Official Playstation Store Thread

Sigh....

I don't think they get crappy service, crappy service is when something doesn't work right or they get no help for something that doesn't work. There are many other things to do with a PS3 then be grumpy over small updates. To me its just a blog post.

Its only because you get the cool updates and we only get the scraps. Maybe its not much, but atleast give us more than 1 stupid trailer and an theme.:grumpy:

+1:tup: I see no reason why anything but a very very small selection of content needs to be different between the US and EU stores...

I'm annoyed with the treatment that SCEE are giving Europe completely. During the first few weeks of me owning a PS3 the updates were alright we got about 2-3 actual demos and then a couple of videos and maybe some game packs. Now we get barely anything, I don't see why things for America can't be immediately put onto the EU store. It's mad and gets me incredibley annoyed with it all.

Sigh....

I don't think they get crappy service, crappy service is when something doesn't work right or they get no help for something that doesn't work. There are many other things to do with a PS3 then be grumpy over small updates. To me its just a blog post.
Small updates are one thing but when you look at a few other issues it looks really bad.

Some big issues I see:

The new EU store is less intuitive, no section for demos, so they still have to search through multiple links to find what they want.

PAIN! was delayed for EU by months. To the point that fans were practically screaming.

Rock Band was delayed by nearly a year (Less to do with SCEA, I know) and the cost of the boxed set is equivalent to nearly $300 US.

Many games are delayed for EU by weeks to months.

I think the bigger issue is more that Sony is now dealing with this online global market and still treating everything regionally. Japan obviously gets the better treatment overall (just look at their list of demos and PSOne games compared to everyone else). In comparison to SCEJ, SCEA is holding back, and then in comparison to SCEA, SCEE is barely doing anything.

If I were in Europe I would grumble too. Their games are more expensive, despite monetary conversion saying they should be cheaper, things come late, if at all, and their services are not kept up to the same standards.

I thought Metal Gear Online was coming out for the US today too?
If you want to do MGO Beta in the US you have to preorder MGS4, and then you will get a disc and code that will allow you to join in. At least that is how I understand it.

I'm annoyed with the treatment that SCEE are giving Europe completely. During the first few weeks of me owning a PS3 the updates were alright we got about 2-3 actual demos and then a couple of videos and maybe some game packs. Now we get barely anything, I don't see why things for America can't be immediately put onto the EU store. It's mad and gets me incredibley annoyed with it all.
The only thing I can figure when it comes to demos and whatnot is that SCEE has realized people are doing multiple regional PSN accounts and they just decided to not waste their server space and bandwidth when the US and JPN can handle the load.

Personally, I would love to see Sony step up and get this under control so that differences between regions are, at most, language related only.

If you want to do MGO Beta in the US you have to preorder MGS4, and then you will get a disc and code that will allow you to join in. At least that is how I understand it.

Not necessarily.

If you are part of the Playstation Underground, you can sign up for the code. You have to keep checking back to see when the next batch of codes are released, and it's first come first serve.

;)

OK, so last week I bought two add-on packs. I got the Warhawk Broken Mirror expansion and the Super Stardust HD Solo expansion. Both are awesome, before anyone asks.

I think there has been a change to how add-ons are done in the store though in order to relieve the servers a bit. First, I know Warhawk put in an online store with their first expansion. After this expansion SSHD does as well. Other PSN games, such as PAIN! also have them. I just thought they were a way to get expansions that you didn't see in the store.

That was until I did these updates. Warhawk: Broken Mirror was only a 55MB download. Impressive considering the first one was in the area of 150-200MB. SSHD: Solo was only 128KB. Extremely impressive for four new singleplayer modes.

Now, last week I went into Warhawk and as I loaded up it told me a new version needs to be downloaded and installed. I didn't think anything of this, other than that would be two server-side updates within almost a week. I just assumed the first one created new bugs. But it did seem big at over 200MB.

Last night I load up SSHD. It also says a new version is available and needs to be downloaded. This is 158MB, which I realize should be about the size of my recently purchased expansion.

