Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

My Buick Times.

7'37.031 - AusBoyRacer - Buick Special '62 - N2

7'11.287 - AusBoyRacer - Buick Special '62 - S2

Still more time in both times. I just cant be bothered lapping again to try n take off seconds :)

Now I'll try my hand at the Amuse S2000 GT1! :D
And I'll look forward to the changes James.

Ok I have updated the leaderboard with the new times.
I will try to finish some of the updates to the leaderboard
today as well. And thank again for making this one of the
biggest leaderboards on GTP:):cheers:.

No worries James,

I speak on behalf of everyone here to say that it is our pleasure and we are greatful that we have a host that is open to ideas/change and will actually do something about decisions :)

whoa! it's been a while since i check this thread properly..... WOW!!!!

Quick question though, just how are the 'Classes' structured?

I don't see a patern in the differnt classes :?

Sorry if i'm being dumb.....

good work though, to all involved :bg:

I am going by a list that Mr. Apex posted(don't remember where),
but I think I will need to put more work into it. Hmm......💡.

AusBoyRacer
No worries James,

I speak on behalf of everyone here to say that it is our pleasure and we are greatful that we have a host that is open to ideas/change and will actually do something about decisions:)

-Diego-
always glad to help:)

Thanks for the good words:bowdown:.

Quick question though, just how are the 'Classes' structured?
That would be here in post number 162 on page 9:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2637573&postcount=162

Maybe you could eventually add the link to post number 162 on page 1, James?

AusBoyRacer
My Buick Times.
7'37.031 - AusBoyRacer - Buick Special '62 - N2
7'11.287 - AusBoyRacer - Buick Special '62 - S2
The Buick Special was included in the Supercar/Sportscar A list, since it isn't really built in '62 and has around 700 HP.
Edit: Same goes for the Shelby and the AC Cobra. In fact those cars are pretty much out of league in the classic car class...
LINK -> SEE LIST

If you would like to do so then you could maybe move the Buick Special and Cobra times to the Supercar/Sportscar A sections of the leaderboards, James.
Edit: In fact I realize now that there are many more cars in the A/B lists wich were built between 1900 and 1979. Well, another way to solve the problem would be to remove all those cars from the A/B class lists, so they would be officially part of the classic car class. If you would like me to, then I can edit my post and do that, James.

8'00.806 - Mr. Apex - BMW M3 '04 - N2

System: PAL
Device: DFP

P1 of Class N2 B in the hands of a Subaru? Couldn't leave it like that, AusBoyRacer... :D
Obviously sub-8 minute laps will be mandatory.
MAXdrive Ghost replay file attached.

P.S.: Looking forward to your Amuse GT1 N2 time, AusBoyRacer...

Attachments

• M3 N2 8'00.806.max
    49.8 KB · Views: 11
Mr. Apex
Maybe you could eventually add the link to post number 162 on page 1, James?

Yes I could do that but this first.

Mr. Apex
Edit: In fact I realize now that there are many more cars in the A/B lists wich were built between 1900 and 1979. Well, another way to solve the problem would be to remove all those cars from the A/B class lists, so they would be officially part of the classic car class. If you would like me to, then I can edit my post and do that, James.

This would be a big help, and if you could give me a direct link to where you
found the list. I tried to find it so I could look at it but I couldn't find it:(.

Edit:
I have the new times, but I will wait to update the leaderboard untill
I get the classes sorted a little better.

P1 of Class N2 B in the hands of a Subaru? Couldn't leave it like that, AusBoyRacer... :D

P.S.: Looking forward to your Amuse GT1 N2 time, AusBoyRacer...

Hmm. Interesting. Looks like Ill have to get back on the couch, Can't have my titles being torn away from me haha.
Posting 3 new times soon.

This would be a big help, and if you could give me a direct link to where you found the list. I tried to find it so I could look at it but I couldn't find it:(.

Done. I left the Buick Special in the Supercar list, since it isn't really from '62. Is that ok for you?

I copied the list from http://db.gtrp.de/. This is a full blown GT3 and GT4 laptime database website located in germany. You can for example click on "GT4 Arcade Cars" on the upper left linklist and then choose the "Super sports cars" car class, then "Nürburgring" as track to view the leaderboard. The process of submitting laptimes is fully customized with pulldown menus and everything. To submit laptimes you've got to register as a member first. The board rules are available in english and german, and the moderators will verify your ghost replay if asked to do so. If you submit a laptime that enters the top five ranks on a leaderboard, the database automatically requests a MAXdrive or Sharkport ghost replay file. If you do not submit the file within seven days, the laptime is being deleted automatically.

