Playstation 3 System Update Thread

You mean something like...this?

👍

yeah I knew about that but on the PSP after you download and before you install it tells you the changes and where they are located
EDIT @ DN: when I want to turn the ps3 off for whatever reason, or does it pause itself when you do that?

I would imagine you can since BD and HDD games work perfectly fine, theres even a little message that pops up in the corner when its done. damn shame about not being able to change themes though. I don't think its part of this update but has anyone noticed what happens when you select a folder of photos and hit start??

Whoa, that start on the folder thing is really cool. It has the same sort of feel as gt4, ya know?

So, can someone tell me what "Background Downloading" is? I dont understand why you would be able to download backgrounds, if this update didnt include changing the background.

Whoa, that start on the folder thing is really cool. It has the same sort of feel as gt4, ya know?

So, can someone tell me what "Background Downloading" is? I dont understand why you would be able to download backgrounds, if this update didnt include changing the background.
It means you can download things from the PS Store and play games and such while you're doing it.

Just got prompted to update my PS3 to FW version 1.70 when I turned my PS3 on to play Motorstorm.

New Features :

- You can now download PlayStation format software from the PS Store and play it on your PS3

- You can use saved data for PlayStation format software on the PSP

- You can use the vibration function of accessories that are for use with PlayStation and PlayStation 2 format software.

Edit: Don't download PS1 for PSP games. It appears as though PSOne for PS3 will be a new option in the coming days / weeks. PS1 for PSP games will not function / let you download.

Yes but DO NOT buy or download a PSP game if you don't own one. It will ask you to hook it up after the game is downloaded, so you need to have a PSP at the beginning, if you want to play it on your PS3 as well.

Yes but DO NOT buy or download a PSP game if you don't own one. It will ask you to hook it up after the game is downloaded, so you need to have a PSP at the beginning, if you want to play it on your PS3 as well.

Actually, it won't let you download it at all. Unfortunately, I had to discover this before checking any forums, so I just blew $6, though I'm sure if I call Sony's tech support they'll understand and hopefully credit my account or something :)

Not really. I don't mind not having background downloading available for the OS update.

If it bothers you though, you can simply get it from Sony's Playstation Site and install it later when you want.

Anyone in the UK/Europe/PAL Land seen this (both the UK and US PS3 sites still show V1.6 details) and what effect it will have for us. I'm mainly wondering if it will include any increase in PS2 compatibility. Being able to play GT4 and TT on the PS3 sometime soon would be nice.

Regards

Scaff

I just updated "via Internet" through the "Network Update" option on the XMB.

And I can confirm that GT4 now works after this update!

I'm not sure if Toca Race Driver 3 worked before, but it works now. But, it looks terrible.

Nothing else to report as of yet.

I just tried race driver 3, and GT4. Both look pretty bad, with alot of clipping. Ah well didnt buy a ps3 to play ps2 games...

:)

Yeah. Thinking about it, GT4 looks quite bad too, but I only played it in a couple of minutes. TOCA I looked at the menus, and they were MEGA blurry.

I'm downloading this now, will there still be games for PSP available from the original playstation or are they completely doing away with that and replacing it with games for the ps3

I just tried race driver 3, and GT4. Both look pretty bad, with alot of clipping. Ah well didnt buy a ps3 to play ps2 games...

:)

Sadly, my PS3 is hooked up to a Standard Definition TV. It really makes no difference for me anyways. At first I could tell a little difference between playing GT4 on the PS2 vs the PS3, but now I can't tell a difference because I got rid of the PS2.

If you are not getting force feed back in gt4 with the new update v1.7, you think it could be the gt4 version?? Original vs Greatest Hits.

Back