Official Playstation Store Thread

Oh yes I do...My brother wants the game, I want to try it before he even goes anywhere near buying it.....

The Stuntman Demo is awsome if you were a nerd of the last Stuntman game, i was so i love it! :)👍

It's already pre-ordered and i cant wait

Hong Kong PS Store Update 9/20/07 (content not yet available in America & Europe)

• Game Trailers
    • 1'55" 1080p (112 MB) Devil May Cry 4 - Summer 2007 Trailer
    • 3'07" 1080p (182 MB) Dynasty Warriors 6 - PV

• Wallpaper
    • 1080p Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - Online - 1
    • 1080p Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - Online - 2
    • 1080p Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection - Online - 3

North American PS Store Update 9/27/07

• Game Add-ons
    • $1 MotorStorm - New Vehicle: Truck - "Castro Capitano"
    • $3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma - "Speed Master"

• Game Demos
    • (821 MB) Clive Barker's Jericho
    • (287 MB) NBA 2K8

• Game Trailers
    • 2'50" 720p (315 MB) The Eye of Judgment - Overview
    • 1'16" 720p (53 MB) NBA 08 - Upside Tutorial
    • 1'47" 720p (74 MB) Guitar Hero 3 - Trailer

• Movie Trailers
    • 2'27" 1080p (139 MB) We Own the Night
    • 2'30" 1080p (142 MB) Iron Man - Teaser

• (821 MB) Clive Barker's Jericho
  • (287 MB) NBA 2K8

[*]Game Trailers
  • 2'50" 720p (315 MB) The Eye of Judgment - Overview
I believe it says something when the video for EOJ is bigger than the demo for NBA 2k8.

Jericho is quite fun, definitely seems easier to get into than the darkness... nice to finally have the Ironman trailer on my TV as well.

Hong Kong PS Store Update 9/28/07 (content not yet available in America & Europe)

• Games
    • $55HK Go! Sports: Ski

• Game Trailers
    • 1'00" 1080p (59 MB) Go! Sports: Ski - Promotion Movie
      (this is different from the previously released trailer from E3)

I suspect Go! Sports: Ski will be made available very soon on the European PS Stores, followed by the American Store. $55 HK is about €5, £3.5, and $7 US.

This game reminds me of an old oversized arcade game called Alpine Racer where you would stand on two shortened skis that could be turned with your feet as well as carve an edge by leaning into them. The cabinet also had two stationary ski poles that you would hold on to for resistance. It was a lot of fun in the arcades, and the game also allowed two units to be connected so you could also race against each other. 👍

yup, first thing I thought of upon seeing the original trailers was Alpine Racer

I can't say too much because I've only used Xbox marketplace once or twice but the PS store really seems to be shining lately with lots of relevant free content and excellent download speeds (at least for me, I will often have one or two downloads finish before I'm even done browsing the store! ) that is accessible by anyone with broadband for free.

Jericho is quite fun, definitely seems easier to get into than the darkness... nice to finally have the Ironman trailer on my TV as well.

I agree, I enjoyed it so much i was going to buy it until I found out its single player only. Might rent it but they say its over 15hours of gameplay which should be gears of war and Bioshock.

Jericho demo is pretty good. I didn't like the fact it was in low-lit rooms though - I couldn't see everything properly. But the detail of everything, especially of the enemies, seemed of a high standard.

G.T
Jericho demo is pretty good. I didn't like the fact it was in low-lit rooms though - I couldn't see everything properly. But the detail of everything, especially of the enemies, seemed of a high standard.
Triangle = flashlight I found may way through the darkl areas just fien when I did that, even if it did have the monsters come running at me. That's what the blood power is for.

This was definitely interesting, although I don't think I have the proper mindset for squad based FPSs. I always find myself just using one person and forgetting to give commands or use others. I will definitely have to rent it and see if I get used to the gameplay a bit more when I start from the beginning instead of being thrown into the action mid-game.

My biggest complaint is that it was short. I felt like I was just getting used to the gameplay and controls when it ended.

when I play the Tiger Woods demo I never get past the 1st hole as the game frezees on the score****. You're supposed to press X to continue but nothing happens when I do and the only way out is by quiting the game... Does anyone else get this? Should I be online to progress to the other 2 available holes???

