Official Playstation Store Thread

I should have gotten it the few hours it was there lol. I should get JM2 for now since it has all the tracks from JM1. But i like the stunts you can do in JM3.

speaking of which, although slightly OT, I can't get the cheat for JM1 tracks in JM2 to work and I can't find my original save that already has them. Any suggestions?

I know we have a few Canadian members, so here is pricing parity for you. The PSN is adjusting Canadian pricing to fit with the stronger Canadian dollar.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/30/canada-getting-psn-price-adjustment-due-to-strong-currency/

Sony just sent out a press release stating on May 1 there'll be a price adjustment for Canadian PlayStation Store customers in response to the strengthening Canadian dollar. The prices will be adjusted in phases prior to the regularly scheduled update.

Although it wasn't in the press release, we spoke with Sony and have been told that the adjustment will lead to "price parity" between the United States and Canada. Meaning that something which costs $5 USD in the US PSN will cost $5 CDN in Canada. Enjoy the equality, Canada.

Seems like the EU have finally got the car patch for NFS Prostreet, however I won't be buying it as EA held it off far too long for PS3 in the EU, so much so that I think I'm going to trade the whole game in because it was pretty rubbish in the first place. No addition of cars is going to change that for me....

Seems like the EU have finally got the car patch for NFS Prostreet, however I won't be buying it as EA held it off far too long for PS3 in the EU, so much so that I think I'm going to trade the whole game in because it was pretty rubbish in the first place. No addition of cars is going to change that for me....

I already did when i got COD4 :P

Sorry this is a bit late, but my brother graduated pharmacy school Friday, so I was out.

US PS STORE UPDATE

Downloadable Games
echochrome ($9.99)
I bought this and love it.

Add-on Game Content
Rock Band
  • “Zero” - Smashing Pumpkins ($1.99)
  • “Time-Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear” - The Mother Hips ($1.99)
  • “Red Tandy” - The Mother Hips ($1.99)
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore Downloadable songs ($1.49 each)
  • “(You Make Me Feel Life) A Natural Woman” - Aretha Franklin
  • “Against All Odds” - Phil Collins
  • “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
  • “Ain’t Nothing Life the Real Thing” - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
  • “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” - Temptations
  • “Alone” - Heart
  • “Always Something There to Remind Me” - Naked Eyes
  • “American Woman - Lenny Kravitz
  • “Born to be Wild” - Steppenwolf
  • “Careless Whisper” - Wham
  • “Complicated” - Avril Lavigne
  • “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” - Queen
  • “Do I Make You Proud” - Taylor Hicks
  • “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” - Culture Club
  • “Every Rose Has its Thorn” - Poison
  • “Flashdance…What a Feeling” - Irene Cara
  • “Greatest Love of All” - Whitney Houston
  • “Here I Go Again” - Whitesnake
  • “I Got You Babe” - Sonny & Cher
  • “If I Ain’t Got You” - Alicia Keys
  • “I’m Coming Out” - Diana Ross
  • “It’s Your Love” - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
  • “Just the Way You Are” - Billy Joel
  • “Ladies Night” - Kool & the Gang
  • “Let’s Get it On” - Marvin Gaye
  • “Love Will Keep Us Together” - Captain & Tennille
  • “My Girl” - Temptations
  • “New York New York” - Frank Sinatra
  • “On the Road Again” - Willy Nelson
  • “Photograph” - Nickelback
  • “Proud Mary” - Creedance Clearwater
  • “Respect” - Aretha Franklin
  • “Stand By Your Man” - Tammy Wynette
  • “Straight Up” - Paula Abdul
  • “Sugar We’re Goin’ Down” - Fall Out Boy
  • “Taking Care of Business” - Bachman Turner Overdrive
  • “The First Cut is the Deepest” - Sheryl Crow / Rod Stewart
  • “The Real Thing” - Bo Bice
  • “When the Sun Goes Down” - Kenny Chesney & Uncle Kracker
  • “Who Can it be Now?” - Men At Work
  • “You and Me” - Lifehouse
  • “You’re My Best Friend” - Queen

