[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will be trouble if Clinton wins - I think there will be shock if Trump wins, followed by laughter, followed by nuclear war.
I'm reminded of the scene in Waiting for Godot where Vladimir and Estragon decide to hang themselves for the sake of something to do, and then try to convince each other that the other should be the one to hang himself first.

Has anyone noticed that Barack Obama, Michelle Obama and Attorney General Loretta Lynch do not seem to be coming to the aid and defense of the embattled Hillary Clinton? It seems the Obamas are not showing up at her rallies, and Lynch has melted into the bushes. Obama's press secretary has come out and praised the integrity of FBI Director Comey.
Because as far as the e-mails are concerned, Obama knows if he came to her defense on them, it would completely tarnish his entire legacy if by some chance, she is prosecuted. He & Michelle however, are still very much pushing her campaign by criticizing Trump & praising Hillary.

Let's get one thing clear, Tax Avoidance is not a crime in the US. If it was, then Gawker Media would have faced IRS trouble a long time ago.
I thought 1 member had a good counter-point the last time this was brought up, that was along the lines of, "When was the last anyone said no to tax cuts and paid their full share back."

This needs to happen because as a self proclaimed redneck I can't be seen driving around with a Hillary bumper sticker on my pickup.
Y'all don't know what ya'll missin':

HILLARYFORPRISON_BUMPER_STICKER.JPG

A more interesting point in the link seeing as there's always the occasional, "Trump is supported by the KKK! He's a racist".
Trump rejects Ku Klux Klan newspaper's support
Meanwhile, a Ku Klux Klan newspaper has declared its support for Donald's Trump's campaign, saying America became great because it was a white, Christian republic.

The Crusader, one of the white supremacist group's most prominent publications, published a lengthy endorsement and defence of Mr Trump's message on the front page of its current issue under the headline: "Make America Great Again."

The Trump campaign rejected the group's support.
In a statement, campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said: "Mr Trump and the campaign denounces hate in any form. This publication is repulsive and their views do not represent the tens of millions of Americans who are uniting behind our campaign."

The KKK is the oldest white supremacist group in the United States.

I've just realised how much Hillary Clinton reminds me of Sherry Palmer.

Trump has said racist things, but it still baffles me that people automatically think just because the KKK supports him (as they support most Republican candidates) he must support them back. Even people who are casually racist probably hate the KKK since while they may dislike a race or culture, they probably don't want to lynch them.

A more interesting point in the link seeing as there's always the occasional, "Trump is supported by the KKK! He's a racist".
Except that the articles doesn't say that. It says that the KKK support Trump, not the other way around.

Except that the articles doesn't say that. It says that the KKK support Trump, not the other way around.
I didn't say it did. I'm referring to the die-hard Liberals who like to judge Donald as a racist because the KKK pledged support to him. It's refreshing to see someone from his campaign finally denounce them.

More inside the FBI from the well-connected WaPo.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...84dede-a134-11e6-8832-23a007c77bb4_story.html

The information goes beyond the details provided in the letter that Comey sent to lawmakers last week declaring that he was restarting the inquiry into whether Clinton mishandled classified material during her tenure as secretary of state. He wrote in the Friday letter that “the investigative team briefed me yesterday” about the additional emails.

It's refreshing to see someone from his campaign finally denounce them.
It would be more refreshing to see him do it. Sure, his representative has done it - but on a certain level, it just looks like they're denouncing the KKK because they have to. Individually, tacitly accepting their endorsement is distasteful, but in the broader context of the campaign, it's politically-convenient for them to endorse him. Trump has been trying to position himself as the peoples' billionaire, with a message that speaks to everyone. If he can appeal to the extreme fringes of society just as much as he does the centrist population, is makes his message just that little more powerful, a little more universal.

Apologies for being a little late here, this was sitting in my drafts for days:

To his critics who see him as buffoonish and impetuous, Trump supporters may ask, "When has the conventional wisdom proved correct?"

I'd have to ask when two wrongs suddenly made a right.

If he does succeed to the presidency, Trump will have proved himself a strategic thinker and not a dummy.

It surprises me very little that Trump (and, apparently, his supporters) would spread the edited version of this video around. Here's the rest of it (NSFW, of course):

Trump has said racist things, but it still baffles me that people automatically think just because the KKK supports him (as they support most Republican candidates) he must support them back. Even people who are casually racist probably hate the KKK since while they may dislike a race or culture, they probably don't want to lynch them.
the "kkk" stands generally for inclusion these days, atleast the david dukes of the old group do. I doubts duke would support state mandated segregation even. He does talk about jews negatively but its just talk.:sly:

I waz reading Abraham Lincoln's inauguration speech 1861 last night. Abe mentioned states rights repeatedly to try and appease best he could the south, and de pressurize his zero support among southernors. It reminds me a lot of the constitutional language we see today in some politicians. You do see some compromise in modern times, but the feds still control the issues perhaps too much.

