Pics of yourself

• Thread starter keeno_uk
  • 32,520 comments
Mwahaha....

Heres sexy ash laying on my bed.... ;)

And this is not so sexy ash in my clothes....after we got very hot and sweaty in the garden...

🤬

Enjoy ;)

This thread, in the past, has been a great place to "Put the face in place"...but as of late it has become a cheap display of questionable material. If you have to ask, "should I put this up?" chances are pretty good that you shouldn't. We don't need members getting their jollies off at the expense of Gtplanet's integrity!

Pako
This thread, in the past, has been a great place to "Put the face in place"...but as of late it has become a cheap display of questionable material. If you have to ask, "should I put this up?" chances are pretty good that you shouldn't. We don't need members getting their jollies off at the expense of Gtplanet's integrity!

Pako laying down the authority there!

I agree though, enough with the nudeness, my girlfriend might just get a wee bit concerned....
:P

Pako
...and because of that, I'm extremely close to recycling this entire disaster of a thread.

It's become yet another place for the regulars who cannot resist the urge to slow chat to yammer about rollercoasters, post naked and semi-naked pictures to see if they can get away with it, and generally waste time, energy, and bandwidth.

Don't whine that "if the conversation forum was still open, we wouldn't have to do it here". Because when the conversation forum was open, you still did it everywhere on the boards.

It's really getting tiresome. GTPlanet is not a convenient chatroom for the personal use of a small group of members. It's not a place to play games with the rules or the staff, to see what you can get away with. It's a place to have reasonably intelligent discussions on a wide variety of topics, but you should take a little care to make sure that those topics are worth discussing, even if it is only humourously.

If you're just looking to kill time with inane blather, open a chatroom somewhere and do it. But there's no need to immortalize your inanity here.

Duke
Don't whine that "if the conversation forum was still open, we wouldn't have to do it here". Because when the conversation forum was open, you still did it everywhere on the boards.
If I remember right, this thread was alot quieter while the Convo forum was open. Yes the conversation did occasiony spill out into other threads but it's like saying if you fill a baloon with water and prick it with a pin some water comes out, but slash it with a knife and it all comes out.

It's really getting tiresome. GTPlanet is not a convenient chatroom for the personal use of a small group of members. It's not a place to play games with the rules or the staff, to see what you can get away with.
I don't think anyone here aims anything at the moderators. No-one I know has ever mentioned anything about baiting the mods. If we push the boundaries we apoligize, but it is neither on purpose or with malicious intent.
It's a place to have reasonably intelligent discussions on a wide variety of topics, but you should take a little care to make sure that those topics are worth discussing, even if it is only humourously.
I don't see how this thread is any less humourous than the recurring Pass and 'll foundation. I also fail to see how the threads about desktops, what you are watching, the ctrl and V thread and caption the avatar threads are any more inteligent.

ExigeExcel
If I remember right, this thread was alot quieter while the Convo forum was open. Yes the conversation did occasiony spill out into other threads but it's like saying if you fill a baloon with water and prick it with a pin some water comes out, but slash it with a knife and it all comes out.

I don't think anyone here aims anything at the moderators. No-one I know has ever mentioned anything about baiting the mods. If we push the boundaries we apoligize, but it is neither on purpose or with malicious intent.

I don't see how this thread is any less humourous than the recurring Pass and 'll foundation. I also fail to see how the threads about desktops, what you are watching, the ctrl and V thread and caption the avatar threads are any more inteligent.

I agree with what yo saying...i posted that pic not to "push boundaries" tho...i did it out of pure fun... i didnt mean to cause all this upset...but come on...it was a pic of me...and thats what the threads for :P

ExigeExcel
This specific thread, possibly. But many many other threads were full of OT chat. They still are, but that situation was no better when either the Test Forum or the Conversation Forum still existed - plus, we had the added headache of policing those two boards.
In your case, I'll buy that statement. But I can think of half a dozen members who purposely try to get away with as much as they can. A certain member is on his umpteenth account, after several years, all of which have been banned on sight. His stated purpose is to play "cat and mouse" with the staff. There are others who don't go to that extreme, yet who DO try to push the limits for no other reason than that they can.
It's not any worse, except that no one has posted pictures violating the decency rules in those threads. If they have, please report it. Pass and 'll is a relic of a different time on GTP and the thread has not been revived in months if not years. The other threads are under review as well.

Slowchatting swings up and down like a disease outbreak. At the moment it's headed for an epidemic, as a core clique of old users have come to expect tolerance of it. An influx of new users are assuming that slowchatting is acceptable, based on this attitude of entitlement shown by the same group of long-term users.

The same deal is in place that has always been: police yourselves, and the moderators do not have to swing their sticks. But from the staff's point of view, there is a certain group of long-term users who are not holding up their end of that bargain. This is a bad example for new users, and a lot of the recent problems with a few over-enthusiastic new names stem directly from that example.

It seems you're asking people below 20 to be as mature as over 30s.

I mean, I understand you'd be pretty annoyed by the immaturity of most posts. I know I am and it's become the reason why I just glance through the pages and sometimes don't even reply. But on the other hand, you're a Mod and as such you have to police around, especially in light of these pics.

But the fact is that except for Live4speed, Pako, you and I, the last 15+ posts have been from under 20 year olds. And as such you can't expect them to abide much by your rules. Especially when one similar picture has been posted before and not received a proper reprimand. And most of all when Famine and Jordan have previously said the pics, although not attractive, are neither offensive.

Famine's post
Jordan's post

Duke, this is not a personal attack. I'm just stating that other mods have "allowed" the previous pics to be posted. I'm not referring to slowchatting or anything out of the suggestive pics. I'm very much against slowchatting; in fact, I believe that's what chatrooms and IMs are for.

Diego440,

Thanks for the input as I'm sure Duke is also grateful, however this is not the thread to be discussing this. I would kindly ask in the nicest way possible to stay on topic and post 'other' topics in their appropriate area. People looking for pictures of members that come to this thread do not need to read about our moderation styles or what's best for the site. I'm telling you this publicly so others can read it as well and hopefully get this thread back on track. You do have some great points, but use Private Messages or the Site Feedback forum.

Thanks.

My most recent photo:

800523007_l.jpg

a6m5
Next time, you should post one with the Miami Heat gear on....... perhaps during the NBA Finals. ;)

Heh nah, i don't really own any to tell you the truth. Always thought it was overpriced. Especially when we've had a winning season. :lol:

SERIOUSLY, dude. Real Basketball jerseys cost like 200 dollars.

This thread was locked due to the amount of off topic banter that was going on in it. I have decided to unlock this thread, but any further off topic discussions will be deleted by myself or other staff members and warnings will handed out.

Thanks for your time.

Glad to hear it, Pako. This is one of my favorite threads. 👍

I went shootin' after work, took some photos.

Giant sized, "Seven Samurai" style, B&W photo. :D

The way you have your eyelids slanted, you look kinda like DK from Tokyo Drift. Your other pics though, you look completely different.

Back