Game Demos (free)
Dark Sector Demo

Game Videos (free)
echochrome Trailer
Battlefield Bad Company Redford Blog
Kung Fu Panda Trailer
Dead Space Announcement Trailer
Dead Space Ship Date Trailer
Turok - “Kane” Gameplay Trailer
Turok “Bring It” Trailer
NBA Ballers: Chosen One TV Spot
Wyclef’s “Fast Car” Music Video

PS3 Wallpaper (free)
echochrome Wallpapers (x4)
Kung Fu Panda Wallpapers (x3)

US PS STORE FOR PC

Downloadable Games
echochrome ($9.99) (also downloadable via PS3) - 56 different levels from PS3 version.

Game Videos (free)
echochrome Trailer
Wyclef’s “Fast Car” Music Video

PSP Wallpaper (free)
echochrome Wallpapers (x4)

EU PS STORE UPDATE

Add-on content
Need for Speed Pro-Street "Bugatti Veyron" pack (£1.99/€2.99)
Need for Speed Pro-Street "Mclaren F1" pack (£1.99/€2.99)
Need for Speed Pro-Street Premium Car pack 1 (£3.49/€4.99)
Need for Speed Pro-Street Premium Car pack 2 (£3.49/€4.99)
Snakeball "Team Mode" expansion (£1.99/€2.99)
Kane & Lynch Fragile Alliance map pack (free)

Trailers
Iron Man movie trailer (free)

PS3 Themes
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 theme (free)
Dark Sector theme (free)
Haze theme (free)

PS3 Wallpapers
Haze wallpaper (free)

I suggest that anyone not familiar with Echochrome yet try the demo. It is an incredible puzzler, and with user created content going online, and giving me brown trousers, it looks like it will be a long time before the game slows down any.

Also, here is a story lsting upcoming PS1 games listed on the ESRB's site.
Land Sea Air, you may find this to your liking.
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/02/esrb-lists-potential-upcoming-ps1-downloads/

Reader Matt G. sent in a tip, detailing a number of PS1 titles rated by the ESRB that have yet to be released on PSP/PS3. These downloadable classics should arrive on the PSN some time in the future -- but when?

Wipeout XL (E)
Jet Moto 3 (E)
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo (E)
Buster Bros. Collection (E)
Street Fighter Alpha (T) -- previously discovered, not released
Rayman (E)
Castlevania Chronicles (T) -- previously discovered, not released

SCEA has been slow to make PS1 classics available on the PS Store. We're eagerly awaiting a version of Puzzle Fighter we can take on the go.

God help them if they don't bring that to the States. God help them.

I have a lot of fond memories of that game.
After starting to play it in the MGS: Essentials Collection I would definitely pay an extra $6 to put it on my PSP. Of course, I have a co-worker which customized his firmware for that purpose. I just can't see buying a PSP and then downgrading the firmware to play PS1 games at the risk of not playing new PSP games. In other words, if I can have MGS on my PS3 then Patapon will win over MGS any day.

Thanks Foolkiller 👍

I notice Kanye and Lynch they give the map packs free.... hmmm Infinity Ward take note!

I tried the Echochrome demo a while ago and im really tempted... :sly:

Next weeks (or rather this one) update seems to be great for the EU store!

Robin

Just a heads up, available now on the EU PSN stores, besides the two demos for Race Driver GRID and Haze, there are over 4GB worth of videos from the PlayStation Day event including an hour and a half of footage in HD from the conference. 👍

HAZE has been d/ling for like 2 days straight... needless to say it's going slow like MGS4 did. :grumpy:

I started GRID on the 360 today, we'll see what finishes first.

