Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

Lol Mr.Apex. I was going to start my Amuse GT1 S2K time on S2 tyres but since your just offering for a challenge, I cannot possibly resist.

Yeh, as I said, there is so much time available on there for a clean lap with controlled wheelspin but as I'm sure you've discovered.. its easier said then done... especially from my view considering that I am using the DS2! :( Goodluck to us both, I say haha. and anyone else who wants to join in is also welcome.
I'll start that now and post my S2k S2 tyre time soon.
Under 8 minutes and plenty of frustration here I come!
Oh... And you can call me Brian :)

Edit: Just got 8'02.xxx but lap was still not clean and now the playstation is screwing me over and not loading so I cant remember exact milliseconds, But it doesnt matter, I know I can get better anyway, its just annoying because now I have lost my focus and concentration because it is not loading :S.
Edit: 7'58.410 ... ... Just gotta do a clean lap now, and I know it can be done..

But I have my Amuse GT1 time on N2s... but am choosing not to post it just yet :)

All righty, Brian!

Congrats already on your dirty sub-eighter! 👍
Will be down south with my fiancée for the weekend and won't be able to battle right away... :banghead:
But I'll try to beat your first clean lap ASAP next week! And of course the very mysterious Amuse S2K GT1 time... whenever you're gonna post it. You're hoping to beat VTRacing's time too, huh? :mischievous: Well if so, then that's gonna be a tough nut to crack for me... it has been some time since I tried to beat it, and I don't know if I've progressed enough in the meantime... we'll see.

To a bloody battle 'til the very end! :D
David

Dave^
think i'm going to concentrate on the 'all other models' class and the S2 tyres... 1st clean lap... 7'56.398

I'm huntin' you down on this one Mr Apex....... but i may have bitten off more than i can chew...
He he he... Dave^ hunts Dave... :lol:

Don't give up all too easily! I didn't put too much work into that lap since I do not like the setup and neither the sound of the car... :yuck: So if you'll beat it, I won't be trying to steal back P1 all that soon... :D

DONE! Ohh What a relief!
Here is your time to beat Mr.Apex..

7'57.747 - AusBoyRacer - Shelby Cobra 427 '67 - N2 - UPDATED

It IS clean, There is a time when I had both wheels on the ripple strip..at the start - first set of S-bends. But ripple strips are part of the track so 👍.
Now I can concentrate on Getting back my Sports B title :P and lapping the Amuse on S2's! Wooo! Fun finally lol

Oh and James, Would you be able to swap my old Shelby Cobra time on N2s for this one please :)

Will post video this afternoon after school.

LOL!

Just watching the video of my clean lap..
And you can hear the Drum'n'Bass music that I was listening to in the background! 👍 Haha!

Edit: And VTRacing's time would be good to beat but I think in all honesty It would take me a week+ just to take a thousandth of a second of it! It is VERY quick and Congrats to him. But I also did do a quick lap ... posting soon whenh I do the S2 time and get my Sports Class B P1 back! hahaha!

Can I put my (incredibly slow) times here?

(These times can go with the Midget time...) >_<

8'50.973 - •GT4 Ever• - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 - S2
9'20.344 - •GT4 Ever• - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 - S2
12'42.864 - •GT4 Ever• - VW Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11) '49 - S2

*cries* Please don't humiliate me... I'm going back to do better laps.

GT4EVER. Here on the Nurburgring Challenge, We do not humiliate 👍 So get in, have a go, n post up your best times! Goodluck!

P.S. Having trouble loading up my Vid cuz its larger then 100mb and I dont have MAXdrive...

Help anyone? Or alternativeley you could take my honest Aussie word liek you have with my other times :)
I'm one for the honesty System, but sometimes thats not enough sadly. :(
So yeh, help loading my vid up will be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Having trouble loading up my Vid cuz its larger then 100mb and I dont have MAXdrive...

Help anyone? Or alternativeley you could take my honest Aussie word liek you have with my other times :)
I'm one for the honesty System, but sometimes thats not enough sadly. :(
So yeh, help loading my vid up will be greatly appreciated!

