Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Good catch. I know a little about dog boxes. Enough to know I don't know them well.

However your right. I am thinking Sequential has syncros and dog box doesn't.

I also thought most used sequential boxes for road racing and street cars. Dog box was more of a drag racers thing. Wide open no clutch up shifts?

Sequential boxes and dog boxes are the same thing pretty much although full sequentials are known to be stronger and you shift by pushing the gear stick forward and back. Dog boxes come as an H pattern which if you want to shift sequential style you have to adapt it.

The team I work for we had a 7 with a dog box needed a rebuild after ever weekend and that was 660bhp on low boost and 740bhp on normal boost on a 2.2 they were about £5k + vat + fitting.

Now we have a fully sequential box the same one Steve hill uses in his rally cross evo x in our evo x these boxes are £15,000 + vat + fitting.

You can shift with no clutch on both but it won't last.

He says that there's a hole where the gear stick should be in the save the manuals thread so how does he change gear?

Also on a dog or a sequential you don't press a button to go into N you actually shift "down" when your in first.

Last edited:
I don't mean this in a smartass or sarcastic way, so please don't take it as such, but wouldn't it just be easier to make a written rule stating that all vehicle ownership claims need to be verified? We could even just make a thread in the Member Rides where you verify your car. They do it on Reddit all the time (not with cars, but with verifying claims).

Edit: Ok I'll come clean. Glad to know people like to creep. I'm living a lie. I'm undergoing serious depression and its easy to get caught up in lies. Hope you're satisfied. I'll change my signature. The truism is that I have an all stock GSX, super clean, and my dads cars. I'm going to college next year and busting my ass at an internship. That's everything. Yes I'm seeing a psychologist about my depression. Done.

Also don't know why I do it. I'm very confused and it feels good to have something to talk about. People are weird and I'm no exception.

Last edited:
Edit: Ok I'll come clean. Glad to know people like to creep. I'm living a lie. I'm undergoing serious depression and its easy to get caught up in lies. Hope you're satisfied. I'll change my signature. The truism is that I have an all stock GSX, super clean, and my dads cars. I'm going to college next year and busting my ass at an internship. That's everything. Yes I'm seeing a psychologist about my depression. Done.

Well if matters. You are not alone in the "lie". You took the high road and come clean. Major respect for that.

As well the DSM is one clean sexy machine. Honestly I'd love to own it. Miss my old 98 GSX. It pulled in some hotties. LoL

No harm no foul. I've got two sons and worry about their well being. Raising them myself. Their mother is rather indifferent to say the least.

I worry about them online and how they will act.

Don't be too depressed man. You obviously got a conscience and enough integrity to come clean. That is some good qualities to have.

Keep doing things that are positive and live with in reality. You already made strides up with this post. :)

Also don't know why I do it. I'm very confused and it feels good to have something to talk about. People are weird and I'm no exception.

Major respect for coming clean. Don't be ashamed. Take care of your problem, it's good to know you are aware of it and are seeking help. Major respect there as well. 👍

Thumbs up for admitting it, still some nice knowledge of evos although having had experience of ikeya shifters its the little things that can catch you out ;)

Well, that was quick. Kudoos for coming clean. 👍

Better than dragging it out and making more of an ass out of myself, am I right?

Don't even worry about it. No harm, no foul. 👍

Glad I didn't majorly offend anyone.
Well if matters. You are not alone in the "lie". You took the high road and come clean. Major respect for that.

As well the DSM is one clean sexy machine. Honestly I'd love to own it. Miss my old 98 GSX. It pulled in some hotties. LoL

No harm no foul. I've got two sons and worry about their well being. Raising them myself. Their mother is rather indifferent to say the least.

I worry about them online and how they will act.

Don't be too depressed man. You obviously got a conscience and enough integrity to come clean. That is some good qualities to have.

Keep doing things that are positive and live with in reality. You already made strides up with this post. :)

This is the first time I've done anything of the sort. This forum will probably be a more genuine experience when I don't have to live out who I'm not. Also, yeah I love my 2G. I'll probably die with it. All stock and clean is hard to find these days

Major respect for coming clean. Don't be ashamed. Take care of your problem, it's good to know you are aware of it and are seeking help. Major respect there as well. 👍

Thanks for understanding.

Thumbs up for admitting it, still some nice knowledge of evos although having had experience of ikeya shifters its the little things that can catch you out ;)

Not surprising I tripped myself up, this has probably been going for the past 200 posts of mine, easy to get mixed up on a setup I don't have. I'd consider myself moderately knowledgeable when it comes to cars. Part of the reason I could play it out for so long.

Last edited:
So he's made over 200 non-fictitious posts, and nothing is going to be said or done about it?

I appreciate that he has come clean, and I'm sorry about your illness, but seriously? Nothing?

Half of the posts he's made have been made up!

So he's made over 200 non-fictitious posts, and nothing is going to be said or done about it?

I appreciate that he has come clean, and I'm sorry about your illness, but seriously? Nothing?

Considering there wasn't any controversy, there's nothing to really do about it. Who cares? What's done is done.

I was using the number of posts as a time frame. A lot of them have been about simulation racing games very few about my "car". I guess it probably started somewhere closer in my last 100 post timeframe.

What, do you want me to be exiled? Death penalty?

Considering there wasn't any controversy, there's nothing to really do about it. Who cares? What's done is done.

Errrrrm I don't wanna be a mini mod, but AUP?? You can't post anything you know not to be true, he's done it 100 times.

EDIT: I don't want you to be banned or anything but I think an infraction is in order.

Errrrrm I don't wanna be a mini mod, but AUP?? You can't post anything you know not to be true, he's done it 100 times.

EDIT: I don't want you to be banned or anything but I think an infraction is in order.

Again the number of posts is a time frame. Probably 20 posts have been about my "car". I'm sorry if I offended you.

I was using the number of posts as a time frame. A lot of them have been about simulation racing games very few about my "car". I guess it probably started somewhere closer in my last 100 post timeframe.

What, do you want me to be exiled? Death penalty?

He owned up to it with no fussing and whining like it usually does. A respectable act. He made up for it. :)

That bit had me in tears.

I don't even know.

I think in my head I was some Saudi playboy. I made the mistake of looking at some of my first posts here and I never want to do this again. It's just straight up embarrassing. :lol:

Never mind being retroactively banned. I'd like to be retroactively euthanised.

Back