Official Playstation Store Thread

I dunno. It was just in teh Eu store and im downloading atm.

Very odd. I checked the Australian, UK, Spanish, Danish, German, United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, Korean, and Japanese PSN stores, and still can't find that demo.

In fact, for some odd reason, the German store still hasn't added the update, despite always having nearly the same content as all the other European PSN stores. :odd:

Well, when you get the chance, maybe you can post directions on where to find the demo for Monster Madness: Grave Danger.

In the meantime, just a heads up for those interested, there is a new MGS4 Theme now available on the Japanese PSN store, as well as a new trailer for Initial D Extreme Stage. 👍

Yeah very strange, its not on the Irish one either! Is there a reason why it would only be available in Holland? Or maybe it was up originaly and then taken down just after you started to download it. Or is it still on the Dutch store?

Well, i just went back to the site again and they removed the demo from the PS store. It seems it was released too early or something.

For those worried about how Qore might impact the quantity and quality of the free content on the PSN Stores, week two... and the free content is the most it has ever been:

PlayStation Store Update
Posted on June 19, 2008 by Grace Chen // Senior Manager, PLAYSTATION Store
PlayStation Store Update
+ Posted by Grace Chen // Senior Manager, PLAYSTATION Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.

Downloadable Games
  • Fatal Inertia EX ($29.99)
    • Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing. Fatal Inertia EX lets you battle at high-speed using an unconventional array of weapons designed around realistic principles of physics and magnetism.
    • ESRB Rated E10+
    • File size: 906 MB

Add-on Game Content
  • Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds Oceania Course ($4.99)
    • Download the new Oceania course now available for play in Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds. Take your favorite players and caddies and tee it up on this new, beautifully designed Oceania course and see if you have what it takes your game to a new level of play.
    • File size: 100 KB

• Metal Gear Solid 4 Database (free)
    • The entire Metal Gear saga is now at your fingertips!
    • Information on characters, weapons and plot elements from Metal Gear (1987) to Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008), accessible from three different perspectives: an encyclopedia, a relationship map, and a timeline. This digital supplement is a must-have for every Metal Gear fan!
    • File size: 77 MB

• The Incredible Hulk Downloadable Content (free)
    • In addition to the epic single-player experience, THE INCREDIBLE HULK’s downloadable bonus content includes six competitive two-player mission types that test the speed, strength and skill of PS3 gamers everywhere.
    • File size: 381 MB

• Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Coldplay Track Pack ($6.25)
    • Three pack download containing the songs “Violet Hill”, “Talk”, “God Put A Smile Upon Your Face” by Coldplay. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com.
    • File size: 45.2 MB

• Rock Band
    • “Rock ‘n’ Roll Dream” - Crooked X ($0.99)
    • “Afterlife” - Avenged Sevenfold ($1.99)
    • “Critical Acclaim” - Avenged Sevenfold ($1.99)
    • “Hammerhead” - The Offspring ($1.99)
    • File sizes: 25.7 MB - 53.2 MB

Game Demos (free)
  • Fatal Inertia EX Trial
    • Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing.
    • ESRB Rated E10+
    • File size: 542 MB

• NCAA Football 09 Demo
    • NCAA Football 09 arrives on campus with groundbreaking college animations and controls and all the excitement of a storied college bowl game. Develop an adrenaline-pumping home field atmosphere and see if you can build your legacy in the online Dynasty mode.
    • ESRB Rated E
    • File size: 1.50 GB

• Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 Demo
    • One of the most popular arcade shooters is back! Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 revives classic Commando action with an all new adventure.
    • ESRB Rating T
    • File size: 112 MB

• Hail to the Chimp Demo
    • Hail to the Chimp is a fast, furious, and funny action-party game where you and up to three friends compete to become the first President of the animal kingdom!
    • ESRB Rated T
    • File size: 374 MB

Game Videos (free)
  • Linger in Shadows Trailer
    • Linger in Shadows is an interactive coffee table piece created by a collective of artists who call themselves Plastic based in Poland. This experiment into the demoscene brings new talent with a fresh approach to interactive art into the industry. Navigate through various segments and unlock both primary and secondary goals to find the rips in reality.
    • File size: 68 MB (HD)

