Official Playstation Store Thread

Also had some new stranglehold maps for €14.99, hope the COD4 maps dont cost that much or dont cost anything at all but i'd say the will.

They are saying that with COD4 not going to last much longer (apparently) and with everyone moving on to RSV2 they would be mad to charge people for something thats 'old news' they are saying these packs should have come out ages ago!

I hope its like xbox live where if you wait for like a month after you get them for free, im not going to pay for them, especially if they are like £15...

Robin

I've been downloading Pain characters like crazy. Wish they would come out with some more maps though.

;)

Bit late on the update info. Sorry, I took two days off for NCAA tournament fun. I wasn't sober enough to make a proper post. But now that I am here it is:

US PS STORE UPDATE

Add-On Content
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 "Maxed out player" add-on ($2.49)
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 "Turnberry Golf Resort" add-on (free)
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 "Doral Golf Resort, Blue Monster Course" add-on ($4.99)

Rock Band DLC
  • At The Gates' "Blinded By Fear" ($1.99)
  • Evile's "Thrasher" ($1.99)
  • The Haunted's "D.O.A" ($1.99)

Game Demos
Condemned 2: Bloodshot demo (free)
SEGA Superstars Tennis demo (free)

Game Videos
MotorStorm 2 Teaser Trailer (free)
Eye of Judgment "Set 2" Trailer (free)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Japan Intro Movie (free)
Ape Quest PS3 Spec Trailer (free)
Turning Point Trailer (free)
Soul Calibur Character Reveal Trailer (free)
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Launch Trailer (free)

Blu-Ray Movie Trailers
Gattaca movie trailer (free)
Sleuth movie trailer (free)

PC STORE FOR PSP

Games
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee ($10.99)

Game Demos
Flatout: Head On Demo (Free)

Game Videos
Patapon Q&A Video (Free)
Hot Shots Golf: OT® BTS Video 1 (Free)
Hot Shots Golf: OT® BTS Video 2 (Free)

Game Trailers
Ape Quest™ Trailer (Free)

PSP Wallpapers
Ape Quest™ Wallpaper 1
Ape Quest™ Wallpaper 2
Ape Quest™ Wallpaper 3

PSP Themes
Ape Quest™ Theme

EU PS STORE UPDATE
painps3.jpg

FEEL THE PAIN EDITION

PSN Games
PAIN full game (£4.99)

Add-On Content
PAIN "Muffy" add-on (£0.69)
PAIN "Cookie" add-on (£0.69)
PAIN "Hung-Lo" add-on (£0.69)
PAIN "Santa" add-on (£0.69)
PAIN "Scurv Dogg" add-on (£0.69)
PAIN "Ginger" add-on (£0.69)
PAIN "Fun with Explosives" add-on (free)
Stranglehold map pack (£9.99)

Game Trailers
MotorStorm 2 trailer (free)

Enjoy Pain guys.

Hmmm.... Not a whole lot. I was really hoping for some other Pain maps. I already have all the characters. They've been out in the US for a while.

;)

Hmmm.... Not a whole lot. I was really hoping for some other Pain maps. I already have all the characters. They've been out in the US for a while.
I have a feeling that with even American members complaining that EU gamers didn't have pain yet that the new level got deprioritized.

They have their own blog where they occasionally post updates. http://pain.us.playstation.com/

The new indoor theme park level is in the works.

I am guessing these levels take time as everything must be interactive and work properly with the physics engine. It looks cartoonish, but I am betting visual design is the least of their worries. Plus, you have to find a way to work in dirty jokes, like making the doctor give you the finger or changing the name on the Hotel Coral Essex.

Now that I actually have the money for Jet Moto 3 they take it away :(
You could always go to the Playstation blog and complain there. They actually seem to respond fairly well to legitimate questions and comments. Reading through them surprises me sometimes.

Good to hear. I was sure they were working on a new map. It's nice to get some confirmation though. Thanks, mate! 👍

;)

Good to hear. I was sure they were working on a new map. It's nice to get some confirmation though. Thanks, mate! 👍
They announced it at launch, by way of a billboard in the game that said Coming Soon!. Usually it is on the one on the wall behind the bowling alley. It switches between that and the High Velocity Bowling ad.

The Condemed 2 demo is so bad. But i expected as much as soon as the SEGA logo popped up while the game was loading. :P

Oooo, stuff spawns behind me, scaryyyy!1

EU store has been updated, definitely the latest ever! Heres the contents:
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (who seen that coming!!!!)
Reel Fishing
Turok Maps Pack
UT3 Map Pack
Biolith Rebellion Set 2
UEFA EURO 2008 Demo
and a few new trailers.

