Official Playstation Store Thread

New Playstation Store walkthrough video.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2980916#post2980916

I like Grace Chen much more than the guy they normally have do their walkthrough videos, but her voice is a bit annoying. I think it may have more to do with the fact that it sounds like the mic is right next to her mouth.

Anyway, moving on: THEY ARE LISTENING!!!

Previously bought items do not disappear but have an icon labeling them as already purchased. Every thing will have a preview button that will load a preview video (which may just be screenshots) so that if you want to see a trailer before buying a game you don't have to download it and then exit to see it. The video can also be made full screen.

Also, and this is my biggest thing that I saw, When you add something to the shopping cart a small shopping cart icon appears on the item's logo and you do not leave the screen. So, you can continue shopping without exiting out of the shopping cart to the main page and then starting all over again.

And of course, it is not web-based so it can be more dynamic.

Oh, and according to Joystiq, Japan gets their store update on April 15th and everyone can browse the new store then, even if we don;t get our content update until the 17th.

That walkthrough video was very informative, I like how they do one with like every update :)

The store seems really good now, at first I thought it would be the same lame experience just dressed differently but you can see how fluid it is (not being web based) plus excellent features like the red shopping basket and preview video system...

I wonder does this red shopping basket mean that let say your PS3 breaks and you get a new one or accidentally delete the game that you can download it again for free forever? Like is it linked to you PSN account or the machine itself or both?

Robin

I wonder does this red shopping basket mean that let say your PS3 breaks and you get a new one or accidentally delete the game that you can download it again for free forever? Like is it linked to you PSN account or the machine itself or both?
It probably works just like the current Download List.

As I haven't run across the issue, yet, I haven't been too concerned.

Three Speech have some info on the UK content that will hit the new store next week (17th).

To accompany the launch, the PLAYSTATION Store will see an exciting selection of content available from 17th April, consisting of the launch of the Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta, building up to the launch of the next chapter in one of PlayStation’s most loved franchises, Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots. Also available will be Warhawk™: Operation Broken Mirror, a great new addition to the hugely popular Warhawk experience and Lair™: Diabolical Dragons Pack and Skyguard Upgrade pack, offering new and exciting features and functions. There will also be a collection of trailers including the latest for GTA IV, as well as a Sega Superstars tennis demo.
Source - http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=1001#more-1001

The MGS4 Beta is also an open beta (more info in the MGS4 thread).

Regards

Scaff

Whats with the Japaneese writing underneath the notice?? Does everyone see it, or is it just because I have a Japaneese account aswell as my normal one.

New store is up looking good although it is still a little buggy the pages themselves load nice and fast. Only new things seem to be gt5p videos and some Rock band or Guitar hero stuff (wasn't really paying attention :))

I read on the gametrailers forum that its really good. Three new modes and all. ANNDDD did you guys know that SSHD has a custom soundtrack option? Thats right, you can listen to any music you have stored on your ps3 while you play the game.

I read on the gametrailers forum that its really good. Three new modes and all. ANNDDD did you guys know that SSHD has a custom soundtrack option? Thats right, you can listen to any music you have stored on your ps3 while you play the game.
The custom soundtrack has been out for a while.

I like the new layout. Yes the icons did load very slow but I at least found all the motorstorm updates that had gone missing before. 👍

I found it in the demo (still haven't bought it yet), and I love putting "Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey"

From,
Chris.

I just dont understand why more games cant do this. I mean sure, for many game types, the games music is crucial to set the mood, but in puzzle games, racing games, sports, etc, I want to be able to listen to my own music.

I just dont understand why more games cant do this.
Can't or don't?

They don't because they pay for the licensing of the music, or are paid to include music. Something like that. And if they allow customizable soundtracks someone somewhere loses out on some revenue.

That said, the types of bands that you will find included in games because they are top 40 music tend to, in my opinion, suck.

I haven't totally enjoyed a game soundtrack since GT2.

EU Store has been updated!

EU Store Update Includes:

• Metal Gear Online Premiere (Beta)
  • Warhawk: Operation Broken Mirror Pack (£3.99 or About 5 Euro's)
  • Lair : Deadly Dragons Pack (FREE)
  • GTAIV: Trailer 4 "Everyone's A Rat" (HDTV 720p)

I think thats it, mostly an update consisting of packs which is good if you own the games...if not...then I suppose we'll have to survive on what they gave us.

Thanks for the info :)👍

I still dont get how you get to do the metal gear online beta? where do you get the code from?

Robin

Thanks for the info :)👍

I still dont get how you get to do the metal gear online beta? where do you get the code from?

Robin

What code?

It says once you've downloaded it that "The METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE BETA test is due to start on 21/04/2008 at 00:00."

I don't know what it all means though....

I believe that is for NA. It seems that it is an open beta for EU.

And with that I present.

US PS STORE UPDATE
Yay, we're back!

Downloadable Games
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue ($39.99)

Add-on Game Content
Warhawk Broken Mirror Pack ($7.99)
Warhawk Booster Combo ($11.99)
Booster Combo includes the Warhawk “Operation: Omega Dawn” and “Operation: Broken Mirror” Booster Packs.
Super Stardust HD Solo ($4.99)
Lair - Dragons and Control Pack (free)
Rock Band
“Still Alive” - GLaDOS and Jonathan Coulton (free)
“Sprode” - Freezepop ($0.99)
“Shake” - Count Zero ($0.99)
“Rock Rebellion” - Bang Camaro ($0.99)
Harmonix Pack 1 ($2.99) - Harmonix Pack 1 includes “Rock Rebellion” by Bang Camaro, “Shake” by Count Zero, and “Sprode” by Freezepop
“Call Me” - Blondie ($1.99)
“Simple Man” - Lynyrd Skynyrd ($1.99)
“Message In A Bottle” - The Police ($1.99)
Classic Rock Pack 1 ($5.49) - Classic Rock Pack 1 includes “Call Me” by Blondie, “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd, and “Message In A Bottle” by The Police.

Game Demos (free)

UEFA EURO 2008 Demo

Game Videos (free)

Warhawk Broken Mirror Trailer
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Making Of The TV Spot
HAZE Mantel Corporate Vision
This is Vegas Annoucement Trailer
GT5 Prologue Friendly Fires Video
GT5 Prologue Beyond the Apex Trailer

Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)

Pineapple Express

PS3 Themes (free)
Warhawk Theme (x2)
Lair Mokai Theme

US PC STORE UPDATE

Game Videos (free)

GT5 Prologue Friendly Fires Video
GT5 Prologue Beyond the Apex Trailer

EU PS STORE UPDATE

Downloadable Games

Metal Gear Online public Beta (free)

Add-On Game Content

Warhawk: Operation Broken Mirror expansion pack (£3.99/€5.99)
LAIR "Deadly Dragons" add-on (free)

Game Videos

Grand Theft Auto 4 "Everyone's a rat" trailer (free)

And EU gets a light load yet again. New store, same carp.

By the way, if any European members feel you are getting shafted on a regular basis by SCEE compared to the US and Japan you may want to check this thread out.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=611&thread.id=2918

Back