HAZE has been d/ling for like 2 days straight... needless to say it's going slow like MGS4 did. :grumpy:
It may be time for a new ISP serivce? If nothing is wrong with your internet connection and modem, that means you are only getting a download speed of around .009 MB/s (70 kb/s) :eek:

It took less than thirty minutes for me, and my max download speed is usually no more than 1 MB/s (8000 kb/s)

Nah... but, I've been really irritated by both lan cables and wifi. Currently, everything is on Wifi so it's "faster" than LAN. I'm beginning to hate net connection like I hate this damn "digital revolution" in HDTV. :grumpy:

Nah... but, I've been really irritated by both lan cables and wifi. Currently, everything is on Wifi so it's "faster" than LAN. I'm beginning to hate net connection like I hate this damn "digital revolution" in HDTV. :grumpy:
Your slow speeds can't be WiFi, as it far exceeds the transfer rates most people with broadband can even get.

It sounds like you may have a malfunctioning router, assuming there is nothing wrong with your ISP service. Perhaps it is dropping the connection, thus making it appear your download speeds are extremely slow?

I think it's definitely, my hardware than the ISP, but... I don't know what the problem is. I don't mind having a slower connection as long as it's not dial up but, things literally randomly work or don't work around here. It's like the Freezing on my 360... there's no diagnosing it because it's so random.

wow, this has to be one of the best store updates in quite a while, 3 demos and lots of new videos that look interesting. 👍👍 to Sony!

As I am short on time we just get a copy and paste of the store updates.

US PS STORE UPDATE
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/05/08/playstation-store-update-33/

Downloadable Games
Rocketmen: Axis of Evil
($9.99)
Join Nick Sion, Alec Mink and the rest of the Alliance of Free Planets in their white-knuckled, frenzied struggle to free the Solar System from the tyrannical grip of Lord Invictus and the Legion of Terra! With its distinctive cel-shaded art style, engaging storyline, RPG elements and non-stop action, this shooter promises to keep players coming back for more!
ESRB Rated
File size: 124 MB

Add-on Game Content
PixelJunk Monsters Encore
($5.99)
PixelJunk Monsters Encore is an expansion pack to the popular and addictive tower defense game, PixelJunk Monsters. Encore includes 15 levels on a new map, “Toki Island”, as well as the ability for players to track their score across both maps. Just as in the original game, Encore continues the simple real-time strategy concept of building, researching and base defending that made PixelJunk Monsters an instant classic.
File size: 67 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.rockband.com.

“Date with the Night” - Yeah Yeah Yeahs ($1.99)
“It Hurts” - Angels & Airwaves ($1.99)
“This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race” - Fall Out Boy ($1.99)
Scene Pack 01 ($5.49) - Scene Pack 01 includes “It Hurts” by Angels & Airwaves, “This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race” by Fall Out Boy, and “Date with the Night” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
File sizes: 22.7 MB - 31.9 MB (singles), 83.3 MB (track pack).

Rock Band price promotion: “CrushCrushCrush” - Paramore and “Rock N Roll Band” - Boston are reduced to $0.99 until May 15th.

Guitar Hero III: Muse Track Pack ($6.25)
Includes “Exo-Politics”, “Stockholm Syndrome” & “Supermassive Black Hole” as performed by Muse. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.
File size: 45 MB

Game Demos (free)
HAZE Demo

Play the beginning of the Haze campaign in single-player or in cooperative mode (up to 4 players).
ESRB Rated M
File size: 1.43 GB

The Bourne Conspiracy Demo
An intense, fast-paced, authentic Bourne experience. Become the perfect weapon.
ESRB Rating Pending
File size: 1.61 GB

GRID Demo
Experience a new world of racing as Codemasters releases the multiplayer demo for GRID.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 961 MB

Game Videos (free)
WipEout HD Trailer

It was there back at the beginning and now it’s taking the franchise into the future: WipEout HD is set to deliver 1080p High Definition visuals running at a breathtaking 60-frames-per-second.
File size: 79 MB (HD), 126 MB (1080)

PLAYSTATION 3 “What You Need” Video
Inside the PLAYSTATION 3 system lies the most advanced entertainment system designed to bring you the highest definition games, movies and so much more. Take a look and see what the PLAYSTATION 3 is all about.
File size: 167 MB (1080)

Mirror’s Edge Gameplay Trailer
As seen at PlayStation Day in London.
File size: 113 MB (HD)

Mercenaries 2 Payback Trailer
Check out the new Mercenaries 2 trailer. It’s time for Payback – Mercs Style!
File size: 77 MB (HD)

