Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
Thanks for the news

2nd race (Skyline) seams to be missing in-car view. Player keeps going throu the views but the dash never appears.

Well the Nissan GT-R (it's not a Skyline btw) is a concept/prototype, the interior hasn't been officially displayed yet to the public, so a lack of interior was expected (to me anyway).

Why are there still some people still going on about no damage?
Was I the only one who noticed you can't play bumper cars anymore?

Video is solid proof the physics have improved over a high margin.

Amar - Thank you once again for the update and thanks to CSSer for the video link.

It's nice to see so many cars on track at once, and the lighting effects/graphics look awesome. I don't know if any of those cars were AI controlled but I didn't notice too much "rubbing" like you got in GT4. However that frame rate lag is a major concern. lets hope this demo was put together some time ago and PD have worked those bugs out of the game.

You might find there is no interior view of the GTR because Nissan may not have finished designing it or want to keep it a secret until it's final launch. It's still only a prototype car.

This is one of only a few photos of the concept cars interior.

nissan-gtr-seats.jpg

take it easy there cowboy. and don't even worry, as soon as i turn 18, i'm gettin' out of the "Bluegrass" state.
Why would you do that? Well, I guess the better question is where in KY you live. If you are in/near the metropolitan triangle there is no reason to leave, but if you are anywhere else I would try my hardest to leave too.

In-car view is very good, but I like to drive lefthanded cars in europe version :) But it looks like physical model has still the same "untouchable" opponents as always and problem with framerate is obvious.
It may be that what side teh wheel is on is determined by where the car is from, or where the car they used to model it is from.

Uhoh bumper cars.
Didn't seem too much to me. There was no gamage, but the AI was obviously attempting to avoid, and collisions led to spins.

I was very excited when I first heard that GT5 will have interior views, however after seeing it in action I don't quite know what to make of it. Sure the interior itself looks great, and I like the lighting effects, but I think it's just something I must get used to. I generally like using interior views in games that provide it, but after playing GT1 through to GT4 using the bumper cam I will just have to adapt to playing GT with an interior view.
I was apprehensive at first, so I have been playing the DiRT demo with in-car view as much as possible to get used to the feel on the PS3.

Something I noticed right away, the drivers' hand doesn't let go of the wheel to change gear, I hope that is something that will be fixed for GT5.
I'm hoping that is just a difference between AT/MT.

Anyone notice right at the first corner after the restart the R33 diving down the inside of the Evo? Promising indeed. In fact watch the R33 he charges ahead and takes the Merc on the outside also.
Yes, that was beautiful. If that is AI then this will be a very promising game.

Thanks for video. Let's hope steering angle goes from 180 degrees to 900 in in-car-view when using DFP or G25. Best thing would be if all the cars had data for dfp(or g25) to know what is appropriate steering angle. You dont want to drive F1 with 900 degrees or normal car with 180.
I'm sure it does, but none of those curves required a full 900 degree turn. I think I did actually see the hands have to nearly cross when he was backing up.

Why are there still some people still going on about no damage?
Because on the scale of importance that is only one step below, "OMG, you can't do donuts!!!!11!!11!one!!!"

Was I the only one who noticed you can't play bumper cars anymore?

Video is solid proof the physics have improved over a high margin.
I noticed and agree.

When I said bumper cars I didn't mean as in the AI driving into each other I meant as in when the player drove at speed into the back of another car and it's rear quarter and the cars hardly even moved. When you watch motor racing you see how a tiny nudge can turn a car around or unsettle it but in this video it appeared the usual 10 ton weight of typical GT is remaining, I hope not as if there's not going to be any damage I and many more at least want realistic collision physics.

There was a lot of general bumping and rubbing, but there was also a lot of spinning off track with harder bumps. I also saw AI cars going off track from bumping. It's hard to tell from a video how much and how hard bumping was being done.

I think until I actually have the game in-hand I won't be able to tell how it handles this, but it definitely seemed to have more consequences than before. It could also be a case where it is more lenient when you aren't in professional mode, which is supposed to be more simulation.

From the video I say it looks better, but final judgments will have to wait until I actually play it.

