Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,496 comments
brick.jpg

I'm not expecting many people to give a damn about it. :P

What year is it? I give a damn, I do. I have a family and bass to gear to haul around, that wagon would be perfect!

What year is it? I give a damn, I do. I have a family and bass to gear to haul around, that wagon would be perfect!

'92, or more specifically built in '91 but still a '92 model. One of the youngest 240's around as '93 was the last year for it. I only learned that I had such a great example in my hands when I had already bought it, fortunately so.

Don't know if this will work or not ? (posting a picture that is)

album.php

Guess not :guilty: I inserted the url of the album display page for the picture.

'92, or more specifically built in '91 but still a '92 model. One of the youngest 240's around as '93 was the last year for it. I only learned that I had such a great example in my hands when I had already bought it, fortunately so.

Is that a recent pic? Looks like it just rolled off the lot.

Don't know if this will work or not ? (posting a picture that is)

[removed IMG tag]https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=559&pictureid=6399[/IMG]

Guess not :guilty: I inserted the url of the album display page for the picture.

It works. You just accidentally copied the link address and not the actual image address:

[insert IMG tag]https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=559&pictureid=6399[/IMG]

picture.php

The difference between the two:

forum/album
forum/picture

Thanks tons there Digital-Nitrate .... now I get it :dopey: I've been wondering how to do that since I joined the site :ouch:

Very nice of you take the time to clue me in :)

I would've got a 240 if I get my Focus... Yours look mint and better then any examples I see here. Nice :cheers:

Is that a recent pic? Looks like it just rolled off the lot.
Taken two weeks ago. :D It shows quite clearly what road salt can do a car, or more like how an old car that hasn't been ruined by it looks. The old coat of Polar White is still shining, naturally not like new but still. And it helps that it had been recently washed and waxed when the picture was taken... still not even close to the condition of Patrik's GLT though. But mine's only a GL so it's forgiven. :P

Overall I'm very pleased with its shape and I'm planning to drive it until something vital breaks down so badly that it's not worth fixing. Which will probably take a very long time seeing that the engine won't go until I've doubled the mileage (never going to happen) and the power is nowhere enough to break the drivetrain. Everything else is cheap, I replaced all wearing parts (discs, pads, handbrake shoes and their accessories) in the rear brakes for around $70. Try that with a new car!

Last edited:
Yes, excellent motivation to raise my car even more next time! And get a huge rear sway! And maybe another set of wheels and tires...

I must ask though, where's the huge Tire Rack banner? Those things are almost mandatory, lol.

I must ask though, where's the huge Tire Rack banner? Those things are almost mandatory, lol.

It's actually not a dedicated autocross car. The car is actually built to NASA and SCCA Spec Miata specifications. The event I was at in the first pic was a Time Trial to just have a little fun. If I were a dedicated autocrosser I would have it on there for the contingency though. Next year you'll see "mazda" on the rear quarter pannels, "mazdaspeed" on the front and side of the car, and "toyo" on the front fenders. You'll see those decals on just about every Spec Miata.

So I added some speed flames on my car the 'ole Interceptor. It's been a bitch to clean this thing now that I have to drive it down a dirt road to get to work now.....

^
DOOOD thats SICK how did you do that Fade?!?!?! and the FLAMES??? Oh man, It looks like you ran out of black paint around the end.....

So I added some speed flames on my car the 'ole Interceptor. It's been a bitch to clean this thing now that I have to drive it down a dirt road to get to work now.....

LOL I need to do something like that to my car. It's dirty as hell right now.

Nah. It's only 150 miles from here, which doesn't fall under my "too far" category :sly:. Plus, the 17-mile road from Port Angeles to Hurricane Ridge is pure win :drool:. It's in a National Park, so it costs $15 to play, but it is so worth it.

You've just got a thing for going out of the way for nice backgrounds, don't you?

Great backgrounds aren't very far out of the way in Washington.

Very nice car though, Kyle! I like the look of the wheels.

Needs more lows up front :P

Oh yeah, get a rollpan and either clean up and paint or replace with chrome that front bumper.

proly next month I'll get lower and upper a-arm for another 2" up front and for the rear, a roll pan will take place, original bumper was all rotten :crazy:
also I'll replace the front bumper with possibly a Ranger Edge one, if I can find one that suit my budget :)

Back