Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

I also would like to express gratitude for all the effort you're putting in the leaderboard! This thread is really a whole lot of fun. Thanks, James!
:D 👍 👍 👍

make it simple guys, use a color if you used the aids and leave it blank if you didn't. just list the aid used.

• After all, this makes a lot of sense to me. Since Diego and most of the others didn't use ASM/TCS so far it would save you tons of work, AngelCreator.
  • If this would be done like this, I'd suggest not using RED, because it's the same colour as the car column displayed right next to it on the leaderboard (since the tire isn't displayed on the leaderboard)
    7'00.000 - Mr. Apex - M3 V8 E92 - ASM/TCS <- EXAMPLE (ASM/TCS blends in with car)
    7'00.000 - Mr. Apex - M3 V8 E92 - ASM/TCS <- EXAMPLE (ASM/TSC clearly visible)

Edit:
Ah, and BTW: Forgot to mention it, but how do you guys like the idea of displaying small pictograms next to the different Leaderboards?
(As showed in my post: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2637570&postcount=161)

Attachments

• Road_N2.jpg
    Road_N2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Sports_S2.jpg
    Sports_S2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Race_R3.jpg
    Race_R3.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 9
Sadly, I'm pretty indifferent about the pictograms.

It really does looks nice, but I think anyone who has amassed enough experience to post here their times and get some bragging rights knows the difference between them already.

Thank you Diego,
I thought that may have been the case but I wasnt sure so I asked before I went out n spent my dosh :)

Yeh, On my last GT4 saved game(that I didnt complete because I couldnt do the skyline slipstream mission) I did all my endurance races with Bob but now I want to achieve something more. :)

And my thoughts on the pictograms, I think they look nice and it adds a different touch to the long lists of text, in other words, I feel that the Pictograms are a good idea and they break up the long lists of text :)
I'm all for it.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

It really does looks nice, but I think anyone who has amassed enough experience to post here their times and get some bragging rights knows the difference between them already.
Thanks for the feedback!
Me too I think it ain't absolutely necessary... it's more about looking nice, I guess. BBS Le Mans rim... :drool: half of the cars in my garage have it... :D

AusBoyRacer
I think they look nice and it adds a different touch to the long lists of text, in other words, I feel that the Pictograms are a good idea and they break up the long lists of text
I'm all for it.
Thanks for the feedback!
That's what they are for, couldn't put it any better myself.

Up to you now, James.

Sorry, I'm not 100% clear on the putting or not of the ASM/TCS bracket, so just know I didn't use them at all here.

It was a slow car weekend... save for the NSX

7'53.410 - -Diego- - Honda NSX Type S '97 - S2
8'23.123 - -Diego- - Audi TT 3.2 Quattro '03 - S2
8'23.640 - -Diego- - Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06 - S2
8'34.251 - -Diego- - Volkswagen Golf GTI '05 - S2
8'51.500 - -Diego- - Lexus IS200 '98 - S2
9'05.528 - -Diego- - Peugeot 206cc '01 - S2
9'13.570 - -Diego- - Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '73 - S2
9'25.791 - -Diego- - Toyota Yaris RS 1.5 '00 - S2

Ok I will finish the leaderboard today, should be easy with my new music cd:).(Three Days Grace - ONE-X)

Edit:
I'm almost done now, just need to make sure I didn't mess up anywhere:).

A few quick laps for you James :)
All times are without driving aids just incase you wanted to know :)

7'19.694 - AusBoyRacer - Mercedes SLR McLaren '03 - N2
Very good suspension setup, absorbs alot more bumps then the Zonda but still holds through a corner

7'35.184 - AusBoyRacer - Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 - N2
This a difficult car to manage a good clean time!

7'47.421 - AusBoyRacer - BMW M3 CSL '03 - N2
I heard what everyone else was saying about the CSL, so I had to give it a run for myself, Its true, this car seems it was built especially for the 'Ring even with N2 tyres!

7'49.797 - AusBoyRacer - Dodge Viper GTS '99 - N2
Fun car once you master how to drive it.

