Official Playstation Store Thread

Not a good way to promote a game by releasing sorry demos. Great waste of bandwith. I tried it and deleted right after exit.

Meh, I liked it, but it was a bit confusing, and if sounds have anything to do with the horribleness you guys say it is, I was playing without it.

From,
Chris.

Anyone have a suggestion on a game for me and my girlfriend? She's not really all that gaming inclined but I don't want to play something that is boring as hell. She wants me to start getting her into game but we really do need to start smaller first and since XBL doesn't really offer much in the Arcade section that I want I thought I would turn to the PS store which seems to have better things to download...also I do not have to deal with the stupid MS Points system and things are in real dollar amounts.

Flow comes to mind. That might qualify as "boring as hell", though, depending on your gaming tastes. But it's simple, easy to pick up, and isn't as frantic as some other PSN titles.

Is it two players? I know she wants us to game together, but if it isn't then I'd still be willing to give it a try even if I find it a bit boring. Thanks for the suggestion though 👍.

yeah it's jump in jump out multiplayer, once you're ready to jump to a full size game try lego star wars the complete saga, good fun for everyone involved if you're into that type of game

You could possibly get SuperStardustHD or blast factor, both easy to learn games (In my opinion) and not too boring (again, In my opinion)

Cool thanks for the suggestions! I actually never thought about Lego Star Wars before.

Cool thanks for the suggestions! I actually never thought about Lego Star Wars before.

I had forgotten about Blast Factor, you have to download the multi player pack but I believe there is now a version that comes with everything available for the game.

Me and my gf have played LSW a fair amount now, and it's certainly a fun game to play on your own as well.

How about Super Rub'a'Dub, simple but fun game and girls seem to like it.

Any Aussies here interested in getting some game sharing going? I was looking to buy Tekken DR and also Super Stardust HD using this feature, as it means I would be able to get them both for around $10 total (If I can get at least two other people who are interested). I think you'd have to be Australian too because I'm not sure if you can share between PSN accounts of different regions.

I'm going back to some old discussions, but I recently did a lot of shopping related to this, so.

That would be excellent because im sure I could download PS3 demos from the computer way faster plus my PC is on much more of the time than the PS3...
Well, after actually doing this for the two PSP demos they had on there my thoughts are this:

If I could download directly to my PC and copy to my memory stick this would be faster. But not only do you have to use their software to download, but doesn't just download, it has to be attached by USB the entire time, and then the download is only about 60% of the process. After that it has to install. All of this must be done through the PSN software while connected by USB. So, on top of the download, everything runs at USB and memory card reading speeds of the PSP, which is slightly slower than HD. And because you have to be connected it isn't just a download and forget it, because I don't have a special space set aside for my PSP to sit safely.

PS one games don't run at 640x480, I think less than 20 ps1 games ever achieved that resolution. PS1 one games look ok to me, better than ever actually. Its just modern games tend to make classic 3D PS1 games look bad. PS3 displays PS1 games in progressive scan making them look better than what they looked like on PSone and PSTwo.
OK, after getting a TV adapter for my PS3 and running games both straight off the PSP and through Remote Play I can say my issue is my 48" projection screen SDTV that is probably closing in on ten years old. Everything looks better and less jaggies on my 32" CRT, which is similar to the TV I originally played these games on. They all look as I remember them.

Still I can deal with bigger jaggies for 48" beauty.

I have the component TV adapter and I'm not sure if it's just me or what, but I can't get the colors or the screen size to look right.
Screen size will only so the two modes based on the TV type you told it you had. For example, I have a 4:3 screen. So I had to tell the PSP it was a 4:3 screen so it would give me bars. So instead of having four modes (full and original for both 4:3 or 16:9) I only get the full or original for 4:3. On my DVD rip test file the widescreen mode would either be scrunched on the sides (full) or a smaller square in the center (original). But square videos were perfectly good in full mode.

If I changed my setting to say I had a 16:9 screen everything was squeezed.

So, I think because it is a native 16:9 screen I believe that it is best to have it on a 16:9 TV.

Of course, my next question is, aside from TVs that have no composite inputs (do they make those?) why make component plugs for a video that won't even be 480i?

Boy, you guys weren't kidding about TUROK; I could only stand it for 10 or 15 minutes.
Even the graphics look old. It really sucks. 👎

Played Fifa Street...... sucked big time! graphics were PS2 passable like with most EA stuff...

Where are all the good demos!!!

NA Store Update

Game Demos
Devil May Cry 4 demo (free)
The Club demo (free)
- Funny thing, I played The Club demo off the EU store a week ago. The first thing that came to9 my mind was Gears of War meets GTA.

Full Games
PixelJunk Monsters PSN game ($7.99) - limited time price - can someone let me know if this is any good?
Jet Moto 2 PS1 game ($5.99)

Game Add-Ons
Folklore "Create A Creature winner" add-on (free)
Stranglehold map-pack add-on ($14.99)
Stranglehold: Collector's Edition map-pack add-on ($14.99)

These are the same packs,. but you have to make sure you get the one that matches whether you have Collector's Edition or standard.

