Playstation 3 System Update Thread

I just noticed that as well as it also appearing in the "Video" Section aswell. Is Sony that desperate to want us to buy stuff that they've decided to put the logo in unnecessary places as if we are too mentally retarded on how to access it?

Well, every Store button directs you to the category where its placed in the XMB. So the Store button under games directs you to the games section and the one under Videos to the video store. This can be pretty comfortable.

I just dislike the Store icon itself though, it doesnt look sleek enough compared to the rest.

EDIT: Is there even a Store button under "Videos"? :lol:
Too late here already.

This update seems kind of pointless. The "What's New" section is OK, but I will never use it.

My biggest problem with this update... is the increased font size and the bigger (and very ugly) icons. If I could revert them back to how they were originally, I'd be fairly satisfied.

Judging by the amount of negative comments on the US PlayStation blog, I think it's safe to assume something will be done about it.

Can you blame a company for wanting them advertise the PSN store? I'd/We'd do the same in their position.

Makes sense for PSN to be in Games too, most of it is games anyway.

They should have called it something else in each section like in games PS games, PS Movies and maybe PS Music so they can sell music downloads. They can also make the icons look different so people won't think it's all the same.

I thought i heard some mention of the changes not being forced on us, in a video preview before the update came out?

I would really like to change the friends list back to the way it was, does anyone know if that's possible?

Can you blame a company for wanting them advertise the PSN store? I'd/We'd do the same in their position.

Makes sense for PSN to be in Games too, most of it is games anyway.

That's ridiculous.

Sad thing is you're right. Where the logic is in using your product to advertise a service that was advertised on the product in the first place is just all kinds of 🤬 up.

Who the hell thinks these things up? Seriously?

Wow, the PS Store is so sluggish! I checked the Internet Browser and it was slow, too! I tested my download speed and they're horrible! They're much slower than just a few days ago.

Anybody else having a problem with slower internet speeds?

What was the change to the Trophy section? I don't see what the difference is, except it appears my % are higher. I still don't have the option to delete some games from my trophy list that I don't need or want.

Overall, a bad update, especially for "3.0" which I thought was going to be a big deal.

Sparkles are pretty.

Also, I couldn't find any of the new avatars they said they added. Couldn't find the premiums, either.

This update is meh.

I don't see what you are all complaining about - the new friends list looks more like the profiles, the in game XMB is faster, the loading circle is slicker, the status thing in the top is informative, the whats new is great and the sparkes are pretty. 3.0 10 out of 10.

Already disabled 'what's new', the extra link to the store is pointless, and the clock area on the top right is to wide for it's purpose.
The friends list doesn't look good either, but don't really care about that part.

And they should implement an option to make the icons smaller again, so that the XMB looks less cluttered.

I must be one of the few to actually quite like it, and have to admit that I quite like the ability to launch the last few games you have played from whats new (if its a HDD based game).

Regards

Scaff

and have to admit that I quite like the ability to launch the last few games you have played from whats new (if its a HDD based game).

My PS3 always displays the list of games when I start up, with the last played games on top, so I immediately have the same ability without the 'whats new' feature.

My PS3 always displays the list of games when I start up, with the last played games on top, so I immediately have the same ability without the 'whats new' feature.

With a quite full 160gig HDD I have put my demos/PSN Games/GT stuff, etc into different folders, so for me its actually quite handy having the 'what's new' launch option.

Serves me right for being a neat-freak and having to organise everything.

:)

Scaff

I must be one of the few to actually quite like it, and have to admit that I quite like the ability to launch the last few games you have played from whats new (if its a HDD based game).

Regards
Scaff

No you're not - Didn't spend too much time on it after DL (Which was surprisingly fast for once) but I do like the new look. And Mini Ninjas Demo and Rag Doll Kungfu, which I installed the other night and promptly forgot in the What's New menu - Nice!..

Found this on the US official forum :lol:, pretty much sums up my feelings about the update.

636472980_xLfP6-O.jpg

I am also quite disappointed... After this update Im having Internet issues... While playing GT5:P I had two occassions where the screen turned grey and snowy for 1 second and then it would come back... :confused: (Anyone else have this??) This is also something new since I updated... never happend before... I dont know whats up with it but I dont like it... "Whats new?" section is cool but the transition screen is annoying when youre zapping through the icons on the XMB... Friends list is also ugly... Oh well.. lets see what they come up with... How do I get rid of the sparkles and what happend to the PS3 splash screen when you start up a game?!?!? Thats a classic feature!! and sets the PS3 apart from the rest...

How do I get rid of the sparkles and what happend to the PS3 splash screen when you start up a game?!?!? Thats a classic feature!! and sets the PS3 apart from the rest...
To get rid of the sparkles, go the Theme Settings and set the Background option to "Classic". "Original" is the new sparkles background I think.

The Playstation logo has been dropped from game loading to save time. It was quite cool, but it's hardly a deal-breaker.

To get rid of the sparkles, go the Theme Settings and set the Background option to "Classic". "Original" is the new sparkles background I think.

The Playstation logo has been dropped from game loading to save time. It was quite cool, but it's hardly a deal-breaker.

Ah thanks! And I know the Playstation logo isnt a deal-breaker.. I thought it was just a nice thing that was charactersitic of the PS3... and it doesnt save very much time in the end... that splash was maybe 1-1.5 sec?? :) Oh well.. I can live without it, I wont lose any sleep :lol:

Yeah the PS3 gameboot was a definite eye candy and set the mood for the game.

Yeah its a Playstation tradition, there has been a game launch screen on every console and it kind of sets the tone like so you know your playing a powerful console! :lol: The PS2 one is kind of iconic now.

Robin.

I'm loving the integration of BBC iplayer! Wonderful stuff!

Also, glitter:shiny.

I don't know about you guys but I find the sparkles to be abit trippy and weird. If I really wanted Sparkles, I would just call up Chris Crocker.

OMFG Total overeaction attacks forums - GET TO THE CHOPPAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

C.

Fixed for nostalgic funneh:sly:

Noooo! no PS logo when starting the game? that's kinda sad :(, I'm getting more reluctant to fire up my PS3 and updating it now.

Does anyone have anything good to say about the 3.00 update? by the looks of it it's a total disaster!

Back