One thing that I like is how politicians change their minds after fighting tooth and nail for something. Theyll floor the gas pedal in one direction, then whip it around and go the other way. That aspect of politics is not priceless (pun intended., :sly:)...

I don't know if this is covered by the Washington post link above, but FOX is reporting that not one, not two but five foreign intelligence agencies hacked into Hillary's server.

Edit: Source (via Real Clear Politics)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ctment_likely_in_clinton_foundation_case.html

Here is the latest update on Bret Baier's story, it's at about 0:48 - 5:58 on the video:

In summary:

- The investigation is now much more expansive than before, spanning multiple FBI divisions and field offices. The White Collar Crime department is investigating the Clinton Foundation, and the National Security Division is investigating the email server issues.

- Agents have found emails believed to have originated on Hillary Clinton's secret server on Anthony Weiner's laptop. They say the emails are not duplicates and could potentially be classified in nature.

- Many new interviews are being conducted, but also 2nd and 3rd interviews are taking place for those previously interviewed. I wonder if their original interviews have come under question?

- Cheryl Mills and Heather Samuelson's laptops have not been destroyed and are "still being exploited". Note: Samuelson is a Clinton staffer and lawyer who screened Clinton's emails. She is not known to hold a security clearance.

- Cheryl and Heather are currently cooperating with the FBI under conditions of limited immunity, contingent on there not being any lies.

- No fewer than 5 foreign intelligence agencies are thought to have hacked Clinton's server, with 99% confidence.

- Valerie Jarret, senior advisor the president, is advising Obama to fire Comey, even though he does not have the authority to do so. There is no Grand Jury empaneled, and the Justice Department I believe is needed for this. Loretta Lynch at Justice wants the whole investigation shut down.

- Obama himself seems to be vacillating.

- Barring further obstructions, one or more indictments are expected.

I saw this on 1 forum & thought it was at least amusing. :P

North Russia, South Russia, East Russia, West Russia, and of course, Central Russia.
Yes, very amusing. But also paranoid. Back in the 50's we worried about Russians under the bed.

I wonder who those, at least 5, may really be? Russia, China, Iran, Israel, India and maybe an eastern European, possibly Romania?

Last edited:
I wonder who those, at least 5, may really be? Russia, China, Iran, Israel, India and maybe an eastern European, possibly Romania?
I would say North Korea. We did blame them for the Sony hack with little to no proof.

The following WSJ article concerns feuding within and without the FBI.
I apologize for the space taken, but fear the article will shortly be behind a paywall. Moderators please edit as required.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-recordings-fueled-fbi-feud-in-clinton-probe-1478135518

By
DEVLIN BARRETT and

CHRISTOPHER M. MATTHEWS
Updated Nov. 2, 2016 10:04 p.m. ET
1201 COMMENTS
Secret recordings of a suspect talking about the Clinton Foundation fueled an internal battle between FBI agents who wanted to pursue the case and corruption prosecutors who viewed the statements as worthless hearsay, people familiar with the matter said.

Agents, using informants and recordings from unrelated corruption investigations, thought they had found enough material to merit aggressively pursuing the investigation into the foundation that started in summer 2015 based on claims made in a book by a conservative author called “Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich,” these people said.

The account of the case and resulting dispute comes from interviews with officials at multiple agencies.

Starting in February and continuing today, investigators from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and public-corruption prosecutors became increasingly frustrated with each other, as often happens within and between departments. At the center of the tension stood the U.S. attorney for Brooklyn, Robert Capers, who some at the FBI came to view as exacerbating the problems by telling each side what it wanted to hear, these people said. Through a spokeswoman, Mr. Capers declined to comment.

The roots of the dispute lie in a disagreement over the strength of the case, these people said, which broadly centered on whether Clinton Foundation contributors received favorable treatment from the State Department under Hillary Clinton.

Senior officials in the Justice Department and the FBI didn’t think much of the evidence, while investigators believed they had promising leads their bosses wouldn’t let them pursue, they said.

These details on the probe are emerging amid the continuing furor surrounding FBI Director James Comey’s disclosure to Congress that new emails had emerged that could be relevant to a separate, previously closed FBI investigation of Mrs. Clinton’s email arrangement while she was secretary of state.

On Wednesday, President Barack Obama took the unusual step of criticizing the FBI when asked about Mr. Comey’s disclosure of the emails.

