Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
2mpju4y.jpg

Here it is. Your welcome (To my brother). Turn your head sideways lol.

From the other thread.

Nope. I said inside the car.

Anyone can find a car, write a note and stand by it while taking a picture.

As I said before, there is a whole list of cars I could do this for within walking distance.

Put down whatever location you'd like. I really couldn't care less as your IP address doesn't lie. Besides, that's not the issue, anyway. It simply adds to the equation.

Fine, if you think I live in Conn., than I will change my location. If it reads that way, that's OK. I don't want to lose my GTP account! :nervous:

Have brother make video with paper being placed on seat, on dash, on engine, in trunk. Have him unlock and start the car in same video.

Then at least there is nothing left for anyone to say really.

Then again. I could go to a friends garage where he has some one off million dollar cars and do all that too. He'd laugh about it and not care at all. Well he may think I'm pathetic and feel sorry for me. LoL

Where do you really live, and who has posted what in your name?

It was an entertaining day at least; dads, brothers, sisters, Europe, iphone, etc 👍

I just don't see how so many think it's impossible. It's not like he's claiming to own a Zonda Cinque. :sly:

Exactly. I can't believe you people are asking him to prove it. No one asked me to prove it when I said a random guy let me drive his E63 AMG on my 16th birthday (which did happen). Although I don't really know how I'd prove it.

Ok guys, let me give you some stereotypical facts. If you see a BLACK Mercedes/BWM with BLACK TINTED WINDOWS with the high beam turned on and driving fast down the road, he is an Albanian or Kosovar. FACT!!!

Now that we got that out of the way, what did MrWhiskers say he owned? (Or his brother owned?)

Edit

CLK55????? What is all the fuss about?!?!?!?!!?

TB
Put down whatever location you'd like. I really couldn't care less as your IP address doesn't lie. Besides, that's not the issue, anyway. It simply adds to the equation.

Entering the location of the user is voluntary, whilst their IP address has to be visible to the mods in either way.

I don't think there is all that much fuss. It's just a funny story to me, I love me some interwebz time to time :lol:

Sold the car but not really because the guy was going to come by some day or another, living in another country, sister had to help dad with the iphone so brother could upload a pic while being in the wrong timezone. It really was funny :lol:

Exactly. I can't believe you people are asking him to prove it.

If you post something as fact on this website, you should be prepared to back it up with proof.

When MisterWhiskers posted some pictures of 'his' car with no plates (iirc) and claimed that it was his, even though he is in Europe and the car is in the U.S, I thought it was a little odd and so called him on it.

A 23 (iirc) year old claiming to own such a car in, what are, quite weird circumstances (which arora covered briefly above), is what made me call him out, not the car or the value of the car itself.

As you see, there are a few things that don't quite add up, so calling him out has been quite worthwhile.

Exactly. I can't believe you people are asking him to prove it. No one asked me to prove it when I said a random guy let me drive his E63 AMG on my 16th birthday (which did happen). Although I don't really know how I'd prove it.

There's a huge difference between driving and owning. Very huge.

If you post something as fact on this website, you should be prepared to back it up with proof.

Ok, I should've said something along the lines of "How much proof do you want?" He's provided a picture, it's pretty obviously not photoshopped. And you (maybe not you, but someone) say he could just go down the street and get a picture of it, because Mercedes CLK55 AMGs grow on trees, obviously.

What do you guys want him to do? Do you want him to drive it to your homes with identification and proof of the identification being his (and real)? Though I'm sure he could've just went down the street and borrowed one, right?

Mercedes CLK55 AMGs grow on trees, obviously.

I have several £75,000+ cars within walking distance from where I live. It's not difficult to find an expensive or desirable car and claim it as your own on the internet.

What do you guys want him to do? Do you want him to drive it to your homes with identification and proof of the identification being his (and real)? Though I'm sure he could've just went down the street and borrowed one, right?

I've already stated that a picture of a piece of paper, with something similar to "Hi GTP, MisterWhiskers" written on it, inside the car is enough.

What is it with people making ridiculous suggestions in response to quite reasonable requests?

The car question raised a simple request that is common due to the unbelievably large number of false car ownership claims. Anyone who has been around well-moderated online communities long enough knows how to provide proof. When I bought my car I put a piece of paper with GTP and my user name on it in several different positions, and it isn't an expensive car.

The reason why it even matters is because it is against the rules, we all agreed to when we signed up, to knowingly post false information. The rule matters because there have been cases of these kinds of things getting massively out of hand and causing site wide issues.

In this case, the picture posted today would have possibly been enough, although exterior pictures can easily be photoshopped, which is why the requested proof is the piece of paper in the interior of the car. If the pic is through a window (much harder to photoshop) that is even better.

The issue now is that during his defense he claims to be overseas, in Kosovo, and to have had his brother post from the US, yet his IP address for every post appears to be in the same place, possibly even the same machine. I can think of a few reasons why that might happen, but it would need some explaining from him.

Ultimately, nothing here jumped out as being worthy of lying about, but then he dug a hole. Honestly, considering the image many in the US have of Kosovo, even that seems below lying about. This is one of those cases where a less combative stance would have ended this early on, but now he has misjudged time zones by more than 12 hours, even adding in the specific time-related activity preventing his quick response, and appears to be lying shut his location, as presented with IP posting location issue. His response has raised flags beyond the car.

And to be honest, at this point everyone, defenders and accusers, would be best served by stepping back and letting the mods handle it. Your own behavior won't get a pass just because you are proven right, and this has the potential to turn ugly.

Not good enough. I need the dealer to tell me personally that he sold it to him.

:P

Eks
Not good enough. I need the dealer to tell me personally that he sold it to him.

:P

You're letting his off lightly. I need the car shipped to the U.K, sold, and the money put in my bank account. Only then will I be satisfied that the car was his.

Back