POLL: Do you believe that the Marketplace is now dead ???

Do you believe that the Marketplace for trading is now dead?

• Total voters
I don't think the Marketplace is dead, I think it still (can) thrives, since not everyone is looking for cars over the 1 Million Credit cap.

To me, it seems like PD has fixed a problem just like lots of other technologists fix them...they fix a side effect instead of the root problem.

If they made it so that people couldn't dupe cars, then you wouldn't have worthless cars being traded. Instead, people would be losing a car in their garage to trade, instead of giving away a car that they've already duped. In that case, trading would be legit, and you'd have:

- A person giving away a car to a friend that needs one (not having already duped it)
- Trades in the marketplace where cars actually change hands that have real value.

This is a common problem. Fixes generally "work", but they take away other functionality that they don't have to, because they didn't really address the root cause. Although I'm guilty of duping cars, I would have welcomed a fix that prevents duping compared to this. However, I'm not supportive of this approach because it prevents me from being able to trade cars that I may actually want to swap.

Also, since we can't trade, why can't we at least sell our cars that are worth more than 1M cr? I've said that all along, and now we've really lost the ability to get value out of our cars...can't sell them, can't trade them...etc

Lets compare this to previous GT games.

Not being able to dupe cars was a good thing. The satisfaction in winning a really hard race to get a cool car was fun. With the crazy duping & trading people are getting their hands on cars so easy. Being good at this game has no reward. Unless your strict enough on yourself to keep that challenge going. Which I do, and I know some people here do.

Sorry if this has been posted already but the marketplace is like your ucd sometimes for long periods nothing interesting pops up but then something cool comes and bam its alive again

I really don't care about the question, I just like voting. :sly:

Seriously though I don't think it's made a difference. It's made cars more rare but then there's always ways of trading for them; tickets, etc.
When someone needs something then they go to the marketplace, so no it's not dead - there's always demand.

Back