POLL: Do you believe that the Marketplace is now dead ???

Do you believe that the Marketplace for trading is now dead?

• Total voters
All I know is that I put up an advert for a Vauxhall VX220. I got three guys telling me I could have one for

• An FGT or Mazda 787b.
  • A Peugeot Team FAP
  • Any Ferrari F1 car.
Does that constitute a marketplace? No,...not really.

Most people want way more than they give back. For this reason I gave up on the marketplace a couple of months ago.

It's a marketplace - but it's definitely a suppliers market right now.

I suppose the problem is that the true worth of cars ranges from 0 to 0.
Well, not quite. The true value of any item is what others are willing to pay for it. That factor is determined, not just by money but various other things including the rarity of the item and the time spent in order to obtain it.

The problem at the moment is that X1's, FGTs and 787bs are easier to obtain than a Vauxhall VX220.

Too true. Which means they should be asking for 0 mile 400Rs instead of X2010s.

It's a barter economy. You just have to learn how to dicker.

Its half dead to me. T'was a time when you could post a wanted thread, get the car and thats that. Now every John Mick and Barry are posting there wanted lists or merely just a link to their garage so I don't bother anymore because my thread will just end up on the 6th page within an hour.

It will keep the activity level in the marketplace lower now. Gives the mods some freed up time from all the stress of the threads.

It will keep the activity level in the marketplace lower now. Gives the mods some freed up time from all the stress of the threads.
Actually, I would think that it gives them more work.

Just look at the amount of complaining threads that appeared since the patch.

Damn PD for doing this now... I was 2 hours posting up all the cars in my garage today and then I hear this... I was just about to try and complete my garage even though I only have about 100 cars... but then again it might help me get people to race in my F10 league since everyone now has it! :sly:

Thank God... no more X2010 All Colors threads.

Now all we have to do is clean up all these "neener neener" threads.

Indeed!

Personally, almost all the fun I've had in the game actually driving has been in sub-million cars anyways. The Macca F1 being the exception that proves the rule. Oh, and the TZ2. Not many of the very expensive ones excite me, so this doesn't bother me much from a personal for-fun aspect.

It does bother me that I have no choice but to drop to 0 credits on my main save if I want one of the 20 million cars, though.

Thank God... no more X2010 All Colors threads.

Now all we have to do is clean up all these "neener neener" threads.

Amén!!!

I used to have a nice and tidy car shop, with specially made pictures of used cars and all... those "professional X1 hunters" destroyed all the fun.

Best update ever. It's fun to watch the people who can't earn cars by themselves cry and moan over not being able to use exploits anymore. I'm a bit sad that we can't trade serious race cars anymore, but hey, totally worth it to watch the tears and angst fly.

My favorite part is all the kids saying that the update will be "repealed" XD

Repealed... After they find a way to stop the duping. Good luck with that.

It's just like the real economy....supply and demand. Everyone's gonna have an FGT and an X2010 now, and then they're going to duplicate it. So when everyone has one and theres 2 floating around for every person that trades, there's a huge supply and no demand. FGTs and X2010s will be a dime a dozen now. The marketplace won't survive because of this. And with the massive increase in prize money (A-Spec Dream Car Championship yields over 1,000,000 in prize money in around 1 hour playing time), you could almost say that PD helped kill it if it indeed does collapse.

I think you're not too far off the bullseye in fact.Particularly now that wether your PS3 has 2 or 20 accounts you can only do a trade per day,it's indeed dead for me by trading to a trickle so...bring the shovel.

I wish they gave us a bit of warning about the patch because I am supposed to trade someone my Toyata GT-one and he has already given me my car. An X1 neon orange.

Back