8'14.857 - AusBoyRacer - Holden Monaro CV8 '04 - N2
Car was quicker then expected. Absorbed alot of bumps, but with the N2 tyres, the back just wanted to slide out all the time! Good for teaching yourself countersteer. Oversteer was still managable.

7'19.694 - AusBoyRacer - Mercedes SLR McLaren '03 - N2
Very good suspension setup, absorbs alot more bumps then the Zonda but still holds through a corner

Yeah, this ugly monster really does absorb bumps well. I was actually wondering if PD was using accurate data to model air suspension? :confused: Wait, I'm not even sure if the SLR has got air suspension... prolly not.

Dang! You've earned yourself P2!
Congratulations. Gotta find some time and try to fight back! :D
Don't know yet if I can beat VTRacings time, but below 7'15 has got to be within reach now. N2 = more challenging, but teaches you more... :D

Yeah, this ugly monster really does absorb bumps well. I was actually wondering if PD was using accurate data to model air suspension? :confused: Wait, I'm not even sure if the SLR has got air suspension... prolly not.

Dang! You've earned yourself P2!
Congratulations. Gotta find some time and try to fight back! :D
Don't know yet if I can beat VTRacings time, but below 7'15 has got to be within reach now. N2 = more challenging, but teaches you more... :D

SLR on air? thats an interestin concept worth looking into :D

Yep P2 :sly: Muaahahahahaa!
Representing Australia with the Skillz that Killz hahaha
Just wait till I hop into the Amuse. Ill be gunning for P1 for sure!
But unfotunately VTRacings times have always been around 10 seconds quicker then me! :crazy: Oh, Besides the Dodge Viper GTS time that I just posted where I pipped him by 2 seconds :D

Finding time to fight back? haha Go For It.👍 Love competiton :D Your On! haha
Yeh, N2 Is more challenging and it does teach you alot more, which is all good :)

bad news: I won't be posting times for the next 10 days or so (not counting about 8-10 times I did yesterday)

good news: because I'm going to the UKGTP VII... so I'll be making horrible times there :crazy:

That would be this:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92251

Right, so a few times I achieved between last night and tonight... it's 10:30pm, my plane leaves at 7:00 and I still haven't packed my bags... my wife is having a good time nagging me for not being able to unglue myself from the PS2

6'37.968 - -Diego- - Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R JGTC '03 - R3
7'58.536 - -Diego- - Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 - R3

7'43.950 - -Diego- - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A '02 - S2
7'45.657 - -Diego- - Lotus Esprit V8 '02 - S2
7'56.408 - -Diego- - Audi RS6 Avant '02 - S2
8'00.887 - -Diego- - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 350 '69 - S2
8'01.626 - -Diego- - Mercedes Benz SL500 '02 - S2
8'06.182 - -Diego- - Ford Mustang GT '05 - S2
8'07.157 - -Diego- - Subaru Legacy B4 2.0GT Spec B sedan '03 - S2
8'26.665 - -Diego- - Toyota Tacoma X-Runner '04 - S2
8'39.045 - -Diego- - Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 - S2
8'42.608 - -Diego- - Nissan Primera '01 - S2
8'49.544 - -Diego- - BMW 120d '04 - S2
9'23.625 - -Diego- - Peugeot 106 Rallye '03 - S2
9'32.758 - -Diego- - Mitsubishi Colt Sport X '02 - S2
9'43.965 - -Diego- - Honda Element '03 - S2

Haha. Diego, im suprised she hasn't left you yet lol

If I played GT4 enough to get all those times..I know for sure my girlfriend would be long gone hahaha

Sorry I took so long, I was going to do it yesterday but I got on when GTP was down.
Anyways it will be updated after this post, if you find something that doesn't look right
just show it to me and I will fix it. I don't think I messed up anywhere but with the
leaderboard this big I wouldn't be surprised if there is one or more.
Also I did add the pictures to break up the post a little bit. And there are some rule
updates as well so you may want to take a look. And again thanks for all of the ideas:).

