Playstation Home Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 2,153 comments
Picture frames are 3 bucks and there is a limit to how many you can put in your appartment plus where you can put them... which kinda sucks. Not that I can even get one because im on EU home :yuck:.

Regarding the following quote from the E3 Comes to PlayStation Home announcement:

This shindig is running for the entirety of E3. That’s right – 3 full days. So whether you’re a morning bird or a night owl, you can come into PlayStation Home and check out this hot footage. We’ll also be giving away limited-time, exclusive virtual items. But you’ll have to keep your eyes peeled and make sure that you are in-world all-day, every day if you want to get them all…

This may come in handy for those interested, although some of the codes may not work any more:

NPLHT-Shirts2.jpg

I don't know about any other items as I have not had any time to check out Home the last couple days.

Yup all those shirts we didnt get, all we got was a Buzz space which broke after 5 mins and had to be taken down.

Hey guys
I have a problem with HOME now.
Since E3 started, I can not Play HOME.
I get log in, I see the NEWS section , I even Downloaded Latest Patch. I press X. WWW window shows and loads. after few seconds it stops, my PS3 is frozen, I can't press PS button or log in the game to play... I hvae to restart my entire system. I can't log in.. whats wrong? Is it the server? Or do I have to delete and re-install HOME?

Anyone know how much the picture frames are?
If I remember correctly, it's $4.99, which I think is outrageous for the frame.

That said, I just threw down for the Ghostbusters Fan Kit - Stay Puft T-shirt, Slimer T-Shirt (which I'm currently sporting), Ecto-1 T-shirt (all for both genders), the Ecto-1 Toy, Stay Puft Figure, Slimer Figure, PKE meter and the Ghost trap prop for the living quarters. Now that's a much better deal for $1.99, especially considering the 5 decorations are going for $.49 each.

I showed Dragonistic the mazes in Xi last night and he enjoyed them as much as I did.👍

Edit: Interesting, only 1 butterfly and 2 fragments to go in Xi.

Last edited:
Yup all those shirts we didnt get, all we got was a Buzz space which broke after 5 mins and had to be taken down.

Seeing as they are all the same shirt design, just different colors it likely isn't a big deal for most. On the other hand, you might want to check the stores in the Shopping Centre... as once again EU got a lot of new free stuff no other region has.

In fact, as a reminder to EU users who think they get no exclusive Home content, here is just some of the free stuff you all have that no one else has:

SHOPPING CENTRE

DIESL (1st floor)
  • Male

• Torso

1. Tembad: Bad Society T-Shirt
      2. Sodal: Green Sweat Top
      3. Kaprix-Service: Black & White Stripped Cardigan
      4. Tems: Grey "Only the Brave" T-Shirt
      5. Tiamacole-Tris: White Hooded Top
      6. Kupid: Light Blue Woolen V-Neck Hooded Top
      7. Jublend: Light Jaket

• Female

• Torso

1. FRUNY: "Animal Inside" Sweater
      2. TELIT-D: "Only the Brave" T Shirt
      3. SATIPE: Denim Jacket
      4. GIUZY: Black Jacket w/ Stripey Shoulders

• Legs

1. MATIC: Slim Fit Blue Faded Jeans
      2. ALLIP: Denim Skirt w/ Light Blue Cross Over Straps

Original V Shirt Store (1st floor)

• Male

• Worry Free

1. Indian, 1967

• Female

• Worry Free

1. Indian, 1967

Home Threads Store (2nd floor)

• Male

• PlayStation Home

• Headgear

1. Do-rag
        2. Trilby
        3. Rorschach Hat & Mask (removed)
        4. Nite Owl II Mask (removed)

• Hands

1. Rorschach Gloves (removed)
        2. Nite Owl II Gloves (removed)
      • Torso

1. Black Watchmen T Shirt (removed)
        2. White Watchmen T-Shirt (removed)
        3. Rorschach Trenchcoat (removed)
        4. Nite Owl II Torso Armor & Cape (removed)

• Legs

1. Snowboard Pants
        2. Baggy Jeans
        3. Rorschach Pants (removed)
        4. Nite Owl II Pants (removed)

• Feet

1. Old School Trainers
        2. Suede Boots
        3. Handmade Leather Shoes
        4. Rorschach Shoes (removed)
        5. Nite Owl II Boots (removed)