Congrats, Brian! Victory tastes sweet, huh? :) Well enjoy it while it lasts... muahahaha...

What kind of help are you thinking of?

Best export specs for Youtube are:
MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid)
320 x 240
MP3 or AAC (Sound)
30 f/ps

With these specs the vid will be under 25 MB.

Congrats, Brian! Victory tastes sweet, huh? :)

What kind of help are you thinking of?

Best export specs for Youtube are:
MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid)
320 x 240
MP3 or AAC (Sound)
30 f/ps

With these specs the vid will be under 25 MB.

Muahahaha! Victory is good 👍
But Victory should also encourage tho ones that did earn victory to try harder! :)

Umm, How do you change the specs?
Thanks for your help Dave.

You need some sort of software that can export video in other formats... like for example Quicktime Pro, iMovie or :yuck: Windows Movie Maker... :yuck:

Otherwise, there are of course open source video editing softwares around:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_software_packages#Video_editing

Ok Ill try and work it out tonight and post it up later.

3 more times to google your eyes over :D

7'59.892 - AusBoyRacer - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02 - N2 - Sticking up for the Japanese monsters against German take over of the Sports B Class!

7'14.606 - AusBoyRacer - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04 - N2 - Good for P2, Not fast enough to clinch P1..

6'45.063 - AusBoyRacer - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04 - S2 - The key is to drive aggressively 👍

Edit: Just posting these times again because they must have been overlooked when getting times to put on the leaderboard James :)

7'37.031 - AusBoyRacer - Buick Special '62 - N2

7'11.287 - AusBoyRacer - Buick Special '62 - S2

Mr. Apex
To a bloody battle 'til the very end!:D
David

:lol:, it will be fun to watch:mischievous:.

GT 4EVER
Can I put my (incredibly slow) times here?

You can post any time you want here as long as it's a clean time:).

AusBoyRacer
Edit: Just posting these times again because they must have been overlooked when getting times to put on the leaderboard James

I thought I put those times on the board, in the Sport Cars A & Supercars.
Oh well, there up on the leaderboard now:).

He he he... Dave^ hunts Dave... :lol:

Don't give up all too easily! I didn't put too much work into that lap since I do not like the setup and neither the sound of the car... :yuck: So if you'll beat it, I won't be trying to steal back P1 all that soon... :D

I've still quite a way to go yet i think, it'll be a good few laps before i'm close.....

ah well, i'd best crack on before someone else beats me to it :nervous: 👍

I thought I put those times on the board, in the Sport Cars A & Supercars.
Oh well, there up on the leaderboard now:).

Thats ok, Thanks, No worries :)

Edit: Just notifying you of my Skyline GTR time on my post 249 that wasn't put up on the leaderboard :D. I'll edit it into post 255 to make it simpler for you :). P1 Sports Class B N2 :D

&#8226;GT 4Ever&#8226;;2657377
New time , it's not so good... though.

6'43.141 - &#8226;GT 4Ever&#8226; - BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 - R3

Well...

EDIT: Sorry for Double Posting...

Practice makes perfect! 👍

Edit: Bump for the Kei-car group!

Here is the Nissan Skyline time.

7'59.892 - AusBoyRacer - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02 - N2

And... Here are 3 more times I've done for the Classic group :D Cheers.

8'16.758 - AusBoyRacer - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray L46 350 '69 - N2 - This car is absolutely awesome! It sounds like a muscle car, Drives like a muscle car and I think they did an awesome job of incorporating it into the game. Loved driving and listening to it!

8'26.742 - AusBoyRacer - Shelby Mustang G.T.350R '65 - N2 - Bit Bland, Sounds more like a Honda then a V8...

8'33.398 - AusBoyRacer - Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61 - N2 - Love driving this car and watching the sparks fly as the soft suspension bottoms out over the many bumps :D This is a real classic.

And a time for the Rally Cars Group :D

5'53.453 - AusBoyRacer - Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98 - R3 This car goes ballistic when that turbo kicks in, its a completely different machine!

