[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chrunch Houston Lies like these perhaps?

• Trump falsely claimed that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens “was left helpless to die as Hillary Clinton soundly slept in her bed.” Two emails from Clinton show that she was awake after it was learned that Stevens had died in the attack on the diplomatic facility in Benghazi.

• Trump falsely claimed that Clinton would “end virtually all immigration enforcement and thus create totally open borders for the United States.” Clinton supported a Senate immigration bill that would create a path to citizenship for those in the country illegally, but it also would have included large investments in border security.

• Trump falsely claimed that the private server that Clinton used as secretary of State “was easily hacked by foreign governments.” Attempts were made to hack into Clinton’s server, but the identity of the hackers has not been determined and there has been no evidence to date that any of them were successful.

• Trump falsely claimed that “Hillary Clinton’s State Department approved the transfer of 20% of America’s uranium holdings to Russia.” The transfer was approved by a committee headed by the Treasury Department and made up of nine voting members throughout government, including one from the State Department.

Those are just from yesterday. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...heck-trump-attack-clinton-character/86271014/

@Chrunch Houston Lies like these perhaps?

• Trump falsely claimed that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens “was left helpless to die as Hillary Clinton soundly slept in her bed.” Two emails from Clinton show that she was awake after it was learned that Stevens had died in the attack on the diplomatic facility in Benghazi.

• Trump falsely claimed that Clinton would “end virtually all immigration enforcement and thus create totally open borders for the United States.” Clinton supported a Senate immigration bill that would create a path to citizenship for those in the country illegally, but it also would have included large investments in border security.

• Trump falsely claimed that the private server that Clinton used as secretary of State “was easily hacked by foreign governments.” Attempts were made to hack into Clinton’s server, but the identity of the hackers has not been determined and there has been no evidence to date that any of them were successful.

• Trump falsely claimed that “Hillary Clinton’s State Department approved the transfer of 20% of America’s uranium holdings to Russia.” The transfer was approved by a committee headed by the Treasury Department and made up of nine voting members throughout government, including one from the State Department.

Those are just from yesterday. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...heck-trump-attack-clinton-character/86271014/

Trump does do a lot of grandstanding. But let's be honest here. Why would anybody trust her to run a country when she can't even handle classified emails properly? People should look at how Hillary got millions over the course of a couple years doing 20-minute speeches from Wall Street people.

Why would anybody trust her to run a country when she can't even handle classified emails properly?
So did she post these "classified" emails on her pants suit blog or tweet links to them?

People should look at how Hillary got millions over the course of a couple years doing 20-minute speeches from Wall Street people.
I nominate you to look into that, good luck and report back what you find.

I think out of all the people running, I agree with Gary Johnson's platform most. But I do agree with Trump on a few things like immigration.

Trump does do a lot of grandstanding. But let's be honest here. Why would anybody trust her to run a country when she can't even handle classified emails properly? People should look at how Hillary got millions over the course of a couple years doing 20-minute speeches from Wall Street people.

By "grandstanding" you mean complete BS? Don't just take the Democrats' point of view on this, try the Libertarian Party's nominees view on it. Bill Weld summed up Trump in one word: "Huckster".

People should look at how Hillary got millions over the course of a couple years doing 20-minute speeches from Wall Street people.

Personally I can't agree with that kind of statement as I support free speech. It's none of our business who is chosen by organisations to speak to them, it's none of our business if those people are willing to speak. Welcome to the free world.

Personally I can't agree with that kind of statement as I support free speech. It's none of our business who is chosen by organisations to speak to them, it's none of our business if those people are willing to speak. Welcome to the free world.
It's not really a question of whether she should be allowed to do it, but whether it speaks to her character or presents a conflict of interest. The same way you can accept that Trump is legally using free speech and still think what he says makes him a bad candidate. At the moment, I'm not really sure whether these speeches are a huge issue or not, but it is clear now that when she said "that's what they offered" regarding the price of these speeches, that was a lie, as she specifically outlined the price as a requirement when setting them up, and almost every speech was the same $225,000.

By "grandstanding" you mean complete BS? Don't just take the Democrats' point of view on this, try the Libertarian Party's nominees view on it. Bill Weld summed up Trump in one word: "Huckster".

I see your point. I stand corrected.

Really?! :confused:

That's got to be a first on GTPlanet! :cheers:

No, I think Gary Johnson is correct here. I do not think rounding up thousands of illegal aliens and just sending them home en masse is going to work. The best plan would be to provide a path to the ones here, and then do something to strengthen border enforcement. That takes both sides of Congress to do though.

It's not really a question of whether she should be allowed to do it, but whether it speaks to her character or presents a conflict of interest. The same way you can accept that Trump is legally using free speech and still think what he says makes him a bad candidate.

Surely Trumpage is guilty of the same "conflict of interest", if indeed that's what it is? He commanded over $400,000 for one of his own 2015 speaking engagements (ACN Inc, iirc). What's the difference? If public figures are paid to speak then so be it.

I only saw part of the Libertarian "Town Hall" on CNN, but was impressed by the candid & articulate manner of both Johnson & Weld. It's a huge contrast to the bluster & idiocy of Trump.

It would surely be beneficial to the US political process if the Libertarian nominees were able to participate fully in national debates leading up to the election. Having some presence from the Left would also help - Sanders or the Greens - so that there could be a more forthright discussion of the issues from a variety of perspectives. It would also further expose Trump as the loudmouthed, ignorant bully he is.

