PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,886 comments
Man, with the world today this could be a total scam, one just never knows.

I certainly hope he gets better, godspeed to him.
Definitely not scamming anyone. There are plenty of people here who have been following this thread for a long time and know the kind of hours it takes to keep it going and stay active. Just the hours I put into coming here each week and applying his settings to the cars can be crazy. Most of the time I can trust the settings to be accurately set. Occasionally I will make small adjustments based on my own assessment or driving preference. I rarely have to go back and forth from testing the setting to adjusting. He has to adjust frequently between the max power he can get and possibly a target PP/target track. Then when a Physics update drops like this it resets everything.

I am someone who has reached out in DMs and encouraged him and offered suggestions on ways he could get increased donations because I appreciate and understand how lucky we have been that he has provided so much of his time on a volunteer donation basis. He has been very transparent with the community on his health and financial situation throughout the life of GT7 and this thread. There have been countless opportunities where he could have asked for specific payments or tried to scam those who were reaching out to him and I've seen zero red flags or cause for concern. Not only is he transparent with us who utilize or ask for the tunings, but he is transparent and checks in with admins and GTPlanet staff as well.

The way the world is today, a lot of people deserve to be paid for their time when they create a service or add an extra level of entertainment that adds to a video game. There are Twitch streamers out there making a nice profit off streaming regularly and providing humorous commentary while fans watch them play the game. Thankfully there are platforms like that and Patreon that offer more ways for service providers/content creators to properly monetize their time so they can continue providing a service that the community desires.

And for those who prefer one-time payments. Patreon does offer some flexibility for content creators. Give Praiano time to settle into the routine and get used to using Patreon, and once the dust has settled, maybe @vinipraiano94 and @praiano63 could utilise Patreon's features to also offer different options such as:

• pay a one-time amount for lifetime access
  • pay a one-time amount for a single car's settings
  • pay a one-time amount for lifetime access to a particular collection (ie. Ferrari or Grp 3 or 700pp cars)

Lexus LFA '10 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.49

Wide body car.

Rims size 20" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side A - Wing Custom

I love the scream of this engine. Very well balanced , fast and easy. Driving , you can go till the edge without be sanctioned by dangerous moves. Just need to correct your fault at time. Very sane. Top 700PP car most kind of circuit.

"Just buy and install engine tuning parts and weight réductions only if needed to build this or any other cars in my garage. I do this most of the time because i test the car with his maxed for configuration. Sometime it's not ok IMO and i detune till the level i want . I can't buy a new car or a new engine everytime. $$$ That's why."

1722936941807.png
1722936958697.png
1722936971471.png
1722936984972.png

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

With so many other tunes available for free, it's a hard sell. I just clicked on one of his teases in another thread, and won't be clicking again. Make no mistake, Praiano is a master, but there are other tuners that produce tunes that are super similar for $0, so that's where I'll go. But by all means, I hope he gets paid for the time he's put in.

Hey man, I don't remember needing 50 tunes ever, and you certainly haven't made 50 for me.

If I asked you for a custom tune I'd be happy to pay for it, but that's about where it ends.

I thank you for your contribution, but I'm not using it enough to pay for it. For those that are, more power to them. And certainly I wish you luck in your endeavor, and with your health problems.
I have done extensive research and can assure you that there is not another public garage or tuner on the internet that even comes close to the number of cars and consistency of Praiano. To insinuate that there are a plethora of options that are "super similar" is a wildly inaccurate statement. The end result of a tuning you find might be similar. But how he got the vehicle to that result can be vastly different from other methods.

Hopefully, this inspires someone to step up and prove me wrong and validate your statements. I wish I could afford the time myself to step up and learn so I could add another resource. I'm grateful to shell out $5 and save a ton of time.

