POLL: Do you believe that the Marketplace is now dead ???

Do you believe that the Marketplace for trading is now dead?

• Total voters
United States
New York, U.S.A
XxOnLySBz4mExX
Do you believe that "The Marketplace" is now dead due to the recent update v1.05 v1.07?

This Save Data exploit is being abused. (people are duplicating cars!) along with the "Birthday Exploit"(which now covers all the cars in the game with a few exceptions).

Does this mean that those cars that used to be hard to find like the Formula GT have significantly lost their value?

Feel free to post your opinions on this topic, and thanks in advance. :cool:

Last edited:
How can they lose value? The B-Day exploit should have already done that for anyone buying them on E-bay, but are you really serious? Its not like there is an in game Marketplace to buy and sell your hard earned( or not) cars, so as long as the game keeps charging you the same, and giving you the same when you sell, its impossible to change value....right?:dopey:

It could be useful for people to get cars they have a hard time getting. Also with all the money available it could lead to inflation.

How can they lose value? The B-Day exploit should have already done that for anyone buying them on E-bay, but are you really serious? Its not like there is an in game Marketplace to buy and sell your hard earned( or not) cars, so as long as the game keeps charging you the same, and giving you the same when you sell, its impossible to change value....right?:dopey:

I totally agree with you . . . but it was my understanding that the Formula GT could not be aquired via the B-day Glitch. (correct me if I am wrong please.) :)

Last edited:
I don't see how the marketplace can die because of this.

There are 10 or 12 cars randomly picked - nothing else. Does anybody even know how often that dealership will be updated? I got past midnight, but nothing changed at that time.

If you are looking for a specific car then the marketplace is the best place to look, no doubt.

I totally agree with you . . . but it was my understanding that the Fromula GT could not be aquired via the B-day Glitch. (correct me if I am wrong please.) :)

No, you can't B-day them. Before the update, only cars that are rare are FGT, F10, F2007, X1 and cars without a year next to their name. But now, they're a dime a dozen. So no, the marketplace is not dead. There's just no more inflated car value.

Nope not dead, seems the online dealership is specifically for cars needed to race such as the FGT and a truck, not rare cars generally.

R

I'm not going to be doing any copying or birthday glitches to get other cars.

I'll either grind away and have money waiting for when a car comes up or see if it comes up in the Market place.

Sure there will be loads doing it this way.

The Reason I'm going to say no is because there is still a cost for those cars. You might find someone who bought one and wants to trade it for something else rare. so no.

I have voted that its dead.

Even if there are still trades happening its dead to me - now a pointless part of this forum as the cars traded are not earned but cheated or duplicated - PD have not provided a solution to stop the cheating occuring.

Marketplace can now officially be called 'Exploit Trade Section'. Come cheat here.

I'd like to add thanks to Jordan for creating such a section on this forum but his efforts have been wasted due to exploiters/cheaters.

Could have been a great way to trade cars people genuinely had interest in - now you can get what you want by cheating/trading with cheaters who dont lose the car in the trade.

Last edited:
The Reason I'm going to say no is because there is still a cost for those cars. You might find someone who bought one and wants to trade it for something else rare. so no.
By duplicating, even one single car could now be spread to each and every one of the 5.5 million GT5 users in a little more than three weeks. There very soon won't be anything that's rare anymore.

It's not dead, but all of the cars are virtually equal in value now, as they are all easily obtainable. From a collector's perspective, every car is now an equal piece of the puzzle.

It sucks for people that spent a lot of time obtaining cars (their prized bargaining chips are not so prized anymore), but great for someone just starting out.

In a way I think it's the way the game should have been in the first place: less emphasis on the strain of collecting, and more about driving. I think a nice reasonable balance would have been having all the cars for sale in the dealership between $10K - $2 million (every car attainable yet with varying degrees of difficulty).

It's ironic that the game was originally intended to present outrageous obstacles to obtain some cars, and the market dictated that it should be exactly the opposite.

Yeah marketplace is dead. I will finish the trades I have promised and will be done with it. So now instead of griding to earn enough credits to get that car you really want, you now have a garage full of all your cars that you could ever want. Maybe someone will figure out a way to cheat to get XP points too, and then maybe a cheat for unlimited credits, and maybe a cheat for all gold in everything. Arcade mode should have had many more cars to choice from, so people who just want to drive will have a better option. Leave the GT life mode alone, for those would want a more indepth experience. A lot of people complained non stop that the game is boring and not enough of this or that, so what do they do CHEAT to make it even easier.

I hate how they did the save backup. I'm glad i wont loose my data, but the best thing about gt has now been killed by making any cool car you see online utterly worthless!!!

Chris

Voted yes.

I was happy with the gave save back up as I wouldn't want to lose my garage/stats etc but like most others the threads in the market place about copying game saves/sending the x1 are a joke. :(

Oh no, my pokecars are all worthless now! Boo Hoo!

This is nothing new, I used to copy my GT3 save to my friends' memory cards so they could just hop in and buy cars and race them, y'know, do the thing we all want to do.

Very disappointed with the marketplace now. Finally I got a Formula GT, thinking now I have a good bargaining chip to trade for the Le Mans/Group C cars I want. Not anymore FGT is totally worthless, people are just giving them away.

Very disappointed with the marketplace now. Finally I got a Formula GT, thinking now I have a good bargaining chip to trade for the Le Mans/Group C cars I want. Not anymore FGT is totally worthless, people are just giving them away.

I totally agree with you after weeks of trying and searching I finally got the FGT on December 19, 2010 1 day before the v1.05 patch released. I traded 4 cars for it 787B, Sabaur C9, 908 and my R10. Now only to find out that they have significantly lost value the next day. :grumpy:

I'm glad that the offered the FGT in the online shop (as I JUST missed it in my UCD before getting enough credits).

However, the marketplace is just so damn packed with BS x1 trades and it really makes it difficult for HONEST traders that want to trade for other cars OTHER than the x1. It's so bad that there should just be a dedicated sub-forum for X1 BS. It really is annoying.

Latest Posts

Back