Nurburgring Challenge Version 2 *POST YOUR TIMES*(N2, S2 and R3 Tires)

again, my times are intensely beatable... since I don't use the -10% weight reduction.

However, I am looking into buying a maxdrive or whatever it is you use to upload .max files

Yeah I had a maxdrive before but ever since I moved I can't seem to find it. I gotta head back to the store one of these days.

I've been in WRS and a few other time attack challenges for awhile and never saw this thread until now. I love going through the list and giving a couple of cars a run. I'm also working on a list of my favorite cars and will post times later this week.

I had a go in some cars, its been a while since i tried this challenge, i used to compete in the original thread....

Here are a few, all have replays saved if you want the file, and the last one in the '7 is just for fun.... to de-stress if you like...

Chasing down that S2000 time was the hardest.
All that will stop me posting the replay files as a max file now is the max drive not working when i try it, i havent done for a long time... but i should be able to get it to work if people want proof.

Nice thread, brings me enjoyment.

6'43.438 - VEXD - S2000 GT1 '04 - S2

7'31.226 - VEXD - M3 - S2

7'34.735 - VEXD - 350z GT4 Ltd Ed. - S2

5'58.199 - VEXD - Toyota 7 - R3

Good Luck everyone
:irked:👍

All that will stop me posting the replay files as a max file now is the max drive not working when i try it, i havent done for a long time... but i should be able to get it to work if people want proof.
:lol:
I hear your pain with that but man-oh-man did I have a stroke of luck with the Sharkport the other day...
Needed to get the Maxdrive working and my flashdrive isn't interacting properly... Stuck in the Sharkport for the first time in probably about a year and like never before- it worked!!! :lol:

Goes to show you don't ever know. :D

I had a go in some cars, its been a while since i tried this challenge, i used to compete in the original thread....

Here are a few, all have replays saved if you want the file, and the last one in the '7 is just for fun.... to de-stress if you like...

Nice thread, brings me enjoyment.

6'43.438 - VEXD - S2000 GT1 '04 - S2

7'31.226 - VEXD - M3 - S2

7'34.735 - VEXD - 350z GT4 Ltd Ed. - S2

5'58.199 - VEXD - Toyota 7 - R3

Good Luck everyone

Congrats on your times :)
Thanks for the credit on my Amuse S2000 GT1 time :D
Looks like i'll have to chase it down now n get the lead back!
When you post your times(just to keep everything clear and even) post the entire name of the car as its written in the race overview once you've finished the race and the year it was manufactured after it :) Like the rest of us :) I dont mean to sound rude and snappy, it just makes sure that there is no confusion over what car you used etc. :)

Here are some times for N2 Sports class B :)

7'51.741 - AusBoyRacer - Amuse S2000 R1 '04 - N2 - Very quick, well tuned S2000, Enjoyed driving this alot! Sounds awesome too!

7'56.686 - AusBoyRacer - Ford MUSTANG SVT Cobra R '00 - N2 - Quick car, more time in this lap.

7'57.307 - AusBoyRacer - BMW M3 '04 - N2 - fun car to drive, engine note much better then the M Coupe.

7'57.842 - AusBoyRacer - Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90 - N2 - Tail happy just like the Grand Sport, but it feels alot stiffer and more direct.

7'58.438 - AusBoyRacer - Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00 - N2 - The engine note on this car was enjoyable to listen to, the cars weight was a big negative though...

7'58.470 - AusBoyRacer - Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96 - N2 - Very tail happy, exceeded my expectations.

8'09.440 - AusBoyRacer - Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept '02 - N2 - Very good drive considering its 2 tonne weight.(after the weight reduction.)

8'21.193 - AusBoyRacer - ASL Garaiya '02 - N2 - Very quick car for under 200kw, lightweight enjoyable car.

8'21.454 - AusBoyRacer - BMW M Coupe '98 - N2 - Not Impressed with this car at all. Only completed 2 laps and it was absolute torture. The engine note sounds like shizer, It handles like an underpowered Aston Martin and frankly, I don't think its deserving of BMW's 'M' badge...

More Times coming soon...