And for those who prefer one-time payments. Patreon does offer some flexibility for content creators. Give Praiano time to settle into the routine and get used to using Patreon, and once the dust has settled, maybe @vinipraiano94 and @praiano63 could utilise Patreon's features to also offer different options such as:

• pay a one-time amount for lifetime access
  • pay a one-time amount for a single car's settings
  • pay a one-time amount for lifetime access to a particular collection (ie. Ferrari or Grp 3 or 700pp cars)
Just wait till he invites you to his only fans page.

I lay £99.99 a month for that and given the content, I consider that insane value.

Ps I dobt want to give much away, but the things he can do with PlayStation peripherals. No wonder his logitech wheel and tv needed replacing...

Last edited:
I have done extensive research and can assure you that there is not another public garage or tuner on the internet that even comes close to the number of cars and consistency of Praiano. To insinuate that there are a plethora of options that are "super similar" is a wildly inaccurate statement. The end result of a tuning you find might be similar. But how he got the vehicle to that result can be vastly different from other methods.

Hopefully, this inspires someone to step up and prove me wrong and validate your statements. I wish I could afford the time myself to step up and learn so I could add another resource. I'm grateful to shell out $5 and save a ton of time.
I can tune the car myself with reasonable skill, it's pretty easy once you see the changes the tuners make to RWD, FWD, AWD platforms, trans, diff, etc. I'm not looking to get the last little bit out of every car, mostly just change the horrible understeer that PD adds to most every car.

Get yourself a spreadsheet and for every tune you implement, write down the changes made, the drivetrain, etc, and before long you won't need a tuner at all. It takes a bit of work, of course, doesn't everything? But it's not rocket science.

This guy gets it. Its about supporting a community member who has been supporting us for years. Not everything has to be transactional.

Its strange how some people assume that everything on the internet should be free and feel the need to announce to the community that they refuse to pay for something, or don't see the value that someone else is putting 40+ hours a week into, drawing on 15 years of experience and passion.

Maybe a better approach is to just not subscribe to the paid tier.

No need to announce it to everyone.
Not sure if this is directed towards me, but I'm happy to reply to it.

It was many years ago that I first used a Praiano tune, and I never got the impression that it was work for him, or that he was looking for a handout for it. It seemed to me that he was doing it for the love of doing it.

Support the community? 40+ hours? What does this have to do with anything?

I mostly do my own tuning, but if I'm honest, the value (for me) in Praiano's tunes (and others) are in learning the craft for myself. However, I can't say I've learned more from him than Shaun or any of the others.

Get yourself a spreadsheet and for every tune you implement, write down the changes made, the drivetrain, etc, and before long you won't need a tuner at all. It takes a bit of work, of course, doesn't everything? But it's not rocket science.
You can't do this. If you apply real physics like , for a car same power , tires , weight , weight distrbution....... 70% of time it will not work.. I don't how they do but there is no logic in the PD's builds . Only testing , correct behaviors with tools offer. Some are working , others more or less , or totally mutes. Out of some weird bugs like now PD say they will fix soon.
Sure it's not rocket science. Only practice and feel.

You can't do this. If you apply real physics like , for a car same power , tires , weight , weight distrbution....... 70% of time it will not work.. I don't how they do but there is no logic in the PD's builds . Only testing , correct behaviors with tools offer. Some are working , others more or less , or totally mutes. Out of some weird bugs like now PD say they will fix soon.
Sure it's not rocket science. Only practice and feel.
I think you've misunderstood me.

Instead of implementing a tune blindly, all of the stock parameters should be written down first, and therefore the changes per tune can be seen as a whole. Doing this will easily show the general nuances of the FWD, RWD, AWD tunes, pp's, tire choice, etc.

I wasn't suggesting we use, for example, real world camber in an idiot game that has no real ability to give true feedback for such changes.

The GT series is a closed system, meaning the changes made are game changes, not real world changes, and since they keep fiddling with their physics engine the spreadsheet gets very long indeed.

But doing it this way can give ANYONE willing to put in a bit of effort the ability to generally tune any car to be better than how it comes with factory settings.