A specific case in point is 1:12 when he hits the Evo X (note the Evo VII(I) and Clio taking the inside also). Also I noticed that the on the final straight that the Dunlop banner didn't cast a shadow on the car unlike the Panasonic sign before (on reflection it does cast a shadow as does the Suzuka sign before but only on the side of the car). I know it's a WIP and I appreciate that, I just want to see GT be the best it can be, no indication of tiremarks either but as I said it's still a WIP. Damn he reversed too but he was incar, wonder if we finally have the white lights ?! lol

AI has certainly improved if this is AI of course look at the different lines the white and yellow evo take after overtaking the player around 1:50.

[+] Same shadow thing happens with the Konami? Banner also.

I just realized that after the first restart and they show the grid of cars at the starting line, your car is not in 16th. There are more cars behind you. Could it be qualifying?

Also the fact that you actually see less of the wheel then on pictures we saw in July. Which is much better IMHO. Bring back F355 Challenge influence :D.

I felt the same as Diab..the racing looks real boring. I just wish crashing into other cars had more of a penalty..even if it was like Forza's damage. Looks beautiful though.

I assume the drivers view can be adjusted because it's way too close to the windscreen. The hand animation is good, best I've seen.
Not enough to judge the game though so no point trying. But it's whet my appetite for it for sure.

I have not seen it yet, but could it be that the fact the arm doesn't move while shifting, as someone said before, has to do with the gears being shifted on the steering wheel, like some buttons on the front (Alfa Romeo) or those things behind the wheel (don't know the name for them in english)?

I assume the drivers view can be adjusted because it's way too close to the windscreen. The hand animation is good, best I've seen.
I think that video wasn't centered because the mirrors (rear and side) were cut off and the wheel was slightly off to the left. So either the edges were cut, or however it was being filmed was not catching the whole screen.

or those things behind the wheel (don't know the name for them in english)?
Paddles will suffice. I always just called them paddles.

im sad to say but after watching that video, im dissapointed. it looks like the same old gran turismo to me, nothing new except a new camera. :(

Mx²
im sad to say but after watching that video, im dissapointed. it looks like the same old gran turismo to me, nothing new except a new camera.

WOW, do you not have your glasses on today?

The AI is 1000x better than any AI seen in GT, so good that you can pass them on the outside and one of them actually wrecked himself to stay out of your way.

Also the cars look like they have a much less of a 'brick' feel, some contact with other cars and the barrier spins the car around

The best looking racing game ever with 16 cars on track in 1080p with HDR lighting.

16 players online

What exactly did you want? Damage? It's been known for decades damage wouldn't be in GT5 from the start

Weather? Slight bumps that lead to spinouts like die hard sims? Was he even in the professional mode?

Oh My

If you want to crash some shi* to get your destruction fix go play forza's half-baked damage system

Peace out

Says PAL release at the end of the year. Damn. No word about USA release, no word about IS IT PHUCKN DOWNLOAD OR DISC GAME. Damn.

I don't think you can tell anything much from that video, exept that the people driving wern't driving very well at all.

Link please?! or do you have to protect your sources identity?

It's an information said by words 5 minutes ago by David Reeves of SCE and Kazunori Yamauchi of PD on the showfloor of Leipzig Game Conference in front of 2000 journalists.

Have internet or just trust us :D.

that's pretty cool indeed... wow... 16 players... that's gonna be something..

I have a feeling that this might be a trade-off for car damage tho.

Says PAL release at the end of the year. Damn. No word about USA release, no word about IS IT PHUCKN DOWNLOAD OR DISC GAME. Damn.
I keep wanting confirmation of a US release. If it is download then it won't matter but if it is disc and doesn't come to the US I hope they don't region lock it.

I don't think you can tell anything much from that video, exept that the people driving wern't driving very well at all.
I suspect part of his shoddy driving was new physics. I know GT2 to GT3 took a little relearning and GTHD took about a lap to get used to the fact that I will oversteer.

Or it could just be that it is that much more difficult with 16 cars on a track. We kept seeing it from a first lap or two and even in real life those first few laps are crowded and hard to maneuver through. He may have done fine if he had been doing a time trial or was at a point where the cars were spaced out.

But I'm just guessing here.

Back