Official Playstation Store Thread

I can also vouch for the whole sd vs. hd store thing. I just got a sharp 720p tv, and the store looks so much more professional, and well sorted than it does in sd. The ratchet and clank demo is amazing. Its like a cool run around and beat everything up game, a third person shooter, and just plain fun. The visuals are amazing as well. Must have I think.

Where sis you download the demo?

I got the old game a few years ago and would relly like to download the demo?

It hasn't appeared in the PS3 store, so I am guessing it is not for PAL yet.

Why do you need an hdtv to download the demo??
You don't. I was talking about playing the US demo in a PAL region. If you have a display that can play the US demo you don't need to wait for a PAL region demo, just download it from the NA store. 👍

Oh, why would a display not be able to play it?
NTSC-only TV's can't display PAL signal sources, and vice versa. There are exceptions, but the ability to display signals from other regions has to be specifically added to a TV. This applies only to SDTV, HD is universal.

I found the demo more annoying than fun. The demo does not inspire me to buy the game... ..the EA banter splattered all over the game makes me sick, at least in the demo.

I found the demo more annoying than fun. The demo does not inspire me to buy the game... ..the EA banter splattered all over the game makes me sick, at least in the demo.

Your opinion, mine is different. I will agree with one thing though which is that I think they picked the wrong level to show people to be bought into the game. I still want it though, I think its funny.

Thats why i use the words "I" and "me" :). I only feel that way because of that level. Is it a platformer or action game? I was only stating how the demo influenced me in a negative light. It looks cool and the audio is nice.

Thats why i use the words "I" and "me" :). I only feel that way because of that level. Is it a platformer or action game? I was only stating how the demo influenced me in a negative light. It looks cool and the audio is nice.

I really don't know...I just played it and enjoyed it....:lol:

My thoughts on the demos:

NHL 2k8 - plays fine. Maybe if I liked hockey.... It could be a good game for hockey fans.

Conan - Really? They wanted this to represent the game? At one point the VO even quit working. This was the worst demo to date, in my opinion. I thought all the EA Sports titles were bad, but this takes the cake.

RCF: ToD - Fun. Not mindblowingly awesome, but I think a different level may have been better as I felt thrown into a lot all at once. This is definitely a fun action platformer, but as with most action platformers I would rather rent it and beat it than purchase it.

This is impressive considering that I never played a previous Ratchet and Clank game before and had no clue what upgrades and ammo went to what and I am still unsure of what picking up all the gear did for me, except my gun eventually upgraded. Not having a clue what I was doing, I still had fun. That says a lot.

I also bought Go! Sports Ski and Cash Guns Chaos.

Go! Sports Ski is definitely a fun quick game and decent for $3. I think the controls need a bit of a tweak, but otherwise it definitely plays better than most other games that use the controls.

Cash Guns Chaos is odd, but fun. Now I just wish that I could find out how much time I have left in my level, because I keep beating my targets but then usually end up dying before the time is up. I turned the difficulty down to wuss and at that point it is almost too easy and I find myself getting bored waiting for time to run out. I think I would do better mentally on harder levels if I had an idea of my time remaining. In the words of my wife, "That is disgusting." :D

👍

It went through a few different tables until I finally found these:

"Shuffle-up 'n' Deal!"

Hmmm... makes me wonder when we will see an online poker game for the PS3. :D
So has anyone here played High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition? Was it worth the $10? I'm not a fan of online poker, but I must admit, the video clips looked somewhat amusing:
I was disappointed to see they dropped the support for the PlayStation Eye, but maybe they are planning on adding that feature in an update after the PS Eye is released?

07/10/15,17,18 Japanese PS Store Update

• Game Demos
    • GI Jockey 4
    • Heavenly Sword - Demo #2: "Kai"
    • Imabikisou

• Game Trailers
    • Heavenly Sword - Kai Super Play

I posted specific info on these demos HERE.