• PAIN: Character Intro Trailer
    • What new….er….WHO’S new in PAIN? Take a look and see the latest downloadable launchees. Jarvis introduces a nurse, cheerleader, ninja, pirate, and a punk rocker who are ready to launch into superstardom….or a wall – your call.
    • File size: 23 MB (SD), 83 MB (HD), 110 MB (1080)

• Fatal Inertia EX Titan Trailer
    • Climb into the cockpit and experience a brave new world of combat racing.
    • File size: 178 MB (HD)

• Golden Axe: Beast Rider Teaser Trailer
    • One of SEGA’s most popular franchises storms onto the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system. As the unstoppable Tyris Flare, players will engage in vicious melee combat both on foot and atop massive mythical beasts, savaging enemies with blades and magic on a quest for vengeance – Watch the Teaser Trailer now!
    • File size: 12 MB (SD), 44 MB (HD), 58 MB (1080)

• Prince of Persia Debut Trailer
    • Download the first trailer and discover the new Prince of Persia!
    • File size: 12 MB (SD), 45 MB (HD), 75 MB (1080)

• Hail to the Chimp ‘Campaign Trail Madness’ Trailer
    • Take a trip with Crackers and the other candidates as they rally support on the campaign trail!
    • File size: 73 MB (HD)

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)
  • Step Brothers
    • Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, who last teamed in the box-office smash Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, now star in Step Brothers.
    • File size: 30 MB (SD), 110 MB (HD), 151 MB (1080)

• Step Brothers (RedBand Trailer)
    • Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, who last teamed in the box-office smash Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, now star in Step Brothers.
    • File size: 31 MB (SD), 114 MB (HD), 176 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes (free)
  • AST Dew Tour Theme
    • Customize your PS3 system with a cool AST Dew Tour theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons. Download today!
    • File size: 1.69 MB

Game Music (free)
  • PAIN Theme Song
    • P-A-I-N, P-A-I-N…You’ve heard it while PAIN is loading, now you can download the PAIN theme song and listen to it while you play.
    • File size: 5.10 MB

PLAYSTATION Store for PC

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.

Downloadable Games
  • Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure ($14.99) (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Demos (free)
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (also downloadable via PS3)

Game Videos (free)
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror behind the scenes
  • Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror full trailer

PSP Themes (free)
  • AST Dew Tour Theme

Hope you enjoy!

:eek:

It looks as if European (and therefore AU\NZ) gamers have been kicked in the face again.

OMG, we Europeans always get nothing:(

I never understood this type of complaint though.

Sure, if this was Xbox Live, you would be screwed, as the XBL regional content is locked, but that is not the case with the PSN stores.

Simply create an account in the region you want to get the content from and start downloading. 👍

In fact, you better start doing it now if it bothers you that much, because there is no telling if or when Sony may decide or even be legally forced to remove the ability to access multiple regional stores.

Granted, there are some game add-ons that will only work if the game you own is from the same region, but there are very few cases where one region has add-on content that another region doesn't or can't use... and some content won't display correctly if you do not have a 720p, 1080i, or 1080p display, but if you have a HD display, none of that will even matter.

Sure, if this was Xbox Live, you would be screwed, as the XBL regional content is locked, but that is not the case with the PSN stores.

Simply create an account in the region you want to get the content from and start downloading. 👍

In fact, you better start doing it now if it bothers you that much, because there is no telling if or when Sony may decide or even be legally forced to remove the ability to access multiple regional stores.

Granted, there are some game add-ons that will only work if the game you own is from the same region, but there are very few cases where one region has add-on content that another region doesn't or can't use... and some content won't display correctly if you do not have a 720p, 1080i, or 1080p display, but if you have a HD display, none of that will even matter.

I already have an US and Japanese account. But not everyone that has an PS3 would bother to make another account just for the demo or other content.

