PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,915 comments
What everyone hates on an open forum is any links to sites behind paywalls. As lang as you dont do that, I dont think anyone would have a problem that you have a Patreon-site.

Just think «what if» a lot of experts started to demand pay for their answers and used open forums as free advertising for their services. I goes against the whole idea of an open community.
I was one of the people who was suggesting that Praiano post links to all tunes in this thread, to encourage discussion about cars and tunes, because the thread has gone a bit quiet.

After reading your post, I have changed my mind. I was wrong. You are 100% correct. Its frustrating to have links to paywalled content in an open forum. Therefore I retract my earlier suggestion and now I think its best if Praiano does exactly what he has been doing; posts the public tunes in the thread, and leaves the other ones (so many golden tunes btw!!!) to be discovered and enjoyed on Patreon.

Can't wait to drive some of these new Porsches later this evening! And the MR2 swap tune for Nordschleife. Looks like a cracker.

What everyone hates on an open forum is any links to sites behind paywalls. As lang as you dont do that, I dont think anyone would have a problem that you have a Patreon-site.

Just think «what if» a lot of experts started to demand pay for their answers and used open forums as free advertising for their services. I goes against the whole idea of an open community.
This.

I don't use others' tunes, so I have no dog in this fight. But, I do race in real life and have provided my time coaching countless drivers elsewhere and on this forum, including three GT Academy finalists, two of which went on to Silverstone. I have never charged anyone for my time, and despite those around me pushing me to turn that to a profession, I could never bring myself to charge people for helping them with something I so enjoy. I've even gone so far as to invite a forum member that I had never met in person to come and drive one of my cars last year, at Watkins Glen, in the rain. I wouldn't have thought to charge them a dime. I still do a bit of coaching, though I have reduced my efforts given the changes in the environment and subsequent creation of a cottage industry of paid gaming assistance. That, and I have a business to run that takes up around 85 hours of my time most weeks. Though if I did decide to either go into business for myself, or to take a job with one of numerous driving schools or private coaching outfits for hire, I would expect that for me to market my services on this website I would be purchasing advertising. I would also expect that had I created a thread offering my services with a link to a website where you pay for my time, that it would be shut down rather quickly. Let alone a subscription service.

Perhaps I am wrong, but to be Fair; it is rather unprecedented on here to solicit business, link to content drawing users away from this site, and in particular linking to paywalled content on other sites. Again, I have no personal interest in this matter, however I can certainly understand the uproar and associated feelings of poor taste felt by some forum members.

Note; this post is not a commentary on anyone's decisions or choices on how to host and run their business on this website, but I do feel some of flak I've seen directed at people who have been taken aback from this discussion is rather unfounded and that the reactions seen here are not only warranted but expected. Paid content from members on this site is abnormal, and as such I would have expected varied reactions.

Are you talking about THIS FREE SETUP link ?
Porsche 356 A1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56 - RR - 550PP - Sport Hard Tires - Nordschleife - 1.50

hello praiano the glitch still works?
I don't know , i don't need to save Credits anymore after buying all the cars. I only need to buy parts and time trials are enough.. Sorry.
This.

I don't use others' tunes, so I have no dog in this fight. But, I do race in real life and have provided my time coaching countless drivers elsewhere and on this forum, including three GT Academy finalists, two of which went on to Silverstone. I have never charged anyone for my time, and despite those around me pushing me to turn that to a profession, I could never bring myself to charge people for helping them with something I so enjoy. I've even gone so far as to invite a forum member that I had never met in person to come and drive one of my cars last year, at Watkins Glen, in the rain. I wouldn't have thought to charge them a dime. I still do a bit of coaching, though I have reduced my efforts given the changes in the environment and subsequent creation of a cottage industry of paid gaming assistance. That, and I have a business to run that takes up around 85 hours of my time most weeks. Though if I did decide to either go into business for myself, or to take a job with one of numerous driving schools or private coaching outfits for hire, I would expect that for me to market my services on this website I would be purchasing advertising. I would also expect that had I created a thread offering my services with a link to a website where you pay for my time, that it would be shut down rather quickly. Let alone a subscription service.