Pretty good update even without Prologue compared to the last few updates.

Been waiting on Europe.

US PS STORE UPDATE

Downloadable Games
flOw bundle ($8.99)

Warhawk limited-time discount ($29.99 for 2 weeks until 4/15)
If you haven't bought it get it now. Also update v1.3 is coming out for free with new vehicles and weapons.

Add-on Game Content
TUROK Multiplayer Map Pack 1 ($4.99)
High Stakes: Poker Edition camera add-on (free) - this should prove interesting for online
Unreal Tournament 3 Map Pack (free) - wow, free maps.

Rock Band DLC
  • “More Than A Feeling” - Boston ($1.99)
  • “Hitch A Ride” - Boston ($1.99)
  • “Peace of Mind” - Boston ($1.99)
  • “Rock and Roll Band” - Boston ($1.99)
  • “Smokin’” - Boston ($1.99)
  • “Something About You” - Boston ($1.99)
  • Boston Pack 01 ($9.99)
This should make Rock Band a lot more fun, in my opinion.

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 42 Downloadable songs ($1.50 each)
If you want the song list see a psychologist click the linked header (the large blue letters at the top)

Game Videos
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Mars Volta Video
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Thin Lizzy Video
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Weezer Video
YAY!!!!
Warhawk Update v1.3 Trailer
GTA IV Trailer 4
Winter X Games ‘08 Play the Pros
God of War: Chains of Olympus - TV spot
PURE Gameplay Trailer
PURE CG Trailer

Music Video(s)
Wyclef’s “Fast Car” Music Video (limited time only)
This actually uses Burnout Paradise footage. I'm not typically a Wyclef fan, but this was pretty decent.

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Fall 2007 TV Spot

PS3 Themes
Eye of Judgment Theme

PS3 Wallpaper
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots SNEAK OUT Wallpapers

PSP PC STORE

Game Demos
R-Type Command Demo (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Videos
God of War Chains of Olympus TV Spot
GT5 Prologue Weezer Video
GT5 Prologue Mars Volta Video
GT5 Prologue Thin Lizzy
GTA IV Trailer 4
Winter X Games ‘08 Play the Pros
Wyclef’s “Fast Car” Music Video
(limited time only)

PSP Themes
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

PSP Wallpaper
R-Type Command Wallpapers (x3)

EU PS STORE UPDATE
psnnothingtoseehere425.jpg

Really, there is nothing. What are you expecting, Gran Turismo or something?

OK, that was true last night though.

Downloadable Games
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue full game (£24.99/€39.99)
Jealous...

PS1 Games for PS3/PSP
Reel Fishing PS1 game (£3.49/€4.99)
So, I guess they had to give Europe a "screw you" somehow.

Add-On Content
Eye of Judgment "Set 2" expansion pack (£6.99/€9.99)
Unreal Tournament 3 map pack (free)
Turok map pack (£1.99)

Game Demos
UEFA Euro 2008 demo (free)

Game Videos
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue TV trailer (free)
Dark Sector "Veggie Abuse" Trailer (free)
4 Dark Sector webisodes (free)
Everybody's Golf: World Tour trailer (free)
Eye of Judgment Set 2 trailer (free)
Dynasty Warriors 6 "Q & A" trailer (free)

The Condemed 2 demo is so bad. But i expected as much as soon as the SEGA logo popped up while the game was loading. :P

Oooo, stuff spawns behind me, scaryyyy!1

I think it's pretty OK, but I didn't get past the roof part. I liked the first one on PC with my quick save. :D

Wasn't the downloadable version of GT5P suppose to be (slightly) cheaper than the Blu-Ray version?
They're exactly the same price, €39,99...

Wasn't the downloadable version of GT5P suppose to be (slightly) cheaper than the Blu-Ray version?
They're exactly the same price, €39,99...
Only wishers and rumormongers said it would be cheaper. They have quoted the same price from day one.

Revamped PS3 Store "will no longer use the PS3 browser"

The revamped PlayStation 3 Store "will no longer use the PS3 web browser", a Sony source has told Eurogamer.

Due to launch in mid-April, the Store features a slick new front-end and our source says it's an improvement in other areas too.

"It will cache all images properly and is much faster than the old one," he says.

