Official Playstation Store Thread

Are we the only ones that were aware of this? I've been doing it since I got my PS3 last year. I have yet to actually just add funds to my wallet.

Nope, I found out after I made my first purchase on PSN. It's the only way I buy things now.

Haha, I knew of it. But I wasnt sure why sometimes it wouldnt allow us to add the exact amount, but now i know it was because the total has to be over 5 dollars.

The $5 thing makes sense to me as I know a lot of stores that won't take a credit card for anything under $5 (some are $3) because after credit card fees and everythying they can barely turn a profit.

Are we the only ones that were aware of this? I've been doing it since I got my PS3 last year. I have yet to actually just add funds to my wallet.

Well I've only bought SSHD from the online store, but like you guys have mentioned I just put it into my cart, clicked purchase and my CC was charged for the exact purchase price. So I guess that means yes I was aware ;)

PlayStation Store E3 Release Plan
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/14/playstation-store-e3-release-plan/

+ Posted by Ro Hernandez // PLAYSTATION Store Team

Hi everyone – I’m Rommel Hernandez, and I manage the PLAYSTATION Store schedule.

With the E3 summit going down in LA this week, the PLAYSTATION Store will feature daily updates featuring fresh content straight from the conference. Check back often to download HD videos of some of hottest games featured at E3 from publishers like Capcom, Namco Bandai, Activision and THQ.

Also, here’s a quick look at some of the notable game content releasing this week:

- The Best of The Who Rock Band Edition
- Super Stardust HD Team Mode Add-on
- Elefunk an upcoming PLAYSTATION Network downloadable puzzle game

For daily update news, keep an eye on the PlayStation.Blog’s Twitter page or the module on the right sidebar. With all this E3 stuff going down, don’t forget to log on to peep out the normal Thursday update! This week promises to be one of the best ones yet with a variety of free and premium content for every type of gamer!

Have a great week!

Who needs G4?

anyone in the uk tried accessing the new video store with their us psn account? it doesnt work!

Robin
OUCH! Could it be a PAL/NTSC thing? The purchases, that I saw, were all SD only. Rentals were in HD.

Or, how could you buy them anyway?

One thing I will say, it has a huge selection. I was impressed to find shows like Arrested Development and Firefly. And the movie selection was quite large. The purchasing prices seem to be in line with iTunes for TV show episodes. I don't know what iTunes movie prices are like, but no movies were over $14.99 and many were $9.99.

Also, they have already updated part of the game store. The Rock Band "Best of The Who" DLC and the Super Stardust Team Pack Add-on are available already. I bought them last night.

The video section is AWESOME. Its so easy. And theres a lot of content available. Im loving it. You can download in HD for many movies too.

:eek:

I'm really impressed with the amount of E3 content on the PSN Store!

Also I don't know where I've been but I just found Lemmings in the Store, why oh why did I miss this one? I loved playing that game on the computer even though it's rather dumb. I really need to go though and look more closely at what else I've been missing. I have a good feeling I'll be expanding my library tonight.

:eek:

I'm really impressed with the amount of E3 content on the PSN Store!

I have not had a chance to look lately. Have they added even more E3 videos since last night?

Also I don't know where I've been but I just found Lemmings in the Store, why oh why did I miss this one? I loved playing that game on the computer even though it's rather dumb. I really need to go though and look more closely at what else I've been missing. I have a good feeling I'll be expanding my library tonight.

I love these PSN games, and like XBL arcade games, I think they are a killer value. For the cost of one $60 game, you can get several fun engaging and easy to pick up and play games. 👍

I'm not sure if they added more stuff, I haven't been in the store for about a week or so.

And I agree, I tend to have more fun with the cheap games you can buy through the respective store then if I buy a normal, disc game. However, I typically try to buy used games anyways since it saves on the amount of money I spend.

So far I've got Lemmings, the sky diving game, and Gauntlet II so I can reclaim a small part of my youth.

I haven't been on in almost 2 weeks because of wireless problems so I was even more overwhelmed. I filled up the queue (16 downloads) twice and then some... and that was with barely looking at the awesome movies section much less touching anything in there...

So far I've got Lemmings, the sky diving game, and Gauntlet II so I can reclaim a small part of my youth.

I did the same thing last year with:
  • Joust
  • Q*bert
  • Rampage World Tour
Nothing like reminiscing the arcade years! :D

And because they reminded me of some classic arcade games I used to like I also got:
  • Blast Factor
  • Super Stardust HD (Asteroids on crack as someone clever once said)
  • Cash Guns Chaos (similar to Robotron)
  • Go! Sports Ski (very similar to Alpine Racer)
Of those, the only one that disappointed me was Go! Sports Ski... but I think it was only $2, so for the cost I shouldn't complain. :)

My favorite PSN games are still the original modern PSN games like:
  • Echochrome
  • Operation Creature Feature (one of the best party games ever, and a huge hit with the kids and ladies) :)
  • Trials of Topoq
  • PixelJunk Monsters
  • Calling All Cars
  • High Stakes Poker
  • LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
I'd say all of these we play nearly as much, if not more than any of the disc games. The only exceptions would be:
  • SingStar
  • Hot Shots Golf: OOB
  • Lego: Indiana Jones
All of which get a lot of play time!