So, my question is this: Are expansions for PSN products now only giving a small install file from the PS Store, which then accesses a game-dedicated update server to do the full download? This would make sense that the new store does this so that the server is not bogged down. It could also explain why my store downloads went at a much faster rate than before.

Or it could just be a coincidence that both my games had an update immediately after I purchased expansions for them?

Hmm, I dont know, as I havent downloaded any expansions lately, but I am thinking of purchasing the SSHD one. BUT, that really would make a lot of sense so as to relive a lot of the traffic on the PS store. Hmm. Anyone else downloaded an expansion lately?

EDIT: I just downloaded the Solo expansion pack for SSHD, and it automatically worked, it was a 227 kb download. I downloaded it, and promptly booted up the game, and it didnt need to download any kind of update at all. So I guess that it just was a coincidence. Also, I did have to update the game a few days ago. I forgot about that. So it probably was just a coincidence.

Haha, yea I have to agree. Its just such a good little game. I love the custom soundtrack. Makes it all the more enjoyable.

Wow I can't believe I didn't know they had PS1 games on the store, just downloaded Coolboarders and Syphon Filter. I think I'm going to get Destruction Derby and Jet Moto as well just to take me back to when I was far younger.

Also got PAIN!, which is pretty fun. Me and Kate played it for about an hour.

Wow I can't believe I didn't know they had PS1 games on the store, just downloaded Coolboarders and Syphon Filter. I think I'm going to get Destruction Derby and Jet Moto as well just to take me back to when I was far younger.

Also got PAIN!, which is pretty fun. Me and Kate played it for about an hour.
In your defense of the PS1 games, they aren't exactly announced. I have a good number of them, and a few copied on to my PSP.

They also have some classics likes Lemmings, Q-Bert, and Mortal Kombat II.

PAIN! is a blast. Be sure to check the PAIN! thread, as I am attempting to keep all upcoming news posted in there.

Is there any word on upcoming PS1 games? I know you say they aren't really announced but there must be a speculation article or two floating around out there.There are so many I remember from my youth that I would love to play again. Also, I'm hoping for an original Gran Turismo release, but that's probably just a dream, eh?

I am just happy I found these, although as Kate pointed out last night, I spend $600 on a game system to play 10-12 year old games that I could have gotten at a garage sale. I guess she doesn't understand the nostalgia of it all.

Is there any word on upcoming PS1 games? I know you say they aren't really announced but there must be a speculation article or two floating around out there.There are so many I remember from my youth that I would love to play again. Also, I'm hoping for an original Gran Turismo release, but that's probably just a dream, eh?
If they gave us an original GT1 or GT2 game I would be in heaven as I could play it on my PSP without considering custom firmware.

But with them still talking about a GT Mobile game I wonder if they don't want to risk people playing a classic that they love so much they don't want to get a less quantity updated PS2 quality game for $40.

But, no I have only ever heard of one PS1 game in advance and that was the original Warhawk that coincided with the Omega Dawn expansion.

It isn't like Virtual Console games where they existed pre-ESRB so just watching ratings boards' Web sites will tell you what is coming, because these are direct disc copies of games that are already rated. No rerating required. So, the most easily accessed preview list for VC games is useless in this case.

I am just happy I found these, although as Kate pointed out last night, I spend $600 on a game system to play 10-12 year old games that I could have gotten at a garage sale. I guess she doesn't understand the nostalgia of it all.
Just tell her you could have paid $300 for a console with a new innovative control system just to buy a $20 classic style controller so you could play 20-30 year old games that you pay $5-$20 for.

But then girls seem to think it is a great deal to play Mario games again.

EDIT: With the Playstation Network cards coming though you will be able to get some of the Japanese PS1 games, which is a much, much more extensive list.

Just tell her you could have paid $300 for a console with a new innovative control system just to buy a $20 classic style controller so you could play 20-30 year old games that you pay $5-$20 for.

But then girls seem to think it is a great deal to play Mario games again.

You mean a Wii? I have one of those as well :embarrassed:. It's a great little system and that's what she like to play most of the time. I have quite a few classic games for it as well. And with the 360 I have bought a couple original Xbox games. For whatever reason I just love older games and it's thrilled me to death to know I can get them now.