AusBoyRacer
Edit: Just notifying you of my Skyline GTR time on my post 249 that wasn't put up on the leaderboard . I'll edit it into post 255 to make it simpler for you . P1 Sports Class B N2

Oh it was on the board, just the wrong group. Fixed now.

GT 4EVER
OK, thankies. Glad there's no-one saying that I suck or sthg like that Thanks.

Anytime you feel is a good time I will put on the leaderboard:). So don't worry.

Edit:
AusBoyRacer
Edit: Bump for the Kei-car group!

Yes I would like to know people think of this idea.
And if you could get me a list of cars in GT4 that
would go in that class that would help alot too:).
And the leaderboard is updated:tup:.

Hey Brian man......hows that replay comin along ey????💡
Gotta see that time!!:sly:

ANother time.. this was in my earlier post, but it's not on the leaderboard yet, so I'm just gonna post it here to get it noticed. This is actually a pretty good lap time.

6'00.315 - •GT4 Ever• - Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03 - R3

:)

Hey Brian man......hows that replay comin along ey????💡
Gotta see that time!!:sly:

Yeh man, I've got it but I'm having trouble loading it onto youtube, its about 85mb. if you like, you could give me your email n I could send it via that? see if that works?

lol!! :D
85MB you say......well then.....
If its a Windows file type then it should work with Movie Maker.
If you use a PC running XP, then simply import it into Movie Maker, trim the file up so it is only the replay, do not trim the START OF REPLAY information.....as that proves that...yes you did or did not run the tyres you say you did.
Once its trimmed up...then just simply export it at a frame size of 320x240, hit EXPORT.
Really theres nothing to it.👍
The file should be much much smaller......a little loss in quality never killed anybody, so dont worry about that to much. As long as the whole replay is there ( no chopped out scenes throughout the replay) then you right.
Go to youtube or wherever you would like to upload it to and.........UPLOAD IT!!!:D

Lol umm is there any way you can save the reply onto USB?? because otherwise ive got no way of transporting it to the pc, so Ive takin a video using my sony cybershot and put it onto the computer using that but I couldnt get the start bit showing the tyres because I've only got two hands.., but you can work out I used N2s by the speed im going through corners and accelleration/braking rates etc..

Would my file still work on movie maker?

OH and James, I'll get a list of all the Kei-cars for you, could take me a while though, pretty busy in the next few days/week.

GT 4EVER
ANother time.. this was in my earlier post, but it's not on the leaderboard yet, so I'm just gonna post it here to get it noticed. This is actually a pretty good lap time.

Ok it's on the leaderboard now, good time:tup:.

AusBoyRacer
Yeh man, I've got it but I'm having trouble loading it onto youtube, its about 85mb. if you like, you could give me your email n I could send it via that? see if that works?

Yeah, could you email it to me? I can think of it as a preview:D.

AusBoyRacer
OH and James, I'll get a list of all the Kei-cars for you, could take me a while though, pretty busy in the next few days/week.

Ok, I have time so don't worry.

Right, so I finally got a chance to do some hotlaps. The best part is that during the last day at the UKGTP7, Famine gave me back my memory card with ALL THE CARS in it... even some duplicates, including two Model Ts, all the F1s (different colours), and a whole bunch more.

Anyhoo, here's what I managed today:

7'53.951 - -Diego- - Audi Pikes Peak Quattro Concept '03 - S2

7'55.520 - -Diego- - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR MR '04 - S2

7'59.944 - -Diego- - Lotus Motorsport Elise '99 - S2

8'07.922 - -Diego- - Honda S2000 '03 - S2

8'09.344 - -Diego- - Hyundai Clix '01 - S2

8'09.693 - -Diego- - Nissan Skyline 350GT-8 '02 - S2

8'21.588 - -Diego- - BMW 330i '05 - S2

9'09.882 - -Diego- - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA '65 - S2

