Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
Finally managed to pop around when someone was home.
Spoke to some guy who said it's his brothers and he's planning to do something with it soon, something like fixing it up.
:( so definately not for sale, apparently he's spent thousands on it already so i doubt he'd let it go cheap.
Oh well at least i know whats what now :)

edit: Crap! just had an idea, i could have offered to do some photos for him once its all fixed up!
dammit im goin back tomorrow!

Bought this yesterday. The paint on the roof isn't the best but it was cheap and it's going to be my everyday car in an effort to reduce costs. The 330 I've got uses so much petrol.

Sorry the pictures of it covered in frost but by the time I got back from driving it it had gone dark. It's great fun.

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

Nice, I expect that's a bit of fun to drive, am I right? :sly:

For me personally the bodykit is a bit heavy-handed when you're running on wheels that size, but then that's why it's your car and not mine. Well, also it's yours because you can afford it and I can't...

Nice, I expect that's a bit of fun to drive, am I right? :sly:

For me personally the bodykit is a bit heavy-handed when you're running on wheels that size, but then that's why it's your car and not mine. Well, also it's yours because you can afford it and I can't...
Going by his previous posts in other threads, those wheels are his daily, cheap, "disposable" wheels. Although after his recent upgrade to a Wilwood BBK, I doubt he's able to use anything remotely "small."

This might be Mum's next car:
digiads_car_ads_89652_1.jpg

A VY Commodore. :) (Except not the SS model. :() Just a standard V6, a sedan would be nice too.

Looks like this Magna might be mine then:
digiads_car_ads_87223_1.jpg

Here is a pick of my toy car.
front-2.jpg

Its fun to take out and cruse around in.

In the not to far off future its going to be stripped down and rebuilt from the ground up.

The biggest thing holding me up is deciding what to do . . .
And there is the cost of it too. . .:lol:

Have you heard of the Dodge Intrepid? Both were Chrysler's full-size cars during the late 90's/early 00's.

Nice side profile. I've never heard of the car, though.

Thanks. :)

Chrysler made the 300M from 1999-2004. Obviously its a luxury sedan. The model I have is the "Special." It was made from '02-'04. Here's a quote from wikipedia.org about it

The 300M Special was offered beginning midyear of 2002. This model included imitation-carbon-fiber interior trim panels, replacing the woodgrain trim panels (which come in the standard 300M), 255 hp (190 kW) 3.5 liter engine on 91+ octane with 258 lb·ft (350 N·m) of torque, and a 3.89 final drive ratio. Performance dual exhaust, high-intensity discharge headlamps, and 18-inch Z-rated wheels and tires were also standard on the Special. Other standard features of the Special included premium "Waterfall" leather seats, signal mirrors, body cladding, and slightly lower ride height.[1]

Ouch, didn't know those took 91+ octane. Must be a bit pricey at the pump.

Last edited:
Na, too much work to be done on it to take it to a show. The body panels are in good shape, but the motor and trans need some work, along with the underbody.

I have taken it to the Woodward Dream Cruse the past couple years to cruise around a little bit. (I live in Mi too.) Usually earlier in the morning untill it becomes a parking lot. Then I find a place to park and just watch the other cars cruse around.

I don't know completely what I'm going to do to it yet. I bought it as a long term project, so I'm taking my time figureing out what I want to do to it. The only thing that is set in stone is the final color. I'm going to repaint her in a dark blue metallic. Aside from that, things are still up in the air.

Oh yeah, that and power steering. That manual rack can be a pain at times.

Last edited:
Ive been looking into A new Vehicle, as the thread i posted said i was between the Hummer and the Volvo. I decided i may go a cheaper route and skip both of them and go back to a used Caddy. back in the before time, i had a 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS. I wish ida kept it, but you know us youngins, cant make up our minds. i sold it for the jeep that ultimately ultimately lead to my demise and poor decisions. Poor decisions being Lowered rear wheel drive car about 5 inches of ground clearence, and and and no TCS, and and and no Power Steering. and and and and and and and and when i hit a patch of snow just a light patch, less than a half an inch...... i slide like mad

I just saw one for sale in an issue of Auto Exchange, they wanted 10,000 for it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for yours?

$6000. We got an absolute deal on it though since we were promised a car for that price. I was originally going to get a 2002 Cadillac STS, but turns out it had a cracked head so the dealership wouldn't sell it to us. They had already promised us a car at the price of the STS, so the Special was the next best thing. It's still a luxury/sporty sedan, still FWD, still awesome. :D

FWIW, $10k is the usual going price for these cars now.

Ouch, didn't know those took 91+ octane. Must be a bit pricey at the pump.

Not anymore. When I first got it about 6 months ago it was nearly $60 to fill it up. Now it's down to $26.

That's a great shot. 👍

What type of HDR did you apply to it?

Thanks. :D

I only took one RAW picture, so I opened it up in Photoshop and saved it twice with the exposure at +2 and -2. Then I just ran it through Photomatix Pro. I don't what I did exactly, just that I liked the results. :lol:

It was my first HDR attempt.

Latest Posts

Back