays and such. Alot of adds but
a good site if you want to store replays, videos and even pictures.
Yeah, I look forward to downloading the vid in a better quality too, Brian. 👍

17'36.984 - AngelCreator - Subaru SUBARU 360 '58 - N2
8'01.126 - AngelCreator - Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 - N2
7'33.159 - AngelCreator - Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 - S2

And here are the ghost replays;).
Suzuki on S2 tires
Suzuki on N2 tires
Subaru 360 on N2 tires

YAY! Ghost replay files! I am not alone here... ;) Nice!
Thanks James, gotta have a look at your GSX-R S2 lap... 👍

Uploading the Video to filefront.com at this moment, Estimated time left, about 9 hours :D

Edit: Good to see you getting stuck into it James!

Ahh dialup, how it sucks. I didn't know you where on dialup, maybe when I get it I could
upload the full version to youtube for you. I mean if you don't mind that?

Mr. Apex
Thanks James, gotta have a look at your GSX-R S2 lap... 👍

Yeah I know there is still some time left in both Suzuki times.

Downloading it right now. Now this is the full version right? Can't wait to watch it:D.

Edit:
Done. Watching right now:).

Edit2:
I was hoping to see the tire type, but you can tell it's on N2 tires. Slide as much as Mr. Apex's video:D.
And your ghost was all over the place:lol:.

Downloading it right now. Now this is the full version right? Can't wait to watch it:D.

Edit:
Done. Watching right now:).

Edit2:
I was hoping to see the tire type, but you can tell it's on N2 tires. Slide as much as Mr. Apex's video:D.
And your ghost was all over the place:lol:.

Hahaha. Yeh ghost was shocking.. I thought If I do a good unclean lap under 8 minutes, then just keep up with it doing a clean lap, I'll have my time :D I ended up beating the ghost by over a second.

I tried explaining to Rusty that you could tell its on N2's even though I missed the start bit, but he wanted hard proof. Owell.
That car was quite fun driving it now that I think about it! Lol. Very VERY frustrating tho... It would deefinately knock me down a peg if someone beat that time haha. Put so much work into it. But I know its possible to get a faster time...

Will be chasing my N2 Sports B class title soon, after I do the JGTC Championship in GT Mode.
I'll stay tuned.

What did you think of the video?
Hear me clear my throat about halfway through? hahaha
And my drumNbass music haha 👍

AusBoyRacer
I tried explaining to Rusty that you could tell its on N2's even though I missed the start bit, but he wanted hard proof. Owell.
That car was quite fun driving it now that I think about it! Lol. Very VERY frustrating tho... It would deefinately knock me down a peg if someone beat that time haha. Put so much work into it. But I know its possible to get a faster time...

You can give him the hard proof he want's. Watch the video on the first page.
You see how it shows the horsepower and tires, then after that put the camera
behind the car and you will be good to go. And then no one can say anything:mischievous:.

And I see we have a new racer, welcome to the time trial:).

So instead of piss n' moan about something, I'm actually going to post some times :eek:

7'17.940 - -Diego- - Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept '00 - S2
8'12.930 - -Diego- - Shelby Mustang GT350R '65 - S2
8'45.280 - -Diego- - MG F '97 - S2
9'00.524 - -Diego- - renault Avantime '02 - S2
9'44.850 - -Diego- - Marcos Mini GT '70 - S2

6'54.424 - -Diego- - Toyota Altezza Touring Car '01 - R3
7'05.191 - -Diego- - ASL Garaiya JGTC '03 - R3

So I'm almost done with all the cars in teh game... well, not almost, but I have about a 1/4 to go. I'm thinking of putting together a challenge like this one, but without the -10% weight and on another track. I'm looking for an equally challenging track, with fast, medium and slow curves. So far my first choice is Suzuka; any suggestions?

You can give him the hard proof he want's. Watch the video on the first page.
You see how it shows the horsepower and tires, then after that put the camera
behind the car and you will be good to go. And then no one can say anything:mischievous:.

Yeh Thats what I will do next time for sure, Just working it out for my first time.

Anyway, Back to racing some quick laps :D

here's some times I just ran quickly earlier today. I'm out, lataz

8'12.010 - alrivers - BMW Z4 3.0i '03 - S2
8'22.190 - alrivers - Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '03 - S2

here's some times I just ran quickly earlier today. I'm out, lataz

8'12.010 - alrivers - BMW Z4 3.0i '03 - S2
8'22.190 - alrivers - Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '03 - S2

Thanks for your times:).

-Diego-
I'm thinking of putting together a challenge like this one, but without the -10% weight and on another track. I'm looking for an equally challenging track, with fast, medium and slow curves. So far my first choice is Suzuka; any suggestions?

Suzuka is a good track, I can't think anything right now but track would work.

AusBoyRacer
Yeh Thats what I will do next time for sure, Just working it out for my first time.

I'm looking forword to it:).

Right... I few more cars I've run today

7'27.984 - -Diego- - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 - S2 -- I don't understand why so many people complain about this car. Granted, it's not the easiest car to drive, but it's insanely fast once you control the throttle, and I just blasted through most of the track... kinda hard to get a clean lap, since it loves to accelerate (up to 357 kph on the straight), but it doesn't like to brake much.

8'20.760 - -Diego- - Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 - S2

8'45.513 - -Diego- - BMW 2002 Turbo '73 - S2

8'45.665 - -Diego- - Lotus Elan S1 '62 - S2

9'43.234 - -Diego- - Mitsubishi i Concept '03 - S2

17'34.051 - -Diego- - Daihatsu Midget '63 - S2

6'31.597 - -Diego- - Mercedes Benz CLK Touring Car '00 - R3 -- I had lots of fun with this car. At first I got a 6'34.xxx, but then played with another car and later went back to it again, and got this time.

7'39.561 - -Diego- - Mugen Motul Civic Race Car '87 - R3

8'24.009 - -Diego- - Nissan mm-R Cup Car '01 - R3

Right... I few more cars I've run today

7'27.984 - -Diego- - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 - S2 -- I don't understand why so many people complain about this car. Granted, it's not the easiest car to drive, but it's insanely fast once you control the throttle, and I just blasted through most of the track... kinda hard to get a clean lap, since it loves to accelerate (up to 357 kph on the straight), but it doesn't like to brake much.

Hmm.. Don't mean to be cheeky, but try driving it on N2's!! :crazy:

-Diego-
I don't understand why so many people complain about this car. Granted, it's not the easiest car to drive, but it's insanely fast once you control the throttle, and I just blasted through most of the track... kinda hard to get a clean lap, since it loves to accelerate (up to 357 kph on the straight), but it doesn't like to brake much.

AusBoyRacer
Hmm.. Don't mean to be cheeky, but try driving it on N2's!!:scared:

Yes, why most people complain is they drive it on N2 tires.
And the leaderboard will be upto date after this post.

oh hell no!

It's "good" to drive on S2s... I don't even want to think of working its understeering issues on N2s!

Hahaha! Working on a Speed 12 time on S2's now..
Will edit shortly on this post
👍

Edit:
Here it is:
7'20.307 - AusBoyRacer - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 - S2

Still more time in it but I am too tired after that lol, throttle control is required about 95% of the entire track which is quite difficult using the DS2 controller!

I am saving the replay, then putting it on filefront.com. I will post the link on this post when I'm done. I will be showing the car on display mode to show throttle control and so that it is easy to see that it is a clean lap and I WILL INCLUDE the introductory info haha :)

Back