[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me right now, enjoying us getting the candidates we deserve.

501854a2ef9a82d6d2a6bb41a11f16f875229bf03401c21932650c94117daf28.jpg

Do you guy think that Trump can beat Hillary? I do not, I'm still having a hard time believing the GOP will give him the nomination. Suicide if you ask me.

It's suicide if they don't as well though. It'll rip the GOP apart if Trump doesn't get the nomination also. Just my $0.02

So to me it looks very much at the moment to be Hillary. I know who I will be voting for regardless of whatever happens with the two major parties.

Don't vote for them then, there is no clause that says vote for whoever is the most likely to win

Oh, I won't vote for either of them because I don't think either of them are competent to lead the country. Unfortunately though, third party candidates don't stand a chance winning in the US at this time, so even though I'm note voting for either of the two front runners, I know one of them will ultimately win.

Do you guy think that Trump can beat Hillary? I do not, I'm still having a hard time believing the GOP will give him the nomination. Suicide if you ask me.
Too early to call. Depends on Trump's demeanor and whatever skeletons come out of either closet from here on in. I think the mudslinging has not yet begun in earnest.

@Dennisch
I meant I couldn't believe the first thing I thought of was a 20 year old Simpson's episode. It seems like time flew by.

Let's see if these two "candidates" can convince us to change something now.

Let's see if these two "candidates" can convince us to change something now.

They won't. There is a proven neocon and a crazy man that will hire neocons to run his cabinet. Same same.

Interesting thoughts from a former Bush White House staffer:

David Meyers
While I disagree with many of Hillary Clinton’s policies, she is clearly qualified to be president. She possesses judgment and self-restraint. She does not have a track record of irrational, risky, and unsound business decisions and public comments. She has a long record of public service. She can be trusted with controlling our military and nuclear weapons. Mr. Trump cannot.

Any Republican who claims that it’s better to elect Donald Trump than Hillary Clinton either lacks proper judgment, or has become so blinded by partisan ideology that they have lost objectivity.

Oh, I won't vote for either of them because I don't think either of them are competent to lead the country. Unfortunately though, third party candidates don't stand a chance winning in the US at this time, so even though I'm note voting for either of the two front runners, I know one of them will ultimately win.
While a third party won't win, they could get enough votes to gain the full funding and access the other two parties have in the future. If a third party is to be a serious contender in the future, now is the time for them to make their move.

While a third party won't win, they could get enough votes to gain the full funding and access the other two parties have in the future. If a third party is to be a serious contender in the future, now is the time for them to make their move.

Yeah, but how likely is it? As far as I can remember (read as long as german media has been broadcasting news about the election) there only have been two parties, at least two that matter.

While you could argue that here in Germany it's no different (it's either CDU or SPD), the others at least get some recognition and are mentioned. Does this happen in the US as well?

Why does everyone think that Trump will cause WW3? All this talk that we have seen so far is to gain votes and popularity. If he is a true politician most of his promises will turn out to be hot air at best.

Yeah, but how likely is it? As far as I can remember (read as long as german media has been broadcasting news about the election) there only have been two parties, at least two that matter.

While you could argue that here in Germany it's no different (it's either CDU or SPD), the others at least get some recognition and are mentioned. Does this happen in the US as well?
Maybe once every solar eclipse.

Agreed, which is one of the reasons I'll be supporting a third party come November instead of just abstaining from voting altogether.

Agreed, which is one of the reasons I'll be supporting a third party come November instead of just abstaining from voting altogether.

Isn't it possible to vote invalid?

It's certainly an option here in Germany. If you're not taking up your right to vote and don't visit your pole site, your vote could/will be distributed to the candidates and parties, whereas if you're voting invalid (putting a cross over the entire thing or voting for multiple people), they're not able to that. I do understand that some/all(?) poll sites now your computers instead of the traditional paper, but still, wouldn't that be possible if you cannot agree and wouldn't like to vote for any of the candidates of the major and minor parties?

Isn't it possible to vote invalid?

It's certainly an option here in Germany. If you're not taking up your right to vote and don't visit your pole site, your vote could/will be distributed to the candidates and parties, whereas if you're voting invalid (putting a cross over the entire thing or voting for multiple people), they're not able to that. I do understand that some/all(?) poll sites now your computers instead of the traditional paper, but still, wouldn't that be possible if you cannot agree and wouldn't like to vote for any of the candidates of the major and minor parties?
At least here in Texas, you are allowed to vote straight party ballot, but your vote in any individual race will over ride any potential party vote.

For me this year, I will vote straight party (I do lean Republican), but I will write in Ted Cruz as my vote for President.

I do lean Republican

What?! Noooo....

:D

Serious question about this though:

I will write in Ted Cruz as my vote for President.

I'd say that any large-scale movement to write-in Cruz splits the GOP/Conservative vote and, in all probability, hands the White House to the Dems.

Do you not see it playing out that way? Or is it just more important to you to vote your personal convictions rather than voting in whatever way is most effectively anti-Democrat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back