• Jewelery

1. Square Diamond Stud Earrings

• Accessories

• Spectacles

1. Classic 50s Sunglasses
          2. Black Glasses
          3. Ski Goggles

• Star Trek

• Torso

1. Starfleet Uniform - Blue
        2. Starfleet Uniform - Gold
        3. Starfleet Uniform - Red
        4. STAR TREK logo T-Shirt
        5. STAR TREK T-Shirt

• Legs

1. Starfleet Uniform - Black Trousers

• Feet

1. Starfleet Uniform - Black boots

• Transformers

• Torso

1. TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen T-Shirt

• Female

• PlayStation Home

• Headgear

1. Do-rag

• Torso

1. Jumping Dolphin Sleeveless T-Shirt
        2. Lone Wolf Sleeveless T-Shirt
        3. Padded Gilet Over Fleece
        4. Black Watchmen T Shirt (removed)
        5. White Watchmen T-Shirt (removed)

• Legs

1. Leggings
        2. Flared Jeans

• Feet

1. Suede Boots
        2. Designer Shoes

• Jewelery

1. Round Diamond Stud Earrings
        2. Diamond Encrusted Earrings

• Accessories

• Spectacles

1. Classic 50s Sunglasses
          2. Wraparound Sunglasses
          3. Ski Goggles
          4. Designer Sunglasses

• Star Trek

• Torso

1. STAR TREK logo T-Shirt
        2. STAR TREK T-Shirt
        3. Starfleet Uniform - Red

• Legs

1. Starfleet Uniform - Skirt

• Feet

1. Starfleet Uniform - Boots

• Transformers

• Torso

1. TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen T-Shirt

Home Furnishings Store (2nd floor)
  • Chairs

1. Log Cabin Armchair
    2. Log Cabin Dining Chair

• Ornaments

1. Log Cabin Tall Vase
    2. WATCHMEN Comic Book (large) (removed)
    3. WATCHMEN Comic Book (small) (removed)
    4. WATCHMEN Apartment Clock (removed)

Now to put all of this in perspective, you know what NA Home users get free in the Mall, well do ya???

Some T-shirts and that's it:
  1. Resident Evil Degeneration g-Virus T Shirt
  2. Resident Evil Degeneration Leon Kennedy
  3. Resident Evil Degeneration Claire Redfield
  4. PATAPON - Blue
  5. PATAPON - White
  6. PATAPON - Pink
  7. PATAPON - Green
  8. Angels and Demons
  9. inFAMOUS/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  10. Resistence: Retribution

So EU users... enjoy. 👍

Also enjoy all the new trailers that are now up and running in your fancy multi-plex Home Theater. :)

BTW: As you can see they have now removed all the Watchmen items... which means that perhaps the Star Trek items will also be going away soon, so if anyone still hasn't downloaded them yet and wants them, better do it sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
... But yet I all I see is EU users complaining about Home and how we always get the rough end of the stick. I dont see nearly as many people from the US complaining about the stuff EU Home gets.

If you looked at the official EU playstation forums during E3 every other thread was people slagging off EU Home, there are petitions to get equality between the 2 and theres even a website! http://www.sceeea.com/

Clearly if one side is voicing this more than the other its got to be based on some substance and eventhough Ive seen the list of stuff we have that the US doesnt I still agree with those who feel that EU home is lacking.

Even if we do get stuff first US home gets its very quickly (look at how quick the US got the podium space) yet we still dont have the uncharted space which is like a year old! The Buzz space will now probably come out in the US before it even works in EU Home!

As for some of the stuff we didnt get, we didnt get the chamber nor the E3 shirts which I still think are great because of the colour range, we most likely wont get the ghostbusters stuff either. Someone made a pic showing all the stuff we dont have so far but I cant remember where I saw it.

Bottom line is the US gets more exclusive stuff and the stuff we get exclusive for the most part eventually makes it across to the US, especially spaces.

Robin.

... But yet I all I see is EU users complaining about Home and how we always get the rough end of the stick. I dont see nearly as many people from the US complaining about the stuff EU Home gets.

In this thread alone (which I assume you see) fortunately the majority of EU users are not complaining, and most likely understand why there are differences, and also likely understand both regions have their advantages and disadvantages... and also likely understand for most things, using multiple regional accounts will allow you to see and use stuff from other regions.

