Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
Speaking of banning...I'm just curious...Are there any moderators or staff members that were fired like they were "banned" by the GTP staff because they're acting like some people that were banned here?
There has been episodes in the past, yes.

I just gagged on my Cheerios.

:lol: Link?

You'll spit out those Cheerios while reading what @Spacegoat linked

Here is the quote from him I was paraphrasing though

I'm not claiming that no one finished.

What I am saying, is that it almost seemed a farce - I'm obviously biased towards touring cars, so maybe I should leave before really, really thrashing Le Mans... But I don't understand the purpose of a 24 hour race if it's not to be the pinnacle of engineering...

And, if the cars don't make it to the end, then they're not the pinnacle of engineering. I could take my Subaru Impreza, make it a hybrid, and get a Top 5 in LMP1-H.

That is what upsets me. The failure rate should be like 10%. That* would be exciting. Anyone would have the chance to win. A failure rate above 50% (if you count that Porsche as a DNF) means that a small class at the start is even smaller at the end. Woops.

I've waited so long for this!
tumblr_inline_n2jwynoRuO1rkj2z1.jpg

As much as I would hate to spoil a party, but I'm here to do that anyway:

To make this easier for everyone, yourself included, you have two options:

1. Prove your naysayers wrong.
2. Admit you were wrong or cease mentioning it from hereon out and it won't be an issue.

Now, not using textspeak on the other hand is a rule and isn't up for debate. Please adhere to the AUP you agreed to.

So a party may not actually happen...

Only been here for a couple of days? It took me years to come up with something of this caliber...

He is a master, I must learn from him...

I think I speak for us all when I say the disappointment from a claim that fizzles out is distressing. I know deep down we all want somebody to come along and bury themselves in falsity so we can revel in their embarrassment while watching them squirm.

We are bad folk.

We don't care.

It's almost unprecedented to have a forum this size and a severe lack of ludicrous claims by members.

The years have rooted out most liars. In most cases, you can't lie as easily on the internet...it's far easier to fact-check the questionable. Of course, there's always going to be a couple that will hang onto a lie for dear life.

It's almost unprecedented to have a forum this size and a severe lack of ludicrous claims by members.

I think GTP needs to soften the appropriate rules a bit, for our entertainment purposes. ;)

But if you induce the lies it isn't as good because everyone will be doing it. Would lose the trust aspect along with the fun within this thread...

Imagine how this kind of thread would look on one of those other forums though, 1 person getting singled out whilst others stand around, laughing, pointing...

"What do you mean 'lie'? I saw NISMOFAN96 and his google image model quality GT-R at our meet last week!"
"@FeRaReErUlEs me too, parked next to your Lamborghini and silver unicorn!"
"Nerd alert"
"Reported for being a troller, Grandpa!"

We almost need a 'fake' version of this topic. ;)

Someone starts a rumour and they have to face a barrage of questions from other members and try to hold out as long as possible, producing all sorts of badly photoshopped images etc. When they give up/have no other comebacks, someone else has a crack.

Back