Official Playstation Store Thread

I didnt like pixel junk at all, to me it seems like a very basic flash game, the idea I got when I heard pixel junk racers was that you would draw pixel cars front back sides and top and then the game would make them 3D and you could race around basic 3D tracks, would be like the lower res GT1...and it would be ultra sweet with all peoples creations....online racing with probably hundreds of people! but what we got was a very far panned out scalextrics style game which didnt really do it for me at all, as far as I can tell from the demo it wasn't what I had imagined, I would have thought it was free if you asked me.

Robin

Yeah, I couldn't get into Pixel Junk at all. I tried and gave it a full hour and tried all the modes and tracks available, but no.

After playing NHL 08 Demo for a while im starting to like it a lot! I look forward to the release next week :-D

My friend and I found it very underwelming... I'm so sticking to the 360 version.

Sorry, PS3. :( I'm trying honest. those retards at EA and M$ arn't helping.

I didnt like pixel junk at all, to me it seems like a very basic flash game

Mm, I kinda got a kick out of playing the Pixel Junk demo. It took me a while to figure out how to win the races until I finally checked the controls and figured out how to change lanes. :P I would suggest someone try out the demo before purchasing it, though.

I purchased the Motorstorm Coyote Bundle and Blast Factor Advanced Research last night. I have $20.05 left to spend. May get Castlevainia SOTN and save the rest.

Blast Factor is better than ever now. Not Super Star Dust good but better.

Just curious, why did you find it so? How is the 360 version different/better?

The controls are alot different granted I don't think you could change them in the demo but the feel vs the 360 isn't there. I could be used to the 360 a lot more now since I think it's an awesome controller but I've never really liked the sixaxis for some reason. Anyway, to shoot you had to go in the direction of the goal in relation to where you are? It got confusing lets put it that way because when I wanted to deke it would shoot instead. Lastly, that game had the same feeling as 07 where it had EA's classic glitches that arn't realistic to hockey.

DWA
The controls are alot different granted I don't think you could change them in the demo

You can change between Standard and Classic, Classic has the deke/shoot on right stick, if you want to use it, if not you can shoot with square and circle

DWA
I've never really liked the sixaxis for some reason.

what would that be? im curious :)

DWA
to shoot you had to go in the direction of the goal in relation to where you are?

I don't know what you're talking about actually, maybe you mean when you are outside the offensive zone? Then you need to be drag the left analog to the direction you want to shoot.

DWA
when I wanted to deke it would shoot instead.

thats because the deke is left right while the shooting is down for loading a slapshot (can be released to fake, or fullfilled by going all the way up), just up will make a wrist shot

DWA
Lastly, that game had the same feeling as 07 where it had EA's classic glitches that arn't realistic to hockey.

This i can't answer too since i haven't played NHL in a few years. I think 2005 was the last one. For me it was all new :)

-----------------------------

and btw the graphics are awesome! :)

US PSN Store

Games:
  • LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
Demos:
  • Skate
  • Stuntman: Ignition
  • SEGA Rally Revo
  • NBA 08 Demo
Trailers/Videos:
  • Devil May Cry 4 Summer 2007
  • GT5 Prologue Leipzig Video
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD
  • Folklore and Creature
  • LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
  • NBA 08 Free 6 Tutorial
  • Heavenly Sword Release
  • Lair "Going For The Kill"
  • Lair Promo
Wallpapers:
  • Devel May Cry
  • Lair
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD
  • Locoroco Cocoreccho!
  • NBA 08
European PSN Store

Games:
  • MediEvil
  • Syphon Filter
  • LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
Videos/Trailers
  • Jericho Trailer

How many tutorial, "Look Lair is really cool if you just learn how to use it," videos do we need?

Yeah, that's happened before. Just pause it and come back to it later when the traffic isn't so high.

edit: Log out and log back in and you can finish the downloads.

Yeah, that's happened before. Just pause it and come back to it later when the traffic isn't so high.

edit: Log out and log back in and you can finish the downloads.

This is a major issue Sony needs to fix. It goes full speed for a while then stops completely. But this only happens when traffic is heavy.

Oh yeah zero noticeable differences between this and the 360 version of Stunt Man2 aside from the common contrast brightness.

my demo thoughts...

Sega Rally - Again the track deformation is cool and it seems the graphics are the best on the lower part of the car round the wheel areas, when it gets muddy it looks photorealistic whereas the rest of the cars body is not that detailed.

I found it really hard to drive or rather the cars handle weird, I think im used to simulation driving games thats why. Dont like the invisible wall thing and NO DAMAGE!

I much prefer dirt as I can actually play that game and the graphics are very sweet... but no deformation unfortunately...

You have to take sega rally for what it is, its graphics are not meant to be top notch, its meant to be a quick arcadey type game and in that it succeeds but its just not for me.

