Official Playstation Store Thread

unfortunately the original Warhawk is another case of a game I bought already :indiff:
You could buy it for your PSP, because as I learned last week free and convenient WiFi isn't as easy to find on vacation as one would think.

what are the chances of my ps3 getting a virus from downloading from the internet ? i know this sounds stupid, but i'm just curious.

Has anyone else tried The Club? It certainly feels like a bonus game. If the full $60 game is like the demo its a shame. The graphics are great, the controls are great but it feels like a mini game. I hope there is more to the gameplay than getting combo kills and running o the exit.

what are the chances of my ps3 getting a virus from downloading from the internet ? i know this sounds stupid, but i'm just curious.

Slim and none.

End users do not have access to execute code in any way on a PS3.

Slim and none.

End users do not have access to execute code in any way on a PS3.
Plus, professional game programmers had a huge learning curve in programming for the PS3 (or so they claimed) so general hackers without the dev tools have a much harder learning curve.

You have to remember that viruses are generally system-targeted, in that most of them aim to attack or exploit a Windows process or application, which is why they don't get on Apple computers often, unless someone specifically programs it for an Apple.

So, for the same reason your everyday viruses that will wreak havoc on your Windows PC will not even be able to work on a PS3. I doubt that there are enough console users running around online, outside the game networks, to make writing viruses even worth it. And then if they did, as Solid Fro said, you can't run code on your system that isn't already identified by the PS3 itself. Most likely any virus that did come in would just get labeled unsupported/corrupted data or it won't be allowed to download to the hard drive anyway.

I've never known any virus to be a major threat to the Xbox 360, of all consoles, so I doubt there will be an issue. ;)

Has anyone played the skiing game yet?! I'm a HUGE freestyle skiier and I'd like to know how it is, but I'm a cheap bastard and don't wanna go find a creditcard to buy it...

Has anyone played the skiing game yet?! I'm a HUGE freestyle skiier and I'd like to know how it is, but I'm a cheap bastard and don't wanna go find a creditcard to buy it...
It isn't bad for $3.99 (or is it $2.99?). Anyway, for the price it isn't too bad, but you only have two courses that can be run in clear weather or snowy weather and a few minor customization options for your character. There are three sets of skis that vary in their speed and handling ability.

Oh, and all the controls are done by motion, if that matters to you.

Graphically it isn't too bad for the price. It looks good enough to get my dog barking at the strange man in my living room, and to make my wife sick when I jump off the side of a cliff and do a backflip.

And it also has a couple of slalom modes and a battle mode. It has some online stuff, but I haven't done more than time trials to see how I compare.

Sounds like a buy! I think the motion spinning and flipping is really going to be sick, because It will make corks easier...

nah, I imagine even Sony Employees have to take a holiday at some point or another. I've got more than enough to tide me over though.

It's barely worth posting what the US store got, I think most people will agree this was a weak update unless maybe you have GH3 or RB...

Not really a big deal though since most people are still playing whatever they got for the holidays

It's barely worth posting what the US store got, I think most people will agree this was a weak update unless maybe you have GH3 or RB...

Not really a big deal though since most people are still playing whatever they got for the holidays
Yeah, I nearly forgot to look in my Super Mario Galaxy daze. But I did remember and was disappointed to find.....NFL Tour.

the only curious thing is that GTHD is back on the first page with no apparent changes

It is version 1.2. What was the version that gave us the wheel support?

Maybe they are just trying to remind us we still have something to do other than wait impatiently for Prologue?

It is version 1.2. What was the version that gave us the wheel support?

Maybe they are just trying to remind us we still have something to do other than wait impatiently for Prologue?

it was 1.2 before as well, 1.1 fixed online glitches
2.0 overseas but there is no difference.

Its been quite quiet on PSN reciently... nothing new about and no new demos... seems it will be a dry spell till about March April... I also cant wait for home!

Robin

Its been quite quiet on PSN reciently... nothing new about and no new demos... seems it will be a dry spell till about March April... I also cant wait for home!

Robin

I think NFL street was added yesterday. Haven't bothered with it though.