If you find some of the Nürburgring times a bit fast, that's due to the fact that the Arcade Leaderboard allows +30% power gain in its rules: http://db.gtrp.de/rules.php

The laptimes are being discussed and verified in a special thread on the german forum website: http://www.gtrp.de/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43, but to know your way around it might help to speak some german, although the mods all speak english, too.

Edit: The leaderboard on db.gtrp.de has tons of classes:
» Micro Cars
» M-Class Cars
» D-Class Cars
» C-Class Cars
» B-Class Cars
» A-Class Cars
» Sports Cars B
» Sports Cars A
» Super Sports Cars
» Race Cars D
» Race Cars C
» Race Cars B
» Race Cars A
» Super Race Cars B
» Super Race Cars A
» Formel 1
» Classic Rally Cars
» WRC Rally Cars
» Super Rally Cars
» Escudo Rally Car

But that seemed a bit too much for the use in this thread here, so I posted just the super sports car/sports car A and sports car B classes and divided the rest into classic and everything else... since my main interest are sports cars... :D

Mr. Apex
Done. I left the Buick Special in the Supercar list, since it isn't really from '62. Is that ok for you?

Yes this is fine, I will update the leaderboard to fit it.

Mr. Apex
Edit: The leaderboard on db.gtrp.de has tons of classes:
» Micro Cars
» M-Class Cars
» D-Class Cars
» C-Class Cars
» B-Class Cars
» A-Class Cars
» Sports Cars B
» Sports Cars A
» Super Sports Cars
» Race Cars D
» Race Cars C
» Race Cars B
» Race Cars A
» Super Race Cars B
» Super Race Cars A
» Formel 1
» Classic Rally Cars
» WRC Rally Cars
» Super Rally Cars
» Escudo Rally Car

But that seemed a bit too much for the use in this thread here, so I posted just the super sports car/sports car A and sports car B classes and divided the rest into classic and everything else... since my main interest are sports cars... :D

That is alot of classes:eek:, I guess it will need some more work:).
I think the road car classes we have now will work, but I do need
to move some of the cars. But I think the race car classes need a
bit more different groups than "Super Race Cars A, Super Race Cars B".
I will continue to work on the leaderboard and keep everyone up to date.

That is alot of classes:eek:, I guess it will need some more work:).
I think the road car classes we have now will work, but I do need
to move some of the cars. But I think the race car classes need a
bit more different groups than "Super Race Cars A, Super Race Cars B".
I will continue to work on the leaderboard and keep everyone up to date.

I was just pointing out the differences between db.gtrp.de <-> this thread here.
IMHO the N&#252;rburgring Challenge V2 would not benefit from having so many classes at the moment...
...so this was no request or anything :scared: ... IMHO the classes we have now are pretty convenient at the moment 👍 👍 👍

P.S.: Did you have a quick look at the database? :dunce:

7'43.515 - Mr. Apex - Nissan 350Z GT4 Ltd. Edition '05 - S2

System: PAL
Device: DFP
Aids: None, of course
MAXdrive Ghost Replay attached.

What a car... sounds like a tractor, understeers like a plow. :grumpy:
Never again. The things people do for a P1... :D

Attachments

• 350Z S2 7'43.515.max
    42.7 KB · Views: 10
Mr. Apex
was just pointing out the differences between db.gtrp.de <-> this thread here.
IMHO the N&#252;rburgring Challenge V2 would not benefit from having so many classes at the moment...

Ok, than I will keep the classes we have for now and we will change them later if requested.

Mr. Apex
P.S.: Did you have a quick look at the database?

I did, I think it's a bit much for just GT4.

Edit:
I have updated the leaderboard, still needs some work but it's good for now.
Also I did add one more class to race cars, "Classic Race Cars(1900 - 1979)".

Ya know I don't think I like the way the leader board is set up............:irked:

I'm not in the P1 anywhere and I think that needs to change to my advantage :sly:

;) ;)

sorry to just barge in here after more than a week without posting, just to point out a mistake, but that's just the way I am.

