Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
n522751638_1691341_7373.jpg

Kermit's found love with Roxy.

Kermit has a certain cuteness to it, but Roxy is no looker. I hope it makes up for it in other areas.

IMG_2479.jpg

1993 3.2 300E This type of car body type with this type of engine was made for only ONE year.. VERY NICE!

We are fixing my brother's car... It needs new engine harness.. we ganna do it ourself with my bro n dad.
We are fixing it because the dealer and another mechanic just want's too much money and replace unneeded things... Same with exhaust.. so we decided we going to do our own Exhaust, only buy the CAT-CONVERTER from Mercedes dealer so that it will pass the emissions, rest will be custom build, we do not think we will put a muffler unless it's too laud! WROARR!!

Here is how the car sounds without the exhaust..

^^^^ This video shows car with old harness, After video, we found out that it was the harness leading to not starting the car. All the cables were almost corroded away.

=============================================
Good news guys. ITS FIXED!!! Ill post the video of it working later on. Took a couple of hours to hook up the engine wire harness
When the old CAT-Converter was almost catch fire, seems like it melted the REAR brake cables. So the rear brakes are bit shut still.
This is just a test run, still the rear brakes are bit locked up, and no exhaust what so ever.

Once we put the engine harness cables we will just buy the cat-converter... and straight pipes from there.. if TOO laud, maybe only one muffler.
Originally car had 1 cat-converter and two mufflers..

WROOM WROOM!!!

Last edited:
I did some refreshing up of my tC. Here she is again, I painted the rims and the engine bay myself. The fenders are Carbon Fiber too in case you are wondering why they looked different colored than the rest of the car.

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

Pics089.jpg

Pics092.jpg

Pics094.jpg

And here is a video of a 45-120mph pull @ 12 lbs of boost.

Pretty damn quick, can't see many things keeping up with that when it's on boost. Needs more carbon panels though, if only to make it the same colour all over :sly:

Well looking at the bigger picture of the engine, it appears to be more of a space issue. If you note, it appears there's not enough room to where the turbo could be moved to the pass. side, not to mention there's the black thing (BOV?) coming off the manifold.

Havent been around here in awhile. got a new car a couple months ago id like to share.

04 GTO w/ an almost complete Holden Monaro conversion. monaro front and rear bumper, VX tail lights, spoiler delete, all holden emblems including steering wheel and dash emblems

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

FILE0048.jpg

FILE0084.jpg

FILE0085.jpg

and the car it replaced, which finally just drove away this afternoon :(

FILE0068.jpg

FILE0071.jpg

FILE0077.jpg

Hey mate, I appluade you for doing this! Lately I've developed a want for a Monaro... too bad I'm only 16 haha. Just wondering though, why you got the VX rear lights instead of the Monaro lights... just asking 'cos you said you wanted to do a full Holden Monaro conversion. :)

Thanks for the props guys. I will try and answer everyones questions below.

Pretty damn quick, can't see many things keeping up with that when it's on boost. Needs more carbon panels though, if only to make it the same colour all over :sly:

Working on that actually. Want to change the hatch out to a carbon fiber one, as well as the roof (all glass, very heavy), changed out to the Kaminari Carbon Fiber roof. I don't want it to be same color though. I like seeing the weave.

That's an... er... Interesting... header design. Why the offset to one side, rather than an equal length design?

What do you use for tuning?

Lastly, which turbo might that be?

It's a simple Log style manifold. When I turboed the tC, Equal Length manifolds were not available. They are now though. I was one of the very few to First ever turbo their Scion tC. So, you are looking at the first turbo kit to hit the market for tC's. It came out about 3 1/2 to 4 years ago, I have had this car turboed for about 3 years now. My next turbo setup will in fact be an Equal length manifold with a Ball Bearing Garrett GT3076Rr on it.

I am using the GReddy Emanage for tuning right now. I will soon change that out for the Emanage Ultimate, as I need the speed limiter removed, and increase the redline in order to make the car more competitive for Time Attack next season.

Currently running a 20G turbo @ 0.8 - 0.8 1/2 Bar of boost.

Well looking at the bigger picture of the engine, it appears to be more of a space issue. If you note, it appears there's not enough room to where the turbo could be moved to the pass. side, not to mention there's the black thing (BOV?) coming off the manifold.

Correct. Alternator is on the left side of the manifold, so every log style manifold you find for the tC is going to position the turbo to the left (driver side) of the engine bay. Even some of the Equal Length manifolds are slightly over to the left, depending on which one you are talking about.

Good to know, not up to par with my Turbo tech! 👍

We all have to learn sometime...:sly:

I also have a slightly modded 350z. I didn't change anything to it since the last time I uploaded pics, so I didn't bother posting another pic of that.

Yes, yes, yes. You posted it! Awesome stuff Myke!

Any modifications other than the wheels and custom interior upholstery?

NSX forever. :bowdown:

Yes, yes, yes. You posted it! Awesome stuff Myke!

Any modifications other than the wheels and custom interior upholstery?

NSX forever. :bowdown:

Nope- I like to keep things to spec. I will/might upgrade the seat to Sparco Milano or Torino racing seat this summer.

Nope- I like to keep things to spec. I will/might upgrade the seat to Sparco Milano or Torino racing seat this summer.

You'll love either Sparco seat. I have the Torino in my DSM and it's been great. Not a full bucket (it's reclinable) so it's great for a street driven vehicle, but still offers plenty of support for auto-x and track days.

Back