Iron Man Demo
COD4 Map Pack
Rockband DLC (Motley Crue, Judas Priest)
Echochrome Demo
GHIII DLC (Def Leppard)
PSP Game Kingdom of Paradise
PS1/PS3 Game R-Types
Army of Two Add on
PSP Game LocoRoco

Gt5 wallpapers
Resistance 2 teaser trailer
Prototype, FIFA, GT5, and Iron Man game videos

Yes there is, ESRB list new and updated ratings and Warhawk, R-Types, Jetmoto 3, Spyro and a few others were discovered through the ESRB ratings well before there release.👍

US PS STORE UPDATE

PS one Classics for PS3 / PSP
R-Types ($5.99)

Add-on Game Content
THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT: Biolith Rebellion 2 (Expansion Set Two) ($14.99)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack ($9.99)
Army of Two SSC Challenge Map Pack ($7.49)
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore downloadable songs ($1.49 each)
Rock Band
  • “Saints of Los Angeles” - Mötley Crüe ($0.99)
  • “Screaming for Vengeance” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “(Take These) Chains” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “The Hellion/Electric Eye” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Riding on the Wind” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Pain and Pleasure” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Fever” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Devil’s Child” - Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)
  • “Bloodstone” - Judas Priest ($1.99)
  • “Screaming For Vengeance” Album ($14.99)
    This pack includes “Bloodstone,” “Devil’s Child,” “Fever,” “The Hellion/Electric Eye,” “Pain And Pleasure,” “Riding on the Wind,” “Screaming For Vengeance,” “(Take These) Chains,” and “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’” by Judas Priest.
GUITAR HERO III
  • Def Leppard Track Pack ($6.25)
    “Nine Lives”, “Photograph (Live)” and “Rock of Ages (Live)” by Def Leppard.

Game Demos (free)
echochrome Demo
Iron Man Demo

Game Videos (free)
Resistance 2 Teaser Trailer
GT5 Prologue Techno Video
Army of Two SSC Challenge Teaser Trailer
FIFA 08 Features Video
Iron Man Action Trailer
PROTOTYPE – Discover Evolution
Interview with Wyclef Jean P.1
Interview with Wyclef Jean P.2
Behind-the-Scenes of “Fast Car”
Coachella Music Festival

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)
88 Minutes
The Water Horse

PS3 Themes (free)
THE EYE OF JUDGMENT Theme #2

PS3 Wallpaper (free)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Wallpaper (x4)

US PS STORE FOR PC

Downloadable Games
LocoRoco ($21.99)
Kingdom of Paradise ($10.99)

R-Types (PSone Classic) ($5.99)

Game Demos (free)
echochrome PSP Demo (also downloadable through the PS3 system)

Game Videos (free)
LocoRoco Trailer
Kingdom of Paradise Trailer
R-Type Command Trailer
Resistance 2 Trailer
GT5 Prologue Techno Video

PSP Wallpaper (free)
LocoRoco Wallpapers (x2)
Kingdom of Paradise Wallpapers (x5)

Game Music
LocoRoco Nightmare Track (free)

EU PS STORE UPDATE
Like the US finally edition

Game Demos
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil demo (free)

Bishi Bashi Special PS1 game (£3.49/€4.99 )
Command & Conquer PS1 game (£3.49/€4.99 )

PSP Games
FlOw PSP version (£4.99/€7.99 )

PSP Demos
God of War: Chains of Olympus demo for PSP (free)

Add-on content
Call of Duty 4 Variety Map Pack (£6.99/€9.99)

Trailers
Resistance 2 announcement trailer (free)
Warhawk: Operation Broken Mirror trailer (free)
Two Viking trailers (free)
Three Timeshift "FPS Differently" trailers (free)

PS3 Themes
Metal Gear Solid 4 "Sneak Out" PS3 theme (free)

PS3 Wallpapers
Dark Sector wallpaper (free)
Seven Motorstorm wallpapers (free)

I got the four GT5P wallpapers, they look really good. I'm rocking the NSX one right now.

Back