We were also told that the Store "will require everyone to upgrade to 2.30 [firmware]," which Sony has yet to talk about publicly.

The new Store, officially confirmed earlier today, was drawn up in response to feedback from the PAL PS3 community.

Sony plans to launch it in mid-April and will not be updating the Store with new content until it has done so.

Heres some screens of the "slick new front end"..... looks pretty much the same to me.....what they really need to improve is the CONTENT!

ss_preview_2New_store_Categories.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_1ANew_store_homepage_1.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_3New_store_action_adventure_selected.jpg.jpg

EDIT: Tree'd. That's what I get for working mid-posting.

The Playstation store is getting the promised revamp. No content for two weeks though.

This is for both EU and NA
So don't ask.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/31/new-playstation-store-interface-coming-in-mid-april/

This morning, SCEA announced that the PLAYSTATION Store will be revamped with a new look in mid-April. We’ve heard your calls for a more fluid Store interface, and we think you’ll be pleased with the results.

As some of the most passionate and knowledgeable PLAYSTATION 3 fans out there, here’s some additional information on the revamped PLAYSTATION Store.

2376548231_e0e3384485.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot, the new interface allows customers to browse through eight primary categories, rather than four, making it easier to locate games, demos, game add-ons and other content. It also enables us to put up to twice as many items per page, significantly cutting down the time it takes to browse through content.

Customers will be able to access, browse, shop and download content as usual prior to the store’s re-opening. However, no additional downloadable content will be posted prior to then, including this Thursday, April 3rd, and next Thursday, April 10th. Regularly scheduled content updates will resume with the Store’s re-opening, at which time additional games and game-related items will be added, including the downloadable version of the highly-anticipated exclusive PS3 title Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

When the PLAYSTATION Store is set to re-open with the new interface, PS3 users will be prompted to download a firmware update which will enable entry to the new store.

We’ll continue to update readers of the PlayStation.Blog on the status of the PLAYSTATION Store upgrade – including a video walkthrough – in the coming days.

It appears as if this is will be having a huge launch for NA too as GT5: Prologue and Warhawk: Broken Mirror will be available on the 17th. I assume that it will be available in Europe as well.

Also, if you click my link read down to comment 12 you will see this:
Noel Silvia replied on March 31, 2008 at 10:04 am

The new Store will no longer be browser based in the same way the current Store is, making things A LOT faster and smoother; hence the required firmware update.

On the back end, this switch in systems means having to port all of the current code over to the new Store, and, since the new Store is less “texty” and more “visual”, it also means having to create a whole bunch of new art assets just for this Store.
We appreciate everyone understanding that these things take time, and appreciate everyone’s patience. We’re just as excited about the new Store as you are!
Hope this helped to answer your question!
So, I can only assume that this means it will be more stable. 👍

Yeah, i have to say finding stuff on this is horrible. The images load incredibly slow.

I hope they'll add a search function, that would be cool.

Im surprised they didnt go all XMB on us and do the store in the same style.. seeing as Sony loves using it on everything!

I'd hate to be anyone downloading GT5P on release day. Not only will Sony's servers be aching from firmware, hundreds of thousands will probably be trying to get GT5P at once.

Don't know if this has already been posted or not but its worth mentioning anyway. There is a demo of Echochrome on the Japan PSN Store and it is FANTASTIC!!! I remember seeing a video of it from E3 and thinking that it looked awesome and it is. The animation is very simple but extremely effective. It's like your little person is walking around in an optical illusion where you control the perspective! ahhh.... gorgeous... I seriously can't wait for this game to show up on the US PSN store... and sorry again if this is old news for you guys... im just so stoked!!!

Don't know if this has already been posted or not but its worth mentioning anyway. There is a demo of Echochrome on the Japan PSN Store and it is FANTASTIC!!! I remember seeing a video of it from E3 and thinking that it looked awesome and it is. The animation is very simple but extremely effective. It's like your little person is walking around in an optical illusion where you control the perspective! ahhh.... gorgeous... I seriously can't wait for this game to show up on the US PSN store... and sorry again if this is old news for you guys... im just so stoked!!!
You are a few weeks behind there, Cheef. But was that version in English? Because the Hong Kong store had one that was labeled "English Version." The Hong Kong store also had a demo of it for the PSP.

Shucks... well I guess thats what happens when school gets busy! The Japan version, although all words are written in japanese, has english audio instructions. There is also a psp demo if i remember correctly.

Back