We always get nothing other than 2 or maybe 3 vids when there having a good day. In Usa there is an even an really Playstation.Blog and thats something i wanted ot look forward to. Sony knows were an big share of there sales but were always left out:indiff:

*sigh* I suppose I'll try NCAA 09 but I have a really good feeling EA botched this one again and it's going to suck. I love college football and I liked the game up until the switch to the next gen consoles.

I'm going to have to create a US account I think. We shouldn't be forced to, but unfortunately we have too. :(

As for the MGS Database, I'll have to wait for the EU release before I can use my MGS4 saved data to unlock all the information, as you know.

I'm going to have to create a US account I think. We shouldn't be forced to, but unfortunately we have too. :(

First of all, be grateful you actually can do this. If you were on Xbox Live, not only would you be limited to one account, but it would be region locked. The reason for this is that a lot of content has multiple license holders depending on the country it is being released in.

For instance, Warner Bros owns the distribution rights to many films being released in Europe, while Universal owns the distribution rights to those same films, but only in North America. This is just one example of why a lot of media content has traditionally been region locked, in order to protect the legal rights of the distributor in that region.

Like I said, instead of complaining, I strongly suggest you not only thank Sony for allowing multiple regional accounts, but to also not expect that this will always be the case. In fact, I suspect Sony may be forced to put an end to it when they roll out their "Movie Store" on the PSN, for the very reason I gave regarding the complicated distribution rights for many films.

That said... Creating a US account is going to be even easier and quicker than creating your first account. I can create one in any region in less than 5 minutes. Once it's done, you never have to do it again.

In addition, you'll find that having multiple accounts can often be a good thing. I use my multiple accounts for organize and expanding my PSN Friends Lists. I also use multiple accounts to join various online gaming leagues. I have other accounts dedicated for my wife, kids, and some family and friends.

As for the MGS Database, I'll have to wait for the EU release before I can use my MGS4 saved data to unlock all the information, as you know.
I seriously doubt that is the case. I don't even own MGS4, and I downloaded it and have been browseing through it. The only thing that is "Locked" is info regarding MGS4, which if you look at the database is only a fraction of all the content. Besides, all you would have to do anyway is to download a completed MGS4 game save and copy it to your Game Data Utility folder, and then you would be able to look at all the MGS4 content as well.

I already have an US and Japanese account. But not everyone that has an PS3 would bother to make another account just for the demo or other content.

We always get nothing other than 2 or maybe 3 vids when there having a good day.
So wait... are you complaining for everyone who has not figured out how to make an account in another region? :odd:

If someone knows that the US store has a lot of content not found on the Euro store, then they not only know how to make an account, but more than likely know how to use the internet and search for info. There are countless numbers of sites... including this one that give detailed instructions on how to create a regional account. Not that anyone really needs it, as Sony makes it very clear how to do that any way. So once again, I have a hard time understanding why anyone needs to get so bent out of shape, or feel left out.

In Usa there is an even an really Playstation.Blog and thats something i wanted ot look forward to. Sony knows were an big share of there sales but were always left out:indiff:
Aparently you had not heard or searched for it, but you "guys"/Europe have one as well, and could have been easily found with a simple Google search:

Three Speech
About Three Speech

Based in the UK, this blog is produced in partnership with PlayStation.

It is semi official, an informal means of communication for PlayStation. Importantly, we avoid censoring content here, so long as Three Speech is used constructively. We hope to create an environment that is balanced, open minded and intelligent, and that avoids the routine of fanboy warfare..

We bring together people who have something valid and engaging to say about gaming and digital entertainment. Anyone’s invited to respond to threads; also to contact us about coming on board as a guest blogger. We can’t promise that PlayStation will respond to everything but they will get involved along the way.

In addition, there are no borders on the internet... there is absolutely nothing keeping anyone from Europe or any where in the world with internet access from reading, posting questions and participating on the Official PS3 Developers' Blob... just like anyone from the US. It's just a bloody website... It could be hosted anywhere for that matter. Information is information.