Also, bearing in mind the prologue demo is getting close, is the Hong Kong /Chinese shop the same as the Japanese or will I need an account in the latter to download GT5 prologue demo?

Thanks

RUI

It sounds like your download has some sort of glitch. I've played the three holes on the U.S. demo plenty of times, and never online (Is this even available?). Off topic, but my best score is 7 for the three holes.

RUI
Also, bearing in mind the prologue demo is getting close, is the Hong Kong /Chinese shop the same as the Japanese or will I need an account in the latter to download GT5 prologue demo?
The Japan store is different, but much of the content can be found else where. Whether or not the HK store will have GT5:P the same time it is made available in Japan is not yet known.

Thanks guys,

so I guess I better download the Tiger Woods demo again...

in case prologue isn't available at the HK shop, how easy/hard is it to get a Japanese account?

RUI

RUI
in case prologue isn't available at the HK shop, how easy/hard is it to get a Japanese account?
The 6th post in this thread tells you how:

1) Enter region as Japan and Bday as usual
2) Master Account / Sub Account (select first option)
3) Scroll through agreement, right button is accept.
4) Sign-In ID: E-mail address, password, confirm password, checkbox for remember password, security question, answer to security question
5) Create online ID, select right button to accept
6) First Name, Last Name, two unknown (enter anything), left radio button is male, right is female, select right button to accept.
7) Select second option (this chooses not to enter billing info I think)
8 ) First box numbers (I entered 6 or 7 kinda like a zip code), second box select anything, tokyo, 23 tokyo, nothing, tokyo, select right box (you can type in other stuff, I just took a chance and typed this stuff and it worked)
9) Leave box blank, select right button to accept
10) Select right button to accept (confirm ID stuff)
11) Select only button available
12) Now select your avatar
13) Sits on this next screen for a bit, you can either select the second option "NO" or cancel out using the circle button.

If you want visual step by step instructions you might find the following site to be useful:

I suspect Go! Sports: Ski will be made available very soon on the European PS Stores, followed by the American Store. $55 HK is about €5, £3.5, and $7 US.
I stand corrected. Looks like it is coming to the American PS Store first, and not for $7, but for only $3! 👍

BTW: Here are the new PS Store Updates:

07/10/04 - UK PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to all European, Middle Eastern, Indian, South Pacific, and Australian regions)

• Game Demos
    • SKATE
    • Bladestorm: The Hundred Years’ War - English Language Edition
    • Stuntman: Ignition
    • Clive Barker's Jericho

• Game Trailers
    • Haze - Interview & Gameplay (w/Free Radical's Game Director David Doak)
    • GRAW 2 - Launch
    • GRAW 2 - SIXAXIS Part 1: Scope Aiming
    • GRAW 2 - SIXAXIS Part 2: Drone M.U.L.E.
    • GRAW 2 - SIXAXIS Part 3: Mitchel Moves
    • Snakeball - English

• Wallpaper
    • Blast Factor - Red
    • Blast Factor - Lab
    • flOw (listed as 1080p, but really only 720p)

07/10/04 - North American PS Store Update

• Games
    • $3 Go! Sports Ski

• Game Demos
    • The Simpsons Game
    • Bladestorm: The Hundred Years’ War - English Language Edition

• Game Trailers
    • Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune - BTS: Part 1
    • Haze - Interview & Gameplay (w/Free Radical's Game Director David Doak)
    • Metal Gear Online - Trailer
    • Eye of Judgment - Tutorial
    • NBA 08 - Key Control Play Calling Tutorial

• Movie Trailers
    • Tekkonkinkreet
    • Surf’s Up - BD trailer

• Wallpaper
    • Go! Sports Ski
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    • The Simpsons Game
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho - 1
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho - 2
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho - 3
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho - 4
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho - 5
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho - 6
    • LocoRoco Cocoreccho - 7

I would love to hear from anyone who purchases Go! Sports Ski.

At $3 I might be interested, but as I have yet to hear a lot about it I'd like a review first.