Kent
I hear your pain with that but man-oh-man did I have a stroke of luck with the Sharkport the other day...
Needed to get the Maxdrive working and my flashdrive isn't interacting properly... Stuck in the Sharkport for the first time in probably about a year and like never before- it worked!!!

Goes to show you don't ever know.

Hey you came to the thread:embarrassed:, please tell me how it looks so far?
PLEASE:bowdown:

AusBoyRacer
When you post your times(just to keep everything clear and even) post the entire name of the car as its written in the race overview once you've finished the race and the year it was manufactured after it Like the rest of us I dont mean to sound rude and snappy, it just makes sure that there is no confusion over what car you used etc.

Yes this would help alot:).

And I have updated the leaderboard.

Well,
The thread looks great. Lots of times up, looks great.
I'd call this a success. 👍
You've also done a great job of keeping up to date with the times submitted. 👍

Also...
Not Impressed with this car at all. Only completed 2 laps and it was absolute torture. The engine note sounds like shizer, It handles like an underpowered Aston Martin and frankly, I don't think its deserving of BMW's 'M' badge...
I disagree with that statement.
First off, the turn in and low speed oversteer on the M coupe is awesome. Second, comparing it to an underpowered aston martin isn't fair at all (since the DB9 is one of the fastest cars in its class)... Furthermore, the M coupe definately deserves the M badge for the amazing powerband of the high revving engine found under the hood.
Overall, I'd say the car is definately much better than indicated by Ausboyracer's comments.
With that in mind, I decided to run a lap in the M coupe...
N2 tires, 0%/-10%, 8'17.026
Only 2 laps of work went into that so I'm not sure what the best possible lap would be, but for now I'm saying it is atleast 8'14.

Definately an underrated car.
Just got to learn to drive the car the way it wants to be driven (not the way you want to drive it)... Kinda like the Merc SLR in that sense. Drive it like any other car and you'll understeer, blah blah blah... Adapt your driving to the car and you'll find it is much faster and handles much better than you would have ever thought.

Btw, that's not an official submission... Was just putting that out there to get the various racers interested in shaving time. :sly:

not to mention the DB9 is the fastest Aston Martin

I have to say that after learning to drive the Merc SLR I can easily get over Mission 34... the problem was that before I was just having a go at it to get over said mission. Now that I've given the car many runs around the 'ring and other tracks, I like it a lot... no problems with understeering at all and the slides are very controllable.

I have to say that after learning to drive the Merc SLR I can easily get over Mission 34... the problem was that before I was just having a go at it to get over said mission. Now that I've given the car many runs around the 'ring and other tracks, I like it a lot... no problems with understeering at all and the slides are very controllable.

Yup, the SLR was the exact same way for me.
At first I was just driving it to get past M34. However, when the original N2 Ring challenge came up everyone was using the Zonda 7.3 to get top times... I decided to give the SLR a run and eventually became one with the car. By that time I was running the fastest laps in the spot race and at this point I am confident in saying it is one of the fastest production road cars in the game.
On N2 tires, I'm sure it is the fastest production road car... On S2 tires the Zonda 7.3 and Ford GT may be able to win (thanks to the extra grip of the Sports tires).

Yeah, but the Zonda is bounces like a ping-pong ball all around the 'ring... I personally don't like running supercars around it, save for the SLR, which seems to 'absorb' bumps really well.

I usually go for 7'40-8'15 minute cars

Anybody who went bowling with you at UKGTP7 knows how you like to control your slides :sly:

My apologies for not naming the car and its year in my previous post...

S2000 GT1 '04

BMW M3 '04

Nissan 350z Gran Turismo Limited Edition (Z33) '05

Toyota 7 Race Car '70

Hope that helps.

Lookin forward to trying to get those last couple of seconds out of the S2000 when you lay the next time down AusBoyRacer!
Kudos

Oh, by the way, you might just want to check out the WRS this week....
You too Kent.... oh wait....

As usual:
System: PAL
Device: DFP
Driving Aids: Ripped out of the car and thrown in the junkyard

7'31.597 - Mr. Apex - BMW M3 '04 - S2 - UPDATED

Whoops... lots of new times! :dopey: Not good enough for P1... i'm vexd... ;)
Looks like the ante is being upped around here! :D

Me likey... well, back to the old drawing board, then.