Amid the internal finger-pointing on the Clinton Foundation matter, some have blamed the FBI’s No. 2 official, deputy director Andrew McCabe, claiming he sought to stop agents from pursuing the case this summer. His defenders deny that, and say it was the Justice Department that kept pushing back on the investigation.

At times, people on both sides of the dispute thought Mr. Capers agreed with them. Defenders of Mr. Capers said he was straightforward and always told people he thought the case wasn’t strong.

Much of the skepticism toward the case came from how it started—with the publication of a book suggesting possible financial misconduct and self-dealing surrounding the Clinton charity. The author of that book, Peter Schweizer—a former speechwriting consultant for President George W. Bush—was interviewed multiple times by FBI agents, people familiar with the matter said.

The Clinton campaign has long derided the book as a poorly researched collection of false claims and unsubstantiated assertions. The Clinton Foundation has denied any wrongdoing, saying it does immense good throughout the world.

Mr. Schweizer said in an interview that the book was never meant to be a legal document, but set out to describe “patterns of financial transactions that circled around decisions Hillary Clinton was making as secretary of state.”

As 2015 came to a close, the FBI and Justice Department had a general understanding that neither side would take major action on Clinton Foundation matters without meeting and discussing it first. In February, a meeting was held in Washington among FBI officials, public-integrity prosecutors and Leslie Caldwell, the head of the Justice Department’s criminal division. Prosecutors from the Eastern District of New York—Mr. Capers’ office—didn’t attend, these people said.

The public-integrity prosecutors weren’t impressed with the FBI presentation, people familiar with the discussion said. “The message was, ‘We’re done here,’ ” a person familiar with the matter said.

Justice Department officials became increasingly frustrated that the agents seemed to be disregarding or disobeying their instructions.

Following the February meeting, officials at Justice Department headquarters sent a message to all the offices involved to “stand down,’’ a person familiar with the matter said.

Within the FBI, some felt they had moved well beyond the allegations made in the anti-Clinton book. At least two confidential informants from other public-corruption investigations had provided details about the Clinton Foundation to the FBI, these people said.

The FBI had secretly recorded conversations of a suspect in a public-corruption case talking about alleged deals the Clintons made, these people said. The agents listening to the recordings couldn’t tell from the conversations if what the suspect was describing was accurate, but it was, they thought, worth checking out.

Prosecutors thought the talk was hearsay and a weak basis to warrant aggressive tactics, like presenting evidence to a grand jury, because the person who was secretly recorded wasn’t inside the Clinton Foundation.

FBI investigators grew increasingly frustrated with resistance from the corruption prosecutors, and some executives at the bureau itself, to keep pursuing the case.

As prosecutors rebuffed their requests to proceed more overtly, those Justice Department officials became more annoyed that the investigators didn’t seem to understand or care about the instructions issued by their own bosses and prosecutors to act discreetly.

In subsequent conversations with the Justice Department, Mr. Capers told officials in Washington that the FBI agents on the case “won’t let it go,” these people said.

As a result of those complaints, these people said, a senior Justice Department official called the FBI deputy director, Mr. McCabe, on Aug. 12 to say the agents in New York seemed to be disregarding or disobeying their instructions, these people said. The conversation was a tense one, they said, and at one point Mr. McCabe asked, “Are you telling me that I need to shut down a validly predicated investigation?’’ The senior Justice Department official replied: ”Of course not.”

Write to Devlin Barrett at devlin.barrett@wsj.com and Christopher M. Matthews at christopher.matthews@wsj.com

Corrections & Amplifications:
Peter Schweizer is the author of “Clinton Cash.” An earlier version of this article misspelled his surname as Schweitzer. (Nov. 2, 2016)

Lynch at State is obstructing the investigation. There will be no grand jury.
Wikileaks 26: DOJ illegally helps Clinton campaign, other juicy updates from H.A. Goodman, a Bernie/Stein supporter.

Perhaps we should rename the Justice Department the Obstruction of Justice Department.

Perhaps we should rename the Justice Department the Obstruction of Justice Department.
You know, the talk of these scandals has swept the nation. Polls are surging towards Trump as Johnson and Stein vanish into the shrubbery. Clinton has sold out the progressives and lost the trust and admiration of women. Will the people vote en masse to sweep out the corruption and drain the swamp?

Watching Obama speaking in Florida. Dotini notwithstanding, I have never seen a sitting President campaign as vigorously for his successor as Obama. And he is an amazing orator ... really amazing.

I've just realised that the election is actually held on November the 9th of our local time, or more shortly 9.11, which means that this election is going to be another very likely terrible 'nine-eleven' event to happen in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back