One more thing, on the Japanese PS Strore, they now have the demo for Record of Agarest War (987 MB).

A trailer for this game was posted a few weeks ago on the Japanese store and a new trailer was shown at TGS last week. You can find a link to view the new HD trailer HERE.

It appears to be some kind of strategic RPG game with old school anime animation.

I would like to download the demo of cash guns chaos but contrary to what has been said recently, I can't find anything but the game and a gameplay video

I would like to download the demo of cash guns chaos but contrary to what has been said recently, I can't find anything but the game and a gameplay video
Looks like the starter pack/demo is no longer available. I believe this and Everybody's Golf 5 are the only demos of the 50 that have been added to the stores that have been removed. Still, you never know, other older demos may be on the way out as well.

As for Ca$h, Gun$, and Chao$, I bought the full version back in March, and it was easily worth the $5. The best way I can describe the game is that it is as if Quentin Tarantino was asked to make a modern version of the classic arcade game, Robotron. :)

You guys must download the Warhawk video from the Japanese store. It is hilarious!

Warhawk is a game i won't bother to get. I'm not a huge fan of Controller FPS. Or does it have support for Key+Mouse?

---

The Simpsons Demo was quiet awesome actually :). Difficult at first, took me 40 minutes to complete it the first time, took a while before i found the Select button. But what's your record times? This is mine.

dsc00839dj9.jpg

As for Ca$h, Gun$, and Chao$, I bought the full version back in March, and it was easily worth the $5. The best way I can describe the game is that it is as if Quentin Tarantino was asked to make a modern version of the classic arcade game, Robotron. :)
How does it control? The video makes it look like the dual stick controls in Blast Factor and SSHD. If that is the case I may pick it up.

Warhawk is a game i won't bother to get. I'm not a huge fan of Controller FPS.
You're in luck then, because it is third person.

It is actually a lot of fun and I would suggest a rental before writing it off completely.

So, last night I had some issues with the US PS Store. At 9:30 ET, during half time of the Kentucky/South Carolina game, I signed on to set everything up to download, but it had yet to be updated. After the game, 11:30-ish, I logged on and it was updated but none of teh new wallpapers would load up, not even their thumbnails were visible. When I tried to download them it gave me an error. The videos and demos DL'd just fine but I couldn't get teh wallpapers.

Did anyone else have any issues?

You're in luck then, because it is third person.

It is actually a lot of fun and I would suggest a rental before writing it off completely.

Ok, then shame on me, i might check that game out. Gonna do some research about it first next time.

How does it control? The video makes it look like the dual stick controls in Blast Factor and SSHD. If that is the case I may pick it up.
Yes, like Robotron as well.

Ok, then shame on me, i might check that game out. Gonna do some research about it first next time.
You might find the following thread to be of some use:
In the first post, besides specific info on the game, you'll also find many links to videos and reviews.

You can also download videos of Warhawk from the PS Stores directly to your PS3.

Warhawk is a game i won't bother to get. I'm not a huge fan of Controller FPS. Or does it have support for Key+Mouse?

He's just talking about the video, not the game. I don't care for Halo but I'd still watch a video of it if its funny.

Looks like the demo for Ratchet & Clank will be coming out tomorrow, and the following content is reportedly coming out over the next couple weeks:
  • Folklore "Kidnapped Folk" Add-on

• PlayStation Eye Games:
    • Aqua Vita
    • Operation: Creature Feature
    • Trials of Topoq
    (an HD trailer showing clips of these games is already available on the PS Store, but it is also available HERE on GameTrailers.com)

• EyeCreate Editing Tool

• Toy Home
I had not heard of Toy Home before, but this is what Sony describes it as:

Toy Home gives a new meaning to the word ‘domino’. You control a toy car and race between the toys in a bedroom. Find your way across a kitchen table, avoid toy soldiers and speed by a model railroad track, in moonlit bedrooms. The goal is to collect coins, find hidden medals, and reach every checkpoint before your time’s up. Every jump, collision, and somersault gets you bonus points, so experiment away! You can play single player or face off against someone else. You can even have multiplayer races online.

Gaming Age has several screen shots of the game. It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Back