Perhaps I am wrong, but to be Fair; it is rather unprecedented on here to solicit business, link to content drawing users away from this site, and in particular linking to paywalled content on other sites. Again, I have no personal interest in this matter, however I can certainly understand the uproar and associated feelings of poor taste felt by some forum members.

Note; this post is not a commentary on anyone's decisions or choices on how to host and run their business on this website, but I do feel some of flak I've seen directed at people who have been taken aback from this discussion is rather unfounded and that the reactions seen here are not only warranted but expected. Paid content from members on this site is abnormal, and as such I would have expected varied reactions.
I do not publish any payed content , it's a free car setup in my patreon site. Again.

I don't know , i don't need to save Credits anymore after buying all the cars. I only need to buy parts and time trials are enough.. Sorry.

I do not publish any payed content , it's a free car setup in my patreon site. Again.
I'm not talking about any one link or one car. My apologies for not making that clear.

I’m just a regular person, I never ever come home from work clean. I work hard for my money, my hands have the callouses to show. I have to take the soles out of my boots everyday so the sweat dries out of them overnight, otherwise I have wet feet from the start. I blew my nose at the end of work today and it was black from all of the dirt and dust I inhaled. I gladly spend some of my time working to contribute to his time and expertise. Trust me, I’m not sitting on any mountain top over here.

You are here on a message board, you know his tunes are legit. He lives a normal simple life, he’s not flying a private jet around. He’s trying to live his life. He’s dedicated over 15 years. So in order to make your life easier, apply yourself and ask around for extra work. Explain your situation, people will help you achieve your goal and maybe more!

Him adding a site is not the problem. You can fix this on your end by working just a fairly small amount. Ask your neighbors, friends, family, so on. Tell them seriously you are passionate enough about this race simulator that you look online for this man’s expertise. Maybe you will make enough that you can pay every month now.

I’m guessing it’s probably going to be easier than my chosen profession, and hopefully more lucrative than me as well. But I try to fix my situation when I need to. If you have hands to play, then you can most likely find a project to help someone with. Obviously this doesn’t apply to all. We are all in different situations. Why keep asking what is with this change? Change what you’re doing and find work. It won’t take long, you won’t need even a part time job to pay for this. Couple of hours max should suffice.

Tell the people around you, ask for their help. You will not regret it. Tell them it makes you happy to race, they will understand. Be happy with a turnkey rocket ship car every time. Get your situation where you want to be, not his. We are all trying to live life.

This.

You sound like you are in the fortunate position to be comfortable financially, and to have numerous income streams including a business. Not everyone has that.
Circumstances alter cases.
If a new user popped up and started advertising their business then it would not likely be taken well by the community.
In contrast, what we see here is a much loved, 15 year stalwart of the community using his unique skill and charging a very modest amount for it.
For many of us, Praiano's thread is the community. We don't look at that much else on GT PLanet.
Thankfully, 98% of the community is supportive and happy for Praiano to yield some pocket money from his passion.

I think its also worth noting that there comes a point when peoples' passions and hobbies become so time consuming that they start to resemble work. There's a level of anticipation and expectation from the community - including requests for specific tunes - that I'm sure puts a bit of pressure on Praiano. We've seen his output of tunes go quiet in the past when he became jaded. I see Patreon as being a useful tool to help keep the passion and output alive.

Last edited:

Hey praiano I really like your tunes they are absolutely amazing. And I’m totally okay to subscribe. But it just that in my country I cannot access to patron. It really upsets me that I just can’t even find a way to subscribe or donate to see the tunes aside from the free ones. Is there any other methods to solve this problem?

Hey praiano I really like your tunes they are absolutely amazing. And I’m totally okay to subscribe. But it just that in my country I cannot access to patron. It really upsets me that I just can’t even find a way to subscribe or donate to see the tunes aside from the free ones. Is there any other methods to solve this problem?
VPN

Chinese people is using VPN since a long time. Here in Brasil we are taking the same way as china with our F..... communist president Lula da Silva and the censorship is coming everywhere now. I need VPN to access X today and i can have a 10.000 usd penalty if they catch me using it.
I'm so sorry for @Xpallent , the way is to move to a free country quickly. I think i'll do this soon if there is no other way soon.:grumpy:

Back