Playstation 3 System Update Thread

Well, I downloaded this last night and it took about 35 minutes. No problems otherwise. As usual, the download suddenly sped up after about 50%.

Really, when I heard there was a new update I was hoping it would fix something with Warhawk and the freezing, but that was all a blind hope. Right now I want anything my PS3 does to be related to Warhawk of GT5. Everything else just make me go, meh.

It isn't listed in the 1.92 Update features list, but I see they have now added the ability to select multiple files from the HDD to copy or delete. 👍

I think that was part of the 1.90, because I had copied multiple a few times already. I think the delete multiple might be new. Would have been nice when I deleted all four crappy demos from this past week.

New PS3 and PSP update on its way.

Sony
Taking into account customer feedback and some internal testing, we will be making available in the next few days a firmware update for the PS3 (1.93) that fixes the network disconnect issue that some of you have experienced as a result of downloading Firmware 1.92. In addition, we are adding a new firmware update for PSP (3.71) as well, which adds many features that readers of this blog have requested.

The main feature we’ve added with the recent updates for PSP is the ability to set themes on your PSP. Over time we will be providing themes on PlayStation.com, our official PSP site and through PLAYSTATION Store. You can download themes based on some of our popular titles. Be sure to download the files into the following location on your memory stick:

http://www.flickr.com/photo.gne?id=1362964314

Once you have downloaded a theme, under settings, go to theme settings, select theme and then custom theme to choose the one you want to display.

You can also now play music while viewing photos or a slideshow. First begin playing a track saved on your memory stick, press the HOME or SELECT button, then navigate to your photos under the Photo icon and begin viewing.

We’ve added several other features including scene search for movies, and you’ll be able to read about them in more depth on the usual update page once it goes live. When it does, I’ll update this post with a direct link.

Source - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/09/11/updated-ps3-and-psp-firmware/

Regards

Scaff

G.T
Ahhhh, that's cool then. I've been experiencing network disconnect issues too.

Ive been having loads of these playing GRAW online, I thought it was the server or something, glad its being sorted out...1.92 did seem to not go down well generally....

Robin

Honestly, for me... Once you play a PS3 title, it's terribly hard to play a PS2. It's like going back to a PSOne title on the PS2. You can do it, but..... How many of us really enjoy it?

;)
* Raises hand. :)

Finished Tomb Raider II a couple of weeks back (first time through shortly after the game was released we used the level skip cheat through most of the later levels - this time i actually played the entire game) and enjoyed most of it, particulary the first few levels.

A couple of months back i bought Metal Gear Solid and am on my second time through the game thanks to my brothers PSOne (see here), with the bandana. Will play through again with the stealth suit and then a fourth time with the tuxedo.

Then i have two choices. I recently bought Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (3 Substance is the next on the cards) so will either play that or Tomb Raider 3, which once again is a very recent purchase.

I still really enjoy PSOne/PS2 games and still think TOCA 2 is the best TOCA. Tried finishing it a few weeks back but the cars bounce too much resulting in spins. Just like i can't finish Gran Turismo 1 as the handling is just too difficult. :ouch:

Oh, i haven't actually played any PS3 games or even touched one, but i have spent a fair bit of time on my brothers 360 playing mainly Forza 2. Started a Test Drive Unlimited save a couple of weeks agao but don't see myself playing that a whole lot.

Apparently only a fix to the disconnecting issues people have been getting from the Playstation Network after 1.92

Oh no - my ps3 started working online with the 1.92 version!!! I guarantee when i upgrade to 1.93 it will go wrong again :(

Has anyone been disconnected from online GRAW games right after getting onto the map after loading?, has 1.93 fixed this issue?

Well, 1.93 certainly didn't fix my connection issues... It's exactly the same as before - I try to sign in, and it won't connect to the PSN network anymore. After restarting the console, it will work again.

Hmmmm...

All appears well here. Using remote play with my new PSP and it hasn't had any troubles (though I am connecting over a private network rather than through the Internet, if it matters at all).

My machine took 1.93 fine, all seems well, I will see if the connection issues with online play have been resolved later.

up-to-date and all fine, although I never had any real problems with my connection anyway.

You know, I had no connection issues, until I began DLing 1.93. Twice it disconnected from the server at 4%. It actualy worked the third time though.

For the first time ever I was annoyed at the requirement to upgrade. I figured my disconnection was that they were getting a lot of traffic at right at 5:30. I thought I woudl just go check out the PS Store updates while I waited, but no, I can't without my update first.

Bah!

You know, I had no connection issues, until I began DLing 1.93. Twice it disconnected from the server at 4%. It actualy worked the third time though.