Mazda 3 '19 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - SWAP -1.34

Engine SWAP : R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)

Wide body
Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide

Front A - Side A - Rear St - Wing A

Just a bit lazy front end but ok. Excelent on Le Mans.

View attachment 1261578View attachment 1261579View attachment 1261580View attachment 1261581

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Is there a chance we'll get a 1.49 update on this? The car feels woobly and its all over the place with trail braking

@UltimateLurker I’m glad that works for you. Some have more time that others. Last night at 11:30 I decided to play. I went on my paid PRAIANO Patreon and tried the GT3(997). Vr2 headset and gloves on, it is now 11:35. 11:36 I am driving a car on rails, just a pure pleasure to drive. 11:37 I’m lost in immersion, dialed in with the car. The next hour was pure bliss. It’s a sim racing game, I don’t have time to tune for 30 minutes. All I adjust is gearing for fuel. This is an insane value for someone like me. I would pay $5 a tune. Again that’s just my situation. And this happens over and over, Tunes are on point!! Thankyou PRAIANO and your SON!!! You are good people as they say in the vernacular. Thankyou for your passion!

@UltimateLurker I’m glad that works for you. Some have more time that others. Last night at 11:30 I decided to play. I went on my paid PRAIANO Patreon and tried the GT3(997). Vr2 headset and gloves on, it is now 11:35. 11:36 I am driving a car on rails, just a pure pleasure to drive. 11:37 I’m lost in immersion, dialed in with the car. The next hour was pure bliss. It’s a sim racing game, I don’t have time to tune for 30 minutes. All I adjust is gearing for fuel.
I'm glad it works for you.

I've been driving Gran Turismo since the beginning, and tuning since GameShark, so it's faster for me to put in my own general tune. The only time I look for help is with a truly ill-handling car that I'm unable to fix for a specific race, or one of my very favorites that I drive a lot.

I'm glad that we both have systems that work for us.

Instead of implementing a tune blindly, all of the stock parameters should be written down first, and therefore the changes per tune can be seen as a whole. Doing this will easily show the general nuances of the FWD, RWD, AWD tunes, pp's, tire choice, etc.

I wasn't suggesting we use, for example, real world camber in an idiot game that has no real ability to give true feedback for such changes.

The GT series is a closed system, meaning the changes made are game changes, not real world changes, and since they keep fiddling with their physics engine the spreadsheet gets very long indeed.

But doing it this way can give ANYONE willing to put in a bit of effort the ability to generally tune any car to be better than how it comes with factory settings.
If someone enjoys this process then sure. It’s a great idea.

For people who don’t want to do this or don’t have the time and just want to spend their limited GT7 time driving - there’s the option to pay a pack of chewing gum per week, and harness Praiano’s 15 years of experience and passion for good driveable tunes.

maestro i subscribed to your patreon channel. could you do a setup for the Lamborghini gallardo, the Ferrari 430 scuderia, the alfa romeo 8c competizione and the mercedes clk. Thanks
Ok. Already in my Favorite cars garage.
@praiano63 Can we get some evolution tunes? Stock and swap?
I would like an evolution 6 TME swap first
Already in my Favorite cars garage. I had to buy another EVO VI , my was with SWAP, it was available in used cars.

That's it. I really misunderstood you . You're right. I have problem to understand long post . Reading a clear short sentence help a lot for me. Never more than 2 line , or seperate two lines of text , one sentence after another . Aphasia is a mess.... :lol: but it's still 100% clear in my head ;), just difficult to understand or expresse any information. Reading or listening.

Lexus LFA '10 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.49

Wide body car.

Rims size 20" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side A - Wing Custom

I love the scream of this engine. Very well balanced , fast and easy. Driving , you can go till the edge without be sanctioned by dangerous moves. Just need to correct your fault at time. Very sane. Top 700PP car most kind of circuit.