I haven't bothered with demos recently either mostly due to getting COD4 and GT5P at the same time!

What happened to echochrome? you know that mind bending stick figure game, whens that out?

I would also love to see that PS eye test thing they did coming out as a game where the camera can cut out real life objects (like a banana) and add physics!

Robin

For fans of Sega's Yakuza series, they have posted two demos on the Japanese PSN Store for the upcoming Yakuza 3: Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan
Also, last week they also posted the latest trailer for the game on the Japanese PSN store and it's definitely worth checking out. It's nearly five minutes long and in full HD. The graphics are really impressive, and the character facial emotions are eerily lifelike.

GameTrailers has a copy of this trailer, but the quality isn't nearly as nice as the one on the PSN Store.

I played around with both demos last night and was really impressed. I don't understand Japanese and was unable to find an English translation, but other than the RPG elements, for the most part, much of it was quite intuitive.

I'll post a more detailed menu translation when I get the chance, but basically here are what the demos have to offer. Both demos share the same name, but to distinguish them from each other, they have different thumbnail and XMB title screen pics. You can also tell them apart by the file sizes.

The first one (964 MB) has only one mode, some kind of RPG mission mode within a village.

The second one (839 MB) has several modes:

Courting
  • Basically it appears you have the option of having a dinner date with one of two well endowed geisha like women, and based on your dinner selections and table conversations you will either fail or succeed in earning their "admiration". One thing this mode doesn't lack is plenty of gratuitous cleavage shots. :D
Horseback Archery
  • This is fun once you get the hang of it... but watch out for those fallen trees... they can cause quite a headache. ;)
Board Game
  • The way you play it reminds me of Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero. Basically you have to hit the right buttons in the right sequence and the better you get, the faster it goes.
Combat
  • It starts on a bridge where you are armed with dual samurai swords and must defeat half a doze or so enemies.
  • When you defeat them, the next "stage" is at night in a town square and now you are weaponless and must fight hand-to-hand against several enemies.
  • The next stage is at a temple courtyard, where once more you are armed with two samurai swords against a wide range of opponents including archers.
  • I didn't finish that stage so I'm not sure what follows it. Considering the full game has two additional types of fighting modes, Single Sword and Big Sword, I would not be surprised if following stages offer a sample of those as well.

Bottom line; it's one of, if not the best looking RPG/Action games I've seen and also looks like it has an interesting story and backdrop to go along with it. If Sega decides to make an English version of this game I'm fairly certain I would buy it. 👍

Thanks, I did the blasphemous thing and spent the holidays in the tropics. However, I warned my wife that next year I'm dragging her to tush to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a real Christmas. :D

Thanks, I did the blasphemous thing and spent the holidays in the tropics. However, I warned my wife that next year I'm dragging her to tush to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a real Christmas. :D

decorating palm trees < decorating a real evergreen

welcome back DN

Yet another very disappointing update this week :guilty: We'll need Home Beta soon, ie next week, to cheer us up a bit :sly:
You had me fooled for a sec... thought you were talking about the NA store, but I assume you mean the Euro update as the NA update isn't up yet.

The Euro store update is decent enough:
  • A couple games (N20 and Hardcore 4x4)
  • Another expansion pack for MotorStorm
  • Another free expansion pack for Folklore with a new Folk to find! 👍
  • The second DMC4 trailer from TGS (odd they waited so long to post it)
  • A trailer for PixelJunk Monsters (which looks like fun)
  • A trailer for Bionic Commando
  • Four DMC4 wallpapers.
Also, the Australian PSN store added another music video, Guy Sebastian's reworking of "In the Midnight Hour". I really like most of these music videos, despite not knowing most of the artists. Always nice to discover musicians you've never heard of before. 👍

There are a few videos added to the Japanese store, as well as a new PSN game, Go! Sports Skydiving. I assume this means this will likely be showing up in the NA store soon enough. I downloaded the two trailers for this game off the PSN stores from the last update and it actually looks like it could be a lot of fun.

The Hong Kong store has a nice new trailer for Lost Planet.

All in all, not too shabby, and we still have the NA store update to go.

Back