Overlord Raising Hell Trailer
Overlord Raising Hell is an Action-RPG title that immerses you in twisted parodies of classic fantasy scenarios. After becoming the all-powerful Overlord, you learn how to master a horde of mischievous creatures, called minions. The title comes to PLAYSTATION 3 complete with exclusive features and the ‘Raising Hell’ downloadable content seamlessly integrated into the action-packed story line.
File size: 101 MB (HD)

The Wheelman Trailer
Vin Diesel is The Wheelman, one of the most dangerous men in the world behind the wheel of a vehicle.
File size: 48 MB (HD)

TNA iMPACT! Gamers’ Day Trailer
TNA iMPACT! is the exclusive Total Nonstop Action wrestling game based on the top-rated weekly television show.
File size: 43 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)
Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Teaser Trailer

On May 22, Indiana Jones is back in a new globe-trotting adventure, “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.”
File size: 22 MB (SD), 81 MB (HD), 107 MB (1080)

The Love Guru
In the comedy “The Love Guru,” Pitka (Mike Myers) is an American who was left at the gates of an ashram in India as a child and raised by gurus.
File size: 31 MB (SD), 112 MB (HD), 149 MB (1080)

Iron Man Trailer 2
Oscar nominee Robert Downey Jr. stars as Tony Stark/Iron Man in the story of a billionaire industrialist and genius inventor who is kidnapped and forced to build a devastating weapon.
File size: 29 MB (SD), 108 MB (HD), 143 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)
PixelJunk Monsters Theme 3

Customize your PS3 system with a cool PixelJunk Monsters theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 984 KB

Sports Theme
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Sports theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 7.07 MB

PS3 Wallpaper (free)
PixelJunk Monsters Wallpapers (x2)

Customize the background of your PS3 system with this new PixelJunk Monsters Wallpaper.
File size: 562 KB - 879 KB

US PS STORE FOR PC
Game Demos (free)
* SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 2 Demo (also downloadable via PS3)

EU PS STORE UPDATE
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/06/european-psn-store-playstation-day-2008-update/

Playable content:

Condemned 2 demo (free)

Haze demo (free)

Blast Factor Advanced full game (£4.99)

High Velocity Bowling full game (£4.99)
Street Skater PS1 game (£3.49)

Add-on content:

High Velocity Bowling Character - Mike (£0.69)

Trailers:

Buzz! Quiz TV (free)
Secret Agent Clank (free)

Siren Blood Curse (free)
MotorStorm Pacific Rift (free)
PLAYSTATION Network PS Day Showcase (free)

Finally a decent update. Time to download GRID, and see just how bad it really is. Mirrors Edge is something I have been following for quite some time. It will be nice to see an actual trailer and not just screen shots. Rocketman..... ehh.

;)

Grid is starting to grow on me, single player is not all that great but online is excellent.... I played loads of races this evening and if GT should have an online setup to look to Grid is by far the best... you can even vote to kick players if they have been 'behaving badly' during the race, the voting for races system is also really good.

I had no lag, it was totally worldwide gameplay and everyone had there countries flag, everyones racing was really good and it shows the damage is a better online penalty system than anything else... There were some spectacular crashes that I weaved through and one where it was me and other player leading to a bottle neck and someone had to give but no one did and we totaled it a MAJOR way! :sly:

Damage makes it exciting, if you crash and it wasnt your fault then you can be angry, similarly if it was your fault then you totally deserve it.... thats life....

Better than some stupid ghost cars and speed penalties that dont even work properly!

All in all the game is worth it just for the online.... the actual single player campaign in the full game may be not that great...

Robin

Yeah, I also like that if people (noobs who can't stand to lose) stop/drive the track backwards, it makes them phantom, so you don't have a head on collision.

I just had a race where me and another driver were in the last turn at the Euro track (name escapes me right now), and I passed him barely, thinking he was going to pass me on the straight (I always seem to be slower on those on any racing game), but another driver came out of nowhere and totaled him right behind me, giving me the win and a roadblock for anyone trying to take it, I've had a lot of good races, and normally finish in the top 3.