"Just buy and install engine tuning parts and weight réductions only if needed to build this or any other cars in my garage. I do this most of the time because i test the car with his maxed for configuration. Sometime it's not ok IMO and i detune till the level i want . I can't buy a new car or a new engine everytime. $$$ That's why."

View attachment 1378753View attachment 1378754View attachment 1378755View attachment 1378756

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
So happy to see this one! Looking fwd to driving it. And also looking forward to the Supra with same LFA engine!

That's it. I really misunderstood you . You're right. I have problem to understand long post . Reading a clear short sentence help a lot for me. Never more than 2 line , or seperate two lines of text , one sentence after another . Aphasia is a mess.... :lol: but it's still 100% clear in my head ;), just difficult to understand or expresse any information. Reading or listening.
My apologies.

Hi Praiano, thanks for all the pukka tunes mate, just signed up to your patreon, well deserved money for you mate, any chance at some point you could tune the Suzuki cappuccino for the Tokyo event please, I used to hammer that event with the Suzuki but now it's lost its control a bit since the update 👍🏻😁keep up the good work pal

Hi Praiano, thanks for all the pukka tunes mate, just signed up to your patreon, well deserved money for you mate, any chance at some point you could tune the Suzuki cappuccino for the Tokyo event please, I used to hammer that event with the Suzuki but now it's lost its control a bit since the update 👍🏻😁keep up the good work pal
Sure i'll , the most famous feared frankestein swap engine under Tokyo rainy sky. A long time i didn't ride this dragon. Tamed Soon :lol: ;)

Last edited:
You don't have to sub 1 year. You can pay 5 euros for 3 or 4 tunes, cancel and praiano will be happy
So happy ? I did 65 cars in 12 days till now. Why worry. If i do 10 cars / month i could take 5$ during 3 years....... ??
I don't think it's the best way to think about it. From my point of view , it's like a compromise . I've never stop publishing cars after any update . This one as the others we had before. Actually , i consider like an emergency. Nobody have mainly decents road cars to play they favorite game for the moment. When i'll have a full garage then i'll take a break and do less cars. I just try to provide howmuch as i can for the moment.

So happy ? I did 65 cars in 12 days till now. Why worry. If i do 10 cars / month i could take 5$ during 3 years....... ??
I don't think it's the best way to think about it. From my point of view , it's like a compromise . I've never stop publishing cars after any update . This one as the others we had before. Actually , i consider like an emergency. Nobody have mainly decents road cars to play they favorite game for the moment. When i'll have a full garage then i'll take a break and do less cars. I just try to provide howmuch as i can for the moment.
Thanks for everything. Love your Patreon deal. I thought it was a great idea. I signed up.👍

A gentleman and a legend. Its easy to understand why @vinipraiano94 is so proud of his father.

So many posts about the patreon, come on guys, if you don't want to pay the price, or can't pay, you don't have to. There will still be free tunes, use those, no issues. 5€ is a lot for some people, for others it's not, some choose to pay for Netflix and Youtube Premium, some download torrents, many people make coffee at home and spend almost no money on it, others pay 3-4-5€ for Starbucks, it's just a freedom of choice and spending money you earn on things that matter to you and that you can afford.

There is really no need to drag this out so much, if you don't want to pay, don't pay, others will, I personally enjoy these tunes, they have transformed the game for me from the first time I bought it (on the day it came out), and 5€ a month is really nothing compared to the satisfaction I got from driving Praiano tuned cars over the past 2.5 years. I'm not paying for futures tunes only, I'm paying tribute to the man that invests so much time and effort into testing these cars and sharing the settings with everybody.

Patreon is a good idea and I subscribed.

Question - how much of the $5 do you actually get?
I figured there was an easy answer to this question and decided to search for it. There are a variety of factors that change the payout depending on how the subscriber pays, currency conversion, tax laws, and membership tier. Here is the breakdown. In summary, it appears to be a much better payout percentage than what Twitch offers.

Back