Surely Trumpage is guilty of the same "conflict of interest", if indeed that's what it is? He commanded over $400,000 for one of his own 2015 speaking engagements (ACN Inc, iirc). What's the difference? If public figures are paid to speak then so be it.
Yeah, he does the same thing.

Although, only Hillary is running on a platform of being tough on the big banks, so it's kind of important that she convince voters that she actually means it, and steadfastly refusing to release any transcripts of those speeches does not inspire confidence.

Again, I think people should be allowed to make whatever speeches they want. It doesn't mean I have to ignore them when forming opinions about the candidates. Hypocricy isn't illegal, nor should it be. But it's certainly something I'd like to avoid in my candidate of choice.

That said, I am 90% sure I won't vote for either in November. I don't live in a swing state, so I might as well vote for who I think is actually best for the job instead of settling for one of the two terrible candidates.

Last edited:
Marco Rubio will indeed seek re-election in Florida after all...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-mind-will-run-for-re-election-to-the-senate/

Also...

@IforceV8, To address your concern that I might be "lying" about my last post, here is a few facts to consider:

1. American Ninja Warrior is a program that has a first run on the Esquire Network, which is owned by NBC Universal (and by extension, Comcast).

2. The program also airs on NBC.

Join those two facts together, and while I will give you that he wasn't speaking on behalf of NBC (as most people who do post on twitter do not), he should know his place as a media person to know that any off the normal path in calling the Trump Assassin a, "good guy with a gun," is bound to make news, bad news, and that is reflective on his network that he works for, which is NBC, and not NBC News, as you apparently alleged that I scrubbed out in my post somewhere.

Join those two facts together, and while I will give you that he wasn't speaking on behalf of NBC (as most people who do post on twitter do not), he should know his place as a media person to know that any off the normal path in calling the Trump Assassin a, "good guy with a gun," is bound to make news, bad news, and that is reflective on his network that he works for, which is NBC, and not NBC News, as you apparently alleged that I scrubbed out in my post somewhere.

We'll give you this: someone, somewhere, with a job connected to NBC, made an ill-considered, inflammatory Twitter post. Should we have a thread reporting on every stupid Twitter post?

Trump was properly spaced out when he arrived in the UK today. Firstly he thought he was in Florida, not Scotland and secondly he kept saying "I wish him well" to most of the questions directed to him including "What do you have to say to the EU?" Did he even listen?! :confused:

Trump was properly spaced out when he arrived in the UK today. Firstly he thought he was in Florida, not Scotland and secondly he kept saying "I wish him well" to most of the questions directed to him including "What do you have to say to the EU?" Did he even listen?! :confused:
Sounds like normal Trump. Know nothing, dodge questions, give vague answers that are nowhere near what is being asked.

We'll give you this: someone, somewhere, with a job connected to NBC, made an ill-considered, inflammatory Twitter post. Should we have a thread reporting on every stupid Twitter post?
No, but on the other hand, this was made in favour of someone who did try to assassinate a presidential candidate. Regardless of what side of the aisle you happen to be on (I would do the same thing if someone tried to assassinate Mrs. Clinton and someone made a similar post), this is inexcusable and should be called out at every turn.

Lol what ? "Him" who ?

No, I think Gary Johnson is correct here. I do not think rounding up thousands of illegal aliens and just sending them home en masse is going to work. The best plan would be to provide a path to the ones here, and then do something to strengthen border enforcement. That takes both sides of Congress to do though.

It's not that rounding them up will or won't work. You will never be able to round them up.

Let's see how the president with the second highest average approval rating since Kennedy felt about illegal immigration compared to The Donald in one minute:

Let's see how the president with the second highest average approval rating since Kennedy felt about illegal immigration compared to The Donald in one minute:

Wow, you're right! They are the same! Especially where Clinton labeled all members of one nationality criminals, or called to exclude all members of another from ever coming here legally at all. Oh wait...

Wow, you're right! They are the same! Especially where Clinton labeled all members of one nationality criminals, or called to exclude all members of another from ever coming here legally at all. Oh wait...
Wrong on the former and the latter has both recent precedent and is, in fact, already within the authority of the POTUS should he find it necessary. Jimmy Carter did it with Iranians, Bill Clinton said he was going to accept Haitian refugees before he was elected, they went ahead and built 1000 boats and then he changed his mind after the election and had the Coast Guard turning the refugees away by the thousands.

Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) says that "Whenever the president finds that the entry of aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, the president may, by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrant's or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate."

But go ahead and pretend that the broad strokes of Clinton's position on illegal immigrants and Trump's position are dramatically different if it makes you feel better.

Which was originally created back in 1952, so they were just doing what they legally could do, and if Trump is elected, he could enact restrictions on Muslims if he so wished to, but he cannot forcefully deport a group since there's no clauses for that in the INA.

Which was originally created back in 1952, so they were just doing what they legally could do, and if Trump is elected, he could enact restrictions on Muslims if he so wished to, but he cannot forcefully deport a group since there's no clauses for that in the INA.
Trump never said he would deport Muslims, as you are implying, he just said that he would stop the migration of Muslim immigrants into the US until such a time as Congress can find a way to make sure that a terrorist can not find a way into the US.

Come to think of it, he didn't say that he would deport Mexicans en mass either. Just that he would enforce existing federal law in building a physical wall.

Trump never said he would deport Muslims, as you are implying, he just said that he would stop the migration of Muslim immigrants into the US until such a time as Congress can find a way to make sure that a terrorist can not find a way into the US.

Come to think of it, he didn't say that he would deport Mexicans en mass either. Just that he would enforce existing federal law in building a physical wall.
No, he originally said there would be mass deportations. It was within the last couple days that he came out and said there wouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back