Official Playstation Store Thread

Some people are just hard to please :) PSP games on the PS3 PS Store including a starter pack for the ape escape game.
Yeah, I noticed this too. Now, for some demos to start coming down the pipe. Oh well, I got the Ape Escape starter pack last night to check it out.

So, can someone explain to me how Crash 2 (106 mb) is less than a quarter of the size of Crash 1 (450ish mb)?

I like more PS1 games coming along, but it seems like everyone blew their big stuff at Christmas and now we are just getting maybe a video a demo and some themes that are basically new backgrounds of themes we already have. I don't have Rock Band so all that DLC means nothing to me.

I can't tell if I got spoiled at Christmas with tons of stuff and we are back to normal or if it si just slow. Hopefully with all the big stuff knocked out for a while we will get some good PS1 games and more PSP content.

That reminds me: has anyone tried Beat yet? What is it? It sounds interesting.

Has anyone tried using the PSN PC Store? I don't own a PSP, but I thought I would play around with it to see if I could download some of the exclusive PSP demos and see if they would play on the PS3... but sadly this was not the case.

Still, I liked how you can select items that don't show up in the regular PSN stores, and then they are added to your download list so when you later log-in on your PS3, they show up in your download list and can in fact download them... but when you try and play a game after installing it, it says it can only be played on a PSP and must be copied to a PSP first. :(

Anyway, if I owned a PSP I would definitely use the PC store. I hope they add this feature for PS3 content. 👍

BTW: For those interested and missed it, the official deveoper's blog for the PS3 had a nice article on that feature a couple months back:
Also, here is what they have listed as far as new content on the PSN for PC store:

Downloadable Games
  • Ape Quest ($9.99 US per level, $19.99 bundle)
PS one Classics
  • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back PS1 Classic ($5.99)
Game Videos (free)
  • Syphon Filter: Combat Ops Trailer
  • Pursuit Force Extreme Justice Trailer
  • Uncharted Massive Trailer
  • GT5 Prologue Japan Release Trailer
  • GT5 Prologue Sizzle Trailer
  • Turok Quiet Kills Video
  • Timeshift Trailer
  • Burnout Paradise Trailer

I hope they add this feature for PS3 content. 👍

That would be excellent because im sure I could download PS3 demos from the computer way faster plus my PC is on much more of the time than the PS3...

Pity that you cant play PSP demos on your PS3, Im sure its more than capable!

Robin

I prefer the PS3 store mainly because my PS3 seems to download slightly faster than my PC. Odd, but hey. Also, it means unhooking my USB cable from the PS3 and taking it to the PC. Plus I believe the PC store requires a small software install to connect to the PSP. But the PC store has demos. That's why I want them on the PS3 store so that it will be a background download to worry about later while I go play games. Doing that on my PC means my wife gets neither the TV or the PC. Plus, if I decide I want to go online my background downloads stop or slow down enough to let me play while a PC download risks causing me to lag. If I had a faster connection none of this would really matter, but with my 1.5mb download packages (which translates to more like 750kb most of the time) it matters to me.

Anyway, I think it woud be awesome if PSP games could be played on the PS3. Or even copied from UMDs in a connected PSP. I doubt we will see that though as the graphics would appear horrid compared to PS3 games and may dissuade anyone on the fence about a PSP using it as a test to see if they like it. An example would be PS1 games. They look blocky and horrible on the PS3, but on the PSP they look smoother. 640x480 on 48" :tdwn: 640x480 on a 3" 👍

Another thing I want is a built-in PS3 to PSP video converter on my PS3. If BD will do it then why not my MP4s? My main concern is when Sony gets their media downloads up and running. I would rather not have to worry about DRM if I want to take it with me to watch when I'm away from a Wi-Fi hotspot.

PS one games don't run at 640x480, I think less than 20 ps1 games ever achieved that resolution. PS1 one games look ok to me, better than ever actually. Its just modern games tend to make classic 3D PS1 games look bad. PS3 displays PS1 games in progressive scan making them look better than what they looked like on PSone and PSTwo.

GTA's Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories ports to PS2 look quite nice so im sure PSP demos playing on your PS3 would be the same..

Robin

Are you all on HDTVs? On my 48" projection SDTV they look playable, but I sit there wondering why I ever thought GT1 or GT2 were realistic graphics.

On my PSP they look like I remember them.

Are you all on HDTVs? On my 48" projection SDTV they look playable, but I sit there wondering why I ever thought GT1 or GT2 were realistic graphics.

On my PSP they look like I remember them.