No kiddin', I experienced the exact same issue. Personally I turned off the machine, went and ran errands and when I came back it downloaded fine. Odder still is that after the OS completed the install process I couldn't initially sign in to PSN. I was about to be none too pleased with Sony but before breaking things I tried logging in with my USA account (my default account is for the UK... long story) anyway once I did that it logged in fine for both accounts. Don't know, as long as it works right :)

I'm getting pig sick of these damn updates :grumpy: last week I done both my consoles with 1.92 then last night I go to bed to play COD3 online and it wouldn't connect because it demands the bloomin update again :crazy: how often are these updates gonna happen because I've had just about enough of them 👎 the cheek on Sony to have a wont connect you online until you update feature ... great console but damn irritating updates and so many of them!
1.92 was a much bigger download than 1.93 but with only a 1MB connection and 2 consoles to update ... If I have another update within the space of a week I'm getting rid of my PS3's ... driving me insane :yuck:

I love the fact that you can update the PS3 and personally have never had a problem with any of the updates, however it would be nice if SONY could do a little to help those who can't update as easily, such as not making it necessary to update until a major one comes along, 1.9 2.0 2.1 etc. also they should make sure updates are available in other forms, I haven't personally seen a single game use this feature yet, and I'm sure they could even sell cheap memory cards or usb drives with the update on them that you return or throw away once updated.

1.92 was a much bigger download than 1.93 but with only a 1MB connection and 2 consoles to update ... If I have another update within the space of a week I'm getting rid of my PS3's ... driving me insane :yuck:

If you do, let me know. There's a crumpled Ayrton here for ya. :D

If you do, let me know. There's a crumpled Ayrton here for ya. :D

I'd probably let one go for 30 crumpled Ayrtons at least considering they cost me 75 crisp Ayrtons for both only 2 months ago :sly:

Great offer anyway! .. but sadly I must shy away ;)

I'm getting pig sick of these damn updates :grumpy: last week I done both my consoles with 1.92 then last night I go to bed to play COD3 online and it wouldn't connect because it demands the bloomin update again :crazy: how often are these updates gonna happen because I've had just about enough of them 👎 the cheek on Sony to have a wont connect you online until you update feature ... great console but damn irritating updates and so many of them!

if you have 2 consoles, then why not updating 'em using flash memory method ?? it'll save you lot of time .
you download the update file from the internet using your PC ( its good even for the people who get disconnecting issue )

i know you all will say from where we can download the update ? not availble at PS website .

teh only thing i'm not sure about is updateing NA PS3 with an update file for a japanese PS3 gonna work or not.

my PS3 is japanese ver. and evry update Sony release , teh japanese playstation website uploades it at the first day its availble

actually i've never updated my PS3 firmware by downloading it directly from the PS3 , cuz i always feels that downloading anything from the console it self is slow , and never uses my connection full speed

teh only thing i'm not sure about is updateing NA PS3 with an update file for a japanese PS3 gonna work or not.

my PS3 is japanese ver. and evry update Sony release , teh japanese playstation website uploades it at the first day its availble

Sony advises that you only ever use an update provided from the consoles purchase region and that updates from others are not guaranteed to work and it could mess up your system turning it into a paperweight!

So if yours is a Japanese region one only get the update from the Japanese website.

As for the console updating on its own can someone clarify whether it will...

......download the update of the regional account your are logged into at the time?

......or just the region you are in the world?

......or it knows what region your console is and provides the right update?

This has always been a question I've wanted to know the answer to because it says nothing about it anywhere!

Robin

Sony Talks Up PS3 Update
Posted on 15th October 2007 09:11 GMT by James Sherwood
A Sony executive has left PS3 fans all a-quiver after promising to release a firmware update "soon" that will improve the console’s support for Blu-ray Disc interactivity features.

Don Eklund, VP of advanced technologies at Sony, reportedly made the promise at the recent HDTV DisplaySearch conference in California. Unfortunately, he didn’t say anything more specific about the release, leaving PS3 buffs to speculate about what new interactive features Sony might introduce to the console.

The Blu-ray Disc Association has already mandated that all Blu-ray players launched after 31 October must feature picture-in-picture video playback, so Sony could be prepping things to make sure any PS3s sold after that date are compliant.

Any Sony update will follow hot on the heels of an interactivity features update for HD DVDs, announced recently by Universal. Its release consisted mainly of online shopping features, such as merchandise or trailer downloads, and a function allowing users to share their favorite movie clips with friends directly from their player.
Sounds like the rumors of a BD 1.1 update for the PS3 maybe true, and that possibly we may see the update DTS had mentioned they were working on to allow the PS3 to decode DTS-HD MA for those that do not have external audio processors with DTS-HD MA decoding.

I guess we might as well update this thread with the arrival of 1.94 on the Ratchet and Clank FTOD game disc, either by starting the game or simply going to system update, then choose the update by media option. The only noticeable change is the addition of "controller settings" on the PS button menu which replaces re-assign controller option and contains a new setting for the forthcoming rumble of the Dualshock 3. If you absolutely must update now then go rent or buy R&C as it's a great game and is currently the only way to get the update.

EDIT: sorry if to get anyone excited :)

Back