Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
OK, I may be crazy sometimes, but not crazy enough to go on GTPlanet and say "Oh, look! I just got a picture of this guy's car! Yeah it's mine now!". I lived in Cheshire, Connecticut by the way. It's a small town in south Conn. I am not afraid for you to come over to my neighborhood and check out the car. It is parked in my garage I believe because it's still early spring. Go to Blackies and take a left, first house on the right. If that doesn't satisfy you enough, I really don't know what will unless my brother takes a pic which he will do. My town has been known around the US since tragic murders have been shown on CNN. I'm not afraid. The Blackies is on Waterbury Road BTW.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think taking pictures of titles is a bit too much. I totally agree that he could well own this car legitimately at his age (i'm of a similar age and looking at potential car purchases costing more than this Merc) but some things come across as a little odd.

He seems eager for forum members to post and view his members car thread, yet hasn't posted anything about the possible sale/sale of his car, and even posted this in my visitor messages:

MisterWhiskers: Sold the Merc. The gas sucked and, well, now I can't take pics.

Seems oddly convenient considering I asked for picture proof a little while before this was posted. Why post this on one members messages (also the member who requested the picture proof), instead of in the thread specifically for you car?

It also seems odd that he says the car is sold and mentions that he won't be able to get said pictures, yet now it appears the car isn't sold at all and he can get pictures.

MisterWhiskers
OK, I may be crazy sometimes, but not crazy enough to go on GTPlanet and say "Oh, look! I just got a picture of this guy's car! Yeah it's mine now!".

"And theres the snap...":sly:

I mean i don't even bother posting in some of the "what cars have you driven" threads. Reason is I have had some acquaintances that i have done work for (not getting into what kind of work because it is stupid stuff I did in my past) that have had some very expensive cars and with a lot of money put into them. I don't want to get accused of lying or the famous "oh it was a friend's car... Sure" debate about it. I can admit that I have never owned cars like that but have driven some amazing cars. Some people can't admit that they don't own this or that but some are truthful.

I do understand the assuming the person is lying part because I am sure some Internet thugs/fakes come in and say they own this or that. To those people that can't admit the truth to them I say... Sure I could say my friend's cars are mine but why be a fake? I am honest so i admit the cars are not mine. Wish everyone thought this way though.

I could go outside at this moment and scribble some gtp crap on a cardboard and take cheap pics of my cars. It's very easy to do.

I could go outside at this moment and scribble some gtp crap on a cardboard and take cheap pics of my cars. It's very easy to do.

It's 5:00 AM in the US and my brother is getting ready for school. He will take pics of them when he comes back. You see, I'm all the way in Europe right now, so unless I can run on water, IT'S NOT REALLY POSSIBLE TO GET THEM UP ONLINE!

I just told everyone where I lived and where the car is located and they still think it's fake? Hmmmm losing a lot of faith in humanity.

The point is that I could do this for numerous nice cars in my area, including 3 race-prepped 240z, a race-prepped GC Impreza, several Astons, several Maseratis, the list goes on. That is still no proof of ownership.

As the AUP states, be prepared to back up your claims with proof.

Your just digging yourself deeper and deeper into this.

It's better to just confess now. Trust me, I know.

The point is that I could do this for numerous nice cars in my area, including 3 race-prepped 240z, a race-prepped GC Impreza, several Astons, several Maseratis, the list goes on. That is still no proof of ownership.

As the AUP states, be prepared to back up your claims with proof.

Well as I said, tomorrow. And on that note,

Well as I said, tomorrow.

If you have proof, there is no need to get in a flap over what is being said in this thread. When you post the picture tomorrow, we'll all eat our words and you'll be the one laughing!

I can't see the video, in the case that it has relevance to this discussion.

Damn, I meant 9:00 :lol: I apologize.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I love it when they act tough!

OH HO HO, this is the internet! I am big and tough, woooooooo.

Back