Which BTW is why some of us, rather than complain, go out of our way to inform all users from all regions what content is available in our regions as well as regions other than our own so that others will have an opportunity to see and or get it.

Sure, there's no shortage of complainers on any subject, and no shortage of online petitions and websites dedicated to people who enjoy complaining... that doesn't mean or make their complaints reasonable.

However, seeing as you brought it up, one thing that bothers me is that so far I have yet to see a single person who is complaining about content for EU ever list ALL the things the EU region has gotten over the last two years before anyone else, and in some cases is still exclusive to EU users.

In fact, just today EU got yet another exclusive service, and a free one at that, but that only works for PSN users in UK, Ireland, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia.

Then there are the many games, like SingStar, Buzz!, and Ferrari Challenge that was released to EU users months before anyone else. Heck, EU even got GT5:P three weeks before us, yes, it's not a big deal, but it's just another example that EU users who like to complain tend to ignore. More of a big deal are the many games that have been released on the EU PSN store that have not been released here. Then there are the many DLC releases that were released for EU users long before anyone else... in fact I'm still wondering how long its going to be before we get the Ferrari Challenge DLC which was EU stores already have. :indiff:

If someone is going to complain about any supposed unfairness in content from one region to another, I expect them to then also list all the content that they got before or that no other region has before they start bitching about it... and so far I haven't seen anyone that has.

It would also help if they expressed an opinion or better yet an understanding on why some content is available in one region and not another... as even SCEE has made official albeit basic explanations on why in some cases this happens.

I've posted it several times before, but in nut shell, it's not nearly as easy as some might suggest, to release content world wide. Not only are there many legal hurdles depending on the content, what needs to be changed in order to allow it to be released, and the cost of doing it, and how many different companies have distribution rights.

Yet, despite how many more countries are represented in Sony's EU/PAL region, it STILL gets a great deal of content before anyone else... and yet still people claim otherwise. :indiff:

Oh well, as long as there is an outlet for people to complain, I'm sure it won't ever stop.

As for news on Home... last week the official EU PS Blog announced a new personal space coming out in June based on Killzone 2. Interestingly enough, the official NA PS Blog has yet to even mention it. Any way, here is the article:

New Killzone 2 Content Coming To PlayStation Home
Posted on June 5 by Victor Zuylen – Editor, Killzone.com

Hello everyone! My name is Victor and I’m the Editor for Killzone.com at Guerrilla. For my first post on the European PlayStation.Blog, I have the honour of announcing the new Killzone-themed content for PlayStation Home.

Have you ever peered out of the windows of your cosy Harbour Studio apartment and wished that the view was a little less… serene? Maybe you’ve stared down at the calm, sunlit marina and wondered what it would be like to overlook a burning, war-torn cityscape. Perhaps you feel that the clean, contemporary architecture of the Studio doesn’t quite possess the grandeur to match your megalomaniacal ego.

3595229844_82661acd86.jpg
3595229958_75309b502b.jpg

The Visari Throne Room apartment for PlayStation Home is just what you need. Based on the throne room inside Visari’s Palace from the final mission of Killzone 2, it combines the majestic proportions of Helghast architecture with the regal aesthetic of the Autarch himself. Tastefully lit by a hellish, alien sunset, it is guaranteed to impress and humble anyone you invite over for a chat.

Of course, no palatial chamber is complete without stately furnishings to match. For the Visari Throne Room, we’ve created five pieces of furniture based on actual palace furnishings from Killzone 2: two types of Visari-style chairs, an administrative desk, a plant container with authentic Helghan vegetation, and a freestanding painting which portrays an important moment in the colonial history of the Helghast. In Killzone 2 these were mostly used by Radec’s elite guard to barricade the palace hallways, but don’t let that stop you from arranging them however you like.

3594423129_46890870a0_o.jpg
3594423145_2df0f47c31_o.jpg
3595230014_1481e9ee05_o.jpg

3594423213_62022a50e0_o.jpg
3594423255_f63ee874b7_o.jpg

The Visari Throne Room and matching furniture are scheduled for release in the second half of June, with pricing TBD. Be sure to visit Killzone.com soon for a closer look at the new PlayStation Home content, including additional images of the throne room!