9'19.898 - -Diego- - Isuzu 117 Coupe '68 - S2

9'31.266 - -Diego- - Toyota Voltz '02 - S2

16'49.337 - -Diego- - Citroën 2CV '54 - S2 -- I thought this was a slow time

Until I did this one
17'52.091 - -Diego- - Subaru 360 '58 - S2

8'41.173 - -Diego- - Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car '00 - R3

Hmmm.....something just doesn't add up???
AusBoyRacer:
Lol umm is there any way you can save the reply onto USB?? because otherwise ive got no way of transporting it to the pc, so Ive takin a video using my sony cybershot and put it onto the computer using that but I couldnt get the start bit showing the tyres because I've only got two hands....
Huh???:confused:
Ok...lets break this down shall we.....
umm is there any way you can save the reply onto USB?? because otherwise ive got no way of transporting it to the pc
:odd:
Or............
no way of transporting it to the pc, so Ive takin a video using my sony cybershot and put it onto the computer using that
....:boggled:????Am I missing something here...there was no editing done to that post either????:boggled:
but I couldnt get the start bit showing the tyres because I've only got two hands.
Oh.....ohh no....isn't that a shame....
"Because I only got two hands".....???:crazy: :crazy:
:idea:NO WAY!!! ME TOO!!
WTF MAN!!....Umm....I fail to see the relavance???....
Come on man:rolleyes:....
Lets cut to the chase here, do you have the proof or what???
Hey!!! You know I just come up with a greatest idea, how about you just re-record the replay!!💡
Of course you would have saved it....right??:dopey:
After all it was very quick lap....right???:dopey:
And a clean lap....right????:dopey:
You wouldv'e managed at least that much....right???:dopey:
Oh I wonder whats its gonna be this time??:sly:
lol!!:D
TIME TO PUT ON YO RUBBER BOOTS, CAUSE HERE COME THE BULL****!!! ROFLMAO!! :lol:

Ok guys, I've got the Cobra Video ready to be uploaded to youtube(many thanks to rusty for showiung me how to do it step by step because Im a noob when it comes to this stuff and thanks Dave fpr your help aswell), and am making one of my Suzuki Cappuccino under 10 mins wooo :D

AusBoyRacer
I can not email it to you James, because it is 30mb and it is already bad enough quality, and my email attachment limit is 10mb.

Ok, could you post it on a site like filefront.com? Then I could download it from there.

Edit:
The leaderboard will be updated in just after this edit.

Yeah thanks Brian, hey I just wanted to see something....👍
For the readers of my last post....Myself and AusBoyRacer discust teh issue properly via PM and thats why the replay's up now..I just went by what I read as you could see for yourself. Also note that I am not a fan Bullshat talkers(thats why I put my post the way I did), not that he is[/B, He just needed a lill bit more help with Digi Cam files, which is pretty standard for most....and to explain himself a lill bit better would have helped thats all.....but its COOL now so...Digital Cam files can make life a lil harder...if you aint use to working with digital media and stuff to I guess. Well that concludes the deal then....:D
Basically I believe that a random ask for replays is the best way to go...keep everyone on there toes lol:D
Shame it doesnt have the begining of the replay to....but hey thats the way the cookie crumbled this time I guess.
Hey practice makes perfect right?
Anyway theres something for everyone to have a look at.
Oh and is anyone interrested in GT4 Challanges that DONT involve the Nuburgring?? Cause you know PD did include some 49 odd more tracks lol!!
Don't waste em!!
Head over here for a good little battle: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94550
I am testing on Mediums for Citta di Aria....also using the black 92 as well...see how things go.👍
Oh and post please if you have to use tcs or asm, nos or anything else. Gotta know what you are really challanging right?
Have fun with the Challengers to guys!! ;)

You know, you can get the same results without being so aggressive in your posts. My suggestion would be that you stop being such a hardass towards people at first, but rather ask for things in a calm, educated manner.

I saw your previous post last night and thought it was very aggressive, but didn't think much of it, since I hadn't seen any more posts by yourself. But this last post of yours is more of the same, so I would appreciate it if you change your ways a bit.

Back