Im on a 21" SD Sony......im poor :indiff:

Robin

Honestly, the best comparison would be getting a TV adaptor for my PSP.

That way it is all the same system just different screens and I can see how much smoothing the PS3 is doing.

I have the component TV adapter and I'm not sure if it's just me or what, but I can't get the colors or the screen size to look right.

I'm on an HDTV with component. The reason it doesn't look the same is the upscalling and lack of low res interlacing. It's the same effect when running a ps1 game on pc, pc gives you options to make it look like the original.

I'm on an HDTV with component. The reason it doesn't look the same is the upscalling and lack of low res interlacing. It's the same effect when running a ps1 game on pc, pc gives you options to make it look like the original.

well the only thing I'm really concerned about are the colors, is there any way to get them close to right? TV adjustments do not seem to be working here.

For Ps2 games there is no hope, But PS1 games are brighter and more vibrant thanks to progressive scan. If you can find a psone to boot up that would give you better comparison. Thay may appear better on PSP because of the lower resolution

PS1 games I own and run on PS3:

Front Mission 3
Chrono Cross
Thunder Force 5
Colony Wars 1 and 2
Granturismo
Blood Omen Legacy of Kain
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
a few more

They all look fine to me and better than on ps1 thanks to Pro. scan and upscaling. What color adjustments are you trying to achieve, like what games are you referring to?

For Ps2 games there is no hope, But PS1 games are brighter and more vibrant thanks to progressive scan. If you can find a psone to boot up that would give you better comparison. Thay may appear better on PSP because of the lower resolution

Front Mission 3
Chrono Cross
Thunder Force 5
Colony Wars 1 and 2
Granturismo
Blood Omen Legacy of Kain
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
a few more

They all look fine to me and better than on ps1 thanks to Pro. scan and upscaling. What color adjustments are you trying to achieve, like what games are you referring to?

ah, we had a miscommunication, I was talking about the component cables used to connect the PSP to a TV. Whenever I use them I cannot seem to get the colors to look right. PS1 and PS2 games (both of which I play regularly) look perfectly fine and some even look better than they ever did on their native system.

I haven't the slightest clue about the Pandora's battery. I'll have to buy another battery pushing the cost to $200 for a homebrew slim psp. I'm still getting one though.

See, I am thinkng this is the case. On my PSP everything seems smooth but on my big TV I see tons of jaggies.

<list>

The only one I have from that list is GT1.

I am also playing:
Twisted Metal 2
Medieval
Castlevania: SotN
Warhawk - PS1 launch title, oh lord the graphics.

I really do think it is a case of not remembering old graphics. I knwo teh first PS1 title I used was Twisted Metal 2 and I couldn't believe how I could stand playing it, but after a while I adapted and did fine. But then when I got the PSP and put it on there the lower resolution made it seem much smoother and how I think I remember it looking before. Of course my PS1 was played on a much smaller TV too.

I really think my only true comparison would be to do it on the same TV, but as my PS1 is long gone that won't be happening.

Seems there is a niche that needs to be filled here. I may not be regular on this and regularly a day late but I will do what I can. Translation: I will copy and paste from sites like the PS Blog.

NA PS Store

Downloadable Games
Tori-Emaki ($1.99)
PLAYSTATION Eye required. Presented in High-Definition 1080p resolution, Tori-Emaki is an innovative interactive art experience. Enter a world of atmospheric wonder as you embark on a magical journey by guiding a flock of birds through a living masterpiece inspired by ancient Japanese paintings. Move your body to vary the speed and direction of the birds&#8217; flight and to immerse yourself in a beautiful visual experience.
File size: 72.8 MB
ESRB Rated E

Mesmerize: Trace ($1.99)
PLAYSTATION Eye required. Presented in High-Definition 1080p resolution, Mesmerize: Trace is a collection of absorbing visual and aural effects that respond to your body movements and sounds (such as clapping or snapping your fingers). Make photon particles dance and sing in Firefly, create a glowing cityscape with your own two hands in Urban, and go on to explore Twister, Chain Reaction and Flare.
File size: 119 MB
ESRB Rated E

Blast Factor Bundle ($12.99)Blast Factor is a physics based action game which takes players into a fierce microbiological arena to guide a nano-machine against viral swarms. The Bundle includes the full game as well as the Multiplayer Pack and the Advanced Research Pack.
File size: 325 MB
ESRB Rated E

