Official Playstation Store Thread

You mean art direction right? I think thats the only thing holding it back is the art direction. All Capcom games seem to stick with similar art direction.

I guess so, in terms of having the same monochromatic gothic style? then yes.

You can't even control the camera, so you see what they want you to see. The worlds are really cramped and not impressive in the least. Even Turok at least felt kind of better in the same regard.

I mean post-1990. :lol:
I still play the Virtua Tennis 3 demo, Armored Core 4 seems to be good amongst those into the genre, I haven't played Virtua Fighter 5 yet but it looks good, I loved Crazy Taxi, they have a couple of great looking PC games, and......

House of the Dead
C'mon!!!

I'm kind of psyched to get House of the Dead 2&3 coming to the Wii.

All that said, they seem to have the rights to a number of movie-based games. :ouch:

I guess so, in terms of having the same monochromatic gothic style? then yes.

You can't even control the camera, so you see what they want you to see.
Are we still talking about DMC4? I could move the camera, except on certain platforms, which admittedly made no sense.

I do have to admit though, watching the DMC4 FMV sequences I was quickly reminded of Final Fantasy, what with the big hair and humorously long sword and all.

did you guys downloaded the new Pixel junkies game? its really awesome.. me and my brother got hooked to tower defense game we play till 3 am from 10pm lol wroth those 8 buks :) loads of fun

did you guys downloaded the new Pixel junkies game? its really awesome.. me and my brother got hooked to tower defense game we play till 3 am from 10pm lol wroth those 8 buks :) loads of fun

I haven't yet but ive been meaning to (as in the demo if there is one?), as long as its better than pixel junk racers which in my eyes was junk!

Robin

I have been waiting to see what someone thought of it or to get a demo. I bet they wait until the price goes up to $9.99 before giving me a demo.

I'll have to check You Tube for some good solid gameplay footage.

So whats new in the store this week? Haven't been able to touch the PS3 in 2 weeks because of work.

I have been waiting to see what someone thought of it or to get a demo. I bet they wait until the price goes up to $9.99 before giving me a demo.

I'll have to check You Tube for some good solid gameplay footage.

If your are talking about Monsters, the Japanese store has an English language demo on it to download. Its quite a fun little game, so get a Japanese account and take a look.

👍

Scaff

Lost Planet has a demo on the US PSN store.. its a multiplayer demo and apparently people are saying that its broken and rubbish..

Anyone tried it yet?

Robin

Lost Planet has a demo on the US PSN store.. its a multiplayer demo and apparently people are saying that its broken and rubbish..

Anyone tried it yet?

Robin

it is broken and rubbish, impossible to start a game

I finally got online, everyone I played with was noobish, and how slow are the characters?

Wouldn't pretty much anyone who played it count as a noob? If they are a vet at the game before the demo even came out why would they waste their time playing this demo 👎

I know that, but they looked like they hadn't even looked at a tps before, much less played one.

Anyway, the only rooms I could get into were Japanese ones, and the demo is still up at the Japanese store.

From,
Chris.

It was just added to the US store, again, I guess. It still sucks. I couldn't join a game at all. Either the rooms were full or the room was no longer available. I found one that was available, after about 10 minutes of trying, but I couldn't connect to it.

Done.

Deleting.

Anybody else?

Am I the only one (now) that updates stuff in here?

US STORE UPDATE

Add-on Content:
  • PAIN: Skurv Dogg Character ($.99)
  • Rock Band DLC (and patch if you need to)
  • Guitar Hero III -- No Doubt Track Pack ($6.25): Featuring Don't Speak, Excuse Me Mr. and Sunday Morning

Game Videos:

• MLB 08 The Show Music Video
  • MLB 08 The Show Blog Video
  • NBA 08 Amare Stoudmire Bio
  • Condemned 2: Bloodshot Trailer 1
  • Lost Planet Trailer 2

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers:

• Star Trek Teaser Trailer

PS3 Themes:

• PAIN: Skurv Dogg Theme (Free)

PS3 Wallpaper:

• Rocketman: Axis of Evil (Free)

PC Store (for PSP):

• Patapon Trailer
  • Secret Agent Clank Trailer

Also, I think they discounted all the classic games, like Rampage, Q-Bert, Joust, and Mortal Kombat II to $4.99.

I bought Rampage and Mortal Kombat II. I already have Q-Bert. I just wasn't ever a big Joust fan (plus I have it on my PC, legally)

EU STORE UPDATE
Don't hurt me, I didn't do it.

• Conflict: Denied Ops "Dev Diary 4" trailer (free)
  • Haze "Boss Speech" trailer (free)

Well i'm happy about the Nine Inch Nails songs for Rock Band, but this was a kinda lame update...