07/10/18 UK PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to all European, Middle Eastern, Indian, South Pacific, and Australian regions)

• Games
    • £3.50 CTR: Crash Team Racing
    • £3.50 Everybody's Golf 2 (07/06/21 NA Update - $6)
    • £3.50 Syphon Filter 3

• Game Demos
    • Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (07/06/28 NA Update)

• Game Trailers
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - BTS: Pt1 "The Inspiration" (07/10/04 NA Update - much higher bit rate)

• Movie Trailers
    • Alien Versus Predator - Blu-ray

BTW: The demo for GI Jockey 4 as seen at TGS, has been added to the Japanese store this morning

07/10/18 North American PS Store Update

• Games
    • $5 Calling All Cars (07/05/10 NA Update: $10)

• Game Demos
    • Folklore - “PlayStation Underground”
    • Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

• Game Trailers
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - BTS: Pt2 "Tech Dive"
    • Burnout Paradise - "Steel Wheels"
    • Turok - "Dino Luring"
    • Devil May Cry 4 - TGS Short Trailer

• Movie Trailers
    • Rails & Ties
    • Incubus — Alive at Red Rocks - Blu-ray
    • Underworld - Blu-ray

• Wallpaper
    • Eye of Judgement - 1
    • Eye of Judgement - 2
    • Folklore - 3
    • Folklore - 4

I wish my credit card would work internationally so I could buy Crash Team Racing, that was a fun game!! any idea if this will make it to our store?

I know man. I want Syphon Filter 3. I'll wait it out.

Juiced 2 Demo is probably one the deepest demos with included online play. Sadly playing it is the worst feature of the game. Jerhico comes out next week.

I rented Fear. Fear it and dont buy till its dirt cheap.

(visions of seeing some online all night poker player trolls taking it off....)

:eek:

Curse you.... curse you both.

;)

so yeah I got a Japanese account for obvious reasons and after poking around I was wondering...

WHY DO THEY GET RESIDENT EVIL DC AND WE DONT?!?!?

Well I've tried to get into all five PS3 Regional Stores:
  • Japan
  • Korea
  • Hong Kong, Taiwan, Southeast Asia
  • North America
  • Europe, India, Middle East, Australia, South Pacific
And they are all down, but online gaming still works... which is a sign that they are doing something pretty big to all the stores... although maybe they are just doing a system wide internal software update.

I guess we shall soon find out.

07/10/25 North American PS Store Update

• Applications
    • $0.00 EyeCreate - (07/10/23)

• Games
    • $6.00 Spyro the Dragon

• Game Add-ons
    • $3.00 Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Survival Mode: Rachel Master
    • $0.00 Piyotama - Halloween Skin

• Game Trailers
    • Bionic Commando
    • Time Crisis 4

• Movie Trailers
    • The Water Horse - Theatrical
    • P.S. I Love You - Theatrical
    • AC/DC Live at Donington - Blu-ray
    • Reign Over Me - Blu-ray

• Wallpaper
    • Eye of Judgment - 1
    • Eye of Judgment - 2
    • Eye of Judgment - 3
    • Eye of Judgment - 4
    • Eye of Judgment - 5

07/10/25 UK PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to all European, Middle Eastern, Indian, South Pacific, and Australian regions)

• Applications
    • £0.00 EyeCreate - (NA Update 07/10/23)

• Games
    • £5.00 Pixel Junk Racers
    • £2.00 Aqua Vita
    • £3.50 Operation: Creature Feature
    • £3.50 Trials of Topoq

• Game Add-ons
    • £1.50 Folklore - "Kidnapped Folk"
    • £0.00 MotorStorm - Halloween Livery
    • £3.00 Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Survival Mode: Rachel Master (NA Update 07/10/25)

• Game Demos
    • Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

• Game Trailers
    • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
    • Toy Home
    • Metal Gear Online - TGS 2007
    • Eye of Judgment - Introduction