Add-on Game Content
MotorStorm Double Track Pack ($2.99)This Double Track Pack features two brand new, high-speed circuits &#8211; the perilous &#8220;Eagle&#8217;s Nest&#8221; and the deadly &#8220;Diamondback Speedway,&#8221; compatible with all vehicle classes in all Online modes including Time Attack and Eliminator!
File size: 125 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. Please note: you need to actually own Rock Band in order to play these tracks:

&#8220;Last Train to Clarksville&#8221; &#8211; The Monkees ($1.99)
&#8220;All the Small Things&#8221; - Blink-182 ($1.99)
&#8220;Action&#8221; &#8211; Sweet ($1.99) File sizes: 18.7 MB &#8211; 26.3 MB

Demos
Turok Demo
Take on the role of Joseph Turok and survive a genetically altered planet occupied by an army of well-trained enemy soldiers, ravenous and unpredictable dinosaurs and creatures that populate the dangerous environment. Choose your combat; shoot to survive using an arsenal of firepower, utilize quiet kill stealth, or use the dinosaurs and creatures as weapons. Your mission? Survive at all costs.
File size: 1.10 GB
ESRB Rated M

FIFA Street 3 Demo
Try out the demo for the ultimate arcade soccer experience. In FIFA Street 3, take to the streets and experience the style, flair and attitude of street soccer like never before. Play as the worlds best players, and show off your street skills in unique environments around the world.
File size: 309 MB
ESRB Rated E

Game Videos
PixelJunk Monsters Trailer (free)
Inspired by the popular and addictive &#8220;tower defense&#8221; game genre, PixelJunk Monsters is a fun and intuitive game featuring a uniquely attractive art style. Defend your homebase against threatening monsters by building towers and casting lightning storms across the forest. Download the official trailer today!
File size: 47 MB (HD)

Borderlands Debut Trailer (free)
What lies behind the vault? How do you survive the dangerous and outlaw world of Borderlands? Download the debut trailer for the new shooter from Gearbox Software and 2K Games now.
File size: 74 MB (HD)

Dynasty Warriors 6 Trailer
After the fall of China&#8217;s Han Dynasty, three rebellious states moved to overthrow the Emperor of China. Step onto the battlefield and experience the exhilaration of destroying thousands of soldiers on massive fields of combat.
File size: 25 MB (SD), 89 MB (HD)

Brothers In Arms Hell&#8217;s Highway Trailer (free)
Brothers In Arms Hell&#8217;s Highway delivers the most immersive WWII squad-based shooter experience to date, putting players in the boots of squad leader Matt Baker as he leads his men of the 101st Airborne Division during Operation Market Garden.
File size: 128 MB (HD)

Lost Planet Trailer (free)
LOST PLANET has raised the bar for shooting action to new heights! The game that has sold over 1,600,000 copies worldwide makes its debut on the PLAYSTATION 3!
File size: 182 MB (HD)

Syphon Filter: Combat Ops Trailer (free)Download the Syphon Filter: Combat Ops trailer for your PSP and see the new Mission Modifier feature in action. Syphon Filter: Combat Ops delivers an unrivaled online multiplayer experience exclusively on the PSP system.
File size: 76 MB (HD), 101 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes
PAIN Ice Tea Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN Ice Tea theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 1.80 MB

PAIN Ed T-Bone Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN Ed T-Bone theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 3.05 MB

Mesmerize Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Mesmerize theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
File size: 1.60 MB

Tori-Emaki Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool Tori-Emaki theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!

CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!

EU PS Store
(If someone can link me to a more descriptive site, like the US Playstation blog provides, I will update this.

Demos
FIFA Street 3 Demo
NBA 08 Demo

PS1 Games
Actua Tennis (PSone game for PS3 / PSP) - &#8364;4.99 / £3.49

Add-on Game Content
Folklore- Visions of the tower
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock songs (Antisocial, Die Fantastichen Vier, Extremoduro - So Payaso, and Warner pack)

Game Videos
Brothers In Arms Hell&#8217;s Highway
Borderlands
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

PS3 Themes
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

So apparently downloads for games do not stay available forever? I noticed some of the GH3 content isn't there anymore.

I'll probably try the Turok demo, but I'm not expecting anything good. Might as well grab the FIFA demo along with it.

In light of CoD4 I was fully underwhelmed by the BiA:HH game trailer. Haven't played a FPS in over a decade and now I'm spoiled.

So apparently downloads for games do not stay available forever? I noticed some of the GH3 content isn't there anymore.

Only purchased games and content no longer show up. Check you download list and everything you ever downloaded is there.

Not a good way to promote a game by releasing sorry demos. Great waste of bandwith. I tried it and deleted right after exit.

Back