Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
I'm not too thrilled with Home to be honest. I haven't made it to the pool hall or whatever yet, but it looks like a money pit for Sony. I think items should be free in a beta. $0.99 for a sofa? Maybe its just me, but there used to be quality downloads for games that were free. Now everyone feels the need to charge for every little thing.

What is playing in the theater anyway? I was waiting a good 15 minutes in there for the video to load and then Home locked up.

Do you have to pay for a tv on home? I would really like to fill that stupid space in my room where all my sofas are located.

Like I said, I'm on a slow connection, so the people haven't loaded up properly.
Nah, it's not a slow connection problem. Mine's blazin, and yet I get ghosts for a little while. I just takes a bit. Probably one of the problems they're going to iron out.

Is it just me or are some of these video game girls lookin' enticing? That's horrible, lol. I wonder how they're going to deal with weirdos harassing people. Block them? Ban them?

I use a male avatar and when i was sitting at the bowling alley I had someone come up to me and situate their face in places where it basically looked like oral. They walked off after I told them grow up though.

I've noticed a lot of people saying stuff that doesn't even make sense.

What is playing in the theater anyway? I was waiting a good 15 minutes in there for the video to load and then Home locked up.

I wandered into a theatre and watched a short video on the GT Academy, not sure what else is going on in there.

So far Home doesn't have much to offer, but it's bound to get better in time.

TB
You'll find out soon enough when the e-police come knocking on your door. :sly:
I wouldn't doubt it, actually. Cops walking around looking for people saying stupid crap. I've already mentioned a few naughty words though, and all I got was a few friendly laughs. Complaints about not having a "toilet" in the apartment, etc.

There's a lot of good possibilities and a lot of bad ones. Surely they've got to put the limit on self-expression somewhere though.

Experiment. Buy stuff. Check out the hot chicks.

One proper observation I will make is that I think the extra content like cloths and homes are way overpriced. Imagine the number of things in the future. It wouldn't be hard to spend hundreds of real life dollars on that stuff. Obviously Sony did it to make money, but jeez, imagine the shopaholics--now it's going to be so easy they'll just spend all their real money here! If I want a couple fancy houses screw paying $50 for them all, then paying to put furniture in them. It's either Sony is going to make a killing or they're not because other people think its all too expensive, too. Iono.

Sure didnt' take long to go from "It's out but I can't get on!?!" to "I'm on. So now what?", did it?

You mean in a way that you don't already do on this here forum?

Is Home meant to be a game? It's just a networking place. A forum you can walk in, sort of. With music. I'm kind of partial to the real forum, though.

Ok...let's try this.

How can I have fun in HOME without spending a dime?

Yup, all the fun in home can be had without spending a dime, unless you find joy from interior design or clothing...

From,
Chris.

Whenever I try to leave my home I get an error, be it the plaza, theatre or the farcry spot. It boots me off home and makes me sign in again. Is it because im in a US server when I'm not in the US? I really hate the Australian home, nothing in there except a shopping mall, plaza, bowling and a theatre, no far cry etc.

I know what HOME is.. it's Second Life Help island, without moderation or proper guides, filled with pre-pubescent idiots.. for now.

Home is pretty lame so far. Hopefully the bowling alley is better, but so far the only good thing is Listen@Home.

I have a few questions and I would be grateful if someone could answer them.. :)

1. Can you turn the camera up down invertion off?

2. If you download rooms on other accounts can you delete them from that one account alone? i.e. if I want to delete home content on jpn account I dont use.

3. How come the EU Home again gets the short straw and currently doesnt have any extra spaces like Far Cry 2 and Uncharted? I also thought Diesel was coming launch day with some promo clothing.

4. Can people on your friend list see what clubs you have sent and invite / joined?

5. Is it true that the closed beta people could get all the clothes, furniture from the stores for free? And did they all get the summer house free? If so DAMN you guys were lucky..

6. Is it me or is the bowling way too sensitive, I thought it would be like Wii Sports.. then I threw the ball and was like.. OH, it isnt!

I also have a few comments about home, firstly it is sadly filled with the same sleeze as any other uncontrolled online environment with people being extremely rude to others and I have also seen the way women (or so called women) are treated in there... real pity because its only a few loosers who are like that in there... most of the other people are quite plesant.

Robin.

agreed with most of your points. I lost count of how many of those snot-nosed brats called me fatty gay or something along those lines :P

Im downloading the Aus bowling centre to see if it boots me out like America does. If not, then I can't use america which is dumb because I liked the uncharted and farcry spaces. Also, the Aus welcome message is different to Americans. Meh such is life.

If you had read back earlier in this thread, they said the FC2, Uncharted and Deisel areas, aswell as the redbull island would be available next week, becuase there are some localization issues (NA = 1 primary language, EU areas = Multiple Languages, so more to transalate).

From,
Chris.

I agree with everyone complaining about home being pretty lame so far, especially if you didn't have access to the closed beta... for example, what happened to the home plaza? It used to be freaking awesome place with plenty of (hidden) spaces to explore, but now - well, now it's just a small, quite boring... plaza lol. (i know there's a new mini game, but that just doesn't cut it!) Also the listen @ home area was much nicer, now you barely can see it?!
...the new gamespaces don't impress me much, too - they appear rather depressing and seem to be designed as a stalkers' heaven.
Of course, just my opinion and first impressions...

Last edited:
So far I dont have an opinion because my internet is to damn slow atm. I dont want to wait a whole weekend just for an opinion. In any case it has lots of potential I suppose.

So far I dont have an opinion because my internet is to damn slow atm. I dont want to wait a whole weekend just for an opinion. In any case it has lots of potential I suppose.

Well that's for sure it has a lot of potential!
I have slow internet too, but absolutely no lags whatsoever ... which leads me to my old theory that you can't judge connection quality purely by connections speed ( not that you would have said that ) 👍

There's a lot of lag in Home now, compared to before the open Beta. It's not bad, just a noticeable amount.

Home is just a nice place to meet people and chat, while bowling a few frames or shooting pool. I hope a mini golf course opens up. That would be an epic addition.

It's really a hit or miss if you get to join in. I went in, then out, then quickly tried to go back in and couldn't for 15 tries, or so. Be patient, try and play a game if you get bored trying. The off hours should make it more easy. I remember a few times I was all alone in the US closed Beta a few times, so it should at least slow down in the after hours.

Is there a way to manually adjust the zoom level on the ps3. People who live in my house came home and im on the 58cm or something, the picture in home and others doesnt fit the screen, i'm mainly fussed about home because I can't see the text boxes.

Back