Edit:
Diego
Dude, WTF? How dare you not have the Cien YET! That's like the easiest car to win! Before anyone goes further, you get it by winning the Citta di Aria Easy, in the Special Conditions Hall.
Thank's for the info, Diego :sly:👍
I'm kinda picky with cars... don't like the looks of the Cien. Fugly.
I probably don't even have half of the cars in GT4 unlocked... :D

Kent, I will have to agree with you haha

I know my comments were harsh but I for one am not a fan of the engine note of the car (in the game anyway, can'y say Ive experienced it in life) and it was just a big turn off for me, True I feel I could do a faster time then I posted, It just put me in a mood were I did not want to hear the noise of the car haha.
I will try it again with an updated time (tv on volume 0 lol) but Ill have to keep checking the tacho to see where my revs are.. since I drive im manual. Should be a challenge :)

Oh. and thanks for your comments on 1. My overtly harsh comment and 2. The leaderboard in general :)

Edit: I'll also say here that I am a fan of the SLR aswell. note: my time on N2s, Great car to drive!

VEXD
Here i go again, albeit with less weight, more grunt, and a lot less grip to what ive been doin all weekend in the aforementioned spotty.

Hey VEXD
Saw this post of yours over at the W.R.S. week 110 thread... and I don't really get what you're saying?! :dunce:

• less weight: Did you run your Amuse S2000 GT1 Time with 100% weight over here? Because you ARE allowed to use -10%, you know...
  • more grunt: Aight, that's correct from my point of view
  • a lot less grip: Duh... referring to... what? :dunce: Weren't you using the same SM (S2) 265/35-18 Tires, mounted on identical Volk Racing CE28N 18x10+15 Wheels?
    pic_s2000gt_02-744180.jpg

Besides, no offense at all, I'm just curious... :D

Woops! :dunce: my bad!

I was using -10% here, and i will be there too, so there is no less weight, unless you count the fact that i didnt have time to eat at all yesterday....

And there is less grip in that combo, because there is more horsepower involved... but i was and still am very tired, so well done for spotting that when i didnt. Nice pic by the way...:cheers:

I would expect to see Diego in the WRS this week....

Diego needs to get a maxdrive before he goes into the WRS. I've talked it over with Spec and it appears I'll be buying it from him when he buys it, since Spain and Maxdrive don't mix, apparently... besides, I did submit my times at the qualifying run of the M3 at Infineon, and was told they'd need to open a Division 4 to accept my times.

You could be using less weight, since you've reduced the weight of the car...

Kent's comments can be overly harsh at times. Like me, he takes things seriously, and sometimes when someone's comments are negative, we tend to get overly excited about it. We've had arguments before and it hasn't been pretty. Of course, I'm usually the a-hole.

And ummm... I'll be submitting times sometime today (it's a holiday here), but mostly of new cars. I tried improving times on other cars and only managed to improve on one (one of the Chaparrals). I get bored easily and if by thesecond lap I haven't got a better time, chances are I won't.

Anyway, at least I win in quantity :D

Only 94 cars to go 👍

Kent
Well,
The thread looks great. Lots of times up, looks great.
I'd call this a success.
You've also done a great job of keeping up to date with the times submitted.

VEXD
My apologies for not naming the car and its year in my previous post...

Thats ok, just post the full name next time and it's good:).

Mr. Apex
Whoops... lots of new times! Not good enough for P1... i'm vexd...

:lol:, and the leaderbaord is updated;).