• Movie Trailers
    • Beowulf - Theatrical
    • Stardust - Theatrical
    • Courage Under Fire - Blu-ray

07/10/25 Hong Kong PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to Taiwan and Southeast Asia regions)

• Game Add-ons
    • HK$24 Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Survival Mode: Rachel Master (NA Update 07/10/25)

• Game Trailers
    • World Soccer: Winning Eleven 2008 (Pro Evolution Soccer 2008) (JP Update 07/10/22)

07/10/25 Japanese PS Store Update

• Game Demos
    • Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (07/10/20)

• GT-TV
    • GT-TV Special - Tokyo Motorshow 2007 (07/10/25)
    • GT-TV Special - Lancer Evolution X (07/10/24)
    • Super GT Climax Digest - Autobac (07/10/21)
    • D1 Grand Prix Series - Top of the Drifting World (07/10/21)
    • Trailer - Best Motoring (07/10/21)

So any idea on why the store was shut down for so long? Has anything actually changed?

ALSO WHEN DO WE GET MORE PS1 GAMES! :)

ALSO WHEN DO WE GET MORE PS1 GAMES! :)
You just did with Spyro the Dragon. I would prefer something else, but there it is.

I would love to see GT1 or GT2 with DFP support, but since the PS1 games are coded for the PSP I doubt we will see them as I imagine they would rather we get whatever their new PSP GT game will be, whenever that will be.

Watching the game trailers I have to wonder if Bionic Commando isn't just a post-apocalyptic combat game on the Spiderman engine. It actually felt like Gears of War (from the one scene of the character actually running on the ground) with Spiderman physics.

As for Time Crisis 4; I love lightgun games. I know a lot of people don't enjoy rail shooters, but I do when they are done properly. And with talk of bonus FPS levels I think this will be a test run to see how an FPS with a lightgun will work. Between this and the Wii Zapper I have a feeling that I will truly enjoy FPSs in the future as I stand in front of my TV taking aim and blasting away.

As for EyeCreate; it would be great if it didn't have to use the PS3 Eye. I enjoy video and photo editing (although I lack a decent photo editor) and if this could just import files that would be great. Anyone that gets this let me know if it will do that.

EDIT: And I was hoping the AC/DC trailer would be like the Incubus one where we got a live performance of one whole song. Too bad, I saved the Incubus trailer.

I had mentioned before how music and videos could be great on the PSN, and if at a fair price I would even buy some. I know I would prefer an HD video over an iTunes sized format. I would be happy with the one song free preview of CDs and BDs.

Does anyone know how big a file R&C ToD is? My internet is slow at the moment, it took well over an hour to download GT5P Demo.

Does anyone know how big a file R&C ToD is? My internet is slow at the moment, it took well over an hour to download GT5P Demo.

It's over a 1GB, I know that. I think it's 1.1, or something.

I'd just get the game. I don't like platformers that much, but this game is A LOT of fun. Never liked the series before, either.

Just curious with those who have the game, what can you purchase with the bolts and gears you collect? I see weapons upgrade on their own. I went to Level 5 on the demo with the blaster gun, whatever it's called. So, what to do with the 'credits?'

It's over a 1GB, I know that. I think it's 1.1, or something.

I'd just get the game. I don't like platformers that much, but this game is A LOT of fun. Never liked the series before, either.

Just curious with those who have the game, what can you purchase with the bolts and gears you collect? I see weapons upgrade on their own. I went to Level 5 on the demo with the blaster gun, whatever it's called. So, what to do with the 'credits?'

Bolts can buy you armor, weapons, and ammo (if you're low). You can also use 'raretanium' to customize (upgrade?) your weapons. The weapons themselves don't 'upgrade' they just gain experience and 'levle up' becoming more powerful and holding more ammo.

Then there's the but tons of stuff you can unlock by getting skill points and awesome funny armor and outfits.

Back