Once again, just look at what Nintendo and Microsoft have to offer regarding online multi-regional content... and count your blessings how nice and easy it is to browse and download content from other regions.... it could, and may someday be unavailable.

First of all, be grateful you actually can do this. If you were on Xbox Live, not only would you be limited to one account, but it would be region locked. The reason for this is that a lot of content has multiple license holders depending on the country it is being released in.

For instance, Warner Bros owns the distribution rights to many films being released in Europe, while Universal owns the distribution rights to those same films, but only in North America. This is just one example of why a lot of media content has traditionally been region locked, in order to protect the legal rights of the distributor in that region.

Like I said, instead of complaining, I strongly suggest you not only thank Sony for allowing multiple regional accounts, but to also not expect that this will always be the case. In fact, I suspect Sony may be forced to put an end to it when they roll out their "Movie Store" on the PSN, for the very reason I gave regarding the complicated distribution rights for many films.

That said... Creating a US account is going to be even easier and quicker than creating your first account. I can create one in any region in less than 5 minutes. Once it's done, you never have to do it again.

In addition, you'll find that having multiple accounts can often be a good thing. I use my multiple accounts for organize and expanding my PSN Friends Lists. I also use multiple accounts to join various online gaming leagues. I have other accounts dedicated for my wife, kids, and some family and friends.

No offence, but it seems like you're being overly hostile towards me, by saying I should be grateful, stop complaining and thank Sony just because I complained once about the Europe PSN store and once about having to create multiple accounts. I've known since I first purchased a PS3 that I can create US, JPN, etc accounts, but I've always been of the opinion I shouldn't have to. I don't care if Xbox Live does or doesn't give me this option, because I don't have a Xbox 360 and have no plans to purchase one. I have one master account, and a sub-account under that for my GTP ID and that's how I wanted it to stay.

I think that the stores should be as unified as possible and I don't think a large enough effort is being made towards that goal. Maybe they should delay content for a week if that's what it's going to take for every person to be able to access it at the same time.

I seriously doubt that is the case. I don't even own MGS4, and I downloaded it and have been browseing through it. The only thing that is "Locked" is info regarding MGS4, which if you look at the database is only a fraction of all the content. Besides, all you would have to do anyway is to download a completed MGS4 game save and copy it to your Game Data Utility folder, and then you would be able to look at all the MGS4 content as well.

What I meant was, the database is not 100% accessible unless you have a completed MGS4 save (the MGS4 content is locked). From what you said, you already knew\guessed this, so maybe I was just unclear. And yes, I could download a save, but it would be nice if I didn't have too.

Just to point out to anyone who gets confused by the Add-On category for the MGS4 Database; It is not actually an Add-On to MGS4. It is a free standing application, and it only requires an MGS4 game save file to unlock any MGS4 spoiler information. I don't have MGS4 yet, but was using the Database without a problem.

And it is kind of cool how they hide the MGS4 info. It is blacked out as if you were reading a government document and certain security information is hidden.

So, not really sure why Sony labeled it as Add-On Content, as it isn't adding on to any other existing software.

In addition, there are no borders on the internet... there is absolutely nothing keeping anyone from Europe or any where in the world with internet access from reading, posting questions and participating on the Official PS3 Developers' Blob... just like anyone from the US. It's just a bloody website... It could be hosted anywhere for that matter. Information is information.
Except this official information only applies to SCEA. European members commenting never gets anything other than maybe a "That is up to SCEE" type of reply. I understand this gripe as even with the Three Speech blog there is no official SCEE outlet and so the best they have can only say that maybe someone official will visit.

In all honesty, of the stuff I check out regularly the only people I have seen that pay attention to Europe is the Idol Minds staff running the PAIN! blog. Travis Williams and Jeremy Coker have been very good about keeping European commenters updated on when PAIN! was coming and after seeing how much Europe liked PAIN! quickly got the production staff to get their updates coming out at the same time. But that may just be Idol Minds in general as even on the Playstation Blog Travis Williams' latest post was frequently updated by him and he actually went through and answered every question raised in the comments section, addressing the commenter by their user name. In less than 80 posts he had responded twice, listing each person that had a question, in a @Username format, and then answering the best way he could.