Edit:
And I will not add the ASM/TCS to the leaderboard because right now it just a monster to take
care of so I don't want to make it to hard to manage or I could start to have problems:scared:.

Classic Cars(1900 - 1979)

14'27.853 - Fyshokid - Honda LIFE STEP VAN '72
17'22.667 - Fyshokid - Citroen 2CV Type A '54
17'46.543 - Fyshokid - Subaru SUBARU 360 '58
17'50.068 - Fyshokid - Daihutsu Midget '63
:lol:👍 The slow-motion series!... By me *Bows*

Well done James,
Looks awesome :)
Just one question, How do you differentiate between sports cars A and sports cars B and A-class to M-class cars?

Because I would have thought that the Holden Monaro CV8, Pontiac GTO 5.7 and the Nissan 350Z would be in the Sports Cars B class with the Subaru Impreza etc..

Oooook.......... I think its time for me to intervene here.:sly:
I'll post some times real soon....until then dont even think about leavin town....:D

7.29.309 - Rusty* - AC Cars 427 S/C '66 - S2's

I didn't use any TCS and I didn't use and ASM either.👍
Its a rule that I set....honestly can you tell me that you know of '66 model cars OF ANY KIND runnin round with TCS and crap like that on....no I didn't think so lol!:D
So in the spirit of keepin things real, I obeyed by the obviously realistic setup. (After all Polyphony Digital made GT to be a realistic Driving Simulater).
However following the "GT code of conduct" I have set out for myself does have its repocutions, especially if your driving a car that was modelled to handle like a mogrel dog.....however I managed to tame the wild animal enough, I bargained out a 7.29.309 conclusion...it's good enough for me....is it good enough for you????:D

I chose to do this test because I know how hard the car was to handle and how even harder it would be to drive around the Ring in it......essentially I went for the hardest test because I just wanted to see how the rest of you go at handling a worst case scenario in the game....and casue I am not the biggest fan of the Ring for serious racing on.
Dont get me wrong, I love the track. Beutiful scerary and great for testing your cars ability to take rough road conditions, but its not one I would want to spend too long on, using cars I cant work with SUSPENSION WISE.
Ok then, lets see what ya's got to say now!!:sly:

7'20.877 - AusBoyRacer - Shelby Cobra 427 '67 - S2

This time was done on S2! A change from just the normal N2 that I post :)

Soon I shall post an N2 time for the Cobra and an N2 and S2 for the Buick Special :)

:@ Bloody annoyed now!!
Here's the time.
8'04.810 - AusBoyRacer - Shelby Cobra 427 '67 - N2
This car is a dead set chore to drive on N2 tyres!!
I personally challenge anyone to try and better that time without driving aids with a clean lap..
That time was in no way clean, I was running of the road everywhere, and to make matters worse, when the car reaches its 245km/h speed limit, you either have to drive half throttle or let it max out and slow back down 10k's, either way, it severely unbalances the weight of the car and since it has little to no downforce, it affects it so much and you can spear off the road without even turning!
+361kw and 650NM of torque doesnt really go down to well on N2's...

Buick times coming soon :) after dinner.

it's been quite some time since I last posted some times. So I made some quick ones (And 1 for the slow-motion series)

15'44.044 - Fyshokid - Fiat 500L '69 - N2
Boring...

5'52.370 - Fyshokid - Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99 - R3
A bit faster than the R8

6'33.608 - Fyshokid - Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 - R3
It handles very well!

7'08.571 - Fyshokid - ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03 - R3
Handles well but it's slow

I'm normally not all too interested in F1 anymore...
But it must've been interesting to lap the ring 3 times
in the BMW-Sauber F1...

...even if Nick Heidfeld wasn't allowed to put his foot down.

7'38.210 - Mr. Apex - BMW M3 '04 - S2

System: PAL
Device: DFP

Tried a Sportscar B for once... but am working on something tricky at the moment...

Attachments

• M3 S2 7'38.210.max
    46.7 KB · Views: 11
Back