Last edited:
I had about $4.00 left over in my wallet from buying Rock Band songs and I did a very bad thing...

3618511479_3998877098.jpg

I bought some fake Nike Dunks, some fitted jeans, a matching jersey with a jacket, a matching fitted hat, and some wrap around glasses. I took a pic chillin' with my Duckies of Doom.

Sweet looking personal space, can't to get it it, and finally, a TV.:drool:

As mentioned in the quote, it's a painting:

Of course, no palatial chamber is complete without stately furnishings to match. For the Visari Throne Room, we’ve created five pieces of furniture based on actual palace furnishings from Killzone 2: two types of Visari-style chairs, an administrative desk, a plant container with authentic Helghan vegetation, and a freestanding painting which portrays an important moment in the colonial history of the Helghast. In Killzone 2 these were mostly used by Radec’s elite guard to barricade the palace hallways, but don’t let that stop you from arranging them however you like.

Hey guys, i guess this is the right thread to put this in. Anyway, i just got my PS3 hooked up to the "3 Mobile Internet", i downloaded PS Home, but then it had an error during install and didn't install. I'm wondering if there is any way to access the downloaded file and install it without having to download it again? (as i would be using up more file allowance GB thingy).#

EDIT : Redownloaded and it installed without any problems.

Last edited:
So. Somebody has set up a GTPlanet.net group within Home. I applied to join it just for giggles but haven't yet had a reply. I tried a forum search here but all the referral links lead to this topic (just on various different pages). I don't have to have "GTP_" in front of my PSN ID do I? It is IronMask75

I applied to join ages ago too, but didn't get accepted either :( *goes away in a huff*

The reason is, (I think) that groups are limited to just a small number of members at the moment, and the gtplanet Home group is full - either that or we both smell, and nobody likes us :grumpy:

I got some free stuff yesterday from various stores...

Overall home is much larger than when I left but, my god, it lags to the max. I walk around and my person jumps from spot to spot, dunno if thats cause people are loading or what, I'll try and work it out later.

I got some free stuff yesterday from various stores...

Overall home is much larger than when I left but, my god, it lags to the max. I walk around and my person jumps from spot to spot, dunno if thats cause people are loading or what, I'll try and work it out later.

I've used Home with a slow (1mb/sec) connection recently and it was quite smooth, the only areas I see jumping is for the first 30 or so seconds in the EA space (I'll admit thats quite bad, your better off waiting and letting everything load) and other than that just within 1 or 2 seconds of entering a new area. Other than that its perfect.

I just got the City Penthouse personal space in Home, and it's pretty funky - certainly the biggest personal space yet... I am drawing the line (for the moment anyway) at buying any clothing or daft items in Home, but I am prepared to buy the personal spaces as and when they come out. I had a friend around last night to show him the Log Cabin area, and to show off my interior design in the Harbour Studio, where I have constructed a maze :D

Anyway, the new area is more worth £3.99 than the Log Cabin and the Summer House areas IMO 👍

I just got the City Penthouse personal space in Home, and it's pretty funky - certainly the biggest personal space yet... I am drawing the line (for the moment anyway) at buying any clothing or daft items in Home, but I am prepared to buy the personal spaces as and when they come out. I had a friend around last night to show him the Log Cabin area, and to show off my interior design in the Harbour Studio, where I have constructed a maze :D

Anyway, the new area is more worth £3.99 than the Log Cabin and the Summer House areas IMO 👍

Does it come with any new items?

...City Penthouse...Log Cabin...Harbour Studio...maze...Summer House...
So if I log into my UK account, can you invite me to them for a tour? I imagine I'll have to download them before I can enter. Anyway, if you're up for it sometime, send me an invite. I can show you my US based hella boring Harbor Studio and Chamber apartment, both complete with Ghostbusters ornaments! :D

Does it come with any new items?
As far as I can tell, it only comes with a Sofa and a corner sofa, available to buy in the Home store... no freebies though :indiff:

TB
So if I log into my UK account, can you invite me to them for a tour? I imagine I'll have to download them before I can enter. Anyway, if you're up for it sometime, send me an invite. I can show you my US based hella boring Harbor Studio and Chamber apartment, both complete with Ghostbusters ornaments! :D
I'll be on Home shortly, I'll add your UK account to my PSN list and send you an invite :)

Back