I and or members of the family used to play the following games a lot, but not so much any more - although I'm sure over time I'll be revisiting them:
  • F1CE
  • GT5P
  • Uncharted
  • Dirt
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD
  • Simpsons Game
  • Folklore
  • MotorStorm
Then there are the games I own that I just have never gotten around to playing much at all:
  • Eye of Judgment
  • Warhawk
  • Assassin's Creed
  • GTA4 (I know... and you'd think I wasn't a fan of all the recent GTA games, and yet I am... just haven't gotten into it yet is all)
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Lair
  • MX vs ATV Untamed
Then there are the games I am embarrassed to say I own and have either never even played them, or just barely:
  • Blazing Angels
  • Genji: DotB
  • Godfather: DE

I know what you mean about "Hidden" content on the PS store, I found the demo for Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War and played it for nearly 4 hours that night, I might end up buying it sometime.

From,
Chris.

I have not had a chance to look lately. Have they added even more E3 videos since last night?
As of the time you posted this, no. The God of War 3 trailer was teh newest thing. But a few hours later and they added a lot more. There were the Sizzle Trailers (PS2, PSP, PSN, PS3 each had their own) and Part 1 of the Sony Press Conference (1.2GB), as well as a few other things. I was getting ready for bed when I checked it, so I haven't actually watched any of the new stuff yet. It should have all downloaded while I slept though.

Is the sky diving game any good? I though the skiing game was alright for $2, but the same premise for skidiving at $5 seemed a bit more than I was willing to pay.

I am excited to see what goes on the store tonight. They said it would be a big week and our store update would be spectacular.

I wonder if that was referring to the video service or game content as well? I mean, we already have two DLCs, so it wouldn't take too much to make it even bigger.

The skydiving game is hard, the SIXAXIS thing is really weird to get used to. I think it will be fun once I figure out how to use the controller though.

Oh shoot! They added a Fantasy Football thing.

Too bad neither of my fantasy football leagues are made up of all PS3 owners.

Maybe in a few years the GTP league will be able to use it.

US PS STORE UPDATE

PS1 Classics for PS3/PSP
  • Rayman ($5.99)

Downloadable Games
  • Elefunk - Free Demo, or Purchase ($4.99)

Game Demos (Free)
  • NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Storm Playable Demo

Game Videos (Free)
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution Behind the Scenes Trailer

PS3 Themes (free)
  • Elefunk Theme

E3 Videos and Trailers
  • PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 2
  • PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 3
  • PURE Trailer
  • Project Origin Trailer
  • Rag Doll Kung Fu Fists of Plastic Trailer
  • Brother in Arms: Hell’s Highway Tank Mayhem Trailer
  • Prince of Persia Trailer
  • Mercenaries 2: World in Flames E3 Trailer

Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)
  • Starship Troopers 3: Marauder Trailer

US PS STORE FOR PC UPDATE

Downloadable Games
  • STAR TREK: Tactical Assault ($19.99) (also downloadable via PS3)
  • Rayman ($5.99)

E3 Video
  • PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 1
  • PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 2
  • PlayStation E3 2008 Press Conference – Part 3

So, does anyone know if Star Trek Tactical Assault is any good? I am a huge Trek fan, but $20 for a game that is only like 170MB has me a bit wary.

Because I can buy and put movies on my PS3 and PSP already.

I do not have a GPS. Or any of those nice PSP peripherals.

Also, for anyone complaining about PS1 games:
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/17/sony-exec-admits-we-havent-done-enough-with-third-parties-for/

Where are all the PS1 games? We chatted with SCE Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida about the lack of PS1 downloadable titles in America, and he admitted it frankly: "I'd like to see more games on that as well ... we haven't done enough with third party publishers."

In Japan, companies like Square Enix and Konami have supported the PSN by re-releasing treasured PS1 classics onto the PS Store. However, the rest of the world's catalog has been quite lacking. Yoshida explained that these digital downloads don't offer much profit, calling the potential monies "insignificant." He also noted that there are many issues involving licensing, especially with the music found in older games. That usually adds to the difficulty of bringing back PS1 games.

While lamenting the lack of PS1 support on the PSN, he did ask us a favor: "Maybe if you can convince the third parties."

In other words, start harassing your third-party devs.

The movies from the US video section are not compatible with the UK region PS3's.

Source

The games may be compatible but thats a different story with movies.
Riiight. I think you missed my point: People in Europe complaining have things that we don't have in the US also, and some of them I could easily trade in a video store for in order to get, because I don't NEED the video store. I can buy DVDs at the same price and play them on my PS3 or PSP (with a little conversion software).

Riiight. I think you missed my point: People in Europe complaining have things that we don't have in the US also, and some of them I could easily trade in a video store for in order to get, because I don't NEED the video store. I can buy DVDs at the same price and play them on my PS3 or PSP (with a little conversion software).

if I buy one of the videos on the store how would I transfer it to my PSP? how about renting?

I tried out Elefunk last night. It is basically a bridge building game and I didn't feel compelled to pass the second level. It took me forever to start the game because the developers deemed it ok to throw screen after screen about epilepsy and hard drive access before you start the game.

Back