Skate - Looks good on PS3 considering EA, graphics on the whole are not as detailed as tony hawks but it some areas of visuals its better, like clothing movement and board physics. No real jaggies and everything looks clean.

I have to say I see that they are going for a whole new angle to thing games control (like a tech deck control movement) and I dont like it, its too annoying and unresponsive, im lazy I just want to ride up to something and press x and it all happens like for example a grind, I dont want to have to set it up perfectly.

The camera angle from low down is also annoying but its a great entry into this genre and im sure it will have its following, maybe people who are seriously into skateboarding will like this control system more as it is more realistic.

Jedi2016
Really? Cool. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.. Flow is still a game I pull out on a regular basis just to waste some time.

Heres more info on it :)👍

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/...clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;8

Robin

You can change between Standard and Classic, Classic has the deke/shoot on right stick, if you want to use it, if not you can shoot with square and circle

Yeah I know but I'm not talking about the settings.

what would that be? im curious :)

I guess the biggest part is the 360 controller I feel like I have a good grasp on while I pull the trigger buttons, I don't get that feeling on the sixaxis because it's not secured, it's floating if you look at the R2 & L2 buttons.

I don't know what you're talking about actually, maybe you mean when you are outside the offensive zone? Then you need to be drag the left analog to the direction you want to shoot.

thats because the deke is left right while the shooting is down for loading a slapshot (can be released to fake, or fullfilled by going all the way up), just up will make a wrist shot

It's hard to explain and I'm going off how my friend thinks it works. I'll try again... Ok you have the option of alternating, always up, always down on your view when skating right. So say you are skating down so that means as you skate towards the opponent's goal you see the front of your jersey. Ok, so lets say you are facing the left side of the rink and you're left arm is facing the goal. If you take a shot it would be right and left on the joystick, if you deke it would be up and down. See it? I don't know if that's actually how it works but going down has always been akward to me.

This i can't answer too since i haven't played NHL in a few years. I think 2005 was the last one. For me it was all new :)

It's EA's wonderful (not) programming... in 07 you could be skating with the puck to the net and want to pass it off only to have your guy pass it back all the way to your end even though you had the joy stick pointing to another player in front. This is not me and is a glitch because the AI would do it too. There are a whole bunch of these "glitches". It got really really irritating.

Pro, superstar, allstar... it didn't matter they were all retarded.

I don't know what else to tell you because I've heard some people say they never had a problem.

Bah!!! I was waiting for the NBA 2k8 demo to be released this week (like the xbox360 got a few days ago) but Sony dished out NBA 08 instead :(

Now I have to wait till next week to get the NBA 2K8 demo.

Stuntman was ok but I certainly wouldn't buy it based on what I saw in the demo. Maybe a rental down the road when I run out of good games

I tried to go into SRR with an open mind considering what I've heard in here but I don't see how many people are going to choose this over DiRT (maybe in addition to DiRT, but not over it) Frankly I would much rather have car deformation than terrain deformation if I had to choose. Handling is beyond arcadey as well and just plain boring

Skate was by far my favorite of the 3 demos downloaded (and this is coming from someone who has never cared about skateboarding and seldom plays a related game) after a direct comparison between this and THPG I would pick Skate even with somewhat annoying controls, and the fact that TH could be considered to have more game play elements and maybe even better graphics. Skate is just that much more satisfying and realistic (as much as you can get from a controller) and it's the first skating game that I might actually consider picking up

I don't get why or how the original Stunt man had more realistic vehicle physics.. It seems like a cool game but I'll have to rent it first

Skate seemed to be the only good demo, I was quite disappointed with Sega Rally Revo though.

I actually really liked stuntman, I played a demo of the original on PS2 and thought it wasnt great at all but now the extra power of next gen makes it a whole lot better.

I liked the hollywood trailer style intro and was disappointed that the game didnt look like the pre rendered scenes (when are we going to get past this!!!). Actually it looked only slighty better than a PS2 game in my mind.

I love the way they basically base the stunts on real films without the licence, The bond one was really believable and I think the other 2 are meant to be like dante's peak or something.

The gameplay was great and they give you three levels! Not bad for a demo. I wont be buying it as im not really a fan and I think the money can be spent better elsewhere...but im def keeping the demo.

Robin

I was very pleased with Skate! It really captures the almost awkwardly slow speed and technicality of skateboarding... i do not skate myself but have always loved skateboarding games... I was getting tired of 8 million point combos that are easily strung together with the TH series... the graphics, physics, and just feel of skate was awesome! I love how hard it is and i'll prolly end up buying this one... now i just hope that EA can turn around and maybe use this engine for a really realistic snowboard sim, then i'd be in heaven!

as far as SRR goes, pretty graphics, nice track deformation, handling was way to arcadey for me... after just buying dirt and loving it, i don't think i could justify purchasing SRR...

Back