I think Jimeez should take P1 in the Sport Cars B S2 leaderboard, since his time is quicker than the two previous ones by me :P

just a thought

sorry to just barge in here after more than a week without posting, just to point out a mistake, but that's just the way I am.

I think Jimeez should take P1 in the Sport Cars B S2 leaderboard, since his time is quicker than the two previous ones by me :P

just a thought

You're right
👍

Sorry about that, I guess I wasn't thinking right then.
I have updated the leaderboard and fix the things I messed up.

Sorry about that, I guess I wasn't thinking right then.
I have updated the leaderboard and fix the things I messed up.

No worries, man! 👍 👍 👍
Great thread... it's really interesting to battle with all the contestants here. :)👍

:@ Bloody annoyed now!!
Here's the time.
8'04.810 - AusBoyRacer - Shelby Cobra 427 '67 - N2
This car is a dead set chore to drive on N2 tyres!!
I personally challenge anyone to try and better that time without driving aids with a clean lap..

Hmmmm a challenge! Yum yum. :D Well, I had a go and shaved a couple tenth's off BUT had 1 OFF in the S right before Schwalbenschwanz... :banghead:
So please don't put it on the leaderboard yet, James.
Whenever I find time I'll try to break the 8 minute barrier with that car/tire combo. I say it's definitely possible. Who's first to succeed, AusBoyRacer? :D

8'04.653 - Mr. Apex - Shelby Cobra 427 '67 - N2

From the selected inboard view it might look like I touched the wall at Breitscheid... but I didn't.
Sorry for the horrible mobilphone quality... it gets a little better when I switch to inboard view after a couple seconds.

Lol Mr.Apex. I was going to start my Amuse GT1 S2K time on S2 tyres but since your just offering for a challenge, I cannot possibly resist.

Yeh, as I said, there is so much time available on there for a clean lap with controlled wheelspin but as I'm sure you've discovered.. its easier said then done... especially from my view considering that I am using the DS2! :( Goodluck to us both, I say haha. and anyone else who wants to join in is also welcome.
I'll start that now and post my S2k S2 tyre time soon.
Under 8 minutes and plenty of frustration here I come!
Oh... And you can call me Brian :)

Edit: Just got 8'02.xxx but lap was still not clean and now the playstation is screwing me over and not loading so I cant remember exact milliseconds, But it doesnt matter, I know I can get better anyway, its just annoying because now I have lost my focus and concentration because it is not loading :S.
Edit: 7'58.410 ... ... Just gotta do a clean lap now, and I know it can be done..

But I have my Amuse GT1 time on N2s... but am choosing not to post it just yet :)

Suggestion James:
Would it be possible to make a Kei-car group? because I love those turbo pocket rocket machines! :D and it has the possibility to turn into a hotly contested title because being slow cars, alot more relevance comes into race line, braking tactics and what gear to use through corners :)
No big rush though if you decide that it would be a cool idea!

Cheers,
Brian.

Well it looks like we have a good battle going on:lol:, should be fun to watch:mischievous:.

AusBoyRacer
Suggestion James:
Would it be possible to make a Kei-car group? because I love those turbo pocket rocket machines! and it has the possibility to turn into a hotly contested title because being slow cars, alot more relevance comes into race line, braking tactics and what gear to use through corners
No big rush though if you decide that it would be a cool idea!

Cheers,
Brian.

I have thought about this as well, so if everyone thinks it would be
a group to have then I will get to work putting it into the leaderboard:).

James

Edit:
If you can make a video of your lap that is clean I will put it in the first post.
This go for anyone and everyone.

think i'm going to concentrate on the 'all other models' class and the S2 tyres....

1st clean lap.....

7'56.398 - Dave^ - Nissan 350Z GT4 Ltd. Edition '05 - S2

I'm huntin' you down on this one Mr Apex....... but i may have bitten off more than i can chew......

I've come back from the UKGTP and to be honest haven't been playing that much. It sucks to play now that all the real competition is gone. Still, I've managed a few times:

7'38.024 - -Diego- - Aston Martin DB9 '03 - S2

8'35.101 - -Diego- - Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 - S2

6'50.643 - -Diego- - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Race Car '63 - R3 -- It's amazing how this car handles. I really enjoyed driving it :)

Back