Rock Band
  • "Oasis" song pack ($5.49)
  • Oasis' "Don't Look Back In Anger" ($1.99)
  • Oasis' "Live Forever" ($1.99)
  • Oasis' "Wonderwall" ($1.99)
I hope you "rockers" like Oasis. :yuck:

Need For Speed ProStreet "Premium Car Bundle 1" add-on pack ($5.99)
Need For Speed ProStreet "Premium Car Bundle 2" add-on pack ($5.99)

Game Videos
Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds "Stevie Williams Skater Profile" video (free)

B]Movie Trailers[/B]
Dragon Wars
Step Up 2

Themes
PixelJunk Monsters Theme
Lemmings Theme

EU Store Update

Full Games
PixelJunk Monsters full game (£3.49/€4.99) - I don't know if this is also a limited time price.
Judge Dredd PS1 game (£3.49/€4.99)

Game Videos
CIV Revolution trailer (free)

Themes
Call of Duty 4 PS3 theme (free)

Wallpapers
5 Call of Duty 4 wallpapers (free)

I'm assuming this is the same club demo EU got?

damn them for adding all the ps1 games I've already bought!! (jet moto2)

I'll probably buy it anyways since my copy seems to have sound track issues and I want to play it on the PSP anyways

Oooooo the DMC4 demo, this I am going to have to get. Thanks for the heads up FK 👍!

NA Store Update

Game Demos
Devil May Cry 4 demo (free)
The Club demo (free)
- Funny thing, I played The Club demo off the EU store a week ago. The first thing that came to9 my mind was Gears of War meets GTA.

That sounds great! Gears of War and GTA..... what a combination!

Thanks for the list 👍

Robin

I made an update the the NA store because it wasn't listed on my sources but I saw them when I went online last night.

Movie Trailers
Dragon Wars
Step Up 2

Themes
PixelJunk Monsters Theme
Lemmings Theme

I'm assuming this is the same club demo EU got?
Don't know, I set it up to DL before I went to bed just in case.

damn them for adding all the ps1 games I've already bought!! (jet moto2)

I'll probably buy it anyways since my copy seems to have sound track issues and I want to play it on the PSP anyways
I need to check one of these out. Personally, I want Hydro Thunder.

That sounds great! Gears of War and GTA..... what a combination!
Yeah, kind of. I say GTA because it is gang/criminal underground related, but not the wide open level kind of thing.

Basically the premise is that The Club is a criminal organization that has these Running Man style competitions. You get dropped into an arena with a weapon and you have to kill as many guys as quickly as possible and get to the exit. It is almost like Twisted Metal on foot. The control scheme and look felt very much like Gears of War. Based on the EU demo it may be a rental because it caught my eye but didn't make me want to rush out and get it.

So what are your reviews on DMC 4? Haven't played it yet.
Well, it was fun. Two modes: One is a timed kill as many guys as you can and get as far as possible within 10:00 mode and the other was a beat a small level going into a boss fight mode.

I enjoyed it. The controls were simple but effective. I had never played any of the past titles, but now I want to go back and try them all out.

Unlike many demos this actually makes me want to at least check out the full game.

Well, it was fun. Two modes: One is a timed kill as many guys as you can and get as far as possible within 10:00 mode and the other was a beat a small level going into a boss fight mode.

I enjoyed it. The controls were simple but effective. I had never played any of the past titles, but now I want to go back and try them all out.

Unlike many demos this actually makes me want to at least check out the full game.

I didnt like it that much actually, not at all my genre by the way. One game that did catch my interest that way was Skate. I didn't even think of buying Skate before i played the demo. Now it's one of the absolute best games I own.

I didn't really like DMC4; it looks almost exactly like the PS2 games did and still has that really corny Japanese-translation effect.

The Club is even worse. The controls are sloppy, the characters are just silly, and there is no skill involved while playing. Has SEGA ever made/published a good game?

I didnt like it that much actually, not at all my genre by the way. One game that did catch my interest that way was Skate. I didn't even think of buying Skate before i played the demo. Now it's one of the absolute best games I own.
Different tastes. I didn't like Skate-----well, any skating games. As you said, not my genre.

Has SEGA ever made/published a good game?
Nuh-huh, NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

I just heard the entire board gasp.

outrun.png

alex%20kidd_qjpreviewth.jpg

after_burner.png

sonic2_1.jpg

And I can go on with titles like Shinobi, Virtua fighter, Virtua Tennis, etc.

I didn't really like DMC4; it looks almost exactly like the PS2 games did and still has that really corny Japanese-translation effect.

You mean art direction right? I think thats the only thing holding it back is the art direction. All Capcom games seem to stick with similar art direction.

Back