[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary lost. Deal with it.

What many liberals fail to realize is that people like me aren't particularly in favor of Trump.

I'm over it...I had little confidence in either one to bolt for the third-party doors. It was clear most folks were voting "against candidate A", rather than "for candidate B".

You can tell the nation is ready to heal since it's been 24 hours and Trump has not appointed a second Jew-hating misogynist to the position of Chief Strategist.

100% true and factual that Hillary lost more than Trump won, as the exit polling universally proved. Also true is the way to deal with reality is by going through the 5 stages of acceptance.

There's a lot of reality - and punch - in your 5 short words. Best post, or outtake quote, of the year nomination, I'd say.

What many liberals fail to realize is that people like me aren't particularly in favor of Trump. Rather your own candidate is so loathsome that the best option for keeping her out of the Oval Office was to vote for the second worst candidate.

@Biggles writes a contextualized, structured argumentation, and you spit a pointless and generic (not-even-an-)answer. How about trying a proper answer, now?

@Biggles writes a contextualized, structured argumentation, and you spit a pointless and generic (not-even-an-)answer. How about trying a proper answer, now?
This:

What many liberals fail to realize is that people like me aren't particularly in favor of Trump. Rather your own candidate is so loathsome that the best option for keeping her out of the Oval Office was to vote for the second worst candidate.
Seems to be contextualized, structured argumentation too.

And i tend to agree with Bob, after almost a week of angry ranting out on the streets and on facebook it's about time folk stop whining and get over the fact that Hillary lost. But i guess those blue haired social justice warriors and BLM supporters out there will keep breaking stuff for a while still :D

Oh,I quite agree with you. Race should not be a factor. That doesn't change the fact that had the races been reversed in this situation, the headline almost certainly would have been something along the line of "White mob beats black cop".

I think many Trump supporters would agree with your assessment. I suspect there was a lot of nose holding in the voting booth:sly:
Are you the self appointed arbiter of a "proper answer" on GTP now?

...a fascist form of governance.
Whenever there's time for a coffee break from the latest passing whirlwind, I'd be pleased to learn your definition of fascist, or fascism. I've seen numerous definitions, so your preferred one would be of interest.

It's starting to get as salty as my FB page here.:eek:

Oh man, I just witnessed a rather hilarious incident in my office - two female colleagues of mine were discussing the latest off-colour remark from a Trump supporter (something about Michelle Obama being 'an ape in heels'), and one of them went on to make a few comments about Americans in general (not that I was listening, but apparently it was along the lines of how "stupid" the US electorate is). Unfortunately, our office is open plan and there is an American woman in the next bay who was apparently listening in and clearly took exception to what my colleague was saying. Anyway, the American lady blew her stack and told my colleagues off for making offensive generalisations about Americans. There was a rather stony silence for several minutes afterwards!!

-

I do believe that Trump has deliberately stirred up deep resentments, and is playing a dangerous game by making apparently bigoted remarks, encouraging intolerant behaviour and failing to denounce racist/sexist supporters of his. Granted, he is at least attempting to back-pedal somewhat on the first two counts, but it is arguably too little too late. Unfortunately, this has meant that Trump's more moderate (and even positive) comments/ideas are being drowned out by the clamour about his more controversial comments (which I believe were solely intended to attract attention during his run for President) and by the more extreme and vocal elements of his support, who are doing a grand job of making Trump's entire support base look bad.

but it is arguably too little too late.

He won, so technically everything that has been said is moot.

We all know, well those sane under the skull, that things said during an election period are to be taken with a massive spoon of salt. Trump knew this, and outplayed all politicians in their own game. He got what he wanted, and if he wants to gain some sympathy from the democratic part of the USA, and again, he probably knew/knows this, he must be more moderate as a President than as a candidate.

And all signs so far point to exactly that.

And as a bonus, he could be the one actually closing down Guantanamo.

What goes around...
ApApDQTIM7g.jpg

...comes around.
8vHsh1A90p8.jpg

:D

So whichever way you look at it, if the voting result is upheld, they're going to have to deal with it.
Unfortunately, for some car owners at the very least, some individuals think that smashing things is an appropriate way of dealing with this particular 'it'.

Oh man, I just witnessed a rather hilarious incident in my office - two female colleagues of mine were discussing the latest off-colour remark from a Trump supporter (something about Michelle Obama being 'an ape in heels'), and one of them went on to make a few comments about Americans in general (not that I was listening, but apparently it was along the lines of how "stupid" the US electorate is). Unfortunately, our office is open plan and there is an American woman in the next bay who was apparently listening in and clearly took exception to what my colleague was saying. Anyway, the American lady blew her stack and told my colleagues off for making offensive generalisations about Americans. There was a rather stony silence for several minutes afterwards!!