Well yet again EU update is a bit lacking, but at least they gave us a nice trailer of Wipeout HD. the Chinese and Japanese stores have got a Demo of Echochrome which is neat but very hard, as I play with inverted controls and I'm unable to invert them. but looks nice and its a small demo and best of all the voice over is in English so its easy to understand.

Just had a quick go on the HK Echochrome demo and I have to say I love it, this is one PSN game I will most certainly be getting when its released.

Scaff

same here, I think I also downloaded a PSP Demo, I transfered it but have yet to try it out on my PSP.

EDIT: Jet Moto 3 was there right? and now it's gone? Or am I just hallucinating the whole thing?

Jet Moto 3 was there, but its no where to be found, it may have had some bugs. But I have it for PSP and it plays fine and crashed just once.

US STORE UPDATE

Downloadable Games
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil (free demo, $9.99 full game)
Join Nick Sion, Alec Mink and the rest of the Alliance of Free Planets in their white-knuckled, frenzied struggle to free the Solar System from the tyrannical grip of Lord Invictus and the Legion of Terra! With its distinctive cel-shaded art style, engaging storyline, RPG elements and non-stop action, this shooter promises to keep players coming back for more!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 124 MB

Add-on Game Content
Guitar Hero III: Modern Metal Track Pack ($6.25)
“Almost Easy” as performed by Avenged Sevenfold, “The Arsonist” as performed by Thrice, “Hole in the earth” as performed by Deftones. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com
File size: 46.2 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. Rock Band Grateful Dead Pack 1 includes all six songs. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

“Casey Jones” -Grateful Dead ($1.99)
“Sugar Magnolia” -Grateful Dead ($1.99)
“Truckin’” - Grateful Dead ($1.99)
“Franklin’s Tower” - Grateful Dead ($1.99)
“I Need A Miracle” - Grateful Dead ($1.99)
“China Cat Sunflower” - Grateful Dead ($1.99)
Grateful Dead Pack 1 ($9.99) File sizes: 21.4 MB - 36.5 MB (singles), 175 MB (Track Pack).

Game Videos
NBA Ballers: The Chosen One Trailer
Live the Game. Play the Life.
File size: 30 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers
Hancock Theatrical Trailer (free)
There are heroes… there are superheroes… and then there’s Hancock (Will Smith). With great power comes great responsibility – everyone knows that – everyone, that is, but Hancock.
File size: 21 MB (SD), 78 MB (HD), 103 MB (1080)

21 Theatrical Trailer
Every year Vegas takes people for millions. On March 28 Ben Campbell is going to get it all back.
File size: 31 MB (SD), 115 MB (HD), 153 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes
Lost Planet Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Lost Planet theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 2.37 MB

PS3 Wallpaper
(3) Condemned 2: Bloodshot wallpaper (free)
Customize the background of your PS3 system with this new Condemned 2: Bloodshot Wallpaper.
File size: 817 KB - 1.91 MB

US PC STORE UPDATE

Downloadable Games
*flOw ($7.99)
*Ape Escape: On the Loose ($14.99)

Game Videos (free)
* God of War Chains of Olympus Trailer
* Ape Escape On the Loose behind the scenes #1
* Ape Escape On the Loose behind the scenes #2

PSP Wallpaper (free)
* Ape Escape On the Loose wallpaper
* Warriors Orochi Wallpaper (x6)

EUROPEAN STORE UPDATE

Add-On Content
flOw expansion pack (£1.99/€2.99)
Guitar Hero III "No Doubt" track pack (£3.99/€5.99)

Game Trailers
Oblivion: Shivering Isles trailer (free)
WipEout HD trailer (free)
Uncharted "DJ Shadow" trailer (free)

Themes
Graffiti theme (free)

Movie Trailers
The Pursuit of Happyness Blu-Ray trailer (free)
Reign Over Me Blu-Ray trailer (free)
Perfect Stranger Blu-Ray trailer (free)

Also, if anyone wants a PSP demo of Echochrome PSP Fanboy has your hook-up.
http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/03/06/echochrome-downloadable-demo/

So, I tried the Rocketmen demo. Uh, no thanks. The voices kept dropping out and what not and as it looked like it was just a case of playing through the game on a timed basis then that does not bode well for the final game.

Plus, there was more talking with comic book style panes than there was playing. The flow is very unsmooth.

And I watched the Hancock trailer. That seemed kind of funny. Or it could bomb. It will be a wait and see.

Hmmmm.... A bit dissapointing, but not too bad, I suppose. Not a lot of content I'm interested in checking out.

[Waits patiently for next update]

;)

Back