Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
RWD + Mud = No fun :P

Oh and RWD + snow is only fun when it's not deep, and RWD + ice is only fun if you aren't going up a hill. ;)

*Fun Killer*

Had a small photoshoot with the TL today. One of the shots.
dsc05892df0.jpg

Theres one in that same color near my house and I drool over it every time i see the rear end. They are just really really sexy cars even when completely stock.

RWD + Mud = No fun :P

Oh and RWD + snow is only fun when it's not deep, and RWD + ice is only fun if you aren't going up a hill. ;)

*Fun Killer*

Or you just have some reasonable snow tires... which you would in areas that have said weather.

But then it's suddenly hard to slide on a budget (cheap thrills, no frills). My winter beater had summer tires when we were driving around local forest 'rally' tracks on some snow that fell in the end of October. Was perfectly fine.
It's more scary driving my other car hard now, suddenly you encounter icy roundabouts on summer tires. Sounds fun?

How about a little info on why the car is RIP instead of a few pictures and a video? (Although it's fairly credible given that you posted the YouTube vid a couple of years ago.)
What caused the car's death? What mods had you done to it?
What've you replaced it with?

Yeah, how'd the car die? If you need some kind of part there's a guy near me with a beat up but racy-looking one. Maybe he'd part it and sell you something.

The rust on the car kept getting worse cause I've lived 2 blocks from the beach for 10 years. I had no choice but to part her out on ebay and rx7lub.com and junk the chassis. It was very hard for me to do, since she was my baby for 11 years. I now own a 2004 6sp 1S300. If mazda ever decides to bring back the Rx7, I'll be first on the list.

Mods.

Street ported 89T-2 Engine, 13B-RE Intake Manifold, MP T-70/.96rear Turbo, 3"Full Exhaust, 4:44 Gears, FMIC, 17x8-17x12 CCW wheels, Microtech LT10s ecu, CP Rack pinion conversion.

So I got round to sticking the video of one of my Santa Pod runs in the Mini up.

20.87s @ 60.48mph :lol:

haha, awesome, it always feels so fast going down the strip there but once you get the timeslip, i always seem rather dissappointed. :lol:

I suppose 20.8 isn't too bad for a mini, my old 92 astra 1.4 8v 4-door managed a 19.5 i think, that was ages ago now though. Since, i've been down the strip at the Pod in my 98 Megane 1.6 8v 4-door at about 18.4 if i recall. So so tempted to rid it and buy a mini local to me, what do you guys think? :)

Got cobra buckets, a nice little exhaust (not a big showy centre exit like all those dippy boy racers), gorgeous blue metallic paint (these phone pics do no justice, plus its been sitting for a while), wide little minilites (or knock-offs) and a nice little wide arch kit.

It could do with a loving owner, its been sat like that for almost a year now :(
Not for sale and i dont even know who owns it, gonna have to make sure i remember to pop over and have a word, maybe make an offer.

Edit: Oh and just so you can get a feel for the colour of that paint, here's a photo i took a while before it became a paper weight.

Last edited:
haha, awesome, it always feels so fast going down the strip there but once you get the timeslip, i always seem rather dissappointed. :lol:

I suppose 20.8 isn't too bad for a mini, my old 92 astra 1.4 8v 4-door managed a 19.5 i think, that was ages ago now though. Since, i've been down the strip at the Pod in my 98 Megane 1.6 8v 4-door at about 18.4 if i recall. So so tempted to rid it and buy a mini local to me, what do you guys think? :)

Got cobra buckets, a nice little exhaust (not a big showy centre exit like all those dippy boy racers), gorgeous blue metallic paint (these phone pics do no justice, plus its been sitting for a while), wide little minilites (or knock-offs) and a nice little wide arch kit.

It could do with a loving owner, its been sat like that for almost a year now :(
Not for sale and i dont even know who owns it, gonna have to make sure i remember to pop over and have a word, maybe make an offer.

Edit: Oh and just so you can get a feel for the colour of that paint, here's a photo i took a while before it became a paper weight.
Buy it.

So so tempted to rid it and buy a mini local to me, what do you guys think? :)

Unless your work in/know a bodyshop or can do bodywork yourself (like Camaroboy69 does), avoid. It looks like there's rust all along the sill (probably the same on the other side) and more under the headlights (both common places for Minis to go). I dare say it's been sat for more than a year - the tax disc expired two and a half years ago. Lastly, where's the ariel gone?

If you are serious about it, then take a close look at every single panel - under the carpets, under the spare wheel in the boot, at the inside bottom of the doors, everywhere. Get down on the ground and look underneath; look for oil under the engine, and rust on the subframes both front and rear (another commmon rust spot).

Too be honest, I think you'd be better off buying another Mini and modifying it to the same standard - it'll probably be cheaper than repairing that one.

Thats part of the fun in buying cars like this, Its like he's rescuing it from a neglecting owner. Even if it works out to be more expensive it wont be that much more as most older cars have rust problems anyway unless their well looked after which in that case wont be cheap to buy in the first place....

I say find out who owns it and buy it off them asap.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated. :)

Roo
Unless you work in/know a bodyshop or can do bodywork yourself (like Camaroboy69 does), avoid. It looks like there's rust all along the sill (probably the same on the other side) and more under the headlights (both common places for Minis to go). I dare say it's been sat for more than a year - the tax disc expired two and a half years ago. Lastly, where's the ariel gone?

If you are serious about it, then take a close look at every single panel - under the carpets, under the spare wheel in the boot, at the inside bottom of the doors, everywhere. Get down on the ground and look underneath; look for oil under the engine, and rust on the subframes both front and rear (another commmon rust spot).

Too be honest, I think you'd be better off buying another Mini and modifying it to the same standard - it'll probably be cheaper than repairing that one.

Thanks Roo, very helpful little analysis there. :)

Yep im pretty sure its starting to rust in the spots you've mentioned, probably a few more places too.
It's definately been sitting there a year at least, but not the 2.5 that the tax disc suggests...
i have no idea where the ariel went, probably pulled off by some ignorant chav at some point, though now i look back it wasnt there in the 2003 photo of it...pass..

Im definately serious about it, i absolutely adore how the car looks and have done ever since i saw it back in 2003, true it might be cheaper to buy a decent mini and modify it to look similar, but that'll still cost a pretty penny and rathermore all at once than if i gradually fix this one up :)

Also like rick said, i cant stand to see it sitting there neglected when its still very repairable, all it needs is a little tlc and some bodywork. Having said that i haven't given it a proper look over yet so for all i know it could be a no-runner, i'll definately take heed your words and check it up good and proper when i do get the chance. Thanks again. :)

Roo
... Get down on the ground and look underneath; look for oil under the engine ...
Haha! :lol:

How do I know my Mini needs oil? When it stops leaking...

Seriously though, I'm yet to see one that doesn't leak. Even with regular maintenance.

Latest Posts

Back