I do completely agree that free stuff over multiple stores is not a major issue. It isn't as if we are talking about customizing your firmware and using homebrew software to do it. Creating multiple region accounts is allowed and openly discussed on official Sony forum sites. The only complaint I can see here is language barriers, but I have made due so far with the Japanese content.

I can understand that if SCEE doesn't put as much up on the store because SCEA already has it or the fact that they aren't working as hard to open channels of communication it can get frustrating. It does have the appearance that SCEE doesn't care as much. I mean, just because you can listen in on the cool kids conversation it doesn't make you feel better when you get picked last in gym class.

That said, the purchasable content is what chaps me sometimes. Japan is rolling in classic PS1 titles that I would love to get my hands on for my PSP (MGS1, anyone?) and even Europe has more than the US. So, I guess that until I actually happen upon a Playstation Network Card I just have to be jealous.

Man, it sucks that Qore is eating up all the content that's coming out on the Playstation Store! I wi----oh wait.

[/sarcasm]
I'll admit, I was suspicious at first, but things look good so far. But like I said before, the more I think about it the less likely it seems it would have a major impact. I think that even if Sony were trying to use Qore to make more stuff have to be subscription based that many of the third party devs wouldn't be up for it.

And a final question. I mentioned using Playstation Network Cards to buy stuff in other regions. Now, I know this won't work for anything on my PSP, like say the MGS1 port in Japan, because my PSP can only play software that was purchased from the same account my PSP is registered to through my PS3. With a one time demo this was a quick re-register and then register back, but for something that I would keep long-term this could get frustrating. So, nothing will be bought for my PSP from other regions.

Actual Question: Will games bought from other regions only be playable on the account that purchased it? Demos haven't had a problem, but then that was free. Does anyone know if purchased content on my EU account will still play on my main US account?

No offence, but it seems like you're being overly hostile towards me, by saying I should be grateful, stop complaining and thank Sony just because I complained once about the Europe PSN store and once about having to create multiple accounts.
My apologies if you feel offended, it's just that it's like an old tired out record that keeps on skipping and no one wants to take the effort to stop it.... in other words while your complaint may be your first, it's among a long line of similar complaints from others... and yet they not only aren't willing to accept that the solution is VERY easy... much like someone complaining that the remote to the TV is too far away for them to reach and instead of getting up off the couch, they just complain how bad the show is that they are watching.

My point to such people is to get off the couch (create another user account) and watch the shows you like (download the content you want)... however, I suppose some folks just like to complain unless they get exactly what they want, without at least making an effort to understand why not. :indiff:

Which brings us back to the fact that there are also very valid reasons for regional restrictions... which is why I brought up similar examples, where unlike Sony, other companies won't let you have access to other regional content no matter what.... thus people don't realize they are complaining about something that in almost all other cases they would never even have the opportunity to get in the first place... go figure.

I've known since I first purchased a PS3 that I can create US, JPN, etc accounts, but I've always been of the opinion I shouldn't have to. I don't care if Xbox Live does or doesn't give me this option, because I don't have a Xbox 360 and have no plans to purchase one. I have one master account, and a sub-account under that for my GTP ID and that's how I wanted it to stay.
I think you are making my point for me, unfortunately.

I think that the stores should be as unified as possible and I don't think a large enough effort is being made towards that goal. Maybe they should delay content for a week if that's what it's going to take for every person to be able to access it at the same time.
Wow... so in this case, all you care about is making sure no one else in the world has access to content before you. Is this yet another one of those "Me"/"Y" generation things that is plaguing our society right now? No regard for others, or restrictions and laws, just demand for self satisfaction?

Oh well... I have said my piece. Hopefully at least some people will get what I'm saying, and see the reason and logic in it.

To sum it up, and come back to the analogy, Sony gave us a pretty cool universal remote, and it even came with a nifty easy to follow online manual on how to program it so you can watch shows from other countries... but you have to at least make some effort to pick it up and press a few buttons.