And after having all day to myself:

7'31.225 - -Diego- - Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG '02 - S2 -- nice car, except it's freakin' heavy! Must be good enough with the -10% weight
7'52.298 - -Diego- - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03 - S2
7'53.457 - -Diego- - Nissan Skyline GT-R M.N.P. III '00 - S2
8'09.403 - -Diego- - Hyundai HCD6 '01 - S2 -- Awesome car... likes to slide, very controllable and responds quickly.
8'14.942 - -Diego- - Dome Zero '78 - S2
8'26.641 - -Diego- - Opel Speedster '00 - S2
8'40.327 - -Diego- - Land Rover Range Stormer '04 - S2 :yuck:
8'51.768 - -Diego- - Alfa Romeo Spyder 3.0i V6 24V '01 - S2
9'17.736 - -Diego- - Mini Cooper '02 - S2
16'03.579 - -Diego- - Ford Model T Tourer '15 - S2

Race Cars
6'01.958 - -Diego- - Nissan R390GT1 Race Car 1998 - R3
6'11.587 - -Diego- - Panoz Esperante Race Car '98 - R3
6'21.477 - -Diego- - Chevrolet Corvette C5R '00 - R3
6'32.503 - -Diego- - Audi Abt TT-R Touring Car '02 - R3
6'55.082 - -Diego- - Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 - R3 -- what the hell did they do to this car? It used to be very driveable and pretty good in GT3, now it's like driving a piece of balsa wood during a tornado.
7'13.710 - -Diego- - Ford Focus Rally Car '99 - R3 -- I'll probably reattempt this time, since I had a few accidental slides.
7'24.053 - -Diego- - BMW 320i Touring Car '03 - R3

8'14.607 - AusBoyRacer - BMW M Coupe '98 - N2 - UPDATED - Thank you Kent for raising your concern with my time.. and as you said, a 8'14.xxx is possible. Still did not really enjoy driving it though, I find the BMW engine note a litte drainy save for the M3's and M5 which are a treat to the ears. I hope they include the M6 in GT5 :D

Now working on gaining back my S2 Supercar class title!

Diego
6'55.082 - -Diego- - Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 - R3 -- what the hell did they do to this car? It used to be very driveable and pretty good in GT3, now it's like driving a piece of balsa wood during a tornado.
:lol:👍

9'05.073 - azevedojose - Seat Ibiza Cupra '04 - N2

8'40.709 - azevedojose - Seat Ibiza Cupra '04 - S2

11'16.584 - azevedojose - Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) '63 - N2

10'06.822 - azevedojose - Nissan Silvia (CSP311) '65 - N2

10'09.288 - azevedojose - Nissan Bluebird 1600 Deluxe (510) '69 - N2

10'24.734 - azevedojose - Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79 - N2

10'14.244 - azevedojose - Mini Marcos GT '70 - N2

Sport Cars A & Supercars

7'09.913 - VTRacing - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04
7'10.908 - SammiTougeGirl - Cadillac Cien '02
7'14.606 - AusBoyRacer - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04
7'19.694 - AusBoyRacer - Mercedes SLR McLaren '03
7'19.945 - Mr. Apex - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04
7'20.625 - AusBoyRacer - Cadillac Cien '02
7'27.465 - SammiTougeGirl - Nissan Option Stream Z '04

Shouldnt the Optione Stream Z be in the Race Cars categoryy???

Edit: Since its not listed as a Tuner Car in the Tuner Villiage but is actually a Race Car modified for top speed runs??

The Option Stream Z is listed under Supercars & Sports Cars A at the moment.

Attachments

• OptionStream.JPG
    OptionStream.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 11
AusBoyRacer
Sport Cars A & Supercars

7'09.913 - VTRacing - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04
7'10.908 - SammiTougeGirl - Cadillac Cien '02
7'14.606 - AusBoyRacer - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04
7'19.694 - AusBoyRacer - Mercedes SLR McLaren '03
7'19.945 - Mr. Apex - Amuse S2000 GT1 '04
7'20.625 - AusBoyRacer - Cadillac Cien '02
7'27.465 - SammiTougeGirl - Nissan Option Stream Z '04

Shouldnt the Optione Stream Z be in the Race Cars categoryy???

Edit: Since its not listed as a Tuner Car in the Tuner Villiage but is actually a Race Car modified for top speed runs??

I think if you look it's called a Tuner car under Nissan(not sure though).

Yeah, the Option Stream is in Nissan, under the Japanese cars... it is not in the Tuner Village. Then again, Nismos are tuner (sort of) cars and they are in Nissan, not in the Tuner Village.

Same with the BP Falken RX-7... it's in Mazda, not in the tuner village.

Back