-

I do believe that Trump has deliberately stirred up deep resentments, and is playing a dangerous game by making apparently bigoted remarks, encouraging intolerant behaviour and failing to denounce racist/sexist supporters of his. Granted, he is at least attempting to back-pedal somewhat on the first two counts, but it is arguably too little too late. Unfortunately, this has meant that Trump's more moderate (and even positive) comments/ideas are being drowned out by the clamour about his more controversial comments (which I believe were solely intended to attract attention during his run for President) and by the more extreme and vocal elements of his support, who are doing a grand job of making Trump's entire support base look bad.
Two minutes for unsports[wo]manlike conduct and 5 minutes for instigating? :sly:

Or 3rd or 4th. There were more than two options...
There were indeed, but let's be honest here; the others didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. The important thing was to stop HRC, and that meant voting for the one most likely to do the stopping.

I read a post that opened by questioning the mental health of an undefined group of "you" and referred to the president-elect as an asshole. Did you mean a different post than that one?
People are not perfect, deal with it!

See my point? I'm sure you did already, and i guess you just jumped on an opportunity for titillation and don't plan to do a Biggle's full text analysis.

Are you the self appointed arbiter of a "proper answer" on GTP now?
You're quick to switch on ad hominem mode...

I'm mostly just seeking answers about Soros, why does he fund activist groups like BLM in Ferguson that perpetuated violence and riots there? Why does he fund groups like Moveon.org. with pro communist leanings? To me it seems like he is trying to start a class/race war in America and I just want to know why he is doing this. To what aim, what is his ultimate goal? Maybe I'm dead wrong here but it just seems like everything he funds turns violent. I know he is a philanthropist and does a lot of good things with his money in other parts of the world, but for some reason not here? He just comes across as very pro-Europe and very anti-America to me.

Here is an interesting article from the Washington Times
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/14/george-soros-funds-ferguson-protests-hopes-to-spur/

In all, Mr. Soros gave at least $33 million in one year to support already-established groups that emboldened the grass-roots, on-the-ground activists in Ferguson, according to the most recent tax filings of his nonprofit Open Society Foundations.

Once I stumble across RNC Wikipedia page and found that Trump is the first Republican that actually supports LGBT people. So I can see your point.

Hope most of what he says on campaign are just for publicity playing. Last time he even exempted the illegal immigrants that have outstanding achievements to stay. So I give him a benefit of doubt and time. We'll see.

He still not addressed regarding the Muslim ban, though, which I found to be his biggest problem of all.

People are not perfect, deal with it!

See my point?
Nope. I don't see an answer to the question either.
I'm sure you did already, and i guess you just jumped on an opportunity for titillation and don't plan to do a Biggle's full text analysis.
Not sure when I became the bad guy for simply asking if the post that started off questioning everyone's mental health was supposed to be the worthwhile one to read.

Nope. I don't see an answer to the question either.
Not sure when I became the bad guy for simply asking if the post that started off questioning everyone's mental health was supposed to be the worthwhile one to read.

I expect a bare minimum level of analytical thinking in looking at "evidence" ... which in this case amounts to nothing more than a video clip of busses parked on a Chicago street.

I expect a bare minimum level of analytical thinking in looking at "evidence" ... which in this case amounts to nothing more than a video clip of busses parked on a Chicago street.
I don't really know what that has to do with the text you quoted.

Whenever there's time for a coffee break from the latest passing whirlwind, I'd be pleased to learn your definition of fascist, or fascism. I've seen numerous definitions, so your preferred one would be of interest.
I'd rather cite experts in the field personally, this article quotes a few and should provide some context.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/12/10/9886152/donald-trump-fascism

The main take is the removal or serious undermining of democracy (a tick for Poland in that regard), a move to a heavy nationalist populism (big tick on that one), a focus on the illiberal betterment of the nation over the individual (a stated goal in this case) and a rise in the importance of military might (the only one not yet on track).

So yes I would consider Poland well on the way in that regard.

Last edited:
There were indeed, but let's be honest here; the others didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. The important thing was to stop HRC, and that meant voting for the one most likely to do the stopping.
And that is why a third party shouldn't exist because there is no point anyway.

And that is why a third party shouldn't exist because there is no point anyway.
Nearly half of people didn't vote. If 1% of the people that didn't vote had voted for one third party, it would have resulted in that third party getting access to all of the perks that your two pretty much identical main parties get and avoided the utter cluster[bomb] that 2020 is going to be.

How far off from the 5% was Johnson anyway? I saw he did fairly ok in many counties and his only disappointment was his home state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back