Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
Yeah but don't ask me to join you because as I explained im on a bad connection atm and farcry has taken over the square download. I will add you though. Both accounts. Add legendary724 and ill add you from my gtp version.

Yeah, downloaded he prity quickly then started to get errors, expected them though. I've only been trying for 10 mins but I think i'l leave it and try it in the morning when you have all fallen asleep on your couches or actually remembered to go to work!
I love these Sony moments, its just like when no one could download the GT5P PSN version or the updates, or the system update 2.0 its almost fun!

I now have 8 wallpaper designs to choose from. How many do you guys have?

Wallpapers? Wha? Where?

For those that don't realise, each space has about 50 users with 14 or so slots for friends. So, we're not all in one space together. When someone a few posts back said meet me in the Home Square, I thought I should say something - chances are we're not in the same 'space'.

This is true - the best way to meet up with friends is to invite them or click "Go to" under their names and follow them yourself. So long as they're in the same Home region, that is. Otherwise, "Go to" will be unclickable.

I can't can't get out the house at the moment.

Just go to another location using your personal blackberry. (At least, i like to call it that...just press the start button.)

I love these Sony moments, its just like when no one could download the GT5P PSN version or the updates, or the system update 2.0 its almost fun!

I know what you mean... it's a great litmus test on seeing how different types of people react differently to the same situation.

One thing is for certain, all the doubters that claimed that no one will care about Home if or when it ever got released have certainly been silenced, or at least it's impossible to hear them over all the "noise" people are making over wanting desperately to get into Home. Heck, even the main stream media is reporting on all the heightened interest in Home.

If you dare visit the official NA PS forums, you'll see that over a thousand new posts get added every few minutes! It's crazy! Heck, even this little thread has exploded in just the last few hours.

I can count me as one of the naysayers in terms of not personally believing I would have any interest in using Home... but after just a short time in the Beta, both my wife and I got hooked fairly quickly. At the very least one can admire the amazing level of detail, options, and control you have in creating very life-like avatars and while roaming around Home.

Heck, my wife is already hoping there will be ways of building your own house in Home, and then using Home to experiment with various interior design features and then be able to walk around in it to see what it "might" be like if applied to our home.... if that happens I might have to "accidentally" change her sub account settings back so that she is locked out of Home, and then blame Sony for the problem. :D

I would be worried too. Adding a kitchen and bathroom would make any women happy. I'm still waiting for my stupid download that I didn't want right away to finish.

I compliment something though, the ability to do stuff whilst downloading other things.

Wonder for how long there will be these kinds of connection problems. And what it depends on. Sure it may be crouded now because it's new, but what if it's always crouded? I mean, it's something that every single PS3 owner has access to.

Maybe a day or 2, it is still recovering from the massive download hit and I think half the people gave up so it is recovering. Im still signed in so I don't know how it is now.

I'm still not able to get in, I'd imagine that I would be better off if I had my wireless set up correctly, but alas, you have to call 2Wire to get the password for it, and I think their support line is closed ATM.

From,
Chris.

I have great news to report!

After daring to post a thread in the insanity that is the *Official NA PS Home Forum, thanks to a very helpful member by the name of psxexpert, I found out how to make it so a sub account has access to Home! 👍

* I'm not exaggerating... the majority of people posting in that forum are so fanatical. I've even been accused of being a 360 fanboy in there.... go figure!

While it sounds, and in my opinion is backwards thinking, the trick to getting a sub account into Home is to log in to the PS3 as the Master Account that controls that sub account. Then go to the PlayStation Network menu bar and be sure you are signed onto the PSN. Now select the Account Management option. The select Sub Account Management. Then select Parental Control. It will then prompt you to put in your password for authentication. Then select the sub account you wish to change the settings for.

Now you will see the menu where you can set restrictions on chat, content, and spending limits.

The trick here is that while it would make sense that having the content restrictions turned off is not only something you would do if it was just a secondary account, or that of a spouse, but for some reason Home doesn't like that.

So in order to allow a sub account into Home, you must be sure that you have the Content Restrictions turned ON. If so, then that sub account will have access to Home.

Now what I still do not know is if by having the content restrictions on... what if any content in Home or in games, or on the PSN store will be "missing" or blocked for that sub account holder.

I asked my wife to tell me if she notices anything strange, and if so to let me know. I'll gladly pass on what I find out for those interested.

Bottom line at least, while Sony still has to figure a way for us to be able to change a sub account to a master account, at least there is a work around that will allow sub accounts into Home. 👍

Thank you very much for this buddy. :) 👍 Will try that shortly.

I think someone needs to start a Club in Home simply titled "Paradox", as a tribute to the late great Groucho Marx...

A club for those that refuse to join a club that would have them as a member. ;)

Well, thats was a success. I was logged on for hours and snapped some shots of far cry 2 home space. I got some, just after that it gave me DNS error, did that twice then I went home. Both times I got in on my first or second try, us server BTW. Dling the plaza thing now.

Like I said, I'm on a slow connection, so the people haven't loaded up properly.

Last edited:
i want to buy a new shirt and i can't :( other than that i find Home pretty cool for online social interaction. It'll only get bigger and more extensive with time so, all i can say is good job Sony :)

It seems our own personal space is the ONLY stable area. I was in the plaza for all of about 2 minutes and it booted me. I park my virtual dudes ass on the chair on my balcony and let it download areas, atm it is a bowling alley.

Question: Where are the arcade machines etc?

Back