Oh, and I didn't know they ever raised the "Crushcrushcrush" price, when my sister bought it, it was $0.99.

From,
Chris.

I really like Grid demo, It reminds me of PGR meets NFS Pro Street. The drift mode is fantastic and not as easy as Pro Street. I'm sure getting this one next month. The graphics are mind blowing too. replays look so good as well. Its not a sim racer but its still good imo.

Grid was alright. I liked the Touring Cars best :sly::):dopey:👍 and the other series are ok... the physics are a little difficult however. Will I buy it? I don't know yet. --- Randy

Have you played it online yet? That alone has turned it into a buy for a few.

Anyway, since when did I get so good at racing games? :P

I only had time to try a time trial in the GRiD demo, but I wasn't overly impressed.

But I have that problem with any non-sim racer these days. In games like Gran Turismo, Forza, and Enthusia (I haven't tried PC sims, so don't ask) I noticed some issues with the physics, but in general cars did what I expected. In any arcade racer, no matter how good, I find myself thinking that it doesn't feel right.

Before I give up on it though I intend to try it more in-depth with my DFP (it does use it?). I really liked DiRT and have hopes that GRiD will be just as entertaining.

Turn stability control off, worked for me.

I've yet to play with any driving aids turned on. It's the whole pressure sensitivity thing that just isn't right for the PS3's tiny triggers. There's no way to drive fast while focusing on the pressure you put through your finger.

US PS STORE UPDATE

Add-on Game Content
Hot Shots Golf New Characters
  • Gloria - Expert Skill Level ($0.99)
  • Alex - Intermediate Skill Level ($0.99)
Rocketmen: It Came From Uranus!
Rock Band
  • “Kool Thing”—Sonic Youth ($1.99)
  • “Train in Vain (Stand by Me)”—The Clash ($1.99)
  • “Hanging on the Telephone”—Blondie ($1.99)
Rock Band price promotion: “Shockwave” & “Sugar Magnolia” are reduced to $0.99 for a limited time.
Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore Downloadable Songs ($1.49 each)
- I'm not listing all these. There are 21 and if any of you want the list just click the hyperlinked header.

Game Demos (free)
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit Demo
Overlord Raising Hell Demo

Game Videos (free)
NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Storm Announcement Trailer
MK vs. DCU Gamers’ Day Trailer

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)
Pineapple Express Red Band Trailer
Saawariya

PS3 Themes (free)
HAZE Theme
Overlord Raising Theme
echochrome Themes

PS3 Wallpaper (free)
Overlord Raising Wallpaper (x5)

US PS STORE FOR PC UPDATE

Game Demos (free)
Secret Agent Clank Demo (also downloadable via PS3)

PSP Themes (free)
echochrome (File size: 105 KB -81.7 KB) (also downloadable via PS3)

EU PS STORE UPDATE

Downloadable Games
Dark Mist full game (£4.99/€7.99)
WipEout Pure full PSP game (£14.99/€19.99)

PS1 for PS3/PSP Games
C&C Red Alert PS1 game for PS3/PSP (£3.49/€4.99)
I am slightly jealous of this one.

Game Demos
Overlord demo (free)

Add-on content
PixelJunk Monsters: Encore expansion (£1.99/€2.99)
Everybody's Golf: World Tour "Alex" character (£0.69/€0.99)
Everybody's Golf: World Tour "Gloria" character (£0.69/€0.99)

Game Trailers
Dark Sector launch trailer
2x Burnout Paradise trailers
Brothers In Arms trailer 2
Haze "TV Ad" trailer

PS3 Wallpapers
5x Overlord wallpapers

PS3 Themes
Overlord theme
2x Warhawk themes
2x Eye of Judgment themes
10x PAIN themes

Well I don't know what to say but I've just downloaded the two characters for everybody's golf and they don't seem to work, they are not in the character selection screen!!! I guess you must have to progress further to unlock them, bit rubbish if thats the case. I wonder if that dark mist is any good, if someone gets it and put their impressions i may have a look.

Back