💡

Wow this weeks update was pretty um... ..massive. I wonder how all the haters of Qore are feeling now.

But they got the guitar hero 3 songs wrong.
Cold Play Tracks are not right."Talk" Wrong. I wanted that song but tis not in the song pack, some other song is.

But they got the guitar hero 3 songs wrong.
Cold Play Tracks are not right.
Yeah, I know, they should have put a good band on there.
:sly:

Digital-Nitrate
Oh well... I have said my piece. Hopefully at least some people will get what I'm saying, and see the reason and logic in it.
I get it. I just don't think that certain people understand that Sony is not one big company with an office in each region, rather a conglomerate of smaller companies.

In the case of the three main regions we are dealing with Sony Computer Entertainment America, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, and Sony Computer Entertainment Japan. The companies are split in such a way because there are different laws, regulations, and ratings systems in each region. And let's not even talk about language barriers. So, what you have is three different companies that are trying to jump through the various hoops that are put in place where they are.

Now, it is easy to see why certain areas get certain things. Japan gets the majority of classic titles because many are in Japanese in their original coding. They are also a tech center and so I am guessing they probably have a larger tech workforce that can pump these things out. They also get a number of early demos pre-translation. Even the Hong Kong store, which is similar to the Japan store, gets certain titles delayed until they have an English and Chinese translation. After that they then might hit the other regions depending on if they will be going international and whatever technical region changes need to be made.

America gets a large amount of trailers and demos. We are a marketing centralized society. This makes total sense. Plus, it is a very, very large audience that all speaks mostly one language. Even many of those that don't natively speak English have a decent understanding of the language. There is no language conversion delays. However classic titles take longer because they weren't always rated before, and even if they were they sometimes have to be resubmitted if there are differences.

Europe has many different languages, so that causes delays. Plus, there is just a report out about tech devs in short supply in the UK. On top of that, even after languages are all translated and regional changes are made there is still a hurdle in that there are multiple ratings systems in Europe (PEGI and BBFC), so these titles also have to go through multiple ratings testing systems. There have been a few cases where content differs from country to country, likely due to speed of production or ratings process. Or just because of something I don't get.

So, while it does appear that SCEE is just not caring (and even I would want an official developer's blog for SEE if I were in Europe) a large part of it is that the European market is extremely large and diverse in many ways that affect a business and can cause delays.

That is something to keep in mind when complaining.

anyone having problems signing on to psn store
im just getting a message
'access to playstation network has been suspended'
never had this problem before

anyone having problems signing on to psn store
im just getting a message
'access to playstation network has been suspended'
never had this problem before

Yep, Scheduled maintenance, comes back up tonight, but no online gaming for right now.

From,
Chris.

Best the PS blog can say: "Soon" for FW 2.4, but IIRC not until next month according to a member here.

As your other question, I think they are doing it in stages, such as NA was the first to go through it, and then people in Europe went through it, etc.

AFAIK: it's up and running, atleast for some (I'm signed in right now)

From,
Chris.

Looks like FW 2.40 did a bit more than advertised.
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/02/ps3-firmware-2-40-spruces-up-psn-store/

playstationstore240upgrade-view.jpg

Right now, you're probably at work, reading this at your cubicle, wondering how exactly your two college degrees and years of hard work and ambition got you to where you are now. Meanwhile, our pals at PS3 Fanboy are at home, probably in their underwear, futzing around with PS3 firmware 2.40, high-fiving each other every time they find something "totally rad." This one took quite a bit of digging, but we agree it's pretty important.

The updated PSN Store brought Sony's web-based circa 1997 shopping experience into the 21st century, but it wasn't without fault. Most notably, the tiny icons often didn't communicate the content very well ... that is, if they ever loaded. Yeah, it had caching issues too. So, we're happy to report that as of today, the PSN Store has a new "view mode" which puts things into a list format, as seen above and, whaddyaknow, they're caching images now too so everything should be lickity-split!

Back